What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Donald Trump impeachment poll (1 Viewer)

Should they?

• Yes and I'm anti-Trump

Votes: 79 46.5%
  • Yes and I'm a Trump supporter

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Yes and I'm neutral on Trump

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • No and I'm anti-Trump

Votes: 42 24.7%
  • No and I'm a Trump supporter

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • No and I'm neutral on Trump

Votes: 17 10.0%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 17 10.0%

• Total voters
How about I propose using the Constitution.  It has nothing to do with law enforcement.  It has to do with the Senate and House and what constitutes “treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.”  The founders gave pretty clear guideance, but they also kept it open.  Based on the guidance that the founders of this country provided, I do not see how one can equate obstruction with treason or bribery.  
You need to do more research. The Federalist papers make it clear that obstruction is more than enough for impeachment. 

For month the trump-haters have mocked trump supporters because they believed the trump supporters would not accept the results of the investigation..... :lmao:
Some don’t seem to accept the actual results.  Which is why they keep repeating complete lies about it despite the truth being clearly shown to them.  

Not sure why that’s funny to you.

You say there's no way anyone can be neutral on Trump.

Then people tell you that yes, it can happen and that they themselves are neutral on Trump.

Then you tell them they're wrong and it can't be so.

Classic
Actually one of the first ones told me I’m in right.  But you seem very interested in a trivial point I made about the word neutral.  That’s odd. 

If you cant prove over 2 years, it probably didnt happen. There isnt cum on a dress. 

Should our legal standard be if there isnt enough to convict... go ahead and try anyway? 

And are we really going to sit here and say what Trump did is worse than what Hillary did? I'm fine opening the flood gates on dems. Let's clear house. I doubt care. But think about it. There are reasons top dems dont want this... they arent stupid. Or they are. Your call
While I have been pretty adamant I think impeaching President Trump is a waste of time, I have to say the bolded above happens all the time.  The prosecution doesn't always have a slam dunk case.  They might think they have enough to convict, but obviously that isn't always the case.  

So yeah, we are perfectly allowed to go ahead and try anyway, as long as we all stay under the "innocent till proven guilty" protections.

For month the trump-haters have mocked trump supporters because they believed the trump supporters would not accept the results of the investigation..... :lmao:
Can I get a list of the people who you think have not accepted the results of the investigation?

It seems like most of the anti-Trump people here have accepted the results of the investigation.  It is the pro-Trump crowd that is struggling with the actual Mueller report - what it says, and what it means.

On the obstruction charge alone - the results of the investigation show that Mueller found several instances of obstruction, but, per DOJ policy, it is not his place to make that determination.  Instead Mueller laid out the facts for congress to wrestle with - consistent with DOJ policy and the constitution.

On the conspiracy charge - Mueller did not establish evidence sufficient to charge anyone with conspiracy - but when you read the facts that were developed, and you see a rather ugly picture (assuming you are pro-American) - of both the Russian efforts, and the Trump campaign willingness to benefit from those efforts directly and indirectly.  In any normal times - that alone would be enough to sink a presidency, even without criminal charges.  (Imagine if this was President Hillary Clinton's campaign - the right would be apoplectic.)

Can I get a list of the people who you think have not accepted the results of the investigation?

It seems like most of the anti-Trump people here have accepted the results of the investigation.  It is the pro-Trump crowd that is struggling with the actual Mueller report - what it says, and what it means.

On the obstruction charge alone - the results of the investigation show that Mueller found several instances of obstruction, but, per DOJ policy, it is not his place to make that determination.  Instead Mueller laid out the facts for congress to wrestle with - consistent with DOJ policy and the constitution.

On the conspiracy charge - Mueller did not establish evidence sufficient to charge anyone with conspiracy - but when you read the facts that were developed, and you see a rather ugly picture (assuming you are pro-American) - of both the Russian efforts, and the Trump campaign willingness to benefit from those efforts directly and indirectly.  In any normal times - that alone would be enough to sink a presidency, even without criminal charges.  (Imagine if this was President Hillary Clinton's campaign - the right would be apoplectic.)
:goodposting:

If Mueller isn’t going to charge him, the DOJ isn’t going to charge him, and a Democratic House isn’t going to impeach him then Trump has, for all intents and purposes, been proven correct.

I’m actually surprised the House isn’t going to impeach him.  They are basically just handing him the win.  The rest of their antics are meaningless.  Not much point in having teeth if you are just continue to drool and gum things.

If Mueller isn’t going to charge him, the DOJ isn’t going to charge him, and a Democratic House isn’t going to impeach him then Trump has, for all intents and purposes, been proven correct.

I’m actually surprised the House isn’t going to impeach him.  They are basically just handing him the win.  The rest of their antics are meaningless.  Not much point in having teeth if you are just continue to drool and gum things.
He's only proven that he knows how to play the system. He was protected by the DOJ saying you can't indict a siting president and being able to handpick an AG who was willing to protect and mislead for him.  And knowing there's zero chance that the corrupt Republican senate would ever vote to remove him from office makes impeachment a political gamble. "Handing him the win" is what they fear going through the motions of an impeachment trial will end up doing in 2020.  

Trump is even more guilty of crimes now than he was when the report was finished. Every day he continues to obstruct justice by ignoring having his staff ignore subpoenas. He knows that any contempt of congress charges won't be punishable until they go through......you guessed it, his handpicked protector, William Barr. He won. He rigged the system to make him above the law.

He's only proven that he knows how to play the system. He was protected by the DOJ saying you can't indict a siting president and being able to handpick an AG who was willing to protect and mislead for him.  And knowing there's zero chance that the corrupt Republican senate would ever vote to remove him from office makes impeachment a political gamble. "Handing him the win" is what they fear going through the motions of an impeachment trial will end up doing in 2020.  

Trump is even more guilty of crimes now than he was when the report was finished. Every day he continues to obstruct justice by ignoring having his staff ignore subpoenas. He knows that any contempt of congress charges won't be punishable until they go through......you guessed it, his handpicked protector, William Barr. He won. He rigged the system to make him above the law.
He certainly didn’t rig Mueller and he definitely can’t rig the House impeachment process.

Feel free to keep gumming at it though.  Maybe add some thrashing about for effect.  Just make sure you don’t actually do anything meaningful.

Last edited by a moderator:

:goodposting:

This is a really good point, and it's basically the procedural basis for impeaching him. It's Congress' role. Exactly.

The Russia thread has been pretty interesting with the recent influx of Trumpites IMO because after the Barr letter Trumpites danced, but after the Mueller report investigation supporters pointed to the report while most Trumpites did not return and those that did either undercut the Mueller report or strictly pointed to Barr or just the president if Barr failed them. It's been a demonstration of why Trump wanted that Barr letter and why he wanted his own AG in there.

The Russia thread has been pretty interesting with the recent influx of Trumpites IMO because after the Barr letter Trumpites danced, but after the Mueller report investigation supporters pointed to the report while most Trumpites did not return and those that did either undercut the Mueller report or strictly pointed to Barr or just the president if Barr failed them. It's been a demonstration of why Trump wanted that Barr letter and why he wanted his own AG in there.
None of the “incidents” detailed by Mueller amount to obstruction.  Barr was probably so embarrassed that his former colleagues would raise such frivolous claims, that he felt compelled to fulfill his role of making a determination.  Rosenstein, who once offered to wear a wire, concurred with Barr.

None of the “incidents” detailed by Mueller amount to obstruction.  Barr was probably so embarrassed that his former colleagues would raise such frivolous claims, that he felt compelled to fulfill his role of making a determination.  Rosenstein, who once offered to wear a wire, concurred with Barr.
Mueller says otherwise. At least half and maybe as many as 7-8 definitely are. Barr/Trump hang their hat on the unitary executive power theory and that applies to the firing of Comey and Sessions only, even if you accept that at face value.

Rove I do find it interesting you think that matters though.
This is the new, though completely predictable, talking point.  The GOP doesn't care that he TRIED to obstruct justice and was foiled by people simply refusing to do what he said.  He wasn't successful so they aren't too concerned about the particulars of those conversations.  

This is the new, though completely predictable, talking point.  The GOP doesn't care that he TRIED to obstruct justice and was foiled by people simply refusing to do what he said.  He wasn't successful so they aren't too concerned about the particulars of those conversations.  
Raising an issue about a potentisl conflict of interest is not obstruction.  Publicly pronouncing your innocence is nit obstruction. Truthfully spinning a statement to the press is not obstruction.  

Raising an issue about a potentisl conflict of interest is not obstruction.  Publicly pronouncing your innocence is nit obstruction. Truthfully spinning a statement to the press is not obstruction.  
Is obstructing every investigation by refusing to cooperate considered obstruction in your eyes?

Is obstructing every investigation by refusing to cooperate considered obstruction in your eyes?
Mueller got all of the documents he asked for.  He interviewed every administration official and campaign official he wanted to. In the case of the President, there is precedent that certain requirements need to be met for a sit down.  Mueller settled for the written and it was all done legal and proper.

Mueller got all of the documents he asked for.  He interviewed every administration official and campaign official he wanted to. In the case of the President, there is precedent that certain requirements need to be met for a sit down.  Mueller settled for the written and it was all done legal and proper.
No he didn’t, Trump & Jr didn’t interview for starters, and Junior May have taken the 5th.

I have no idea why you quoted my comments to make your own :oldunsure:  

Nonsense. He refused to be interviewed. Jr. pleaded the fifth. Trump ordered the IRS not to honor the subpoena for his tax returns. He ordered McGahn not to honor the subpoena to testify. Barr is now saying he won't testify unless it's done his way....

The obstruction continues day after day.  And you're fine with it?

Nonsense. He refused to be interviewed. Jr. pleaded the fifth. Trump ordered the IRS not to honor the subpoena for his tax returns. He ordered McGahn not to honor the subpoena to testify. Barr is now saying he won't testify unless it's done his way....

The obstruction continues day after day.  And you're fine with it?
Obstruction would apply to the mueller investigation, nit the wild fantasies of Congress.   With respect to Congress, asserting legal rights is not obstruction of justice and that will all be settled in the courts. You are conflating a number of things here.

Obstruction would apply to the mueller investigation, nit the wild fantasies of Congress.   With respect to Congress, asserting legal rights is not obstruction of justice and that will all be settled in the courts. You are conflating a number of things here.
Why oh why is it that the Trumpites who argue that the president is exonerated refuse to rely on the Mueller report for that point?

So you no longer believe that it's the house of representatives' job to provide oversight to the executive branch?  Or only when it could get them in trouble?

Users who are viewing this thread