What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good Deal/Bad Deal...? (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
I drink a couple half pints of AA whiskey a week, I was paying 3;25 at a place owned by a guy from Syria, real nice guy and we talk about his growing up there and his take on America. I went in there today.....3. 60.  Now I get this isn't some real big deal but I pass at least three places I could pay that.  I was only dealing with my Syrian friend because....3.25.

So here is my deal.

Zeno...(after some small talk)  I have a deal for you,  as you know I buy a couple half pints a week or 8 a month, that is around 25 bucks. Now if you continue to let me pay that 3.25 I will deal with you only.  At 3.60 why drive way over here, I can get that anywhere.  So....3.25?

Well?

He does have others working there sometimes, no problem, don't expect.....now if this big guy in a Niner ball cap guy comes in.,...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just saw that commercial where Alvin Kamara says......"we meet again".....does the guy nail it or what? 

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy would be crazy to throw away your $25 in sales every month.  I mean, just imagine what his profit is on that! Even with the increase in his cost that made him up his price, he's still going to be making hundreds of cents every month.

The guy would be crazy to throw away your $25 in sales every month.  I mean, just imagine what his profit is on that! Even with the increase in his cost that made him up his price, he's still going to be making hundreds of cents every month.
Or thousands of Syrian pounds, which we all know don't just grow on trees!

Umm...that's $2.80 a month pal. 
Anytime you deal with things that are a constant like toilet paper, tooth paste, razor blades, milk, bread, gas, etc you always try and find the best deal because that savings does make a difference over time. 

The AA was on sale, it was actually 2.99 with tax 3.25. It probably was....3 whatever.

Anytime you deal with things that are a constant like toilet paper, tooth paste, razor blades, milk, bread, gas, etc you always try and find the best deal because that savings does make a difference over time. 
$2.80 a month is costing you an extra gallon of gas to get there. Boy, those savings are really adding up! 

Do they have a discount for purchasing by the case?
I don't have the discipline  for that to work. I don't like the fact I enjoy my little vice like I do.  So I put limits on myself. I am into working out and taking care of the body.

I read the OP and thought that was weird pricing for someone to pour you a weird amount of whiskey at a bar (around, but not quite, three double shots). Thought maybe the guy was pouring you ~8 oz of whiskey into an old-fashioned glass or something.

I see you are talking about small bottles purchased at a convenience store. Carry on.

coyote5 said:
This is all very fascinating.  Please keep us updated as to if you are able to secure your $2.80/month savings.
Any place where farting is a topic for discussion......hey.

Junior high was long time ago, ok slugger?
This is true.  But I still fart.  I have a good 50 years of farting under my belt.  Not from whiskey though.  Beer maybe, but not from whiskey.  I haven't been drinking whiskey for 50 years either, so farting has been a more integral part of my life.    I never had AA Whiskey though, so maybe there's a chance it would make me fart.

This is true.  But I still fart.  I have a good 50 years of farting under my belt.  Not from whiskey though.  Beer maybe, but not from whiskey.  I haven't been drinking whiskey for 50 years either, so farting has been a more integral part of my life.    I never had AA Whiskey though, so maybe there's a chance it would make me fart.
Cool~~~

Yup. And alcoholism lasts a lifetime.
That is why I'm real careful with drinking. Totally into the body, a fitness geek/freak.

I can;t see a pint of whiskey in a seven day period as being anything really. Just like a little mini buzz and the way it warms the body.....couple times a week.

This is a good litmus test for stupidity. If you responded to this test - bad news. It’s not irriconceivable. But it’s not a good sign. If you avoided it - pat yourself on the back. As for those who fell face first, a few recognizable symbols for the future:

topic has no basis in modern day logic. 

Topic is open ended to the point you could drive a freight train thru

topix has some level of controversy such that it begs engagement.  

If all three are satisfied. Stay true. Review the author vs your pre-reviewed authors of substance. If you sniff out a weasel... do stay true to your instinct. Back seat and vacate the thread.  Let the thread and weasel die the slow death it deserves.  And be very wary 

This is a good litmus test for stupidity. If you responded to this test - bad news. It’s not irriconceivable. But it’s not a good sign. If you avoided it - pat yourself on the back. As for those who fell face first, a few recognizable symbols for the future:

If all three are satisfied. Stay true. Review the author vs your pre-reviewed authors of substance. If you sniff out a weasel... do stay true to your instinct. Back seat and vacate the thread.  Let the thread and weasel die the slow death it deserves.  And be very wary 
Or we just bored.  

I pity the guy who asks you for directions.

Users who are viewing this thread