What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever watched Draymond Green play?  He's more important than 90% of the guys you listed 
Green's not playing with the focus he has so i can't completely agree, but failure of stops - Hou & Den in general & Phi's inability to handle one player when NONE of his teammates wanted to touch the ball - is the reason those teams are no longer in the playoffs

Capella said:
I’m using terrible a little loosely here. He’s not terrible like Andrew Wiggins or your mom but he’s definitely nowhere near as good as people seem to think he is. 
I'd agree with this. I've said before I'm not calling Ben a bust but he's no where close to the player some people believe he is or can be. I think Ben is a decent Floor general and can run the floor for a fast athletic Lob City type team but he's no where near Lebron. You can tell me how he's working on his Shot I don't care because I haven't seen it yet when it matter and tell me about all his Triple doubles he gets. Again Westbrook leads the league in this every year and how many titles do the Thunder have? 

Deamon said:
Dude you really gotta chill on your anti sixers stuff.  I've never seen someone on such an irrational mission before or been so happy when a team has lost.  Chill man.
It's pretty much true though. Toronto had how many open looks for 3? Even the commentators made mention how much of the open3 shots Toronto was getting and the game being closer than it should b ehad they hit on half of them. The Sixers were inconsistent all of this post season. Honestly if they played a better team then Brooklyn in the 1st round and played like they did it wouldn't have shocked me if they had been eliminated because thats how poorly they played. I mean credit to the Nets for hanging in that series but the Sixers missed amply opportunities to closeout a lot of those games. The Sixers continued to play inconsistent in the Toronto series and ended up still almost winning that series. The team never got a consistent rhythm going game to game. 

mr. furley said:
of all the things i don't understand, hiring & firing NBA coaches ranks way up there among the things i don't understand.

why was Brown even remotely considered to be in danger of losing his job? because of sizzling hot Stephen A takes? 

do the players not like him? does the front office not like him?
Some fans believe he gets out coached constantly or the reason Embiid and Ben are soft. I think some or a lot of this comes from upper management. There was rumblings in some articles over the last few yrs of Brown and Sixers management not seeing eye to eye and when Sam Hinkie was gone there was NBA coaching peers for Brown who basically told Windhorst, Woj, Shams and others that from talking to Brown it seemed that Brown felt lied to and ownership was talking out of both ends of promises etc for him. 

IMHO I don't think the team should be firing Brown if it was considered. I think Ownership needs to stop trying to micromanage and let Brown coach the San Antonio way. Take the kid gloves off of Ben and Joel. I think ownership is the one sending the message of treat them like kids because they are afraid of hurting their star players' "feelings" and theres only so much a coach can do. I think theres smoke about Brand wanting to get rid of Simmons at this years deadline among other things. I think Josh Harris and the owners want a Yes Man and I don't think Brown is it. The problem is Brown still has 3yrs and $15M on his deal and the ownership probably doesn't want to pay him all that either. Plus who is really out there? May Philly fans want Villanova's Jay Wright but that is a pipe dream. Thanks to a family I'm pretty close to the people at Nova and basically Wright has said numerous times he has zero interest in coaching in the NBA, he loves teaching the kids and recruiting and loves the college life style he has. The Campus loves him and community and college overall is in debt to him for what he's accomplished. If he's turning down UCLA he's turning down the 76ers too because he doesn't care about the money. He also hates the NBA atmosphere and basically letting the players run the show. 

Juxtatarot said:
Draft lottery is tonight.  Chances for Zion:

Knicks: 14%
Cavaliers: 14%
Suns: 14.0%
Bulls: 12.5%
Hawks: 10.5%
Wizards: 9%
Pelicans: 6%
Grizzlies: 6%
Mavericks: 6%
Lakers: 2%
Hornets: 1%
Heat: 1%
Sixers (from Kings): 1%

It would be uncool if the Sixers won.  Lakers too.  I also don't want the Cavs to win because they've had enough #1s in recent history.  My fingers and toes will be staying crossed all day.
I don't want Zion on CHI. From everything I've read and seen on the guy he's not a great fit for the Team. ESPN+ had an article of best fits for ZION and CHI was bottom 3 along with the 76ers and Lakers. The article said basically Zion could fit the Bulls but they'd have to make some moves and possible create bigger holes 

I don't want Zion on CHI. From everything I've read and seen on the guy he's not a great fit for the Team. ESPN+ had an article of best fits for ZION and CHI was bottom 3 along with the 76ers and Lakers. The article said basically Zion could fit the Bulls but they'd have to make some moves and possible create bigger holes 
If he's not a good fit, trade everyone else.

Long Ball Larry said:
Would they have had a superstar and 3 stars, which is what you need to win, right now along with cap flexibility without going through that process?  Doubtful.

Part of the problem with the whole evaluation, though, is that they short-circuited what Hinkie was going for (rightly or wrongly), brought in the tweeting clown, then ramped things up with Brand.  It's not like the whole "process" has been that clean.

They really had very little path to success where they were 6 years ago.  Is it possible that they could have gotten someone like Masai who could really build a team up without high picks?  Maybe (though those guys don't grow on trees and who knows why they realistically could have gotten).  But figuring out these counterfactuals is so fraught, if not impossible, so in the end I think that the main point is that the tanking certainly resulted in a net benefit.
Sam Hinkie Drafted Embiid!!!!!!! I kid I kid. I'm sorry that part of your post was too hard to pass on that Embiid joke 

Draft lottery results

14. Bos

13 MIA

12 Hornets

11 Timberwolves

10. Hawks

9. Wizards

8. Hawks

7. Bulls

6. Suns

5. Cavs

4. Lakers

3. Knicks

2. Grizzlies

1. Pelicans 

Major said:
"I don't think the sixers should do anything differently regarding next season " sounds complacent.  It's all good though.  I guess it's just part of the process.  
Gotta love the moral victories come on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread