What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and on where the rest of the FA land as well.... which combos will we get, where?

we'll see what the bigger pull is- keeping a historic dynasty together or winning one where he is the clear #1 on a team.
i wonder if any of the bigger names (the 1b guys like Butler, etc) will sign 1 year contracts and try again next year when there aren't so many free agents out there too. will be fun, could be significantly different

i wonder if any of the bigger names (the 1b guys like Butler, etc) will sign 1 year contracts and try again next year when there aren't so many free agents out there too. will be fun, could be significantly different
I'd bet some do, or do the two year player option second year thing LeBron did all the time.  However, I doubt Butler will risk it.  I'd think he is going to make sure and get that max and security while he still can.

StatsCentre@StatsCentre

Tonight's Gm3 could be pivotal for the winner, as the #Raptors are 1-4 in Best-of-7 series when trailing it 2-1 & 4-1 when leading it 2-1. Meanwhile, the 76ers are 2-18 when trailing 2-1 but 14-6 when up 2-1

:scared:

Tobi blocking Kawhi  :shock: . i told a bunch of people today i was predicting a Tobias game, fingers crossed for the guy

Sixers offense super sloppy. guys are too pumped.

and mother f'n Kawhi. Wherever the hel that guy goes next year i'm betting to win the championship. i'd take Kawhi over KD, no doubt

Danny Green heating up is  :scared:

and lol, JJ getting beat the F up this series. has to be a flagrant on Ibaka just clocking JJ

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, these refs blow. i feel for them cause it's hard to see the details but man it's like they aren't even watching the game, just watching player's reactions and making it up as they go forward. Not complaining again @Frostillicus cause it doesn't seem to be favoring any specific team, just bad officiating

ETA: a podcast i listen to did talk about this. the idea is that with replay and camera angles now, refs really have no chance. 

ETA2: i don't envy the refs, but man do they suck

i miss the younger, more immature Embiid who used to try and give guys a five on opposing teams when they missed a free throw

lol, these refs blow. i feel for them cause it's hard to see the details but man it's like they aren't even watching the game, just watching player's reactions and making it up as they go forward. Not complaining again @Frostillicus cause it doesn't seem to be favoring any specific team, just bad officiating

ETA: a podcast i listen to did talk about this. the idea is that with replay and camera angles now, refs really have no chance. 

ETA2: i don't envy the refs, but man do they suck
I think theres a huge distrust between players refs and fans here. I wished the NBA had coaches challenges. If there was Tor could go back and ask them review the Simmons Lowry play. Ben is lucky the official didn't see it because he'd be in for an early shower right now. He's definitely getting a large fine for it. Not sure he'll be suspended but there was really no reason to do that. But it'd be nice if teams could challenge plays and get some of these calls more right. I know people will ##### about the games taking longer but the league would benefit big time. 

I think the league really needs to have a talk this offseason about penalizing players for "acting, flopping, diving, etc". Technical for any player who does it. They also are to lenient on players getting in the official faces about non calls or calls. I've been seeing a lot more in soccer refs showing a yellow card for decent and even for complaining to ref too much. I'm all for a player pleading his case but the whole team shouldn't be ganging up on the ref. Tell them to back the F up or everyone is getting a Tech. Decent should also result in a hefty fine. The decent in the NBA is so much worse today then it is in Soccer or NHL now. It's honestly embarrassing watching Harden and Paul crying and flopping every other play. 

I also think you still have those questioning the league after the Donaghey thing do to how the NBA treated the whole thing and some fans have a huge distrust there. A lot needs to change with the league or it's only getting worse. I've been saying for awhile the league with these CBA's is just putting bandaids on problems that need stitches and major surgery and will only get worse if not responded to in the appropriate matter. 

does Embiid have small hands for a man of his size?

i swear i've seen him go in for a power dunk like that a dozen times this season and have the ball squirt out of his hands without really being contested

JJ gets his ankle stepped on and Lowry gets away with moving his pivot foot. Sixers still up 14. Need to finish this game.

ehh, Lowry was basically pulling the same move my one dog does when he hangs his balls over my other dog laying down, he deserved that elbow
No excusing it. It was a cheap shot punk move. He should'e been headed to the showers but unfortunately the ref missed it. You're a ##### if you punch a guy in the balls but honestly it's Simmons so I'm not surprised because the dude can't even handle some constructive booing 

THat's just a little payback for Simmons cheap shot earlier. Flagrant sure but Sixers should've been expecting something after Lowry got punched in the balls earlier. 

How did he miss that?  Like I actually can't figure that out, never seen a more wide open dunk hahahha

EYLive said:
Man, Kawhi's gonna make a great Clipper.
will be a lot of fun if he signs with the Clippers. i will definitely put some cash on them if he does. Dude is just sick.......

Winning this series would be so huge for Philly both this year and the future.  Trying to not get ahead of myself as this is FAR from over, but IF they get through Toronto, have to think Kawhi is gone for sure and Toronto might struggle next year. 

Winning this series would be so huge for Philly both this year and the future.  Trying to not get ahead of myself as this is FAR from over, but IF they get through Toronto, have to think Kawhi is gone for sure and Toronto might struggle next year. 
yup. Kawhi went 6 for 6 for 14 points in the 3rd Q, so series is far from over. Hoping they keep momentum in game 4, and should be fun.

yup. Kawhi went 6 for 6 for 14 points in the 3rd Q, so series is far from over. Hoping they keep momentum in game 4, and should be fun.
I think the winner Sunday wins the series.  Don't like our chances heading to Toronto 2-2, but don't think this Raps team can win 3 straight against us.

I think the winner Sunday wins the series.  Don't like our chances heading to Toronto 2-2, but don't think this Raps team can win 3 straight against us.
to be honest, if they play like they did tonight i don't know what Toronto can do. all 5 starters took their turns tonight and if Embiid is healthy it should be fun

to be honest, if they play like they did tonight i don't know what Toronto can do. all 5 starters took their turns tonight and if Embiid is healthy it should be fun
Yep, and now 2 full days off which should help him.

Curious to see who is favoured to win the series now.  Probably 50/50.

Yep, and now 2 full days off which should help him.

Curious to see who is favoured to win the series now.  Probably 50/50.
if it's 50/50 i will be putting a boat load on teh Sixers to off-set my Toronto to win the East odds. best thing about these wins is they aren't flukey. Defense has been most impressive at any point this year

this thread should be blowing up right now after that game. we just saw the future of the NBA. it's like some people in here aren't Sixers' fans  :kicksrock:

modogg said:
Sixers offense super sloppy. guys are too pumped.

and mother f'n Kawhi. Wherever the hel that guy goes next year i'm betting to win the championship. i'd take Kawhi over KD, no doubt
I don't thinks it's "no doubt" over KD, but playoff Kawhi is not very far behind 

this thread should be blowing up right now after that game. we just saw the future of the NBA. it's like some people in here aren't Sixers' fans  :kicksrock:
That's because everyone knows that the true NBA championship game is tonight at 7:00.  The rest is just filler.  💰

That's because everyone knows that the true NBA championship game is tonight at 7:00.  The rest is just filler.  💰
Just make sure you make quick work of the Bucks tonight so I don't miss the start of the Blazers game.  😀  An overtime game would be really irritating.

:thumbup:

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The Lakers are proceeding toward an offer to Ty Lue in the coming days, and have no plans to introduce new candidates into the head coaching search process, league sources tell @ramonashelburne and me.

12:58 PM · May 3, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread