Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33

7 minutes ago, caustic said:

:thumbup:

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The Lakers are proceeding toward an offer to Ty Lue in the coming days, and have no plans to introduce new candidates into the head coaching search process, league sources tell @ramonashelburne and me.

12:58 PM · May 3, 2019

Imagine how good the Lakers could be with real organizational structure.  That franchise is such a joke right now.  Sadly, Ty Lue may be the correct hire though.

Edit to add: Why is Monty Williams taking the Suns job?  He'd be better off waiting for a better opportunity in the next few years.  That team may have some talent but Sarver will inevitably Sarver...but now with goats. 👏

Edited by trader jake
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, trader jake said:

Imagine how good the Lakers could be with real organizational structure.  That franchise is such a joke right now.  Sadly, Ty Lue may be the correct hire though.

Edit to add: Why is Monty Williams taking the Suns job?  He'd be better off waiting for a better opportunity in the next few years.  That team may have some talent but Sarver will inevitably Sarver...but now with goats. 👏

When you get offered a head coaching job in the league, you take it. 

45 minutes ago, caustic said:

The Lakers are proceeding toward an offer to Ty Lue in the coming days, and have no plans to introduce new candidates into the head coaching search process, league sources tell @ramonashelburne and me.

he ain't a coach, he's a caddy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Insein said:

Maybe so.  However, that's what (fill in the name of recent Suns head coaches) thought too...and how'd that work out for them?  I understand if the head coach in question had lower odds of landing a better head coaching job in the near future, but Monty Williams would be among the handful of top choices for the foreseeable future.  Going to Phoenix seems like he settled.

I mean the owner put goats in an office and let them #### all over last season. The team also just lost their long-time trainer (which was one of the few tangible positive things the Suns have had going for them for the past decade plus).  Add in bad decisions like passing on Luka for a defensively challenged 5, letting Tyson Chandler go for nothing vs getting a pick/buyout, and a slew of other moves that make little sense and this organization just isn't a great choice for a coach with options.  Which I feel Monty Williams would have.  Solid get for Phoenix though.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Insein said:

you're generally right.  this one, i don't know, it's close.  i guess maybe he thinks it's still better to be thought of as a head coach and not risk being more branded as an assistant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trader jake said:

He got a 5 year contract at probably a huge raise over what he’s making now. If Sarver fires him next summer, he’d be doing Williams a favor. 

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, caustic said:

Sixers have lost 2 asst. coaches during the year this year. I think with this move it is almost mandatory that the Sixers hire A.I. as an asst coach for when they play the Lakers so Iverson can try the step over move on Lue again for us all to relive

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, bananafish said:

Aren't you a Clippers fan? Their future seems pretty bright, some might even say blinding depending on what happens this summer. You should cheer up.

Things still haven't reached that level yet. And I lived through the Oliver "Pig" Miller years, so I know what the bottom looks like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gr00vus said:

Things still haven't reached that level yet. And I lived through the Oliver "Pig" Miller years, so I know what the bottom looks like.

While Oliver Miller's physique resembled that of an overgrown pig, I think the Miller you mean is Anthony "Pig" Miller.  Those were some rough times indeed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caustic said:

AKA Lebron's ##### is coming to the Lakers. 

7 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

he ain't a coach, he's a caddy

He's Lebron's Shoe Shiner and kisses his ###. Reason why Blatt was replaced was because Lebron felt "disresected" by Blatt. I've been saying for awhile now today's NBA the guy who's named Coach isn't really coaching the team. He's just there as the fall guy when the entitled brats who don't produce fail he's the one who gets fired. Owners and GM's have become so ####mefied and letting the Loonies Run the Asylum. You can't have the jokers, Penguins, Riddlers, etc running Arkam. 

2 hours ago, modogg said:

Sixers have lost 2 asst. coaches during the year this year. I think with this move it is almost mandatory that the Sixers hire A.I. as an asst coach for when they play the Lakers so Iverson can try the step over move on Lue again for us all to relive

Can AI stay sober long enough? 

4 minutes ago, wilked said:

What the #### was that call on Brown? 

I don't think the refs believe players are capable of a clean defensive play. So any missed shot or flop is automatically called a foul, whether the refs see it or not.

3 hours ago, bananafish said:

Aren't you a Clippers fan? Their future seems pretty bright, some might even say blinding depending on what happens this summer. You should cheer up.

Guys, there's still room on the bandwagon. Like... lots of room... I'm literally laying across the entire first row here...

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Gersson Rosas has been mentioned for every job and really thinks that the Timberwolves are the best one to take?  He could have been running the Sixers.  Crazy.  Maybe he can figure out a way to get out of Wiggins.

#@Frostillicus #GarbageWolves #LuckyBastards

I'm too drunk to formulate a proper response to this salty nonsense.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:10 AM, Jayrod said:

Sweeping the Pacers was impressive.  And it was a road win in the playoffs vs. the favorite to win the East and it was a dominant win at that.

Yes, all of it was impressive.  I'm declaring them better than we thought they were 2 weeks ago and a very likely candidate to win the East.

Your team has been very impressive :thumbup:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

He's Lebron's Shoe Shiner and kisses his ###. Reason why Blatt was replaced was because Lebron felt "disresected" by Blatt. I've been saying for awhile now today's NBA the guy who's named Coach isn't really coaching the team. He's just there as the fall guy when the entitled brats who don't produce fail he's the one who gets fired. Owners and GM's have become so ####mefied and letting the Loonies Run the Asylum. You can't have the jokers, Penguins, Riddlers, etc running Arkam. 

Oh come on. 

1 minute ago, tjnc09 said:

Jokic spends a lot of time standing around not really doing anything 

Yeah, I mean he's only been arguably the best player in the playoffs and has the most touches per game by a very wide margin. He basically just sits around and waits for something to happen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kev4029 said:

Yeah, I mean he's only been arguably the best player in the playoffs and has the most touches per game by a very wide margin. He basically just sits around and waits for something to happen.

Best player in the playoffs?  :lmao:

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Not sure why that is so funny.  He has been awesome all year and in the playoffs.

It's funny because it's a ridiculous opinion from a Denver homer.  Nobody realistically thinks that.

Just now, tjnc09 said:

It's funny because it's a ridiculous opinion from a Denver homer.  Nobody realistically thinks that.

Mostly because they've played the majority of their games at 9:30 eastern. He's something like 2nd in per, first in box plus minus, first in win shares, 2nd in offensive rating, 8th in ppg, 2nd in apg, 2nd in rpg, 1st in VORP. He has absolutely dominated, the rest of the team especially their bench, not so much.

• Thanks 1

Denver just had two offensive rebounds on one possession and the biggest guy on the court stood in the same spot on the perimeter - zero effort.  

Let Lillard score an easy lay up while he watched from the paint.  

Nonchalantly jogged back after a Denver turnover.  

It's a pivotal game three and he's moving like a oversized sloth

9 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

Denver just had two offensive rebounds on one possession and the biggest guy on the court stood in the same spot on the perimeter - zero effort.  

Let Lillard score an easy lay up while he watched from the paint.  

Nonchalantly jogged back after a Denver turnover.  

It's a pivotal game three and he's moving like a oversized sloth

He always moves like an oversized sloth. That's what makes him so endearing. Obviously this is your first chance to watch him. Don't expect him to do the things you are used to seeing an NBA player do.

7 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

:lmao: he just had the ball stripped, stood there sulking and finally reappeared in the screen five seconds later.  He's either lazy or shaving points 

As the team has gone from down 10 when he came back in to leading by 2 before that last three from McCollum. He must be doing something right, against your obviously superior scouting ability.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kev4029 said:

As the team has gone from down 10 when he came back in to leading by 2 before that last three from McCollum. He must be doing something right, against your obviously superior scouting ability.

:lmao: he just turned the ball over (4 already) and got dunked on