What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
people been sleeping on this Denver fly over city team....all year....hope it keeps happening....they can be dangerous.....lots of depth/scorers and great coaching....can't count out POR yet tho...

feel they would give either HOU or GS a run for their money even at full strength.....now with KD possibly out, that goes up even a little more...

hopefully HOU wins game 6 and  those teams have to go 7....and keep beating up on each other...

people been sleeping on this Denver fly over city team....all year....hope it keeps happening....they can be dangerous.....lots of depth/scorers and great coaching....can't count out POR yet tho...

feel they would give either HOU or GS a run for their money even at full strength.....now with KD possibly out, that goes up even a little more...

hopefully HOU wins game 6 and  those teams have to go 7....and keep beating up on each other...
Not this guy.  :bowtie:

Denver is going to the finals.  Believe dat.

I am normally a top-notch wikkid translator, but this one is eluding me.

Really?  It's the chant of a team breaking a huddle that wants the series to end so they can go on vacation.  
yeah, Barkley quoted it @ halftime in reference to their play.

my sub-references are usually more archaic & flashbacky than that, so it doesn't affect your status as the FFA's only AuthorizedwikkidTranslator™, Jaybone

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao:  homers gonna homer

Denver struggled with San Antonio and might go to a game seven against a team starting a backup center with one arm.  

Denver got embarrassed in three of four games against GS this year, but yeah, barely beating two mediocre playoffs teams means they can compete with the world champions at full strength. 

i do hope we get Denver-Houston so that we can see the real battle of the Rockets.

Denver struggled with San Antonio and might go to a game seven against a team starting a backup center with one arm.  

Denver got embarrassed in three of four games against GS this year, but yeah, barely beating two mediocre playoffs teams means they can compete with the world champions at full strength. 
haven't you chided others many times for using regular season results as predictive of what will happen in the playoffs.

Just heard that Houston is being favored by 8 in game 6. Wow, that is a huge turn from when Kevin Durant was playing.

ETA: the game 4 line was even

Despite the uncertainty of Durant, the Nuggets are about 4% to win the championship... barely above the Sixers and Blazers that are down 3-2 in this round :lmao:   

at least you have the excuse lined up already if KD doesn't play....

at least you have the excuse lined up already if KD doesn't play....
Plus, it's not like GS swept a crappy Clippers team (a team that traded away its best player during the season).  Needed all of 6 games and heroics from Durant who won't be available to bail them out against Houston.

if they could get kyrie, i don't see russell as being an impediment to that.  russell had his best TS% of his career this year and still was in the bottom half of the league among guards.  Dinwiddie is more efficient and overall a more versatile player and defender.
@tjnc09  Are you the poster that bets huge money on the Warriors to win it all each year or is that someone else?

don't get me wrong.....both HOU and GS are not great match ups for Denver.....hell they aren't good match ups for anybody really....but I think the Nuggets have grown quite a bit over the course of this season with a really young team and will give either of them a "go"....may not win, but would be just about as much fun as watching anybody else playing HOU/GS in the WC finals....DEN would have home court on HOU.....DEN still has some work to do so this convo should really wait....

Plus, it's not like GS swept a crappy Clippers team (a team that traded away its best player during the season).  Needed all of 6 games and heroics from Durant who won't be available to bail them out against Houston.
The Clippers are better than you give them credit for (obviously) and yet the Warriors still outscored them by 59 points.  

Just want to distract myself from the KD injury.

Anyone think a Jalen Rose, David Jacoby, Richard Jefferson, and Zach Lowe studio team would be the best ever?

tjnc09 said:
Who is making excuses?  I'm simply pointing out how ridiculous you sound.
So its ok for you to say “the Clippers are better than you think” like its the gospel......and also the Spurs and Blazers are terrible like its gospel.....even tho both were higher seeds than the Clippers, POR still played well after Nurc injury etc......got it....the Nuggets must have caught everybody on a bad night throughout the season as they lucked into that #2 seed against the awful Western conference (except of course the Warriors and Rockets).....got it.....as long as we think like you we are ok....otherwise we sound ridiculous 

So its ok for you to say “the Clippers are better than you think” like its the gospel......and also the Spurs and Blazers are terrible like its gospel.....even tho both were higher seeds than the Clippers, POR still played well after Nurc injury etc......got it....the Nuggets must have caught everybody on a bad night throughout the season as they lucked into that #2 seed against the awful Western conference (except of course the Warriors and Rockets).....got it.....as long as we think like you we are ok....otherwise we sound ridiculous 
:lmao: at using something as meaningless as seeds.  The Warriors could have finished as the 8th seed and would still be the favorites to win the championship.

Series odds before tonight's games:

Houston Rockets vs Golden State Warriors
Rockets +205
Warriors -245

Philadelphia 76ers vs Toronto Raptors
76ers +500
Raptors -800

Portland Trail Blazers vs Denver Nuggets
Trail Blazers +300
Nuggets -400

Congratulations to the bucks for making their first conference finals since 2001.  Sorry you will need to suffer the same fate and lose to the sixers after they beat the raptors again.
I would love a Bucks v 76ers repeat of the 2001 ecf, this time with home court.  That's unfinished business for Bucks fans.

For old guys like me, the 80's are filled with memories of Bucks/76ers/Celtics in the conference finals and semi-finals. 

Bucks playoffs 1980-1986

1980–81—Lost Conference Semifinals (76ers) 4–3

1981–82—Lost Conference Semifinals (76ers) 4–2

1982–83—Won Conference Semifinals (Celtics) 4–0; Lost Conference Finals (76ers)

1983–84—Won First Round (Hawks) 3–2; Won Conference Semifinals (Nets) 4–2; Lost Conference Finals (Celtics) 4–1

1984–85—Won First Round (Bulls) 3–1; Lost Conference Semifinals (76ers) 4–0

1985–86—Won First Round (Nets) 3–0; Won Conference Semifinals (76ers) 4–3; Lost Conference Finals (Celtics) 4–0

1986–87--Won First Round (76ers) 3–2; Lost Conference Semifinals (Celtics) 4–3

KDless probabilities

Championship GS 38.0%, MIL 29.9%, HOU 15.4%, TOR 9.8%, DEN 4.4%, PHI 1.3%, PORT 1.2%

EC MIL 64.9%, TOR 31.5%, PHI 3.6%

WC GS 56.3%, HOU 25.6%, DEN 14.6%, PORT 3.6%

The fifth best team remaining must be really good :mellow:

At this point, the only 2 finals matchups that might be boring would be GS/Toronto or GS/Philly.  The other 10 would be unexpected and close. 

Is there a conference final schedule somewhere?  Speculation is Durant's recovery is typically around two weeks.  maybe he can play in three WCF games if they get there. 

GS/HOU and POR/DEN g7 would be 5/12

A Portland win tonight would be nice to extend that series.

Is there a conference final schedule somewhere?  Speculation is Durant's recovery is typically around two weeks.  maybe he can play in three WCF games if they get there. 

GS/HOU and POR/DEN g7 would be 5/12

A Portland win tonight would be nice to extend that series.
Here are the ECF schedules depending on whether phi or tor wins: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/playoffs/2019/conference-finals-schedule

nba finals start on May 30, so you can probably make and educated guess about egg schedule.  I would assume they would start on 5/14, but I suppose there is a chance they would start on 5/12 (if both wc series end in 6).

Kyle Neubeck✔@KyleNeubeck

Embiid and Siakam just crossed paths near midcourt. Joel went to shake his hand and Siakam jokingly fled to avoid getting sick, then eventually gave him a half hearted fist bump before running back to the locker room

:no:

I probably reply to 1 out of every 10 of your ridiculous Boston jabs.

But hey, at least our team isn't built around an injury prone big who eats like he lives in a trailer park and a guard who can't shoot outside of 10 feet.
You forgot injury prone drama queen who likes to talk a lot of #### for not doing a lot in his career and the other guy is soft who can't take constructive criticism. 

bananafish said:
He's tired and beat up from getting pushed around and getting run into all the time. That's part of the Rockets' strategy. Counter the finesse game with physicality. It's smart. 
The last time I saw a guy not get calls like Curry that should be called was DRose with the bulls. That guy would get molested at the rim constantly without any calls. I remember the one MIA series Game 2 or so Lebron #####ed about not getting calls and in the first 5 mins Butler was in foul trouble on two very tick tacky questionable calls. My issue with fouls has always been it's never been consistent. If it's a foul for one player it's a foul for the rest. 

coyote5 said:
Some NBA stars are clutch playoff performers.  Guys who rise to the occasion and lift their level of play.  

And then there's Chris Paul.
I just call him a whiney ##### and Mr Excuses. Always a reason why it's not his fault when the team loses. It Makes the league look bad when you have a team like Hou #####ing a whole series about foul calls. I don't think the calls have been in favor of one side or another. In fact the Rockets have done more falling down like a sniper is in the building acting like soccer players diving and flopping like fish outta water then missed calls. If I were the NBA I'd start making a rule for flopping making it a Flagrant 2 foul plus 5 game suspension and a fine to curb this nonsense. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread