What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the Raptors ever won a game 1 in the playoffs?  They seem cursed.

Clifford still deserves coach of the year.  I really enjoy watching them play defense.

I’ve decided that I’m going to root for the series underdog the whole way through.

Edit: With the possible exception of the Bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Booing your team in game one of the playoffs at home :lmao:   Oh, Philly.
Please forgive them. 0ver 75% of the fans today at the game didn't give a rats ### about the team the last 8 or so yrs. They've all been either rooting for Lebron, claiming to be big time fans of whatever team won the nBA finals or GS fans. The minute the team became serious about winning they all came out like cockroaches acting like they've been fans of the team forever. I've said it in the past and most die hard Sixers fans don't want to hear it but Basketball is like 4th or 5th most popular in this town NBA wise. You have more people hear interested in the local Big 5 Schools and college ball especially when the Sixers have sucked or mediocre. One year the Union outdrew them the MLS soccer club and they sucked that year too. Working in retail for yrs you get to see a lot of trends. You get your regulars who you know fairly well. from when I started working in 04 there were still some 76ers gear mixed in with the typical Eagles or Phillies or Flyers. Phillies got hot and everyone had the WS stuff. Eventually AI left and less people got interested in the 76ers. I was seeing more jerseys of whatever team LeBron James decided to be on, whoever the popular player that NBA season was Jersey or whichever team won in the nBA finals. Over the past 3-4 yrs I've seen a lot more Curry and GS stuff. I want to say it was before last season started I saw the most 76ers gear worn by people in what I've seen in yrs. Especially from regular customers who liked basketball always saw them with the Lebron or Curry jersey on not the local team. Even when the Flyers were bad or have been bad they still pack the arena. 

The problem of disinterest in the local teams seems to boil down to questionable ownership over the yrs. the Recent Colagelo stuff and the fact now a days in the NBA if you don't have 1-2 top stars in the league what's the point of watching and rooting for the team to lose in the 1st or 2nd round each year. This isn't a knock to the diehard fans of the team especially on this board but unfortunately for a vast majority of Philly unless you bring in AI for an appearance or something fans don't seem to really care much about the 76ers unless they are doing well. However the team today deserved to be booed off the court after their display. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Simmons is soooooo lazy with his passing today
That was Simmons in a lot of College games. Today I only watched parts of it do to work and didn't see all of it but what I did see reminded me of games at LSU he should've simple dominated in but became very lazy and disinterested. I don't get why that would be the case today though

I think they should follow the Nets process of trading their next nine years of picks away for aging veterans, and then sucking for years without receiving any benefit from it. Then take on some bad contracts in order to acquire good young assets and then somehow form a winning team with a roster of players most casual fans never heard of.

easy, peasy.
I said a few times this year nobody sleep on the Nets. They are a scrappy team and play hard. Sixers seemed to take the team they played for granted today after the 1st QTR like they were just gonna blow them out. A young team with nothing to lose and a bunch of guys nobody has heard of is not a team you take the foot off the pedal on. 

He’s terrible. Wild to me that people think he’s good. 
he certainly has some areas he can grow in. i would like the Sixers to give him his max contract and keep him for another 4-5 years. last off-season was really his first off-season to work on areas of his game other than learning the PG position. I have no idea what kind of influence Magic would have on him, but it is at least helpful to think he has reached out to various people to ask to work with them in the off-season. 

i know a good portion of the fanbase is with you and ready to jump ship with him, but i have no idea how much of Embiid the Sixers can really depend on for the next 5 years. this knee thing is a little worrisome, he only played like 10 games since the all-star break so considering he was doubtful for the game today was not a good sign. I do know this year that Embiid and Simmons have grown better together, and the potential of the 2 is still very high. 

I think if Ben isn't shooting more jumpers next year there is good reason to worry and i know he will be hearing it from everybody

he certainly has some areas he can grow in. i would like the Sixers to give him his max contract and keep him for another 4-5 years. last off-season was really his first off-season to work on areas of his game other than learning the PG position. I have no idea what kind of influence Magic would have on him, but it is at least helpful to think he has reached out to various people to ask to work with them in the off-season. 

i know a good portion of the fanbase is with you and ready to jump ship with him, but i have no idea how much of Embiid the Sixers can really depend on for the next 5 years. this knee thing is a little worrisome, he only played like 10 games since the all-star break so considering he was doubtful for the game today was not a good sign. I do know this year that Embiid and Simmons have grown better together, and the potential of the 2 is still very high. 

I think if Ben isn't shooting more jumpers next year there is good reason to worry and i know he will be hearing it from everybody
He’ll never be close to an even an average nba 3-point shooter. 

The Nuggets seem like the pre-Kawhi Raptors.  Win 50-55 games, but have no realistic chance of competing for a title.  

Trust the process.

has a coach fallen farther in the league than Stevens? his response when his team isn't playing good are getting worse as the season has gone on. If Pacers could hit any shots they would be winning this game by 20+

Forgot there's a separate playoff thread...Morris 12 pts after 1. Keep it up cuhhh
i wonder what he is looking for this off-season. It is crazy how much the majority of the players on the team say how much they hated playing this year, do you think he will re-sign? I could see them approach like they did Smart last year, but this just feels totally different with so many players being vocal how unhappy this season has been for them. Sixers have an intereting off-season ahead of them, but Boston seems to be almost the same. 

8 pts in the third qtr for the pacers? followed by 0 pts in first few minutes of 4th. 
yeah i wanted to bet Indy pre-game. and bet them at halftime. that was fun. Wasn't like Boston did many things different, it was juts like Indy froze up. they had open looks....

yeah i wanted to bet Indy pre-game. and bet them at halftime. that was fun. Wasn't like Boston did many things different, it was juts like Indy froze up. they had open looks....
perhaps the "how the eff is this team winning games" has finally caught up. 

those 3 black guys they keep showing in the crowd in Boston have to be plants by the organization right? i swear i have seen the same 3 dudes siting near the bench at least 5 times. nice PR move
Nobody promotes racism quite like you do buddy. Keep up the good work 👍

I don't think Ben calling out the fans for booing last night is gonna earn him more supporters. I heard a few stories he refused to put in extra practice shooting in college with his Uncle who was one of LSU's assistant coaches. I think some of the fanbase biggest problem is having blinders on for Ben's weaknesses for the past few yrs. There was always some excuse or defense or seeming like his issues aren't a big deal. Now they are becoming big issues and some Fns are seeing it when they expected this guy to be closer to Lebron's level already 

I don't think Ben calling out the fans for booing last night is gonna earn him more supporters. I heard a few stories he refused to put in extra practice shooting in college with his Uncle who was one of LSU's assistant coaches. I think some of the fanbase biggest problem is having blinders on for Ben's weaknesses for the past few yrs. There was always some excuse or defense or seeming like his issues aren't a big deal. Now they are becoming big issues and some Fns are seeing it when they expected this guy to be closer to Lebron's level already 
Lebron’s level? Jesus Christ no wonder they’re angry. Hard to go through life that stupid. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread