What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars thread - Drunken Sailors at Mayport Shocked at Jags Spending *** (1 Viewer)

And I thought Marrone's decision to give it to Fournette on the 2 pointer was a bad one. You have a running QB, run play action, roll him out and give him the option to run or pass.

Any inside info here on Josh Oliver? Looking for some end of roster/taxi stashes and was wanting some more info on this guy. Seems raw but athletic with some decent measurables. 

Any inside info here on Josh Oliver? Looking for some end of roster/taxi stashes and was wanting some more info on this guy. Seems raw but athletic with some decent measurables. 
He's been dealing with a hamstring injury. He didn't practice yesterday so I doubt he plays Thursday.  But the 10 days after that  gives him a better chance of playing week 4.

Jaguars did get their top 2 left tackles and Ngakoue back practicing.

@JohnOehser: Jaguars not expected to practice Tue:
TE Josh Oliver (hamstring)
LB D.J. Alexander (hamstring)
CB Josh Robinson (foot)

Expected to practice: Lee (knee), Chark (ankle), Conley (hip), Bouye (hip), Harrison (ankle), Robinson (knee), Ogbuehi (hamstring), Ngakoue (hamstring).

So was Ramsey's beef with Marrone on Sunday about not challenging the Hopkins catch? If so, has Ramsey said anything about it since the replay pretty clearly showed that Hopkins caught the ball?
Partially. More like final straw after other issues listed above

Is DJ Chark the receiver to own on that offense now?  Drafted Dede Westbrook but thinking about making the switch.

I know the team was excited about him in camp, but as a small school rookie TE who sat out much of the preseason with injury, history would tell you to temper redraft expectations. 

From an NFL perspective, I’m hoping he explodes this year!

I'm not going to say it's not about the money because that's always part of it. There's more than that going on with Jalen Ramsey.

He's fed up and so are a lot of the fans. I don't like the way he's going about it but he isn't wrong about the Jags shortcomings. 
I'm not a Jags fan, but like them. Good read and puts a little perspective on Ramsey's frustration that I otherwise would not have been privy to. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Andy Dalton the best QB the Jags face in next 5 weeks?

@Denver (Flacco)

@ Carolina (Cam??Allen??)

Saints (TeddyB/Taysom)

@cincy (Dalton)

NYJets (Darnold???)

I'm a Minshew fan, going to be fun watching this team grow.

Do not lose faith although Ramsey leaving IMO could be really bad but I understand if fans fall in line with Owner/President and help him pack his bags and shake his hand on the way out. 

I don't think Marrone is a bad coach but he looked bad start of this season. I also think he blundered the 2 Pt call when he should have let Minshew do an option pass/run and then the 4th and 6 on the Titans 10 yd line last night and he decides to go for it nursing a 13 point lead seemed like avoidable risk.  

And one more thing...my memory is not what it used to be however I seem to recall a QB with the moxie that Minshew has and you knew it immediately when you saw it...some guy who I think is from Mississippi, might have gone on to quite a career in the NFL and ate lots of cheese. Now I'm not making a direct comparison to their level of play but Minshew has that "IT" factor and you can see the team responds to this guy. First people he was shaking hands with were his OL and they have that look in their eye like they know who they got back there and they're going to hold those blocks a half second longer, they're digging in because if they can get this kid an extra moment in the pocket, something good is going to happen. Props to the coaches and game plan last night, they had that kid in a position where he could succeed. 

@Denver (Flacco)

Saints (TeddyB/Taysom)

@cincy (Dalton)

NYJets (Darnold???)
Bingo!

Jags are a playoff level team and can win this division going 9-7, none of these teams are bullet proof. 

Some teams get better as the season rolls along, Jags are not going to finish where they started the season. It's a shame Jalen picked this moment to bully his way out of town. 

They held down the Texans to 13, shoulda won that game. They got screwed Week 1 losing Foles immediately however in hindsight or maybe at the end of the season they will have a terrific problem of 2 QBs for 1 spot. 

Denver will be tougher than it seems in Mile High, Carolina is in disarray same with Saints. B2B road games will be tough. There's a chance to get to 4-4 or better and then hit the 2nd half of the season. 

@phillip_heilman: Looking through the CBA, there is no limit about how much time a player can take for paternity leave. I believe CB Jalen Ramsey could be out for as long as he wants or needs. #Jaguars

For the record, I wholeheartedly support players being there for the birth of their child. Also, there is zero proof that anything in the Jaguars statement is false. I hope mother and baby are fine and everything goes well.

However, given how vague the statement is and the other drama, this feels ....convenient

@APMarkLong: Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey, speaking on @uninterrupted podcast, says he was really sick Monday. Says he threw up four times and needed IVs

@APMarkLong: Jaguars' Ramsey also talks about hugging teammates after Titans game:

"If this was the last one, it's been an honor to play alongside those guys."

For the record, I wholeheartedly support players being there for the birth of their child. Also, there is zero proof that anything in the Jaguars statement is false. I hope mother and baby are fine and everything goes well.

However, given how vague the statement is and the other drama, this feels ....convenient
Very convenient. I'm over it, ready to move on.

@Denver (Flacco)

Saints (TeddyB/Taysom)

@cincy (Dalton)

NYJets (Darnold???)
@SigmundBloom: If the Jaguars had trusted Gardner Minshew on the 2 point conversion at the end of Week 2, they would probably be all alone in first place with a 2-0 divisional record

Local TV news anchor

@LewTurner: This feeling is gonna last way more than 4 hours. Gonna need a trip to the ER.. GO JAGUARS BAAABAAYYYYYYY

@MiaOBrienTV: Fournette says the #Jaguars O-Line had a dinner this week and said “we’re gonna get you back this week” 

“It’s all about building that trust” 

Asked if he has to buy them dinner this week, Fournette: “Linder makes more money than me” 

😂😂😂

Doug Marrone deserves a great amount of credit here. This week was a trainwreck waiting to happen and he handled it masterfully. 

Lindsay Jones in The Athletic has a nice piece about Minshew and his family. Excerpts-

As Flint, his sister and friend settle into their seats in the corner of the east end zone about an hour before kickoff, a plane circles over the stadium, pulling a banner dedicated to Gardner: “GARDNER MINSHEW CAN THROW OVER MOUNTAINS #DUUVAL.”

John Phillips, a Jacksonville lawyer and Jaguars season ticket holder, raised $1,100 on GoFundMe.com to commission the banner and hire the pilot last week after meeting Minshew at a Jaguars television show following the Week 3 win over Tennessee. (Phillips has purchased similar banners before home games and before road playoff games in the 2017 season. He initially wanted Sunday’s banner to read “These are just foothills to Minshew” before a colleague told Phillips he was missing the obvious “Napoleon Dynamite” Uncle Rico reference.)

“Jacksonville needs this. We need something positive,” Phillips said in a phone interview before Sunday’s game. “We’ve almost had the quarterback for all these years, all the way back to Byron Leftwich. It just hasn’t worked out for whatever reason. But Gardner was never a part of that. He’s so down to Earth. He could be the guy next door, your brother, your son, your uncle.”

Even before kickoff, Flint allows himself to wonder what the scene might be like at the Jaguars’ next home game, against the Saints, in two weeks, and his sister, Vicki, predicted mini-Minshew will be the most popular Halloween costume in North Florida.

It might seem odd that so many people have been so quickly drawn to his son, but Flint isn’t too surprised. Gardner might have more ridiculous facial hair and might wear tighter jean shorts than most other quarterbacks, but somehow, he’s relatable.

“I think it’s because he’s more of a normal guy. He wasn’t a blue-chip recruit, none of that. He’s just guy who is comfortable being who he is. He’s quirky or whatever, but that’s just his own personality, and people can relate to that,” Flint said.

just wanted to stop by and wish you all well in here rooting for the most storied franchise in the history of all football since it was created by walter camp in none other than jacksonville at an exact location which is now the jaguars fan zone by the south endzone so keep on keepin on just like you have for hundreds of years you crazy jacksonville fans take that to the bank bromigos

At least our long North Florida nightmare is over.

@AdamSchefter: It’s happening: Former Jaguars’ CB Jalen Ramsey is being traded to the LA Rams for two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source tells ESPN.

@NFLosophy: Jags held out for a better deal and actually got it. That almost never happens. Rams got desperate.

@APMarkLong: Fantasy 🚨: Jaguars rookie TE Josh Oliver was a full participant in practice today, on schedule to make his NFL debut at Bengals

Also running with first team.

Users who are viewing this thread