What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a team that was given about a 1% chance to win the series, Clippers have sure been a tough out.  Warriors need to close this one out Wednesday 

Bummed I couldn't stay up past halftime of the Jazz-Houston game last night.  Those are some very nice uniforms for the Jazz

They need to use review on it. They can't always tell live  
I got no issue stopping games for it though. It helps clean up the game and guys aren't getting away with getting FT's on a cheap foul or being called for a cheap foul that should be a punishment on the other player. 

Don't need more replay in the NBA, but that garbage should get him a one-game suspension post-game. That'd put an end to it.
I think 10 games or more would stop it but then again The NHL was going to start penalizing players for diving and it's never been enforced well. 

Flopping is bad, but I have more of a problem with the whining to officials that is allowed.
I say T them up for it too. I have no problem arguing with officials when you get molested at the rim on one end and no call and you bairly touch the guy at the other and he gets to shoot Free throws. I say let the ref have it on those calls. I do hate the whining at officials when you were barely touched wanting a foul. 

I say T them up for it too. I have no problem arguing with officials when you get molested at the rim on one end and no call and you bairly touch the guy at the other and he gets to shoot Free throws. I say let the ref have it on those calls. I do hate the whining at officials when you were barely touched wanting a foul. 
No excuse ever.  I can't tell you the number of times when I've had players or coaches argue and they were dead 100% wrong. It happens in NBA games all the time. They lose their minds when they clearly fouled the guy but for some reason they don't think they did. It's ridiculous and has to stop. They are wrong more than they're right when they complain. And the antics just get worse and worse during the playoffs. I hate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This team, man. You just keep investing time and energy into them for years. You finally get rewarded with a surprise playoff appearance. Then they really suck you in by winning game 1. You can almost feel the Kings of the league finally regaining their rightful place at the top of the throne. 

Then, this team. This ####### team. You blow off your Aunt Linda and her subpar Ham to watch this team. You are literally letting this team affect your personal life. And what does this team do? How does this team repay your loyalty? By purposely losing and setting up one of the greatest comeback stories of our time. 

Team is playing chess out there while the raptors are playing basketball. It's almost unfair.

Just like our sweet sweet Lord, we too will rise from the grave. Go Magic!

This team, man. You just keep investing time and energy into them for years. You finally get rewarded with a surprise playoff appearance. Then they really suck you in by winning game 1. You can almost feel the Kings of the league finally regaining their rightful place at the top of the throne. 

Then, this team. This ####### team. You blow off your Aunt Linda and her subpar Ham to watch this team. You are literally letting this team affect your personal life. And what does this team do? How does this team repay your loyalty? By purposely losing and setting up one of the greatest comeback stories of our time. 

Team is playing chess out there while the raptors are playing basketball. It's almost unfair.

Just like our sweet sweet Lord, we too will rise from the grave. Go Magic!
well, good news is they are mostly young and they have their draft picks. should only get better. i'm still a Mo Bamba believer

No excuse ever.  I can't tell you the number of times when I've had players or coaches argue and they were dead 100% wrong. It happens in NBA games all the time. They lose their minds when they clearly fouled the guy but for some reason they don't think they did. It's ridiculous and has to stop. They are wrong more than they're right when they complain. And the antics just get worse and worse during the playoffs. I hate it.
I don't think they consciously do it most of the time.  It's just kind of a reflex.

I agree and hate the constant whining at officials while realizing the team I root for is probably the #1 offender. I think they've done a superb job at attracting and developing otherwise quality people (after decades of overpaying other teams' castoffs), but the overdramatic theatrics is such a turn-off and it's gotten worse and worse with their success, like they're entitled to special treatment or something. Draymond is my favorite player but his constant b*tching drives me nuts.

I do think the refs allow Curry to get pushed around and held more than they should (especially during the playoffs), but he should leave it up to Kerr instead of becoming a whiner himself. To your last point, I have to think that when players complain about every call that goes against them, no matter how obvious, when they actually do have a legitimate beef the refs just ignore them because of their constant crying wolf. I know I would.
Refs use to let D-Rose get molested then call a foul on Butler for essentially breathing too hard on Lebron. There's a lot of inconsistency of what they let go and for who and when and when not to blow a whistle. I know they want the stars to succeed but in the NBA one missed call can change a game or season for a team. 

I wish I got to see Lillard play more. The dude is amazing.  Portland just doesn't seem to get the TV time. 
Same.  I didn't give Portland much of a chance without Nurkic but I think I overvalued Westbrook.  While Westbrook gets the headlines, Lillard just handles his business without using injuries as an excuse.  And some of these shots he's making are just cold.  Should get more MVP consideration. 

The top four teams in the East are going to make for 3 good series. We also get to have Golden State versus Houston this round. My wife is going to kill me for how much basketball I'm going to watch over the next two weeks.

LV SuperBook has these series prices:

Bucks -250 (68.2%) Celtics 200

Raptors -220 (65.8%) 76ers 180

Warriors -360 (74.8%) Rockets 280

That GS/Hou price surprises me

https://twitter.com/DrewShiller/status/1120079904333107200

I wish I could find a better quality clip, but you could literally see Bogut's eyes and head movement lead Iguodala to the paint.  He recognizes Williams has his back turned and makes a perfect pass to the FT line.
I didn't try to look at the clip, but I know the play you're talking about. I was shocked that Iguodala was so explosive on that play. He looked like a young young man there.

I feel like that Golden State price is pretty accurate. Based on all the data we have over the full season and last year, I would give Golden State about a 75% chance of winning that one.

Also, I expect the Celtics to lose in six games to the Bucks. If they take it to 7 I'll be a ecstatic. If they somehow miraculously win it, I'm getting a Brad Stevens tattoo.

One more game and then I get to be a Sixers fan
hey moe what is the general feeling in okc for westbrook he just strikes me as a laroosh i mean its not the same but kinda sorta i feel like hes your ryan braun yeah he is a good player and yeah he helps your team but its hard to love him because he is a total jagalope so whats the story in the okc take that to the bank brohan 

hey moe what is the general feeling in okc for westbrook he just strikes me as a laroosh i mean its not the same but kinda sorta i feel like hes your ryan braun yeah he is a good player and yeah he helps your team but its hard to love him because he is a total jagalope so whats the story in the okc take that to the bank brohan 
His on-court persona is pretty rough, for me at least. I think his laroosh-ness is limited to the basketball court though. He seems to be a great person in general. I get the comparison but I don't think he's Ryan Braun - Yeli more like it. Literally every day in OKC is Russell Westbrook Day - https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/look-okc-mayor-declares-every-single-day-is-now-russell-westbrook-day/. He will always be beloved by the majority of fans even if he never gets out of the first round without Durant.  

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
That said I do think some fans are starting to turn on him as a player, if that makes sense - and I will include myself in that as I have defended him time and time again on this board. He seems to have completely lost his mid-range shot (including free throws) and the ability to finish difficult shots at the rim. He needs to do some soul-searching this summer - I would like to see him commit to being an elite defender. I don't care if he has to dial it back on offense a little bit. They have no real way to add anyone, so the only way the team will get better is if guys like Ferguson and Grant improve, and if he takes a new approach. Or if Roberson miraculously gets healthy and also learns how to shoot. I don't know if Billy Donovan is a good coach or not but I think they have to get someone else, and that person needs to hold him accountable. What's he gonna do, leave? They couldn't trade him if they wanted to. 

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
That said I do think some fans are starting to turn on him as a player, if that makes sense - and I will include myself in that as I have defended him time and time again on this board. He seems to have completely lost his mid-range shot (including free throws) and the ability to finish difficult shots at the rim. He needs to do some soul-searching this summer - I would like to see him commit to being an elite defender. I don't care if he has to dial it back on offense a little bit. They have no real way to add anyone, so the only way the team will get better is if guys like Ferguson and Grant improve, and if he takes a new approach. Or if Roberson miraculously gets healthy and also learns how to shoot. I don't know if Billy Donovan is a good coach or not but I think they have to get someone else, and that person needs to hold him accountable. What's he gonna do, leave? They couldn't trade him if they wanted to. 
Reminds me a bit of Melo and the Knicks.  Definitely more talented but a cancer if your goal is championships.  

Reminds me a bit of Melo and the Knicks.  Definitely more talented but a cancer if your goal is championships.  
I get that, but he did make it to the finals earlier in his career. He can definitely be part of a winning team, maybe not the focal point on offense though. The reality is there are few players on the planet that you can build a championship team around. Unless you have one of the truly elite it needs to be a 2004 Pistons type of deal. When the Thunder looked like the 2nd/3rd best team in the West earlier this year it was when George was killing people on offense. He's clearly not 100% now, and they just have nothing else. Every team in the NBA needs more shooting, but the Thunder really need more shooting. 

bananafish said:
I agree and hate the constant whining at officials
Agree 100%.  The NBA needs to find a solution, or at least attempt to take it from an 11 back to a 7.

whilerealizing the team I root for is probably the #1 offender. 
It's the Rockets by a mile.  Lob City had the title with Chris Paul and he's brought that level of commitment with him to Houston. Hardin has taken the torch from him and is now the NBA leader.

Insert Nick Nurse gif face here.

Jayrod said:
The top four teams in the East are going to make for 3 good series. We also get to have Golden State versus Houston this round. My wife is going to kill me for how much basketball I'm going to watch over the next two weeks.
Which series won't be good?  I think a Port vs Den/SA series would be pretty close and fun to watch too if that's the one you're excluding.

Major said:
SWC said:
i really like that sunrise jersey as well it actually looks like utah looks and that my friends is pretty cool take that to the bank brohans
Now if only they could ditch the old New Orleans name and find a moniker to fit the state.  
i like that groovus who i believe is a lakers fan liked this take that to the black fly in your chardonay bank bromigos 

i like that groovus who i believe is a lakers fan liked this take that to the black fly in your chardonay bank bromigos 
It's true. We have no lakes in Los Angeles. But the Timberwolves is an improvement anyway - what the #### is a Laker?

It's true. We have no lakes in Los Angeles. But the Timberwolves is an improvement anyway - what the #### is a Laker?
neither one is even in the same league as the toronto shorts eatin raptors take that to the bank bromigos 

Moe. said:
I get that, but he did make it to the finals earlier in his career. He can definitely be part of a winning team, maybe not the focal point on offense though. The reality is there are few players on the planet that you can build a championship team around. Unless you have one of the truly elite it needs to be a 2004 Pistons type of deal. When the Thunder looked like the 2nd/3rd best team in the West earlier this year it was when George was killing people on offense. He's clearly not 100% now, and they just have nothing else. Every team in the NBA needs more shooting, but the Thunder really need more shooting. 
I'm gonna try not to say this in a bad way but I think if Durant had a more selfless player with him in those yrs OKC wins. Someone not in Westbrooks playing style. It was so frustrating seeing a wide open KD and Russ throwing up a brick and killing momentum. I can see why KD left though. Yes he went to GS but you got to drop egos in GS to even be successful. Would Russ ever drop part of his persona and all for GS and success of the team? I think Russ is a great player granted overrated as well because like AI both great players but if your objective is to win titles they aren't the guys you want leading the team. I hope that all makes sense. 

Giannis already has a full top 10 plays list tonight (with half the 3rd and 4th yet to play).  With a few decent plays on the cutting room floor to boot.

it has been really fun watching the ole anteaternindendo grow up i had my hips done a few years back and was in a hospital bed in my front room and my old man who can barely even walk would come over just to keep me sane and make sure i took my meds right and all that and anteater was a rook and he would take some shots that all we could do is laugh granted i was high as a kite on hydroeverything but man it was hilarous and now bam hes one of the best take that to the bank brochachos

Detroit fought hard for a half and then realized it's not worth getting on a plane again to lose by 30.

Respect Griffin though... could barely move but still trying to fight out there.
I think when gambling it’s important to remember how little some of these guys begin to care when down huge in a series when they aren’t really getting paid their normal rate for this/they don’t want to get hurt/whores and vacation time! 

I think when gambling it’s important to remember how little some of these guys begin to care when down huge in a series when they aren’t really getting paid their normal rate for this/they don’t want to get hurt/whores and vacation time! 
1, 2, 3 Cancun!

it has been really fun watching the ole anteaternindendo grow up i had my hips done a few years back and was in a hospital bed in my front room and my old man who can barely even walk would come over just to keep me sane and make sure i took my meds right and all that and anteater was a rook and he would take some shots that all we could do is laugh granted i was high as a kite on hydroeverything but man it was hilarous and now bam hes one of the best take that to the bank brochachos
He has been awesome to watch develop. He's my favorite Bucks player since Michael Redd. It's great to see him play for a much better team and get the type of national exposure that Redd never got.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread