What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched post game interviews this morning.  Chris Paul's comments were pretty classy.  I hate him, but he wasn't a DB in his replies.  He gave legit credit to the Warriors -- but also seemed unwilling to say Curry's name out loud, which was funny.

Watched post game interviews this morning.  Chris Paul's comments were pretty classy.  I hate him, but he wasn't a DB in his replies.  He gave legit credit to the Warriors -- but also seemed unwilling to say Curry's name out loud, which was funny.
Athletic has a story about how Curry had the court reserved for shooting the night before. 8 pm. Paul got wind of it and went to the court himself. Curry offered to just stay on one half of the court and Paul said no and kicked them out. 

Walking off last night Curry yelled “kick me off the court again!!”

Paul is a DOOOOOOOOOOSH. 

Athletic has a story about how Curry had the court reserved for shooting the night before. 8 pm. Paul got wind of it and went to the court himself. Curry offered to just stay on one half of the court and Paul said no and kicked them out. 

Paul is a DOOOOOOOOOOSH. 
Thanks for reaffirming my faith in why it's fair and just to hate Chris Paul!

If the Sixers don’t keep Butler, they aren’t winning a title with embiid/simmons. 

If they can only keep one of him and Harris, they better max jimmy. He is the only player on the team that has a real killer instinct. 
I think Butler should only get a 3 yrs max contract. It seems a couple of Sixers friend homers think the same thing. People are concerned about Jimmy wearing down quickly do to the heavy mins he's played and him going the 5 yr max may end up hurting them. Right Now I think its more likely he goes and the team does something stupid like maxing out Harris who's not a max guy. IMHO The Sixers need Butler more than he needs them. If he leaves that could be bad for the Sixers signing other potential FA's. The Organization also needs to stop babying Joel and Ben. Jimmy seems to be trying to get them to put their big boy pants on and I think Brown wants to help but the org has his hands tied. Just from reports over the last few seasons from Joel's Shirley Temples at the Summer League when he should be rehabbing a Ben getting mad at the fans booing his poor performance both seem to be needed be treated with kid gloves. 

I don’t think they “have to” trade him. I think this team’s starting 5 can contend for years to come, if they round out the bench and get another shooter. However, if they had to choose between extending Simmons and keeping Butler , Harris and Embiid, I am trading Simmons for a more traditional PG who can shoot the 3 and other assets. 
I think with Embiid's injury issues you are taking a risk of building around him but if it's extend Embiid on a team friendly insurance deal like the current one and Keep butler then I think Ben has to go in you aren't resigning him. I think this is what Jalen rose was alluding too that if the team wants to built around Embiid they need to trade Ben. I've been saying for awhile their best move to make would be send Simmons to the #### show known as the Lakers for Kuzma and Ingram this offseason. Ingram can take over SF and slide butler to the 2 and Kuzma gives you a more traditional stretch 4 where Harris really isn't. he's also cheaper then Harris and this allows them to then go after a more traditional PG with 3 and D. I thought the Sixers when they got Harris should've pushed for Patrick Beverly. 

ShamrockPride said:
Rockets embarrassing themselves. First three minute there already been 2 comically bad flops.
They do that nightly. They are the new LA Clippers. Like I said Thursday NBA needs to really do something about it. Make Flopping a Double Technical or a Technical foul, fine the players big doing it and then suspensions when needed. It really is getting out of control especially those stupid little head fakes acting like they were hit. I think it's complete BS what the league tells the refs to let go and what to call. I'd also love to enforce the moving screen violations and the constant traveling/walking. Wouldn't hurt to also call that palming the ball rule in there either. It's like the league completely ignores rules to generate more offense. If you want more offense fine change the rules. I just hate that you have rules in place not even called. 

I was just about to post the same thing in response to the assertion that Paul is remotely classy in any way. 
Just to be clear, I stated that I don't like Paul at all, never have, but that his press conf comments were classy and gave the Warriors credit.  Not sure why that can't be true.......or is in conflict with Paul being a DB otherwise.   Paul is a steaming pile of feces in general.  Can't stand the guy.  Love to root against him.  Love to see him fall apart.

He also gave credit to the Warriors post game, and he didn't blame the refs for the loss.  Not sure why it is wrong to type those words.

They do that nightly. They are the new LA Clippers. Like I said Thursday NBA needs to really do something about it. Make Flopping a Double Technical or a Technical foul, fine the players big doing it and then suspensions when needed. It really is getting out of control especially those stupid little head fakes acting like they were hit. I think it's complete BS what the league tells the refs to let go and what to call. I'd also love to enforce the moving screen violations and the constant traveling/walking. Wouldn't hurt to also call that palming the ball rule in there either. It's like the league completely ignores rules to generate more offense. If you want more offense fine change the rules. I just hate that you have rules in place not even called. 
Most of the Rockets flops were ignored by the refs last night.  It was awesome to watch.   Not as awesome though as seeing Paul get called for 2 offensive fouls early, or as awesome as the late pushoff call on Harden vs Draymond.

parasaurolophus said:
Would love to see a ref call a violation on harden when he steps over the line shooting free throws(which it clearly is). He would lose his mind.  
Dude is an absolute clown show. Good player but constantly whining and #####ing when things don't go his way. Him and CP3 were meant for one another IMHO. Imagine if they started calling his flops how ballistic he'd go. Jesus that would be quite the entertainment

Jayded said:
Same old Rockets. Guess we’ll always have 94-95. 
They can thank MJ for not playing for that one year too. That's the sad part. MJ plays that year Bulls probably have 6 titles. 

Also kind of crazy but I remember reading recently and then this was brought up in my 2K NBA game the other day but Chicago is the only team who has never lost an NBA finals series. I know it's only 6 finals but that's crazy. Though I think the topic was more Chicago is the only team in American sports to be undated in a finals title game of sorts but I'd have to double check that. 

coyote5 said:
Hardens such a #####.  I hate when players sulk and slink off to the locker room without giving some handshakes.  Grow up a bit
That's always bothered me. Really bothered me the last two SB's that Brady refused to go shake Nick Foles hand after losing 2 yrs ago in the SB but wins last yearend Brady is all about going up to Goff after the game. Grow a pair and act like a dam professional. Lebron has done this before as well leaving when his team were sent packing in the post season and not even bothering congratulating the other team. It's why I really love Hockey's tradition with the Traditional series ending handshakes at the end. The two teams may hate each other but theres at least some respect where you go and shake the guy at the other ends hands after a hard fought series. Soccer does it well for title games like UEFA and Europa Finals and tournament finals for Nations. I remember Italy losing the Euro's in I want to say 2012 and Spain the winning side stood in file facing one another either side while Italy received their 2nd place medals. Then Italy stayed do the same for Spain. Vise versa during Champions final as well. Be a good sport. You lost other team won. not lie there was a terrible call that you got screwed on and lost. 

Lakers looking at J.B. Bickerstaff. I'd be upset, but I find myself thinking - "well, at least it's not Tyrone Lue".
man, i did not realize how good things are there right now. Listening to the Silver Screen and Roll podcast about the front office is funny. i had no idea the darling of the org. Kurt Rambis was forced to delete his twitter account because he liked "A$$es Daily". man oh man, they need to bring in the Colangelo family there.

F'n dirtbag Silver forced them on the Sixers, why can't he do it to others.

man, i did not realize how good things are there right now. Listening to the Silver Screen and Roll podcast about the front office is funny. i had no idea the darling of the org. Kurt Rambis was forced to delete his twitter account because he liked "A$$es Daily". man oh man, they need to bring in the Colangelo family there.

F'n dirtbag Silver forced them on the Sixers, why can't he do it to others.
Colangelo might actually be an improvement at this point.

Stinkin Ref said:
Good posting....also did anybody else notice as he is walking off he takes off whatever he wears on his wrist and just throws it on the ground like “some $10 an hour worker will pick this up later”....

also his press conference should be another epic “please don’t hassle me with questions I’m gonna hide and rub my face for 10 minutes”....but when they win....he will talk all you want
Definition of a drama queen attention Wh**e. Im so glad that d-bag isn't on my team. Dude is complete trash when it comes to being a teammate. All fun and games for him till it doesn't go his way. Honestly if I was on his team and one of the vets I'd have forced him back on the floor, pick up his #### himself and go congratulate the Warriors and stop acting like a spoiled piece of ####. Dude is the NBA version of Cam Newton. It's all in good fun until things don't go your way then it's everyone but your own fault and press conferences please don't talk to me 

tjnc09 said:
Everyone had their panties in a bunch because I criticized Harden for not being a winner.  I don't care if he averages 70 points per game in the regular season.  He's not a guy you want when the games matter most.
Harden is just a regular season stat collector nothing more nothing less 

Paul is a DOOOOOOOOOOSH. 
Ah I could see MJ or Magic or Bird doing the something honestly. Douchey move but it's nice to see the competitiveness. However given Paul's track record in the playoffs for his career he probably should've just stayed quite 

I'd be pretty o.k. if they landed on him, all things considered. Would LeBron pay any attention to him though?
Given the utter incompetence exhibited by the front office and ownership, getting Vogel wouldn't be the worst thing they could do, which means they won't do it.  Of course, it's possible they could have had him on staff as an assistant if they had not utterly screwed up the negotiations with Lue.  

