What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Terry McLaurin, WAS (2 Viewers)

I could see cutting him in redraft.  Late in the year, wins to get in are critical, short benches, better options on wire in smaller leagues - lots of ways for that to make sense.

But every one of those reasons are also factors that drive down his current buy price in dynasty, and I am pouncing everywhere I can.

Final nail in our coffin...

Washington coach Bill Callahan said Dwayne Haskins will start for the rest of the season.

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter

Nov 11, 2019, 1:59 PM ET

Final nail in our coffin...

Washington coach Bill Callahan said Dwayne Haskins will start for the rest of the season.

Nov 11, 2019, 1:59 PM ET
Not good.  I may have to roll this guy this week.

Please get healthy and come back soon TY!

In dynasty leagues he has a lot of value still, but in redraft he’s basically worthless.
I guess I’m in the minority here but I’m holding for a game or 2 in redraft. He scored 8 against the Pats with Colt McCoy at QB and 8 against the Bills with Haskins. Those are 2 of the best teams against the pass and although certainly not a tremendously large sample size, it leads me to believe his floor against most of the teams left on his schedule is a little higher than that. Those matchups are tougher than anything he has left. Side note- after seeing Kupp get blanked yesterday I guess anyone’s floor is 0. But I’d feel good about McLaurin getting 10 ppr points against the weaker defenses he has remaining even with awful Haskins at Qb. And he has the upside for more.

I know he's only had a week total to work with the Redskins new QB....but I expect Terry to get 10+ targets a week going forward.  If he catches half that's a nice floor.

I agree way too early to bury Terry. Coach today talked about how they will really open up the playbook for Haskins now. I'm sure he's going to pepper him with targets, why wouldn't he? And Haskins really didn't look bad at all their last game, yes they lost, but he didn't turn the ball over and made several nice throws. 

Terry has a nice rest of season schedule.  Here are his remaining games with each defense's rank for most points given up to opposing wide receivers:

Week 11 Jets           6th

Week 12 Lions        11th

Week 13 Panthers   7th

Week 14 Packers    25th

Week 15 Eagles       8th

Week 16 Giants       3rd

Last edited by a moderator:
Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan wants to move Terry McLaurin around the formation more.

It's a tried-and-true method for sparking a wideout. McLaurin has had some injury issues mixed in, but the Redskins' quarterback chaos has helped hold him below 40 yards in three straight games. The last time he hit 100 was Oct. 13. Just 19.5 percent of McLaurin's routes have originated from the slot. McLaurin does have an excellent Week 11 setup. The Jets' cornerback group is laughably thin, while Dwayne Haskins finally got a week of practice as the clear-cut starter.

Nov 14, 2019, 3:23 PM ET

Trading Ekeler for Terry. Hurting at WR these next two bye weeks. His schedule moving forward looks good and hopeful him and Haskins can connect.

Richardson is out today which I had not realized, but I still don't have faith in Haskins even against the Jets until he shows up. The Jets may just as well be a decent DST play today. Obviously Terry and Haskins could do great too but it's a crap shoot.

I guess Sims slides in for Richardson today. I'd think even Gregg freakin Williams can manage to double cover Terry today but who knows.

Richardson is out today which I had not realized, but I still don't have faith in Haskins even against the Jets until he shows up. The Jets may just as well be a decent DST play today. Obviously Terry and Haskins could do great too but it's a crap shoot.

I guess Sims slides in for Richardson today. I'd think even Gregg freakin Williams can manage to double cover Terry today but who knows.
My eyes lit up when I saw Haskins was starting and they were on my wire. I might regret this, but I think you could do well just lining up teams that are going to play WAS down the stretch and using them as your D/ST

Glad to own McLaurin.  Glad he isn't in my starting lineup.
This is where I am.  I decided to keep him on my roster since he has to get targets.   He's on the bench for now but maybe Haskins learns enough on the job for Terry to become a play again soon.  

Terry McLaurin caught 3-of-4 targets for 69 yards in the Redskins' Week 11 loss to the Jets.

McLaurin only seeing four targets while the Redskins were trailing multiple scores was very disappointing, but as he's done for most of the season, McLaurin made the most of them. The rookie is now averaging over 10 yards per target and that number would've been even higher if his long catch and run wasn't called back for a hold. McLaurin did have another big play on a ridiculous sideline catch over a defender, and this time it wasn't called back. McLaurin has proven that he's capable of reaching a ceiling, but he needs to get more opportunities to be a reliable flex in fantasy down the stretch. Until that happens, McLaurin will be a boom-or-bust fantasy asset.

DocHolliday said:
This is where I am.  I decided to keep him on my roster since he has to get targets.   He's on the bench for now but maybe Haskins learns enough on the job for Terry to become a play again soon.  
I seem to be the king of having talented wrs that have crap qbs. So bench but not cut seems to be the play.

Haskins is terrible. Who does playing him help? The rest of the team could use development too and they’re all held back by the awful Qb. Free Case!

Haskins is terrible. Who does playing him help? The rest of the team could use development too and they’re all held back by the awful Qb. Free Case!
They probably want to know for sure that Haskins is terrible before next year's draft.  They know that Keenum isn't the future.  And since losing is in their best interests for draft position, Haskins helps them achieve that goal, too.

Don Hutson said:
They probably want to know for sure that Haskins is terrible before next year's draft.  They know that Keenum isn't the future.  And since losing is in their best interests for draft position, Haskins helps them achieve that goal, too.
That’s fair I guess. A shame to see Terry losing the opportunity for valuable targets. And Guice losing reps as well.

Terry McLaurin hauled in 5-of-12 targets for 72 yards in Washington's Week 12 win over Detroit.

Sunday's performance was an encouraging sign for McLaurin's diminishing fantasy outlook since his previous high in targets from Dwayne Haskins was 6. He now leads the team with 22 targets and a 25 percent target share in Haskins' three starts. Carolina presents a tougher test since McLaurin's the likeliest candidate to see James Bradberry's coverage on the outside, but the standout third-rounder could easily continue bucking impossible on-paper matchups for surprising success as a low-end WR3/4. He'll be ranked as such (even with Haskins under center) in Week 13.

ahartig said:
He should have had two. Haskins missed him on a crossing route in the end zone in the first half i think. Mclaurin was WIDE open too. So frustrating. 
Overthrew him by 5 feet. Just horrible. It was a gimme TD.

Was forced to start him and was pleased at his points.   Obviously, I wasn't expecting much.   Shame that he didn't score though but his QB play is going to frustrating.   

Users who are viewing this thread