What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Opening Night: Packers @ Bears (1 Viewer)

Ugly win...but its still a win over the bears and on the road. Good to get that preseason game out of the way.

Nice to see solid D (outside of the one third and 10 where the Packers rushed 3) and good special teams.

Yeah it sounds about as ridiculous as when people were being serious about it
No, it sounds like you’re haranguing people for no apparent reason, which is impolite at best, and kicking them when they’re down at worst. 

But you do you I guess. :shrug:   

No, it sounds like you’re haranguing people for no apparent reason, which is impolite at best, and kicking them when they’re down at worst. 

But you do you I guess. :shrug:   
Not at all. I found it humerous when some were complaining he was open, or on the sideline, or whatever. The biased glasses are always funny. Chicago screamed rbbc (as did GB) yet people are shocked to see it and pulling their hair out during games. 

Not at all. I found it humerous when some were complaining he was open, or on the sideline, or whatever. The biased glasses are always funny. Chicago screamed rbbc (as did GB) yet people are shocked to see it and pulling their hair out during games. 
I didn’t see anyone shocked at all. I read every comment in here & while I saw some frustration when Trubisky missed a wide open Monty, or when in short yardage they called stupid plays, I didn’t see anyone complaining that Cohen or Davis were getting touches. Everyone expected that to happen. 

But I did see you projecting that people were shocked, which is weird. 

I fully expected RBBC I posted as much in the Montgomery topic. 

I just thought there’d be a lot more carries to go around. 

Contrarian view:  Packers vs Bears 10-3 100th NFL anniversary season opener is as good as it gets.  Perfect. 
For those who didn’t watch the game it looks great. For those who love a defensive game, I’m sure they enjoyed it. For most others who watched it, it was a very poorly executed game is almost every aspect. I’m just glad it was the first game and not mid season. 

They gotta stop putting divisional matchups in prime-time. Give us exciting and new, not a game we've seen 100 times. Dal-NYG, Pitt-Balt, GB-Chi, Pats-Jets, etc, stick these games at 1pm Sunday. Chi-GB was the sunday night opener just last year. What a stinker.

They gotta stop putting divisional matchups in prime-time. Give us exciting and new, not a game we've seen 100 times. Dal-NYG, Pitt-Balt, GB-Chi, Pats-Jets, etc, stick these games at 1pm Sunday. Chi-GB was the sunday night opener just last year. What a stinker.
Last year’s game was very exciting though. 

Oh and his other call on 3 and 1 was some zone read BS (it’s kind foggy right now) which resulted in Trubs taking a loss.

Oh and his other call on 3 and 1 was some zone read BS (it’s kind foggy right now) which resulted in Trubs taking a loss.
It was Play-action, but yeah. 

The irony is that Mitch / Monty sold it so well that Monty dragged a pile of 3-4 defenders 3 yards up the middle. Without the ball. While Mitch was out there tripping over his own feet. 

:doh:  

i just watched the Patterson play again. 8 yards deep for a draw that went backwards. So bad. Just such a bad 3rd & 1 play. 

Weird game that either team could have won, and the Packers come away with a road win against a division rival. They have that in their pocket and extra days to rest, all in week 1. They have to be pretty happy. The Bears have a lot of questions, dropped a home game to Green Bay and have extra days to endure a brutal media dissecting their performance.

As for me, I couldn't finish the game. I followed it, but I couldn't keep my eyes on it. 

They just got them out of Pat Summerall's old wardrobe trailer.  That was fine for Collinsworth, but Michael's looked like five pounds of sausage in a one pound casing.  Dude needs to go on an @Otis diet.
But Collinsworth was swimming in his. It was a very odd broadcast and a #### game. 

There may be more games like this one this weekend.  It's what happens when no one plays in the preseason.  It looked like a preseason game for both offenses.  For the Bears' offense, it looked like their first preseason game.  But yeah, player safety and all that.  

There may be more games like this one this weekend.  It's what happens when no one plays in the preseason.  It looked like a preseason game for both offenses.  For the Bears' offense, it looked like their first preseason game.  But yeah, player safety and all that.  
:thumbup:

anyone else watching last night, hoping to see a cartoon guy on the tv screen poking at the players with a stick...

"c'mon, ... do something"

So apparently the Packers never came out of Dime defense all night.  

If the Packers were daring the Bears to play power football, why didn't the Bears adjust and start running the ball with big sets?  

After watching a little of the film, I am left scratching my head on the play calling.  

So apparently the Packers never came out of Dime defense all night.  

If the Packers were daring the Bears to play power football, why didn't the Bears adjust and start running the ball with big sets?  

After watching a little of the film, I am left scratching my head on the play calling.  
The pass/run mix was extremely odd for Nagy Thursday night.  Even when they called run it would be an odd sweep with 1 yard to go or they'd give the ball to non-RBs.  Puzzling.

The pass/run mix was extremely odd for Nagy Thursday night.  Even when they called run it would be an odd sweep with 1 yard to go or they'd give the ball to non-RBs.  Puzzling.
Didn't run Cohen once.  Never powered a run for a first down once.  Even with 3rd and 1.  Power runs in those situations help the offensive line.  Helps the confidence of the entire offense.  And they had the horses. 

If GB was going to "force" Trubisky to play from the from the pocket, then punch the ball in the middle of the line until you can start sprinkling in some PA pass.  They had 1 linebacker on the field.  Too much spread offense for the Bears once the coaches knew the Packers were winning the battle in the dime package.  Always easy to second guess the day afterwards though. I understand what the coaching staff was trying to do.  

Users who are viewing this thread