What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 Jacksonville Jaguars thread - Drunken Sailors at Mayport Shocked at Jags Spending *** (1 Viewer)

Are they making Todd Wash the sacrificial lamb?

@alexmarvez: Source tells @NFLonFOX that @Jaguars have interviewed Jim Schwartz for their defensive coordinator vacancy

i am thankful for another season of you guys keeping me updated about the most storied fanchise in the history of the nfl keep on keepin on bromigos take that to the bank 

This just seems like a garbage organization. 

What's up with the report that 25% of NFLPA grievances came out of Jacksonville? 

oh God no.

if they do that then that lends credence to the Jags to London conspiracy theory. Surefire way to drive down season ticket sales

@RapSheet: From @NFLGameDay: There is a "good chance" #Jaguars coach Doug Marrone and GM Dave Caldwell return in 2020 following the firing of EVP Tom Coughlin, sources say... and Tony Khan could take on an increased role. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1208783508845604864/video/1
Khan trying to kill off the rest of the season ticket base

@RapSheet: The Jaguars today will play two of their home games at Wembley Stadium over consecutive Sundays in London in 2020, making them the first team in NFL history to play two home games outside of the United States in the same regular season. Opponents TBD. Big news.

@MadeByTim: Taking two home game is a blatant slap in the face to community.

Remove Jacksonville, Duval, Bold City, etc off anything connected with the jaguars. 

It’s disingenuous to claim this city when every decision by ownership is to be associated with it as little as possible.

Last calendar year

- overpaid for Foles

- failed to cure their perennial problem with OL

- pissed off Telvin Smith ti "retire"

- played My Way or the Highway with Jalen Ramsey

- failed to re-sign Ngakoue

-lucked into  finding a popular young mobile QB but benched him even though the OL couldn't give Foles times in the pocket 

- offered up TC as a sacrificial lamb but only after publicly embarrassed by the NFLPA.

- brought back a mediocre HC and failing DC along with an incompetent GM.

- announced they're only playing 75% of home games that count at home. (but 100% of fake home games at home)

I'm very curious to know how players are taxed on out of country games?  Is this a win for Jags and "visiting" team players or is it a loss for them is what I specifically would like to know.

I'm very curious to know how players are taxed on out of country games?  Is this a win for Jags and "visiting" team players or is it a loss for them is what I specifically would like to know.
probably a loss especially for the Jaguars players with no state income tax.

@phillip_heilman: Since Shad Khan became owner, #Jaguars have now had losing streaks of six games or more six different times. 

7 in 2012 
8 in 2013
6 in 2014
9 in 2016 
7 in 2018 
6 in 2020

Better keep Marrone on to finish out the last 5 losses

@AdamSchefter: Jaguars have fired GM Dave Caldwell, per sources.

@APMarkLong: Jaguars coach Doug Marrone and his staff will remain in place through the end of the season.

New GM likely will make the call on Marrone.

@APMarkLong: Jaguars coach Doug Marrone and his staff will remain in place through the end of the season.

New GM likely will make the call on Marrone.
Good.  Don't need an interim coach providing some kind of spark to #### up draft position. 

Also, put Luton back in. He gives us the best chance to lose.

Marrone made a QB announcement this morning. As they say down here, "Well, bless his heart."

@ESPNdirocco: Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said QB Mike Glennon will get his second consecutive start. Jaguars play at Minnesota on Sunday. Says Glennon gives them best chance to win right now.

Marrone made a QB announcement this morning. As they say down here, "Well, bless his heart."

@ESPNdirocco: Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said QB Mike Glennon will get his second consecutive start. Jaguars play at Minnesota on Sunday. Says Glennon gives them best chance to win right now.
Lol.

Don't #### up our tank, Glennon.

Just 2 games left, Doug. Keep up the motivational stuff.

@JohnOehser: 4.#Jaguars HC Doug Marrone declined to name a starting quarterback for next Sunday immediately after a loss to the Ravens, saying he was focused on supporting players and coaches: “I’m not ready to say this or that, and all this other stuff, or really comment on playing time.”

@JohnOehser: 8.#Jaguars HC Doug Marrone: “I told them, ‘Hey listen, we came out here today and this team was clearly the better team today. … There are some things I thought we did well but I’m not going to point those out. Obviously, we weren’t good enough at all those...’’’

Watching the game as a Ravens fan, I thought the Jags' OLine was horrific. Baltimore's not been able to get any kind of interior push all season (& their best guy - Campbell - was out), and they just destroyed the pocket yesterday. I felt bad for Minshew and Robinson, because there was no time and no where to go.

I like some of Jacksonville's pieces - Robinson, the WRs, Jack, and some others - and they should be able to attract a good coach/GM combo now that they have the inside track on Lawrence (if they don't Jets it up) and a slew of draft picks/cap space. I could see a pretty quick turnaround if they put some smart people in charge and get that line fixed.

Watching the game as a Ravens fan, I thought the Jags' OLine was horrific. Baltimore's not been able to get any kind of interior push all season (& their best guy - Campbell - was out), and they just destroyed the pocket yesterday. I felt bad for Minshew and Robinson, because there was no time and no where to go.

I like some of Jacksonville's pieces - Robinson, the WRs, Jack, and some others - and they should be able to attract a good coach/GM combo now that they have the inside track on Lawrence (if they don't Jets it up) and a slew of draft picks/cap space. I could see a pretty quick turnaround if they put some smart people in charge and get that line fixed.
Minshew won some games last year. He face the Bears at home and @ IND. Both teams will be playing for something, so I see 2 mores losses.

Could a kings ransom pry Lawrence away from the Jags? Say Becton, a 2nd this year and 1st in 2022 from the Jets?

Owner Shad Khan, meanwhile, interviewed current ESPN analyst Louis Riddick and former Houston executive Rick Smith for the team's general manager position Wednesday. Khan fired Dave Caldwell late last month and made former San Francisco executive Trent Baalke the interim GM.

Riddick, who gained front office experience as director of pro personnel for the Philadelphia Eagles (2010-13) and was a scout with the Eagles and Washington before that, already interviewed for GM openings in Houston and Detroit. Smith, who spent a dozen seasons as Texans GM, already met with Atlanta and is expected to also interview with Detroit.

Minshew won some games last year. He face the Bears at home and @ IND. Both teams will be playing for something, so I see 2 mores losses.

Could a kings ransom pry Lawrence away from the Jags? Say Becton, a 2nd this year and 1st in 2022 from the Jets?
You serious Clark? You forget 2 or 3 more 1sts?

Still need to lose next week. The 33rd pick is valuable. Hope the new GM doesn't #### it up like the last one, and all the other ones before.

Users who are viewing this thread