What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the supporting cast and the focus on him he disappeared? I noticed that too. Good game to remember when people try to put him on LBJ level. 
I agree.  Curry still needs to lose four more finals before being on the same bad level as LBJ

Without the supporting cast and the focus on him he disappeared? I noticed that too. Good game to remember when people try to put him on LBJ level. 
Toronto sold out to stop him. It was a smart thing to do. They rightly were happy to live with Iguodala and Green shooting 3's, or rotating back down to Cousins or Looney down low.

But if you're getting trapped, there's not a whole lot you can do, other than get the ball out quickly and force a 4-on-3. That's basketball. :shrug:

Looking ahead, here are the 2020 odds to win the Finals:

Check out the list of odds for the 2020 Finals below:

Warriors: +350

Lakers: 5-1

Bucks: 6-1

Clippers: 8-1

Raptors: 10-1

Celtics: 10-1

Rockets: 12-1

76ers: 12-1

Knicks: 20-1

Nuggets: 20-1

Thunder: 25-1

Nets: 30-1

Jazz: 30-1

Trail Blazers: 30-1

Mavericks: 50-1

Spurs: 50-1

Pelicans: 60-1

Pacers: 100-1

Magic: 100-1

Hawks: 100-1

Bulls: 100-1

Kings: 100-1

Grizzlies: 100-1

Pistons: 300-1

Hornets: 300-1

Heat: 300-1

Wizards: 300-1

Cavaliers: 300-1

Timberwolves: 300-1

Suns: 300-1

Had to laugh pretty hard, Lakers being the 2nd favorite up there. Good times.

and sorry @Frostillicus, Vegas doesn't have much faith it seems

lmaaaaaaoooooo

Sixers are the best bet at those odds. They need them to snare some FA's, but at least they have that luxury. Raps could be right back in it if Kawhi comes back, but they're toast if he doesn't, and it seems like the tea leaves are pointing at the Clips. The Rockets and Warriors both have run out of time, IMO, and are going down the other side of the mountain. Assuming Klay's fine, they re-sign him and bring back this same team more or less, w/o Durant, I don't think that's enough to get it done.

Nuggets are also interesting. Feels pretty wide-open tbh.

So until the all star break next year, the Warriors will be running out Curry, Green, regular season Iggy and a collection of scrubs?  Maybe the Cousins market will be depressed and he sticks around. 

Better update those

What a devastating series for GS.  Klay out 9 months now.  Brutal.
Three in the cap era, and against James, is pretty good. They were brutally unlucky during this series, but if Shump hits that shot in G1, the Cavs go up 1-0, and Kyrie doesn't get hurt in OT, that series easily could've gone the other way. If there was no cap spike off GS losing to Cleveland, they couldn't have made Durant work.

It's pretty clear what has to happen now: Re-sign Klay, re-sign KD, have Steph get "injured" next year, tank like hell, get #1 draft pick = :moneybag:

Better update those
They aren't two-way odds. If you can't bet the Warriors to NOT win the NBA Title next year, you'd only lower them to incur further action. Futures bets are fun, but typically aren't a great idea in the first place, as you're tying up your money for a long-### time, and the juice is usually prohibitive. Books very rarely take a major bath on futures, unless it's something like Leicester.

Three in the cap era, and against James, is pretty good. They were brutally unlucky during this series, but if Shump hits that shot in G1, the Cavs go up 1-0, and Kyrie doesn't get hurt in OT, that series easily could've gone the other way. If there was no cap spike off GS losing to Cleveland, they couldn't have made Durant work.

It's pretty clear what has to happen now: Re-sign Klay, re-sign KD, have Steph get "injured" next year, tank like hell, get #1 draft pick = :moneybag:

I know you're being facetious, but ya no way that team even without those 3 gets the top pick.

I thought Klay was a gimme to stay but now is it?  I think the above scenario could actually work well for a team like the Knicks to sign Klay and KD now.

They aren't two-way odds. If you can't bet the Warriors to NOT win the NBA Title next year, you'd only lower them to incur further action. Futures bets are fun, but typically aren't a great idea in the first place, as you're tying up your money for a long-### time, and the juice is usually prohibitive. Books very rarely take a major bath on futures, unless it's something like Leicester.
No i know, I'm just saying that in the last 5 minutes GS's odds probably just dropped.

I know you're being facetious, but ya no way that team even without those 3 gets the top pick.

I thought Klay was a gimme to stay but now is it?  I think the above scenario could actually work well for a team like the Knicks to sign Klay and KD now.
I think Thompson's back if they offer the max. Maybe they don't need to offer the max now. Durant was supposedly going to team up with Irving, but who knows with his injury.

They won't get a #1 pick next year, no, but I think their best option is to keep the band together and just hope for the best come 2020-2021.

I think Thompson's back if they offer the max. Maybe they don't need to offer the max now. Durant was supposedly going to team up with Irving, but who knows with his injury.

They won't get a #1 pick next year, no, but I think their best option is to keep the band together and just hope for the best come 2020-2021.
Ya, hitting the reset button is so hard in this league.  Their best option is definitely to keep those guys but not sure it's gonna happen.  Seems like this might be the end of the line for them.

Kawhi is great to watch and horrible to listen to.  U could stare at tree and get more excited.

Vanvleet and lowrie were just stone cold tonight. Siakim clinched it. Total team effort at the end. 

Feel bad for gs losing two of your top three for the series and for most of next year. Don't recall that ever happening before in the finals. Real bad luck

Kawhi is great to watch and horrible to listen to.  U could stare at tree and get more excited.

Vanvleet and lowrie were just stone cold tonight. Siakim clinched it. Total team effort at the end. 

Feel bad for gs losing two of your top three for the series and for most of next year. Don't recall that ever happening before in the finals. Real bad luck
Cavs with no Kyrie and Love against the Warriors a few years ago. 

Fellas, fellas, Mom loves you both the same. 

My two cents from somebody who follows casually: You can't put Steph on LBJ's level, but Steph is an incredible player, an incredible presence and team leader and shooter. He's MVP and top five or ten for a reason.

But LeBron is The King. Nobody compares to him. He's top ten all-time.
:goodposting:

Was interesting getting to see what Curry had getting the same defensive treatment LBJ has had to live with for years. 

Congrats to Toronto. Glad I don't have to see that stupid mouthpiece for a while. What a clown. 

And I'm amazed by how much I loved Green at MSU and how I simply cannot stand him at this point. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread