What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Terry McLaurin, WAS (2 Viewers)

Helps that he's got capt. checkdown at QB and the backup is his college teammate so either QB should get him opportunities.

Promoting and starting this week due to injuries (M. Williams and Tyreek) over Dorsett because I think week 1 was the anomaly for him. 

In my main dynasty league, I traded Boyd for AB.  I'm trying to trade for Tyreke Hill now that he's out.  I may end up starting Calvin Ridley, McLaurin and Hardman

I liked this guy in the draft and didn't get him in as many dynasty leagues as I wanted to. 

The knock on him was that he is an older rookie but SUPER mature and professional in his thoughts and actions.  High aptitude and great athletecism and available opportunities make him a really high upside trade target.  Haskins is also his college QB so there should be rapport built in. 

Keep in mind Hollywood only played 18% of the snaps last week.
Yup (love your snap count thread, hoping to chime in with some comments when I can). He played 13 or so snaps in the first half and then I believe none at all in the second due to the game being a total blowout and him still working back to full speed from the foot. In a closer game I think he would have been around 40% of the snaps week 1 and I’m expecting him 40-50% week 2. Unless it’s a total blowout again in which case hopefully he’ll have a hand in that.

Yup (love your snap count thread, hoping to chime in with some comments when I can). He played 13 or so snaps in the first half and then I believe none at all in the second due to the game being a total blowout and him still working back to full speed from the foot. In a closer game I think he would have been around 40% of the snaps week 1 and I’m expecting him 40-50% week 2. Unless it’s a total blowout again in which case hopefully he’ll have a hand in that.
That's useful context for sure.

In add info to his snap count (he actually played 12 snaps)…………..Of the 12 snaps he ran 8 routes and had 4 receptions.  All that to say that when he was in the game he was in the pattern and they were going to him.  I wouldn't be too worried about the low snap count in a game the Ravens probably didn't need to use a starter after the half way point of the 2nd quarter. 

In add info to his snap count (he actually played 12 snaps)…………..Of the 12 snaps he ran 8 routes and had 4 receptions.  All that to say that when he was in the game he was in the pattern and they were going to him.  I wouldn't be too worried about the low snap count in a game the Ravens probably didn't need to use a starter after the half way point of the 2nd quarter. 
All good things let’s meet up in the Hollywood thread!

I agree I saw special things on Sunday. I was lucky enough to get this kid in two leagues. Probably starting him over Dede in one league, debating over whether or not to start him over Cooks in the other. Will probably hedge my bets and start Cooks. 

I agree I saw special things on Sunday. I was lucky enough to get this kid in two leagues. Probably starting him over Dede in one league, debating over whether or not to start him over Cooks in the other. Will probably hedge my bets and start Cooks. 
I I’ve got 2 superflex spots and four guys I’m debating on; kenny G, burkhead, Malcon brown, and Terry.  0.5 ppr

Pretty sure Terry will be a lock. Dallas looks good and They will most likely put up some points. I feel Terry has the highest floor and highest ceiling out of all those guys  

I think it's going to be a long season as a Mclauren owner.  I think he will be inconsistent enough that starting him is risky.  That offense is not going to be good more often that it is.

Wonder what the beast WR season is for a bottom 15 offense?

The Dude said:
Wonder what the beast WR season is for a bottom 15 offense?
Just looking at last year...

Seattle barely threw 3000 last year (27th) and Lockett hit 965 yards and 10 tds. 

Cincinnati hit 3300 (24th) and Boyd had 1078 and 8 while AJ had a pace of 1233 and 11.

The 'skins were ranked 28th last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seattle barely threw 3000 last year (27th) and Lockett hit 965 yards and 10 tds. 

Cincinnati hit 3300 (24th) and Boyd had 1078 and 8 while AJ had a pace of 1233 and 11.

Better numbers than I thought.  Thanks for going to the trouble.  

And threw for 380 Sunday. 45:13 pass to run ratio. We'll see moving forward, but still.

Also Case Keenum had Sanders (1157) on a very good per game pace last year with Denver and killed it the year before with Thielen (1274) and Diggs (1004 pace @ 879 in 14 games).

Also Case Keenum had Sanders (1157) on a very good per game pace last year with Denver and killed it the year before with Thielen (1274) and Diggs (1004 pace @ 879 in 14 games).
I was thinking the same thing. Two years ago Case was throwing up crazy #s with Diggs and Thielen. 

:blackdot:

I got him at the end of the waiver run. Nobody in my league was fighting over him, that's for sure.  He's a stash candidate for now, but am hoping Week 1 wasn't a fluke.

got him on waivers for 2 of 170 FABB.  Eveyone else sleeping on him

Having trouble deciding on him., AJ Brown, or Crowder, all FA's shallow benches.

The situation sold me as the intial move over those other 2.

Bad team with a bad D and weak run game going to be throwing, somebody besides V Davis has to catch it there.  

Ya I nabbed him in a couple of leagues with very little trouble. I think the onslaught of good stats from other players shielded him. That and the perception of the Redskins not being good. But I agree with rugcleaner. They might be throwing a lot.

Yeah my redrafts slept on him.  Got him everywhere with almost no priority. 

He's going to be decent. 
With the 12th WW pick today I didn't think I would get him.  Fortunately, other teams had to address QB issues and RB issues.  Ross and Hollywood were taken before my pick but I happily ended up with scary terry.  Keenum is a decent QB and the Redskins are going to have to throw the ball.   The targets should be there and that's half the battle.  

The world is still sleeping on this dude. So glad Keenum missed him on that second bomb, or he would've been the talk of the NFL after week 1. He put on some ridiculous tape for his first game as a rookie. Dude has it all. Wheels, hands, body control and impeccable character. Cannot wait to see more.

There's just no way the Washington team I am in a dysfunctional fan relationship with lucked into a stud like this in the 3rd, and one who didn't hit any advanced metric thresholds on top of it...a true "sleeper"...it would be too good to be true for this organization.

That thought is pretty much the only thing keeping my optimism in check. He is living up to the training camp hype and seems like a polished stud. 

Now in reality, we probably lucked into him because we thought he'd be a stud on ST's. The same thing happened with Jamison Crowder in the 4th round...Gruden was legitimately surprised at how good they were at their actual positions. Oh, and they would have seen him a lot on Haskins' tape of course.

The world is still sleeping on this dude. So glad Keenum missed him on that second bomb, or he would've been the talk of the NFL after week 1. He put on some ridiculous tape for his first game as a rookie. Dude has it all. Wheels, hands, body control and impeccable character. Cannot wait to see more.
I’m in on this guy. Benched Mike Evans and his six points last night for him. Hope he gets loose!

The only time I pick players on crappy teams is if they are wrs that show me something. This guy should be one of those guys. Playing from behind can be a good thing.

The only time I pick players on crappy teams is if they are wrs that show me something. This guy should be one of those guys. Playing from behind can be a good thing.
Not just WRs, but WR1s on their respective crappy teams with actual NFL WR1 attributes. This guy is exactly that. McC took the lion's share of snaps and quality targets last week and afterward Gruden was quoted as saying "if they were smart, they would've drafted him in round 1."

Giddy up.

Users who are viewing this thread