Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

He has been awesome to watch develop. He's my favorite Bucks player since Michael Redd. It's great to see him play for a much better team and get the type of national exposure that Redd never got.  

Aren't they a much better team because of Giannis? :confused:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tjnc09 said:
8 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

He has been awesome to watch develop. He's my favorite Bucks player since Michael Redd. It's great to see him play for a much better team and get the type of national exposure that Redd never got.  

Aren't they a much better team because of Giannis? :confused:

when he started out they were running him with much weaker teammates ala jeryd bayless john henson oj mayo jabrari ouch my knee parker  michael crapper williams or complete headcases like larry i just like fighting at nightclubs sanders then there was the greg monroe experience and hey who can forget matt delervadova cashing in and of course tron master so yeah the team now is just a lot better with more solid players who get the job done when anteater drives and passes and who can hit open shots when he draws double teams also i just love lopez that guy is all right in my opinion take that to the bank bromigos 

Edited by SWC
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, SWC said:

when he started out they were running him with much weaker teammates ala jeryd bayless john henson oj mayo jabrari ouch my knee parker  michael crapper williams or complete headcases like larry i just like fighting at nightclubs sanders then there was the greg monroe experience and hey who can forget matt delervadova cashing in and of course tron master so yeah the team now is just a lot better with more solid players who get the job done when anteater drives and passes and who can hit open shots when he draws double teams also i just love lopez that guy is all right in my opinion take that to the bank bromigos 

I am so torn over the C's/Bucks series.  My heart is with Brad, but I really have enjoyed the Bucks maturation this year.  I want to see the best team in the Finals and I believe that is Milwuakee.  I just wish the Celtics had been on the other side of the bracket so they could knock off the Sixers or Raptors before having to face Giannis.  I'd love for Boston to win it, but hate to see it lead to another Golden State championship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To help me move forward with this process, here is my ranking of (likely) remaining teams for rooting interests:

  1. Boston - duh
  2. Milwaukee - Giannis is my hero
  3. San Antonio - I just love Pop
  4. Portland - I really, really like CJ and Dame is great.  Wish Nurk was still alive to see this.
  5. Toronto - KL was my favorite player prior to Giannis' emergence and Nick Nurse is growing on me
  6. Denver - Big fan of Jokic's game, but Murray irks me a bit with his heroballism
  7. Philly - Simmons is a punk, Butler is insane and Embiid is immature.  Also they are the sworn enemy of the Celtics.
  8. Houston - Only want to see them beat GSW.  After that, they can take the flopmeister and hit the road.
  9. Golden State - the darlings of the NBA have become the whiny #####es.  If I see one more Warriors temper tantrum after getting called for what was clearly a foul and no T is called, I'm throwing my shoe through the TV.  The refs need to grow some balls and rein these primadonnas in.  I hope like heck that someone plays out of their mind and sends them home without a trophy.  Then they can try and sort out their myriad of contract negotiations under a cloud of failure.  Any of the teams above can do the honors, I'm not picky at this point.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Capella said:

I think when gambling it’s important to remember how little some of these guys begin to care when down huge in a series when they aren’t really getting paid their normal rate for this/they don’t want to get hurt/whores and vacation time! 

There must not be an abundance of easy women in Utah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

To help me move forward with this process, here is my ranking of (likely) remaining teams for rooting interests:

  1.  
  2. Philly - Simmons is a punk,

minor bone to pick here, but no way you can say Simmons is a punk, and have Boston as your #1 team. You have Jalyen Brown acting like he is sweeping the court against Indiana and a handful of other things just this series. Just add a disclaimer that it is ok for Brown to do and should be ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, modogg said:

minor bone to pick here, but no way you can say Simmons is a punk, and have Boston as your #1 team. You have Jalyen Brown acting like he is sweeping the court against Indiana and a handful of other things just this series. Just add a disclaimer that it is ok for Brown to do and should be ok

I am a Celtics fan.  I don't have to be rational in my support of them nor in my hatred of their rivals.  It just is.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Insein said:

This is a ridiculous start to the Sixers Nets game. 14-0 with 6:40 left in the first. Nets may forfeit.

I turned it on when it was 25-6. Refs trying to make the game close for the national audience but that can’t even help. As long as they don’t give Embiid another flagrant should be all good. Let the big guy get some rest 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Earn 45% interest on my money in 2 weeks or less when the Raptors cruise into the EC Finals = Free Money

well, your post suggests that the line should be much higher than -220, thus why you called it free money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ehh, Sixers can afford to lose Greg Monroe for a game if they have to

ETA: it is funny NBA has collected $122,00 worth of fines off of this series. would love to know the reality of where that money actually goes

Edited by modogg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2019 at 2:59 PM, modogg said:

i wonder what he is looking for this off-season. It is crazy how much the majority of the players on the team say how much they hated playing this year, do you think he will re-sign? I could see them approach like they did Smart last year, but this just feels totally different with so many players being vocal how unhappy this season has been for them. Sixers have an intereting off-season ahead of them, but Boston seems to be almost the same. 

Lol this a week late but as both our teams head into round 2 I hope we don't overspend on him. He's a dude you love to have on your team as an emotional leader, and he actually has more of a clutch gene than many realize, but I'm not sure if we desperately need him with how deep the team is.

With his contract, the plan has to be to get Gordon back in the starting lineup at some point. He can hold his own at the 4, obviously. I'm not sure how far off he is from consistent minutes, but you'd think the team would like to get Robert Williams in the fold more sometime soon.

The hardest part of figuring it all out where everyone fits, and why I think so many had a bad time this year is the uncertainty around Kyrie still and the AD trade situation. If he leaves then we have a team led by Hayward, Horford, and Tatum. That's good for maybe a 5 or 6 seed and the East becomes a 2 (maybe 3 with TOR) horse race for the foreseeable future.

Edited by ShamrockPride
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...