What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shuke's 1300 favorite songs by 1300 different artists. (1 Viewer)

I just heard this song for the first time in forever and first thing I thought was if this guy was in the countdown. No dice. Was omission on purpose?

George Thorogood & The Destroyers - One Bourbon, One Scotch , One Beer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmgOrhELXs
Damn! Too little love for George in here.

I saw him live in Louisville in the late 80's or early 90's. I was not a big fan going in - but I liked him enough to buy the tickets. 

It was a small venue - an old Victorian theater. We had seats around 5th - 7th row ... best I can figure. 

Well, he brought the house down. I was amazed at how much sound he could make. Yeah - that sounds dumb, but he just put the music out like it was a raging river. I got swept away and have been a bigger fan ever since.

George Thorogood - I Didn't Know

Now this is a song with a message ... but we'll never know.

Now this is a song with a message

I didn't know
I didn't know
I didn't know
I didn't know
I didn't know

I didn't know

You gotta know
You gotta know
You gotta know
You gotta know
But I found out
What it's all about

And I still don't know

You never know
You never know
You never know
You never know
I thought I knew
Just what to do

And I'll never know

How could I know?
How could I know?
How could I know?
How could I know?
I'm hear to say
Til my dyin' day

I really don't know

Next time I'll know
Which way to go
Next time I'll know (yeah, sure)
Next time I'll know
Some do it right
They do it all night

And they still don't know

I didn't know
I didn't know!
I didn't know
I didn't know
I really don't know
You gotta know
You never know
Next time I'll know
I didn't know
We'll never know

999. Deap Vally - Smile More

Who was it that said rock is dead?
I am happily unhappy, man... 

WHOA! I think you just introduced me ta my soul-mate! ❤️
As you can see, I really like Deap Vally. I have another garage type band to spotlight that feels kind of similar - in my opinion. The Black Belles were found by Jack White and are signed to his Third Man Records label. I really like the bass and thump.

The Black Belles

What Can I Do?

Pushing Up Daisies

Arapaho of nothing...but if you need to be baked like grandma’s apple pie to dig a band/song you might want to take a step back.

see: me and Jane’s Addiction circle 1989

Free!

We’re happy to announce that two top selling classic rock bands will appear at the 27th Annual Festival in Sycamore, to be held on July 12 and 13 from 6:00 PM until midnight at Bechtold Park, 4312 Sycamore Rd. THE FABULOUS THUNDERBIRDS, with number 1 hits including Tuff Enuff and Wrap It Up, will perform Friday night, July 12. Legendary classic rockers JEFFERSON STARSHIP, whose hits include Miracles and Count on Me, will appear on Saturday, July 13. Admission is FREE!

I remember someone bringing up Madonna.  Was this ever discussed?  Pretty big catalog to reject every last one of them.  

I don't have any of her albums, but there's some pretty decent stuff floating around.  

Also, how about Melanie's "Lay Down/Candles in the Rain"?

Last edited by a moderator:
shuke, with both Billy Bragg and Wilco having done well in your rankings, was the omission of any Wilco/Billy Bragg song from either Mermaid Avenue record an oversight, or did those not move the shuke-ometer?

I kinda love every song on the first album, but if pressed I'd choose California Stars as my favorite Wilco-focused one and Walt Whitman's Niece as my favorite Bragg-focused one.
I think in my mind I just assumed those to be Wilco songs.  Looks like I have a loophole to add another song!

Whoa. I've been away from this thread for a long time. You did the 1k and added a play list. Nice! Perfect timing to give my ears something to listen to as I go back to work tomorrow after a couple week plus vacation hiatus. 

1008. Billy Bragg & Wilco - California Stars

@krista4 was nice enough to point out that while I had both Bragg and Wilco on my list, I had forgotten about this collaboration.

From wiki: Mermaid Avenue is a 1998 album of previously unheard lyrics written by American folk singer Woody Guthrie, put to music written and performed by British singer Billy Bragg and the American band Wilco.

1008. Billy Bragg & Wilco - California Stars

@krista4 was nice enough to point out that while I had both Bragg and Wilco on my list, I had forgotten about this collaboration.

From wiki: Mermaid Avenue is a 1998 album of previously unheard lyrics written by American folk singer Woody Guthrie, put to music written and performed by British singer Billy Bragg and the American band Wilco.
Love it so hard!  This one is probably my favorite, though I vacillate.

I still have other suggestions/queries for you, but I didn't want to inundate.  Also I'm lazy.

Alrighty.

My listen begins.

I will be doing a proper order play - no shuffle here. 

My goal: no other spotify playing until I complete the full list.

Wish me luck in my endeavor.

GM mentioned a couple of these in his thread and they made me think of a couple more songs maybe you should dig.. thread died before I thought to post em

If you like Spacehog  you may enjoy this track by Mansun

If you like Greg Kihn how about Billy Squier's My Kinda Lover, I know he's usually a joke but this one slays

Alrighty.

My listen begins.

I will be doing a proper order play - no shuffle here. 

My goal: no other spotify playing until I complete the full list.

Wish me luck in my endeavor.
I am currently up to - eh ... down to? ... 

741.   Willie Nelson - On the Road Again

One quarter of the way through.

So far, it has been a great listen. I have only "fast forwarded" one song to date: Joy Division - Disorder - #795.

It was late; I was stoned; It irritated me ... I like Wille.

I thought that I was getting close ... but ...

I just hit:

78. Iron Butterfly - In a Gadda da Vida

... and discovered that it is the "full length" version.

That may add a week to my listen ... but no worries; great listen.

Alrighty, alrighty, alrighty!

I am listening to #1 right now ... Eyes of the World.

This has been a great experience, and I am now even more amazed that you completed this shuke. 

I did not crack the Shuke Code - but, I did find a nice merit badge set for your accomplishment.

I made these in 2000 or so:

The Bear

Walking with the Bear

Shuke indeed, Walks with the Bear. 🐻🚶‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread