What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Opening Night: Packers @ Bears (1 Viewer)

Ok Milkman.....I agree with you.

This is what I do not understand. Two strong runs.....3rd and 1 and you run that BS? They over think things and try to look like genius’s. 

@JimmyKempski: Wondering if Matt Nagy would have been better served worrying about something other than just his kicker this offseason.

Good point and maybe next drive they will. Gotta try something. Because they are simply getting overwhelmed....as are the Packers.
I'm not trying to kill your team bro. I think you have a bunch of talent. Just watch as the year goes in. Nagy scripts like 15-20 plays and the Bears normally look great in the beginning. Then it goes all to ####. It should get better as the game goes on not worse. 

This is what I do not understand. Two strong runs.....3rd and 1 and you run that BS? They over think things and try to look like genius’s. 
Exactly.  My beef with these offensive "geniuses" is that they often would rather call a weird play to look smart than a boring play that will work. 

I'm not trying to kill your team bro. I think you have a bunch of talent. Just watch as the year goes in. Nagy scripts like 15-20 plays and the Bears normally look great in the beginning. Then it goes all to ####. It should get better as the game goes on not worse. 
Dolphins are my team......I wish the Bears were...at least they have hope. I will be destroyed all year.....it is going to suck.

Play calling is crap right now.  3rd and 1 you just sneak it.  So easy.
Or hand it to Montgomery who would have easily had that. He busted through 4 defenders who all thought he had the ball. I mean come on. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Nagy brother. Cohen is really good when you get him in mismatches. Why haven't we seen that yet. Remember the playoff game. Cohen had like 4 touches. That's inexcusable. 

This is the drive the Bears get into a rhythm. They must establish the running game this drive.....then spring cohen on a screen or play action down to Robinson.

The ran two very strong runs last drive then Nagy out thunk himself.

Let’s see if they just try to win the LOS and play some old school football here.

Its games like this (that I sit through occasionally) that remind me why I pay for and watch REDZONE on Sundays.

Full games are unwatchable after being spoiled with REDZONE.

Is it Sunday yet?

TZM
Sort of disagree. Tried that for a bit a few years ago and was hard to get into a game flow.

Does Mitch throw every single pass off his back foot? It’s terrible!!! Just awful mechanics. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly.  My beef with these offensive "geniuses" is that they often would rather call a weird play to look smart than a boring play that will work. 
Imo, they dont understand the power of lining up on 3rd and 1 and blowing the other guys off the ball for a new set of downs. Psychologically, its intimidating in a way that tricking your way to a first down never can be. 

Users who are viewing this thread