After Byron, Magic, and Rambis have helped sully many of the positive feelings I had of them from the halcyon days of Showtime, I hope that James Worthy and Kareem stay far away from coaching and/or front office positions.  

Most of the Rockets flops were ignored by the refs last night.  It was awesome to watch.   Not as awesome though as seeing Paul get called for 2 offensive fouls early, or as awesome as the late pushoff call on Harden vs Draymond.
I missed the game as I was at a Co workers retirement party last night so it's nice to here that. However my biggest gripe is are they just gonna ignore it from the rockets or are they gonna treat flopping the same way as they have for everyone else and call the foul? Like if Lebron or Embiid or Curry does it will they ignore it or call a foul on the other guy? The inconsistency is what drives me bat#### crazy about this league. For example I laugh when the refs call a moving screen once in a blue moon on the Warriors. That moving screen is almost every possession so call it.  

Some six figure executive sure earned their worth postponing two game 7s to Mother's Day.  No games today.  I don't understand how they thought HOU/GS game 6 Friday night was set for the early 12:30 game Sunday... so two of the best teams left would have got the least amount of rest?  

Magic improved by 17 wins the season after they fired him. They almost couldn’t possibly do worse. 
I thought Vogel would do what Clifford ended up doing in Orlando. Can’t say I followed the situation there closely but I’m not sure what to make of him now. 

Some six figure executive sure earned their worth postponing two game 7s to Mother's Day.  No games today.  I don't understand how they thought HOU/GS game 6 Friday night was set for the early 12:30 game Sunday... so two of the best teams left would have got the least amount of rest?  
Guess they figured the 3 full days both teams got off between games 2 and 3 would make up for it......still not exactly sure how some of the series were playing every other day but GS/HO played on a Tuesday and then not again until Saturday....

I missed the game as I was at a Co workers retirement party last night so it's nice to here that. However my biggest gripe is are they just gonna ignore it from the rockets or are they gonna treat flopping the same way as they have for everyone else and call the foul? Like if Lebron or Embiid or Curry does it will they ignore it or call a foul on the other guy? The inconsistency is what drives me bat#### crazy about this league. For example I laugh when the refs call a moving screen once in a blue moon on the Warriors. That moving screen is almost every possession so call it.  
That's fair.  When Curry flopped on a 3 in the 4th, they completely ignored it.  I thought the game was really well called overall.  For example, they botched a call on Bogut (he fouled Gordon as Gordon rolled off a screen), but then made a makeup call on the other end of the floor.  While I don't like makeup calls, it was fine and at least equal.

Tough loss for Rockets fans as everything was set up to finally defeat Golden State.  GS stepped up when they had to.  The Rockets seemed to rest on the laurels and continue with lackadaisical play.  No sense of urgency.  Frustrating watch.  Overall, I think the disappearance of Capela hurt them most.  He's been a key component of their great 2nd half and almost no involvement in the offense.  Oh well, I guess I'll be rooting for a Nuggets/Bucks final and you can take that to the bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can thank MJ for not playing for that one year too. That's the sad part. MJ plays that year Bulls probably have 6 titles. 

Also kind of crazy but I remember reading recently and then this was brought up in my 2K NBA game the other day but Chicago is the only team who has never lost an NBA finals series. I know it's only 6 finals but that's crazy. Though I think the topic was more Chicago is the only team in American sports to be undated in a finals title game of sorts but I'd have to double check that. 
Unfortunately in 1995, they couldn't beat the Magic with Jordan so there's that.  

I think rooting for a team led by a perennial loser who constantly disappears in the playoffs hurt them the most.
:lmao:   All you seem to do is $h*t on the best players in the nba.  If it's not Harden, it's Jokic or when 'your' Warriors are playing bad you start bashing them.  Not a great way to go through life.  Take care of yourself little buddy.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Timberwolves have never lost an NBA finals either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread