What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee LMA says he was so locked in mentally to get a defensive stop he didn't think about the score/time 🤷‍♂️

Probably doesn't matter anyways.  This isn't like college basketball where players aren't great FT shooters.

Denver still doesn't impress me.  Portland might able to get the upset.

Probably doesn't matter anyways.  This isn't like college basketball where players aren't great FT shooters.

Denver still doesn't impress me.  Portland might able to get the upset.
They very well may, but this playoff thing is a whole new world for the Nuggets. I am glad it is a quick turnaround so they don't lose any edge they may have. Maybe it is the 8 beers, but if Houston takes an injured GS out, there is a shot (albeit small) the Nugs could find themselves in an NBA final.  

My wife and I were dying over the press-conference with Pops--those reporters were terrified to ask him a question.

Not sure I'll ever understand what the Spurs were doing (or not doing) there.  So weird.  

Nuggets will cake walk over Portland in 5. Terrible match-up for them.  What did Portland get for Will Barton? A Plumlee and some raisins? 

Not sure I'll ever understand what the Spurs were doing (or not doing) there.  So weird.  

Nuggets will cake walk over Portland in 5. Terrible match-up for them.  What did Portland get for Will Barton? A Plumlee and some raisins? 
I think Pops was yelling at his team to either foul or to at least double the ball--but his players were not hearing him.  When derozan got the final board--the entire Spurs team that was on the court seemed very surprised that the game had basically expired.  Seems like the Spurs players were not following or aware of the clock at all.  Needless to say--there is no excuse for that. 

I don't know about your cake walk over Portland in 5 prediction.  I still haven't done my full analysis on that series--but Denver has vastly disappointed me and has underperformed so far in the playoffs.   Call a spade a spade--the Spurs did not play well at all tonight--and they could have easily won tonight's game (and the series).  Denver was fortuitous to move on against a team they should have beaten in a far easier fashion.   Nothing Denver has done so far in the playoffs leads me to believe that they "should" just walk all over Portland.   I'm not saying that Denver will or won't win the series- (as I still need to analyze)---but I do think it will be a hard fought series regardless of who the victor is.  

I think Pops was yelling at his team to either foul or to at least double the ball--but his players were not hearing him.  When derozan got the final board--the entire Spurs team that was on the court seemed very surprised that the game had basically expired.  Seems like the Spurs players were not following or aware of the clock at all.  Needless to say--there is no excuse for that. 

I don't know about your cake walk over Portland in 5 prediction.  I still haven't done my full analysis on that series--but Denver has vastly disappointed me and has underperformed so far in the playoffs.   Call a spade a spade--the Spurs did not play well at all tonight--and they could have easily won tonight's game (and the series).  Denver was fortuitous to move on against a team they should have beaten in a far easier fashion.   Nothing Denver has done so far in the playoffs leads me to believe that they "should" just walk all over Portland.   I'm not saying that Denver will or won't win the series- (as I still need to analyze)---but I do think it will be a hard fought series regardless of who the victor is.  
Going for the reverse jinx, guy. 

No excuse for the Spurs.  No court awareness for a veteran on the floor?  Cmon....just dumb. 

Shocked to see the Denver talk about easy next round, possible conference final. They just had trouble getting past one of the lowest seeds and worst road teams out there. What did people see that makes them think Denver has any legitimate shot at moving on? I feel like I'm missing something.

Shocked to see the Denver talk about easy next round, possible conference final. They just had trouble getting past one of the lowest seeds and worst road teams out there. What did people see that makes them think Denver has any legitimate shot at moving on? I feel like I'm missing something.
I just don't know what Portland has in the middle to contain Joker.  Kanter has a bad shoulder and defense was never his calling card.  Collins and Leonard?  Cmon....

I think Denver wins this but I'll be rooting my balls off for the Blazers. 

There are lots of reasons to expect the Nuggets to win the series.

The Blazers don't have a starting center, and even if Kanter was healthy, they have nobody to guard Jokic.

The Nuggets were 3-0 against the Blazers in games that they didn't bench the whole starting lineup. 

Gary Harris is finally healthy and played great defense in the Spurs series once they pulled Barton from the starting lineup 

The Nuggets are the best home team in the NBA and they have the home court advantage. 

The Blazers have a weak front court that will be taken advantage of.

Malone finally benched Barton who was probably the worst player in the first round of any series.

Yeah, I wouldn't underestimate Lillard.  That guy can single handedly beat Denver.  Wishing Nurk was healthy to give them size but I still think this series can go either way.  

If Kyrie keeps dropping these fades at a consistent rate this series is over. Just nasty.
Sixers screwed up the whole playoffs taking the 3rd seen instead of the 4th. Getting to see Embiid-gianis this round would have been a treat, plus a great test of Boston-Toronto. Pretty sure who would win between them would have beat the Sixers, but missed opportunify

Now this is freaking basketball fellows. Two really good teams playing good basketball. So fun to watch.

And I am not biased at all.

Tatum needs to stop it with the wannabe Kobe act. Just square up and take a damn shot. Not every shot needs to be in motion.

It's cute when we're up like this but it's gonna send us to the gutter when we're trying to come back from a deficit.

If the rest of the team keeps playing like this it doesn't matter what Tatum does. This version of the Celtics can give Golden State a run for their money. That's what everybody thought they were going to be getting all season.

Milwaukee just seems lost out there right now. On both ends of the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the rest of the team keeps playing like this it doesn't matter what Tatum does. This version of the Celtics can give Golden State a run for their money. That's what everybody thought they were going to be getting all season.

Milwaukee just seems lost out there right now. On both ends of the floor.
Slow down there speed racer.  It's one game

Slow down there speed racer.  It's one game
Actually it's not. It's the culmination of a 4 to 5 year process. This is the team that they've built and this is how they were supposed to play. They've shown flashes of it throughout the season, and have now won five straight games in the playoffs.  And just embarrassed the top East team on their home floor in game one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it's not. It's the culmination of a 4 to 5 year process. This is the team that they've built and this is how they were supposed to play. They've shown flashes of it throughout the season, and have now won five straight games in the playoffs.  And just embarrassed the top East team on their home floor in game one.
🤣 accuracy is not a strength here. Any of the other 3 teams in the 2nd round probably would have beat this Milwaukee team. Gianis has a bright future but to act like he can will his team through the playoffs at this stage was premature to say the least. Boston just got lucky they got them in the 2nd round. 

🤣 accuracy is not a strength here. Any of the other 3 teams in the 2nd round probably would have beat this Milwaukee team. Gianis has a bright future but to act like he can will his team through the playoffs at this stage was premature to say the least. Boston just got lucky they got them in the 2nd round. 
:lmao:  You are a caricature at this point.

The real question is has Philly actually wasted all of that work put into the process? Is the experiment over and a failure? That's a bigger question than if the Celtics are going to roll their way into the finals or not.

:lmao:  You are a caricature at this point.

The real question is has Philly actually wasted all of that work put into the process? Is the experiment over and a failure? That's a bigger question than if the Celtics are going to roll their way into the finals or not.
huh?  Where do you think they'd be if they hadn't done this experiment?  Likely not in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  Not sure how anyone not trolling could call it a 'failure'.

Before the inevitable "Harden should be MVP over Giannis who chokes in the playoffs" posts start coming in, a friendly reminder that the voting is already complete.

I'll go with Modogg here. Celtics are lucky they get to avoid Philly until ECF. It's great that Boston seems to have flipped the switch for the playoffs. But C's just don't match up well with Philly, especially one with a healthy Embiid. Honestly Philly is the only team in the East I worry about. Worst case scenario is for Toronto to find a way to choke this series with a hardly functional Embiid.

I think the longest a Celtics series lasts against the Bucks or Raptors is 6 games. Those teams just don't have a game changer outside of Giannis or Kawhi.

I'll go out on a limb here and say Warriors in 6. Will be really hard to match last year's series. And I think KD is laser focused to get this 3rd title, match Bron, and get out, seemingly out of GS (for what reason I still don't understand). But it seems like he wants to leave.

huh?  Where do you think they'd be if they hadn't done this experiment?  Likely not in the 2nd round of the playoffs.  Not sure how anyone not trolling could call it a 'failure'.
If the Sixers lose this round, would you consider their season a failure?

If they lose this round, how can they realistically significantly improve their team in the offseason? It’s going to be hard to keep it together.

I am not a superfan, but I am a loyal fan.

For perspective, I've never lived in Detroit yet have remained a Lions fan for 32 years.

I have been a Spurs fan for the same amount of time, but I swear I can't find a #### to give about this team right now.  It is weird how Aldridge and DeRozen were able to suck my will to care away within a season.  

If the Sixers lose this round, would you consider their season a failure?

If they lose this round, how can they realistically significantly improve their team in the offseason? It’s going to be hard to keep it together.
If the heavily favoured 2 seed beats the underdog 3 seed then the season is a failure?  Ok. 

Even if your 2nd paragraph is all true, do you honestly believe they'd beat Toronto and be in the west finals if they hadn't "tanked" and just drafted from spot 10 for years?  

I am not a superfan, but I am a loyal fan.

For perspective, I've never lived in Detroit yet have remained a Lions fan for 32 years.

I have been a Spurs fan for the same amount of time, but I swear I can't find a #### to give about this team right now.  It is weird how Aldridge and DeRozen were able to suck my will to care away within a season.  
Pacquiao/Thurman this summer (reportedly) fyi.

A culmination of 4 or 5 years with no finals appearances and they still need seven wins to try to compete against the Warriors

The Pacers were probably the worst team in the playoffs.  Congrats on the sweep I suppose.

Giannis is terrible.
turned it on in time to see three guys fall in the lane, ball gets whipped out to Giannis at the 3-pt line and without hesitation he charged straight in to the dogpile trying to attack the rim... only to get stripped. not sure why he thought he could launch from the elbow, leap over 3 bodies & flush it but here we are.

he didn't even pause a nanosecond to consider the three. it was like some innate instinct took over.

one track mind is one track.

If the heavily favoured 2 seed beats the underdog 3 seed then the season is a failure?  Ok. 

Even if your 2nd paragraph is all true, do you honestly believe they'd beat Toronto and be in the west finals if they hadn't "tanked" and just drafted from spot 10 for years?  
I think the Butler and Harris trades put them in win now mode.  That means more should be expected than a second round exit.

I have no idea what their team would be like if they wouldn’t have done the massive tanking. It’s impossible to know.  However, if all that suffering leads only to this slightly above average Eastern Conference playoff team, that’s a disappointment.  They’ll be in a lot turmoil after this series and could very well break up. They can try a quick rebuild but they can’t count on many seasons with Embiid healthy. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread