What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick The Footballguy Out Of A Lineup (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
This came up in another thread. 

I made the comment I have a gift where I can guess what an online poster looks like. I'm betting others can too. @TobiasFunke and others said we should make this it's own thread. 

We'll have to figure out a way to do it and be kind.

We should do a thing where it's a poll for each poster and there are 5 pictures to vote for and one of them is the real picture of the poster. It'll be like a reverse who's hottest. 

We'll put someone above board like @Ditkaless Wonders in charge to set up the polls each time where only he knows which pic is the real one. We'll have Ditkaless Wonders go first and then he can be the poll master  :unsure:  from there. 

DW, what do you say?

I am certain I do not have the time for this.  This thread, once it gets going, is going to be extremely popular and I have a trial coming up.  Thanks for the consideration though.  It sounds fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a search for these "Who's Hottest" threads and saw that they were not allowed.

Why would this be allowed instead?  Is it because it will be mostly "men"?
I think he was being sarcastic, we aren't actually playing who is ugliest. Also we are voluntarily putting our pictures up as opposed to posting pictures of some random college girls on spring break. 

I think he was being sarcastic, we aren't actually playing who is ugliest. Also we are voluntarily putting our pictures up as opposed to posting pictures of some random college girls on spring break. 
I thought same. 

But, who would be selected as the lineup fillers? 

Real inmates, perhaps? 

Yes. Sorry. That was sarcastic. 

it's more a pick the FBG out of the lineup. Thus the Title.

We used to do this at The Huddle. Mystery Huddler. It was a riot. 

The Emcee would post a photo or two with clues, and then the guessing would commence. If nobody would get it, they would post another photo or two with some more clues.

So dang fun. Some of the photos and responses -  :lol:
They would post a real photo of the poster and the crowd would try to guess which poster it was?

The Emcee would post a photo or two with clues, and then the guessing would commence. If nobody would get it, they would post another photo or two with some more clues.

I saw that. Good - great! 

Sadly, I never got involved. 

They would post a real photo of the poster and the crowd would try to guess which poster it was?
Yes. The poster would send 3 or 4 photos to whoever was facilitating it, along with some clues like:

Favorite sports team

Where they were from

Favorite band

The photos were usually a mix of older and newer photos. Just hilarious. 

I think the only way to do it is like others said, have a facilitator who knows who everyone is and posts clues slowly as people guess. 

Kinda odd that this is okay but we can't discuss female pictures that are safe for work and were put online willingly.

NTTAWWT

This was also done over at FFToday with sometimes outdated photos of posters. Folks would submit their own photos that were mercilessly mocked until the poster was revealed.  I think the norm was submitting 2 or 3.  A couple older ones and a newer one. 

Yes. The poster would send 3 or 4 photos to whoever was facilitating it, along with some clues like:

Favorite sports team

Where they were from

Favorite band

The photos were usually a mix of older and newer photos. Just hilarious. 
That could for sure be fun. 

And you're saying all of the pictures posted are actual real pictures of the poster, right?

From previous pictures it would be too easy..look for a pasty white, mid to late 40s guy with a gut, cargo shorts that are too big and a wrinkled Old Navy polo shirt with a phone clipped to his belt. :)

Go for it!

I was a Mystery Huddler.

one of the pictures I submitted had my daughter as a toddler in it....she has a 1 y.o. kid of her own now. :old:

Ok. Someon PM me with links to 3-4 pictures of yourself. We'll try one of these with the Mystery Footballguy maybe Friday and see how it goes. 
Awesome. 

If I remember, the Emcee would do something like this:

Post link to picture #1. Followed by basic clues like:

- lives West of the Mississippi

- loves fast food

- favorite type of music is country

Then people would guess for an hour or so. Then:

Post link to picture #2. Followed by more direct clues:

- favorite sport is baseball

- thinks wine drinkers are silly

People would guess for another hour or so. Then:

Post link to pictures #3 and #4: Followed by clues that narrow it down even more:

- Is a fan of the Oakland Raiders

- Favorite band is Led Zeppelin

The honoree would usually hang back until all the photos were posted, followed by the guessing. After another hour or two, he would reveal himself. 

It was great. Thanks for doing this.  :thumbup:

This came up in another thread. 

I made the comment I have a gift where I can guess what an online poster looks like. I'm betting others can too. @TobiasFunke and others said we should make this it's own thread. 

We'll have to figure out a way to do it and be kind.

We should do a thing where it's a poll for each poster and there are 5 pictures to vote for and one of them is the real picture of the poster. It'll be like a reverse who's hottest. 

We'll put someone above board like @Ditkaless Wonders in charge to set up the polls each time where only he knows which pic is the real one. We'll have Ditkaless Wonders go first and then he can be the poll master  :unsure:  from there. 

DW, what do you say?
Wait... are we now allowed to post pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread