What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Butler and Harris trades put them in win now mode.  That means more should be expected than a second round exit.

I have no idea what their team would be like if they wouldn’t have done the massive tanking. It’s impossible to know.  However, if all that suffering leads only to this slightly above average Eastern Conference playoff team, that’s a disappointment.  They’ll be in a lot turmoil after this series and could very well break up. They can try a quick rebuild but they can’t count on many seasons with Embiid healthy. 
This seems like quite the trolling post. I'm assuming you're a fan of a rival?  

But no, we are not supposed to beat Toronto even with those 2 players. When people call an underdog "choking" or "a disappointment" when they don't win a series they're not supposed to, it's ridiculous.  

And sure, play the "not sure where they'd be otherwise" side of things but there's a very very very low chance we'd be in the finals had we not done what we'd done. 

But no, we are not supposed to beat Toronto even with those 2 players. When people call an underdog "choking" or "a disappointment" when they don't win a series they're not supposed to, it's ridiculous.  

And sure, play the "not sure where they'd be otherwise" side of things but there's a very very very low chance we'd be in the finals had we not done what we'd done. 
After trading for Harris:

“We are in the unique position to contend now and we think this trade positions us well for the postseason,” 76ers GM Elton Brand said in a statement Wednesday. 

Contending isn’t losing in the second round.

I have never known jux to be a troll and his team (I think) isn’t really a rival of anyone for several years now...

It feels like the Rockets should be down at least 10 after the poor shooting then I looked at all the GS turnovers.  Wow

Coaching is simply failing me as a b-ball fan, even though i'm pretty sure that most of it is players not listening to coaches. Simmons/Embiid dont have a 2man game after 3 yrs together, Freak don't know where to go w the ball when he gets checked. I know he & Mirotic don't have a lot of minutes together but theyre not even  on the floor at the same time and Giannis got no look for him when they are. And Mirotic OWWWWNs the Celtics. Speaking of which, even Stevens failed to make the Bucks pay defensively for Mirotic's time, esp w two other slows on the floor w him. And i didn't see a play in the first half of Hou/GS and you dont halfcourt the ball w 4secs left in a tied playoff game w Harden/Paul/Gordon on your team?!

I have never known jux to be a troll and his team (I think) isn’t really a rival of anyone for several years now...
The troll version would be pointing out that the pre Process Sixers were also a second round playoff team, with a zero percent chance of winning the title and a fundamentally flawed star. 

“We are in the unique position to contend now and we think this trade positions us well for the postseason,” 76ers GM Elton Brand said in a statement Wednesday. 

But it's far better than we would have done otherwise, so yes the "process" was a success.  It was to put us in a situation to compete, which we are doing now.  No one expects us to beat the raptors. 

:eek:   :lmao:

Are we?  Toronto is heavily favoured and a very good team. We have a shot but it's not likely. 
I don't know what the odds were prior to Game 1 but heavily favored sounds like a stretch.  The Raptors are not the Warriors.  

Actually it should be considered a major failed season for whichever two Eastern teams lose this round.

For Toronto, it would likely be the final nail in the coffin for Kawhi leaving.

Bucks have tons of free agents and a stressed cap situation. They all wouldn’t be back.  

Boston would have serious questions why they underperformed and with Kyrie possibly leaving for New York or elsewhere.

Actually it should be considered a major failed season for whichever two Eastern teams lose this round.

For Toronto, it would likely be the final nail in the coffin for Kawhi leaving.

Bucks have tons of free agents and a stressed cap situation. They all wouldn’t be back.  

Boston would have serious questions why they underperformed and with Kyrie possibly leaving for New York or elsewhere.
I don’t agree with this binary conclusion.  It still partly depends on how it plays out and Toronto didn’t really give up that much in the end to take their shot and the bucks showed a major commitment to winning plus got an excellent coach that should go a long way to getting giannis to re-sign.

celts do have a number of question marks but I still don’t think this was ever considered any kind of an all in season for them

Think there are only 2 options to keep Kyrie in Boston; Win this championship, or get AD.

Idk with Kawhi, dude's impossible to get a read on.

KD seems to have one foot out the door.

This summer gonna be wild.

He’s not trolling - someone is just being overly sensitive. 

How is it not a fair question to ask if the “process” - being an embarrassment for years - really can be considered a success when then team hasn’t been able to get out of the second round and doesn’t look like they’re positioned to do so as currently constituted.

Milwaukee, Toronto, GS, Portland, Denver, Houston and Boston never tanked and all look like better teams right now.

of course it’s only one game so maybe the Sixers end up winning the series rendering the discussion moot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harden jumps forward on his 3pt attempts, so the defender having to give him a landing spot isn't relevant.
Warrior fan here.  Yes it is.  He gets to come down where ever he wants given it wasn't occupied by a player in lefal guarding position.  

Harden jumps forward on his 3pt attempts, so the defender having to give him a landing spot isn't relevant.
I thought earlier in the game the refs missed a couple of fouls on Harden by GSW but no chance on that last one. He jumped forward and kicked out. 

I thought earlier in the game the refs missed a couple of fouls on Harden by GSW but no chance on that last one. He jumped forward and kicked out. 
Agree with this.  I thought they could have gotten Klay a few times but the one they called on McKinnie was BS.  No we he gets that call at the end unless there is contact before the shot or literally comes down on someones foot.

I'll go with Modogg here. Celtics are lucky they get to avoid Philly until ECF. It's great that Boston seems to have flipped the switch for the playoffs. But C's just don't match up well with Philly, especially one with a healthy Embiid. Honestly Philly is the only team in the East I worry about. Worst case scenario is for Toronto to find a way to choke this series with a hardly functional Embiid.

I think the longest a Celtics series lasts against the Bucks or Raptors is 6 games. Those teams just don't have a game changer outside of Giannis or Kawhi.
ehh disagree. Toronto is the team i think that is the one to avoid, and that is why i have a healthy chunk riding on them to win the East. a Boston-Philly series would have been fun, but i really don't know who wins that series. Especially considering how close most of the games have been they have played over the last year or so. that series would be fun for everyone though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Butler and Harris trades put them in win now mode.  That means more should be expected than a second round exit.

I have no idea what their team would be like if they wouldn’t have done the massive tanking. It’s impossible to know.  However, if all that suffering leads only to this slightly above average Eastern Conference playoff team, that’s a disappointment.  They’ll be in a lot turmoil after this series and could very well break up. They can try a quick rebuild but they can’t count on many seasons with Embiid healthy. 
Ben and Embiid are basically in their 2nd season playing together. I would suggest maybe slowing the horses a bit, pretty hard to make any definitive conclusions on either considering we probably got another 5 years with both when they are approaching, or in their, primes

:lmao:  c'mon now. We aren't taking a 1st year GM trying to promote his team to the media as gospel are we?  I don't know the future of the team, and this off-season will be just as interesting as a few other teams, but worst case scenario they will still have Ben and Embiid locked in for the next 4 years. Probably good for high 40's or so, and we will see what else they can do. Will be lots of questions, but at this point it is pretty hard to draw a conclusion on this team after game 1 of the 2nd round

He’s not trolling - someone is just being overly sensitive. 

How is it not a fair question to ask if the “process” - being an embarrassment for years - really can be considered a success when then team hasn’t been able to get out of the second round and doesn’t look like they’re positioned to do so as currently constituted.

Milwaukee, Toronto, GS, Portland, Denver, Houston and Boston never tanked and all look like better teams right now.

of course it’s only one game so maybe the Sixers end up winning the series rendering the discussion moot.
look up Andrew Bynum trade and the salary cap situation with albatross contracts then let us know if the comparison of those teams makes any sense

76 percent chance to win the series per Vegas I believe. 
I don't know about those numbers but the Sixers had about the same odds as Boston to win the series.  You have a very defeatist attitude my little friend.   

Probably wearing my Houston fan blinders but a lot of blown calls IMO.  Frustrating to watch b/c those post jumper collisions seemed to get called all year.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread