What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 San Francisco 49ers thread *** NEW 2020 THREAD LINK INSIDE (1 Viewer)

This game is gonna be very tough. Healthy Cook and Theilen this isn't a normal 6 seed.
Wow, thought provoking analysis there captain obvious. Good thing the Niners are about to get 3 of their best defensive players back for the game. Best case scenario for them IMO. The Saints were their biggest obstacle to the SB. 

Wow, thought provoking analysis there captain obvious. Good thing the Niners are about to get 3 of their best defensive players back for the game. Best case scenario for them IMO. The Saints were their biggest obstacle to the SB. 
Wow

This Vikings’ team scares me a little. Competent QB playing fairly well, all pro RB, two excellent WRs, a TE awoken from the dead, and an above average defense.

I guess every team will scare you at this point. The Saints were prob the team I wanted to avoid the most, Eagles were the team I wanted to play the most.

Up in the air about making a trip to Miami should it come to that this year. My son (just turned 7) is really into football for the first time this season (and luckily the 49ers are good)... Could create a lifelong memory for him. If they got there, we went, and they lost, that would really suck though.

I guess every team will scare you at this point. 
I figured it would be Seattle or Minnesota next week. Both present their own problems and neither game would be easy. Although Philly hung in there, I didn’t really see them winning this game. 

Wilson is a better QB than Cousins and plays a style the 49ers have more problems with, so while Minnesota is a good team, I like the match up better for the Niners to move on to championship Sunday, especially since the game is outside. Homerism aside, I think the 49ers are the best NFC team remaining after the Saints got bounced.  Getting Tartt back is huge and if Ford can actually play 25-30 snaps without getting hurt, that would make a big difference in getting to Cousins.  

You are such a tool.   :lol:  

Cousins was giving me a little bit of a Flacco 2012 vibe today  :oldunsure: . Not flashy but hung in there and made a few timely and seemingly low percentage throws. 

Up in the air about making a trip to Miami should it come to that this year. My son (just turned 7) is really into football for the first time this season (and luckily the 49ers are good)... Could create a lifelong memory for him. If they got there, we went, and they lost, that would really suck though.
I live in Tampa and am gonna try to get tickets to next year's SB...the 49ers will definitely be in the hunt and Id love to see my team in the only SB I'd ever go to. 

Im less than 30 min from Raymond James stadium, we're thinking about air b&b'ing 1 or both of our spare bedrooms out for super bowl week and make a lil extra scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Tampa and am gonna try to get tickets to next year's SB...the 49ers will definitely be in the hunt and Id love to see my team in the only SB I'd ever go to. 

Im less than 30 min from Raymond James stadium, we're thinking about air b&b'ing 1 or both of our spare bedrooms out for super bowl week and make a lil extra scratch.
why not try to go to Miami this year? looks like it's going to be a GREAT game no matter who is there. Rodgers or Wilson ( both hall of fame QBs) , SF, Lamar Jackson, Mahomie, etc.

I like where this SB is headed.if we get SF/Balt it's going to be a great game. or GB/Kc ,etc.

and it's the first SB in 49 years that doesn't involve that damn team from NE. ding dong the witch is dead. 

I'm in West Palm area, doing a day trip to the SB , either buy tix beforehand or just scalp if possible. if anyone is selling 2 tix,  HMU in private.

why not try to go to Miami this year? looks like it's going to be a GREAT game no matter who is there. Rodgers or Wilson ( both hall of fame QBs) , SF, Lamar Jackson, Mahomie, etc.

I like where this SB is headed.if we get SF/Balt it's going to be a great game. or GB/Kc ,etc.

and it's the first SB in 49 years that doesn't involve that damn team from NE. ding dong the witch is dead. 

I'm in West Palm area, doing a day trip to the SB , either buy tix beforehand or just scalp if possible. if anyone is selling 2 tix,  HMU in private.
It’s a pretty big expense, I wouldn’t really want that unless it was SF playing.

I’d also be careful scalping tickets or buying without a guaranteed refund, pretty easy to lose a few K like that. 

Cousins was giving me a little bit of a Flacco 2012 vibe today  :oldunsure: . Not flashy but hung in there and made a few timely and seemingly low percentage throws. 
####### A, exact same thoughts too...

Really hope not, that bum was taken over by Montana for a month during their run. 

Tanner9919 said:

Nah, Ive never been to a SB and have been planning on going to the one next year in Tampa since it was announced. No 4 hour drive (one way), no hotel to worry about, etc. Plus we have 2 friends up north that are planning on coming down, staying with us, and going to the game (assuming I can get 4 tickets together). When I decided I wanted to go, I was hoping the 49ers would be a good team by then and possibly contend...and lookie what has happened. :pickle:

efactor said:
I figured it would be Seattle or Minnesota next week. Both present their own problems and neither game would be easy. Although Philly hung in there, I didn’t really see them winning this game. 

Wilson is a better QB than Cousins and plays a style the 49ers have more problems with, so while Minnesota is a good team, I like the match up better for the Niners to move on to championship Sunday, especially since the game is outside. Homerism aside, I think the 49ers are the best NFC team remaining after the Saints got bounced.  Getting Tartt back is huge and if Ford can actually play 25-30 snaps without getting hurt, that would make a big difference in getting to Cousins.  
This. Cousins is gonna be seeing ghosts with Bosa and Ford coming at him all day. Curious to see how much Earl Mitchell plays and how effective he is stopping the run, it could be the shot in the middle we need since losing DJ Jones.

And I assume we're all gonna be rooting for Green Bay next week...Id much rather play them again than Seattle, although beating Pete Carroll in the NFCCG would be so friggin sweet.

This. Cousins is gonna be seeing ghosts with Bosa and Ford coming at him all day. Curious to see how much Earl Mitchell plays and how effective he is stopping the run, it could be the shot in the middle we need since losing DJ Jones.

And I assume we're all gonna be rooting for Green Bay next week...Id much rather play them again than Seattle, although beating Pete Carroll in the NFCCG would be so friggin sweet.
One can only hope!

Agree on GB, but I would love to end Seattle/Wilson/Carroll's season though. 

Hate the 1:30 Saturday start from a fan perspective.  Wish it was the late game to make for a better football/BBQ event.................

Hate the 1:30 Saturday start from a fan perspective.  Wish it was the late game to make for a better football/BBQ event.................
Helps the team though I think... no chance to look ahead to next wk given they have no idea who they're gonna be playing and gives Vikings the minimum amount of time to prepare and rest.

Two words: Grilled wings.

I dont mind the start time here in Eastern time zone. I can get up, get any running around or stuff around the house done, and settle in an hour before game time and get a nice buzz goin...

Two words: Grilled wings.

I dont mind the start time here in Eastern time zone. I can get up, get any running around or stuff around the house done, and settle in an hour before game time and get a nice buzz goin...
5:30 is just a better all around time for west coasters for an event type game like this.  Less guilt drinking after 5:00 

This is awesome. What a souvenir!!

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/jimmy-garoppolo-connects-49ers-fan-souvenir-seahawks-win

“I was actually on my phone and I didn’t even know what was happening,” Pinelli said on The 49ers Insider Podcast. “I was texting my friends, saying how awesome the game was. And a bunch of Seahawks fans had their backs to field, walking up.

“I looked up from my phone to see the ball just coming towards me, like a row over. So once I saw it, I got into the aisle, and I had to push a Seahawks fan over and I jumped on the ball.”

After securing the football, Pinelli shoved it under his shirt for safe-keeping.

Then, he began to consider the historical significance of the ball. Because the 49ers-Seahawks game was flexed into "Sunday Night Football," it was the final ball used in a regular-season game this season, this decade and in the first 100 years of the NFL.

Pinelli said he would like to get the ball autographed and framed as a keepsake from, perhaps, the most significant regular-season game in 49ers history.

Garoppolo said he “definitely” would sign the ball for Pinelli. He was just glad it ended up safely in a 49ers fan's hands.

For those east coast fans, I'm pretty happy with the 4:30 time. Not a ton of 49ers' fans around here, so I've got a pretty good day mapped out for me & the fam. Putting on our Bosa jerseys, going bowling to get the juices going, then going to hit a local park (weather permitting) to throw the ball around, quick stop in the supermarket to get some game food to cook, then the game. Ends around 8pm, wind the kids down, put them to bed, watch a movie with the wife (while keeping tabs on Balt to see if Tenn can pull off the upset). 

Wife refuses to allow me to get her a jersey, yet wants to go to Miami for SB weekend :rolleyes:

So, reading this I come to the conclusion that 49er fans believe coronation is a foregone conclusion.  they will beat the Vikings and move on through whoever is next, Packers or Seahawks though they would prefer the style points of whooping the Seahawks.  The biggest concern is style points and gustatory opportunities, not winning.  Awfully confident for a team who has yet to prove anything.  I'm not saying you shouldn't be after the butt-whooping you guys gave my Packers, but sometimes life affords us lessons in humility. 

Anyhow, don't listen to me.  Ride the wave of euphoria, surf right around the outcroppings of harsh disappointment and land on the beach of Victory where the girls are beautiful, imaginative, and uninhibited. 

So, reading this I come to the conclusion that 49er fans believe coronation is a foregone conclusion. 
Must have poor reading comprehension then. Most 49er fans think this will be a good game and by no means a foregone conclusion. I know Packers fans are sensitive when it comes to the Niners since they have had your number for much of the last decade but your comment is a huge reach and weak fishing attempt.

From the above quotes:

This Vikings’ team scares me a little. Competent QB playing fairly well, all pro RB, two excellent WRs, a TE awoken from the dead, and an above average defense
Cousins was giving me a little bit of a Flacco 2012 vibe today  :oldunsure:  . Not flashy but hung in there and made a few timely and seemingly low percentage throws. 
I figured it would be Seattle or Minnesota next week. Both present their own problems and neither game would be easy. 

So, reading this I come to the conclusion that 49er fans believe coronation is a foregone conclusion.  they will beat the Vikings and move on through whoever is next, Packers or Seahawks though they would prefer the style points of whooping the Seahawks.  The biggest concern is style points and gustatory opportunities, not winning.  Awfully confident for a team who has yet to prove anything.  I'm not saying you shouldn't be after the butt-whooping you guys gave my Packers, but sometimes life affords us lessons in humility. 

Anyhow, don't listen to me.  Ride the wave of euphoria, surf right around the outcroppings of harsh disappointment and land on the beach of Victory where the girls are beautiful, imaginative, and uninhibited. 
Forgone conclusion? No. But do I think the 49ers will win? Yes. There would be no point in talking about who we'd prefer to face in the Championship round if we thought we were gonna lose this week, and we have no reason to think the Vikings will beat the 49ers at home, especially with the Tartt, Ford, and possibly Kwon back this week. I havent looked at Cousins' numbers under pressure, but I for one dont think he will respond to it well if the 49ers pass rush shows up (and I think it will with Dee Ford back). IMO the biggest thing to watch is gonna be 3rd downs - I dont see the Vikings converting a high percentage against the 49ers defense that is rested and healthier than its been since the Packers game.

Interesting take.  I don't see anyone here saying they have an easy run to the super bowl.  49er fans on this site are a pretty conservative group as far as talking the team up. As for myself, I am confident if they play to their capabilities that they are the best team in the NFC at this point, but sure don't expect an easy game against a really good Viking team.  

As far as 'style points", a couple of people have said that beating Seattle would be the most fun road to the super bowl, which I'm sure Seahawk fans have the same feelings about beating SF to go to the big game.  My guess is you would get an extra thrill if the Packers beat Minnesota or Chicago (if they were still in it).  Always more sweet to beat a hated rival. 

I agree that the 49ers appear to be the class of the NFC.  How could I think otherwise after they absolutely dismantled my Packers team a few short weeks ago?  Just seemed a bit overconfident to me, that's all. I understand it, I just have superstitions, I suppose, against expressing it.  I am a "One game at a time" guy in the playoffs even while in my head I think ahead.  I just don't express it so confidently as I have seen things go south.

Best of luck to you guys.  Kittle, Samuels, a multi-headed back attack and a defensive line to rival the Purple People Eaters, you guys will have much to cheer for, I expect.  I know this, I don't want to face your team.

Agree with others, not seeing the overconfidence. I think most of us were happy to avoid the Seahawks this round, nothing against any of the other teams, but Wilson has had our number for the better part of the last decade. Don’t think they looked all that good last week, but as a 49ers’ fan, Wilson will always scare me more than any other player.

With that being said, if the defense is at like 90%, I’d hope they get pressure on Cousins, forcing mistakes leading to turnovers. I think they can, and I’m cautiously optimistic, but by no stretch do I think them winning is a foregone conclusion.

Must have poor reading comprehension then. Most 49er fans think this will be a good game and by no means a foregone conclusion. I know Packers fans are sensitive when it comes to the Niners since they have had your number for much of the last decade but your comment is a huge reach and weak fishing attempt.

From the above quotes:

:oldunsure:

A bit concerned here that the 3 defensive starters coming back will be rusty. When Staley and McGlinchey came back for the seahawks game they were awful and directly contributed to that loss. Ford not so much since he plays part time anyways and just rushes the passer. But Tartt and Alexander can't afford any brain farts given their roles on defense. At this point I'm not so sure a rusty Alexander is an upgrade over Greenlaw given how well the rookie's been playing.

A bit concerned here that the 3 defensive starters coming back will be rusty. When Staley and McGlinchey came back for the seahawks game they were awful and directly contributed to that loss. Ford not so much since he plays part time anyways and just rushes the passer. But Tartt and Alexander can't afford any brain farts given their roles on defense. At this point I'm not so sure a rusty Alexander is an upgrade over Greenlaw given how well the rookie's been playing.
Kwon in = Al Shaair out. That's all I need to know.

O-lineman coming back from injury are  bit different. They have to square up one-on-one every play, DBs do not. All they need to do is stay disciplined and keep their assignments and they'll be OK IMO.

Kwon in = Al Shaair out. That's all I need to know.

O-lineman coming back from injury are  bit different. They have to square up one-on-one every play, DBs do not. All they need to do is stay disciplined and keep their assignments and they'll be OK IMO.
yea I'm more comfortable w/ Alexander usurping Al Shaair's role instead of Greenlaw's... Niners play a lot fo nickel D though so I'm curious which LB they leave out there.

After that play on Hollister and how he came on at the end of the year, kid is playing like a man. He could end up being a late round score! Can’t imagine him not seeing plenty of action. 

No clue how they’ll play the personnel, but I like the pieces in place here. Would be nice for Brady’s backup to win a SB title the year it all came crashing down for #12... Maybe a passing of the guard, Jimmy will be the next Joe. One can only hope.

What are you unsure about? I literally stated “captain obvious” in reference to a comment pointing out this won’t be an easy matchup lol. And yes, this matchup was best case scenario for them. Having to play Cousins vs Wilson is a no-brainer. Division games are a different beast. Especially when Wilson is in your division. Most would agree that the Saints were their biggest obstacle to the SB. Niners got lucky that Brees #### the bed and the Vikes took advantage. I don’t know any Niners fans that think this game will be an easy, forgone conclusion. But most would rather play the Vikes than the Hawks in back to back games. Hopefully that spells it out for you. 

yea I'm more comfortable w/ Alexander usurping Al Shaair's role instead of Greenlaw's... Niners play a lot fo nickel D though so I'm curious which LB they leave out there.
Vikings play a lot of base personnel on offense so all 3 LBs will be on the field quite a bit. In nickel Kwon’s easily the pick next to Warner. He’s one of the best cover LBs in the league. Not worried about rust as much for the defensive guys. All 3, even if a little rusty, are immediate upgrades. 

What are you unsure about? I literally stated “captain obvious” in reference to a comment pointing out this won’t be an easy matchup lol. And yes, this matchup was best case scenario for them. Having to play Cousins vs Wilson is a no-brainer. Division games are a different beast. Especially when Wilson is in your division. Most would agree that the Saints were their biggest obstacle to the SB. Niners got lucky that Brees #### the bed and the Vikes took advantage. I don’t know any Niners fans that think this game will be an easy, forgone conclusion. But most would rather play the Vikes than the Hawks in back to back games. Hopefully that spells it out for you. 
It definitely spells it out.  It spells out that you’re an ###.  Nice work captain obvious.   :lmao:  

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/1/7/21054557/kwon-alexander-return-albert-breer-mmqb-49ers-nfc-divisional-vikings

Breer: Alexander and Greenlaw will be on the field together due to Vikings’ base packages.

Given the fact that the Vikings are in base personnel an astounding 87% of the time, it’s no surprise that both Alexander and Greenlaw will be on the field together. The question now becomes who plays where. I already wrote about how Alexander is the heart and soul of that defense, and the moment he was off the field was the moment the defense started springing leaks.

The fact Alexander is back really should help the morale. And the 49ers need it considering they are going up against the Minnesota Vikings after that epic win they had against the New Orleans Saints. They could use an energy boost in general, and there’s no better person to do than Kwon.

Regardless of how Alexander is used, the 49ers will at least have tremendous depth behind him in case they need to pull him. As we’ve said, it’s not about getting Greenlaw off the field, but replacing Al-Shaair. We’re all fine with Greenlaw entering the game and not letting the place go ablaze, but as I’ve said, he’s just not at the level Alexander is at yet. And that’s okay.

shadyridr said:
Its ok for him to say it. When I say it I am Captain Obvious. Capisci?
You guys are pretty sensitive for people posting on an internet site.  Getting called 'Captain Obvious" is pretty tame.

fantasycurse42 said:
After that play on Hollister and how he came on at the end of the year, kid is playing like a man. He could end up being a late round score! Can’t imagine him not seeing plenty of action. 

No clue how they’ll play the personnel, but I like the pieces in place here. Would be nice for Brady’s backup to win a SB title the year it all came crashing down for #12... Maybe a passing of the guard, Jimmy will be the next Joe. One can only hope.
Prior him stoning Hollister, Greenlaw had really been one of the unsung heroes on the defense... (along w/ DJ Jones) The knock on him coming out was his lack of aggression and instinct, but that's been contrary to everything I've seen outta him.

Prior him stoning Hollister, Greenlaw had really been one of the unsung heroes on the defense... (along w/ DJ Jones) The knock on him coming out was his lack of aggression and instinct, but that's been contrary to everything I've seen outta him.
Greenlaw reminds me of Lee Woodall a lot.  Love the way he plays. Excellent 5th round pick.

DJ Jones a 6th rounder.  Amazing how it helps roster construction when you nail late rounders.  Putting aside the 1st round misses on Thomas and Foster their first draft, Lynch/Peters have done an excellent job since.  Pettis pick has sucked so far, but I still have hope for 2020.  A few misses and I still think taking a punter when Gardner/Johnson was sitting there (they traded down in the 4th instead of grabbing him) was a mistake, but overall, well done.

Well, since I hate the niners, I'm really pulling for the Vikes.  And much like Tennessee, they can run the ball, and are playing with house money.   Hell, why not!  SKOL VIKINGS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread