Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Opening Night: Packers @ Bears

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

The Montgomery crowd will be banging their heads for awhile

Nah - it’s a long season. 

I still believe in his talent. When he touched the ball he was electric. The Bears will notice that. Teams adjust. The season isn’t 1 game long, and the Bears QB tanked everyone’s stock not named ARob. 

You can heckle Montgomery owners all you want - it is what it is. I got him late 5th. He’s going to have better games. If not I’ll start L.Murray. 

Wouldn't mind having back these 3 and a half hour spent watching this abomination but I guess I'm ####ed....whatever.

At least I got 15 points from Rogers which considering this #### show...I'll take. And Devante with 7...well...what can you do? 

We just have to hope the Chubb's, Carson's,  Kupp's, Boyd's, MacDonalds, Tuckers and Brown D of the world makes up for this atrocity tonight....lol

Just a terrible night football wise and fantasy wise. Good thing the season really starts Sunday.

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Nah - it’s a long season. 

I still believe in his talent. When he touched the ball he was electric. The Bears will notice that. Teams adjust. The season isn’t 1 game long, and the Bears QB tanked everyone’s stock not named ARob. 

You can heckle Montgomery owners all you want - it is what it is. I got him late 5th. He’s going to have better games. If not I’ll start L.Murray. 

Sure, he has talent, but IMO the coaches dont want to use him exclusively. It doesnt matter if hes the best rb in the nfl if his coach doesnt want to use him every play 

2 minutes ago, ninerfan said:

Funny...

Earlier a local news station said "packers and brewers play at the same time, fans need to make a tough decisiob" and I say to my wife, "Ha! yeah right who wants to watch the brewers now?" should have switched channels...

Edited by Dr. Dan

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wow. That was a terrible football game. If it wasn’t for defense there would be nothing positive to come from it.  Coaching was bad. Offense was bad. Officiating was bad. Felt like a preseason game. 

Only thing worse was Michaels and Collinworth's wardrobe.   Was like having Frank Nitti and Al Capone call the game.  

Prohibition should have been applied to this game. 

Edited by dcgangstas
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Sure, he has talent, but IMO the coaches dont want to use him exclusively. It doesnt matter if hes the best rb in the nfl if his coach doesnt want to use him every play 

It’s the first game of the season. Let’s cools our jets a bit. There was very little for anyone to be optimistic about from this game other than some defense. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

You’re drawing a massive conclusion based on a really small sample size.

the Bears went 3 & out so many times - it’s not like they ever got into a rhythm. 

GB D played their butts off & Trubisky was terrible. 

I cant see any takeaways other than that. The cutsie playcalls instead of basic football to get 1st downs was also highly detrimental to gameflow.

this is a major overreacting to one game. 

• Laughing 1

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

You’re drawing a massive conclusion based on a really small sample size.

the Bears went 3 & out so many times - it’s not like they ever got into a rhythm. 

GB D played their butts off & Trubisky was terrible. 

I cant see any takeaways other than that. The cutsie playcalls instead of basic football to get 1st downs was also highly detrimental to gameflow.

this is a major overreacting to one game. 

we will see

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Talk on the radio has been this is a top 5 group. I believe it even though Chicago O sucks 

Vikes, Broncos and Eagles at home than quick trip to Dallas and than back home for the Lions and Raiders before they go on the road to deal with the Chiefs and Chargers 

I can think of alot worse streamers than the Packers...that's for sure.

And they are both available in my two $$ leagues and considering I have both the Browns and Saints in both, it is tempting to put in a waiver claim for them as that schedule looks pretty juicy and maybe let the Saints go. Hmmm....decisions decisions. Why they pay us GM's the big bucks...lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I got a fever... and the only prescription is more Montgomery, babe!

Enough of this schtick dude. It’s really getting antagonistic at this point. I’m just talking  football here. I didn’t say Montgomery at all (though on the PA it was Montgomery in the backfield) 

I don’t GAF who runs the ball - when it’s 3rd and 1 & you’ve just busted back to back solid runs, hand the damn ball off. Especially at a point in the game where your QB has been struggling. Confidence plays help build momentum. 

Tricky gimmicky cutsie plays cause punts/boos/demoralization. 

Just bad football.

and yes, they’d have been better off handing it to Montgomery on both of those plays. That would have been better football than what we saw. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maximus* said:

Vikes, Broncos and Eagles at home than quick trip to Dallas and than back home for the Lions and Raiders before they go on the road to deal with the Chiefs and Chargers 

I can think of alot worse streamers than the Packers...that's for sure.

And they are both available in my two $$ leagues and considering I have both the Browns and Saints in both, it is tempting to put in a waiver claim for them as that schedule looks pretty juicy and maybe let the Saints go. Hmmm....decisions decisions. Why they pay us GM's the big bucks...lol

I wanted to get GB on my subscriber team but couldnt find the money 

Just now, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Road win in the division and conference with no apparent injuries and 3 extra days to prepare for the Vikings at home.  All big positives.  Defense, big positive.  Punter and kicker, positives.  I'm pretty pleased.  

Have to kick the rust off the offense, but the bears D is exceptional 

• Like 2