What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shuke's 1300 favorite songs by 1300 different artists. (1 Viewer)

Wasn't sure of a place to put this, but with this thread bumped and shuke being a Leonard Cohen fan, I wanted to mention that I saw Marianne and Leonard on Saturday and highly  recommend to fans of Cohen.  The bits about Hydra were particularly fascinating, and I learned a lot about Cohen than I'd previously known.

The only issue is that, for people like me whose favorite Cohen song has been "Suzanne," we might have to change our favorites to a Marianne-related song instead.  What a lovely woman (as opposed to Suzanne who seemed like a bee-yatch).

Wasn't sure of a place to put this, but with this thread bumped and shuke being a Leonard Cohen fan, I wanted to mention that I saw Marianne and Leonard on Saturday and highly  recommend to fans of Cohen.  The bits about Hydra were particularly fascinating, and I learned a lot about Cohen than I'd previously known.

The only issue is that, for people like me whose favorite Cohen song has been "Suzanne," we might have to change our favorites to a Marianne-related song instead.  What a lovely woman (as opposed to Suzanne who seemed like a bee-yatch).
This sounds awesome. One of the few singer/songwriters I actually can relate to, Leonard Cohen is something else. 

MOOD - slap it the #### up on here, why don'tcha ... or did i miss this one?  if i did it was prolly the album version, not this much better take/demo. 

:wub:

punk before the fashion vics and left wing loons hijacked, sludgey grunge stylings that absolutely gave Mark Arm major wood ... this #### can only be classified as quantum - come at ya lifer, y'all 

I’d love to hear your thoughts when you see it, especially about the parts of him to which you relate.
Thanks. I'll try and check it out. I can say right away that his songwriting is cerebral yet direct and for some reason strikes me as just very appealing. He'll sing about women without being a troubadour, he'll convey love, anger, loss, religiosity -- all of the grand things -- without grandiosity. He's just such a "good" writer that his soul comes through with clarity rather than ambiguity. He's basically a thoughtful gentleman, for lack of a better phrase. Soul of an writer, really. And a nice baritone to boot. 

Horrible.  Didn't Binky already ask about them?  Or was that 38 Special?
just saw this (I am going back through the list to send some songs for consideration) - I would not have The Fabuloous Thunderbirds included in anything I would suggest.  

Without going back through, I think I suggested 38 Special as representing the Southern Ohio genre.  

Working on a list for your perusal.  I'm workin' here!

I’d love to hear your thoughts when you see it, especially about the parts of him to which you relate.
Whoa, so I'm halfway through Marianne and Leonard: Words Of Love, and I'm a little shocked by the libertinism that ran through Leonard Cohen's life. He struck me as much more morose and introspective. I didn't realize he was as much of a Lothario as he was.

I can certainly say I really don't relate to that personal aspect of him. I'm not really that way, nor do I find solace in it. Just the way I'm wired. That said, I can't believe he is able to pen such songs about love while keeping that sort of distance from his muse(s). I'll write more when I finish it, but color me very surprised about that aspect of him for some reason. Perhaps I'm a poor listener or really not astute since I'm just a fan that takes a cursory interest, but I figured he was more religious/spiritual than a new-agey sort of existentialist loverboy.

Huh. I'll have to watch the end. 

Prefer Wang Dang Doodle, although I know she's not the original artist.
Damn good song - Koko's version is great, but my fav is this all-star lineup with Howlin' Wolf.

The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions:

The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions is an album by blues musician Howlin' Wolf released in 1971 on Chess Records, and on Rolling Stones Records in Britain.[3] It was one of the first super session blues albums, setting a blues master among famous musicians from the second generation of rock and roll, in this case Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Charlie Watts, and Bill Wyman. It peaked at #79 on the Billboard 200.

i could not even sit down and list ten thousand songs right now in less than ten minutes take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread