What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Terry McLaurin, WAS (1 Viewer)

Terry McLaurin caught 4-of-6 targets for 39 yards in the Redskins' Week 8 loss to the Vikings.

It was an immensely frustrating evening for the third-round rookie, who was consistnely abusing Xavier Rhodes but getting little reward for it in the box score. McLaurin drew a 19-yard DPI on his veteran adversary. Any chance McLaurin had at a bigger night went down the tubes early in the third quarter, where Case Keenum was ruled out with a concussion. McLaurin drew all of one look after the break. Completely wide open in the red zone, he was air mailed by Dwayne Haskins for an interception. Regardless of who is under center for Week 9, McLaurin will be a tough-sell WR2 for the Redskins' Buffalo road trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing for TM owners this season is that Haskins continues to look as bad as he looked last night, so that the Redskins decide to redshirt him. 

The best thing for TM owners this season is that Haskins continues to look as bad as he looked last night, so that the Redskins decide to redshirt him. 
Playing Haskins when he is so far away from being ready doesn't help the QB or team.   They should sit him until l the last few game of the season. At least.   

Trent reported. 

I hope he plays matador on the first play and just let's the defender run past him, then as he twists his torso to flipoff the sideline, he "hurts" his back 

I can dream...

I thought I heard a rumor that the Haskins-Mclaurin connection was cash money?

Haskins does not look close to ready for prime time.......let's go Keenum, put some ice on it and play!

I thought I heard a rumor that the Haskins-Mclaurin connection was cash money?

Haskins does not look close to ready for prime time.......let's go Keenum, put some ice on it and play!
I just heard the Haskins and McLaurin played at tOSU together and should have a great connection!    McLarin is going to rack up catches at an incredible rate.   

Did they get a 1st down under Haskins last week? I know it is different to just come in cold as a rookie as opposed to having a week of preparation and game planning but everyone says he has looked completely unready. Definitely hoping for Keenum (words I never thought I'd type) despite his lack of college chemistry coursework. 

Oh dear god, please get better Case

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1189984654218203143

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said Case Keenum (concussion) could still play Week 9 against the Bills if he feels better Friday.

Keenum remains in the concussion protocol, though Callahan is still holding out hope he'll play Sunday when the Redskins travel to Buffalo. If Keenum can't clear the league's protocol in time, first-round rookie Dwayne Haskins would be in line for his first career start. It would be a brutal matchup for Haskins, who has struggled in his two cameos this year (four interceptions, 34.5 quarterback rating).

Crap crap crap

Case Keenum (concussion) was third in the Redskins' quarterback rotation during Friday's practice.

Beat reporter Craig Hoffman of 106.7 The Fan doesn't "see how" Keenum will be cleared in time for Sunday, putting Dwayne Haskins in line for his first career start Sunday at Buffalo. Despite his first-round pedigree, Haskins hasn't looked ready in his two appearances this year and gets about the worst matchup possible playing in enemy territory against a fierce Bills defense. Buffalo D/ST should be a DFS staple this week.

Think I'll have to start Sanu over Terry this week. Dammit.

Against Buffalo?

This organization should take the George Costaza "whatever I think I should just do the opposite of that" approach.
Not a bad idea. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Would it sway your opinion to know they played together in college?

Realistically, I'll be considering going with Mike Williams instead if Case isn't playing. 
It is honestly the only thing that gives me hope. But I can't do it. Deciding between him and Corey Davis. Pukefest. 

I’m going to start him. With Ridley on bye my roster options are limited.

And then there’s that college QB connection that’s been mentioned once or twice. I’m 

Haskins throws 3 picks against the Giants in a partial game.  Let's put him out there against Buffalo. 

This is not a position to succeed.  I'm starting Terry but only because I have limited options. 

welp, F-it.  Starting Terry over Sanu in my flex.  Hoping that Haskins connection shines thru...... :pickle:

Sincerely rooting for him and his new QB, but he is on my bench for Sutton, Montgomery, and Metcalf in respective leagues. 

Terry McLaurin caught 4-of-6 targets for 39 yards in the Redskins' Week 9 loss to the Bills.

McLaurin was set up for failure in this one with the Redskins taking the ball out of Dwayne Haskins' hands while McLaurin took on CB Tre'Davious White. With the Redskins willing to run the ball despite trailing, McLaurin will be very inconsistent as a flex play, even if he has some chemistry with Haskins dating back to their days at Ohio State. Through eight games, McLaurin is on pace for a 64-994-10 receiving line despite the organizational chaos. McLaurin will be a boom-or-bust WR3/4 against the Jets after their Week 10 bye.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:32 PM ET

If you need help knowing who to start just ask me and do the opposite. I always pick the wrong guy to start.

Assuming Case Keenam comes back and is healthy the rest of the year, what would you do with him? Contemplating dropping this week to pick up a TE to cover the bye but his upcoming schedule looks so inviting after the bye. Looks like only one "bad" matchup against GB according to FBG but they have been exposed lately (allowing over 300 yards average over the last 5) .

At this point he is a luxury for me and likely won't ever start him but not sure I want him on an opponents lineup.

Jets

Lions

@CAR

@GB

Eagles

Giants

In his last 5 starts he’s cleared 8 pts once in full ppr

His QB sucks
That's an awfully superficial look at it, but to each their own, I guess. 

SF game was a slopfest with no useful FF output from offensive players. MIN game was 4/39 on 6 targets in the first half, followed by terrible QB play. BUF was 4/39 on 6 targets with terrible QB play. Next week Keenum is likely back and McLaurin has a chance to go right back to 7-9 targets with solid upside. Seems foolish to simply drop a guy that has shown what he can do. Bench him, sure. Trade him, sure. Cut him and lose any value, no.

SF game was a slopfest with no useful FF output from offensive players. MIN game was 4/39 on 6 targets in the first half, followed by terrible QB play. BUF was 4/39 on 6 targets with terrible QB play. Next week Keenum is likely back and McLaurin has a chance to go right back to 7-9 targets with solid upside. Seems foolish to simply drop a guy that has shown what he can do. Bench him, sure. Trade him, sure. Cut him and lose any value, no.
With TY out and nothing behind my two starting RBs, I may start Terry if Keenum is the QB.   He is the WR1 on a team the will continue to play from behind even against defenses that are not that stout.   

I only play redraft. And I trade him and was told how dumb I was upthread

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread