Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** Official 2019 San Francisco 49ers thread *** NEW 2020 THREAD LINK INSIDE


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Defense is so good, love this team!

YEAHHHHHHHH BABY!!!!   SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!

Defense had no answers for Mahomes (that was the expected part) but the offense had a chance to ice the game with 6 minutes left and then went three and out. And to a lesser extent, they then had a ch

32 minutes ago, Manster said:

I'd be a little worried if I were a niners fan having Jimmy G at the helm, with all these expectations.  He was pretty meh this season.  The dirty Vikes are salty after spanking Brees and Co......

No one is worried. Then again we know he was far from "meh." Curious, were you born an imbecile or do actively work at it?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Manster said:

I'd be a little worried if I were a niners fan having Jimmy G at the helm, with all these expectations.  He was pretty meh this season.  T

Actually, other than some meathead picks and fumbles earlier in the season, he has played very well.  In the last 6 games, he has thrown just 3 picks, so he is taking care of the ball better.  Almost 4000 passing yards, 27 TDs and a 102 passer rating.  Very good numbers for a team that runs the ball a lot.  Plus, just short of 49 percent on 3rd down conversions, which is 4th in the league.

Also, the guy wins.  When he came to SF in 2017, team was 1-10 before he started his first game.  Since then:

2017:  5-0 as a starter

2018:  1-2 before he tore his ACL

2019:  13-3

19-5 as a starter.  Optimistic expectations going into this year were 9 wins and they won 13.  He was been way better than "meh".   So not worried at all about Jimmy.  Vikings are a very good team, so should be a good game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SF409ers said:

No one is worried. Then again we know he was far from "meh." Curious, were you born an imbecile or do actively work at it?

He posted that he "hates" the 49ers.  Therefore they should be worried about their QB who has played very well this year.

A totally scientific take on the game.  I hate them, therefore their QB has been "meh" this season and they should be worried.  Also, if the Vikings do win, he can come back and post "I told you so".  If the Niners win,  he can pretend the thread doesn't exist.  Win, win!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Salty niners fans! 

 

Why should it matter to you, if I hate the niners or not?   Look, the niners will prolly smoke the Vikes this weekend, but the pressure is definitely on the niners.....weird things happen in playoff games.....momentum, and all that......and Garoppolo had quite a few meh games, like it or not.....he's got a defense and run game to help him out, so he can get away with a meh game here and there......thanks for pointing out how much of an imbecile and loser I am though....I was unaware.....oh, and thanks for reaffirming my hatred of the niners!

 

Edited by Manster
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 6:52 PM, efactor said:

You guys are pretty sensitive for people posting on an internet site.  Getting called 'Captain Obvious" is pretty tame.

 

 

 

Yeah, we're trying to operate here a little differently asking everyone to be cool to each other. Please do that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Manster said:

Salty niners fans! 

 

So you come into this thread, post weak trash talk for no reason other than to troll, and are surprised people don't like you? Go away. 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wingnut said:

So you come into a team threads and post weak trash talk for no reason, and are surprised people don't like you? Go away. 

Dude, I'm a Cowboys fan.  Your insults mean nothing to me.  I have skin a mile thick.  Am I being a bit of turd?  Sure, but y'all are acting like a buncha snowflakes.......like I said, the niners will most likely win, but they are far from perfect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboy fan? 

Hahahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaaha!

Another user sent to ignoreville. I guess Dallas fans have nothing better to do since their team couldn't win the weakest division in football. 🤣🤣🤣

 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Cowboy fan? 

Hahahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahaahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahhaaha!

Another user sent to ignoreville. I guess Dallas fans have nothing better to do since their team couldn't win the weakest division in football. 🤣🤣🤣

 

I'm actually more interested in playoff fantasy implications than anything else right now.

 

You should learn to not take yourself so seriously.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manster said:

Dude, I'm a Cowboys fan.  Your insults mean nothing to me.  I have skin a mile thick.  Am I being a bit of turd?  Sure, but y'all are acting like a buncha snowflakes.......like I said, the niners will most likely win, but they are far from perfect.

I'm neutral here and I think that SF409ers poster is a complete jerk (so thanks for getting him a timeout) but you came into an opposing team's thread for no reason talking trash.  What did you expect the response to be?  Seems like you were purposefully just trolling the fans.  It's not like the Cowboys and Niners even have a rivalry anymore (unless you're still living in the 80s).  :shrug: 

Edited by fred_1_15301
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I'm neutral here and I think that SF409ers poster is a complete jerk (so thanks for getting him a timeout) but you came into an opposing team's thread for no reason talking trash.  What did you expect the response to be?  Seems like you were purposefully just trolling the fans.  It's not like the Cowboys and Niners even have a rivalry anymore (unless you're still living in the 80s).  :shrug: 

Honestly, I'm just looking to chat about the upcoming games.  My team is a joke.  I have no misconceptions about that.  I'm interested in the fantasy aspects and hoping we see some good football......when I came in here I noticed that sf409 guy taking himself a bit too seriously, and yea maybe threw the bait out.......I've been there man.  I used to get pretty fired up......anymore I dont, because I'm a lil older, and a lil wiser.  I realize I can't get too high or too low when a team that I have zero control over does something bad, good, or whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna be a good one this weekend. Can’t wait - all the trash on the radio from outside the SF Bay sounds like “49ers don’t have a real home field advantage, blah blah blah.”

that place has been loud the last few home games. As I’ve said before - winning does wonders for building a vocal audience.

And true home field advantage goes deeper than crowd noise. Don’t underestimate players being able to sleep in their own beds, eat breakfast with the fam, poop in their own bathrooms, get treatment in their own facilities, etc. 

Vikings are going to have their hands full on Saturday. I’m not a cousins hater & I kinda predicted that the Vikes would win at NOS in the Subscriber contest (called it a coin flip) - they’re a tough & complete team with a legit defense.

but I’m not feelin the Vikes on Saturday. Can’t see them running or passing as well, especially if the Niners get some key players back. 

i just can’t believe this isn’t the prime time game. I’m taking the weekend off to bond with the new puppY so I won’t miss any of it, but it sure seems like the better game on paper of the 2 on Saturday. Not saying Seattle at GB isn’t compelling but the 1-seed should be the premier time slot. 

ah well - maybe SF will use that as further motivation. Go Niners! 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Manster said:

Dude, I'm a Cowboys fan.  Your insults mean nothing to me.  I have skin a mile thick.  Am I being a bit of turd?  Sure, but y'all are acting like a buncha snowflakes.......like I said, the niners will most likely win, but they are far from perfect.

Presumed anybody rocking the moniker "Manster" was a Cowboy fan.  Those that did not identify that are guilty of only one sin, youth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Gonna be a good one this weekend. Can’t wait - all the trash on the radio from outside the SF Bay sounds like “49ers don’t have a real home field advantage, blah blah blah.”

that place has been loud the last few home games. As I’ve said before - winning does wonders for building a vocal audience.

And true home field advantage goes deeper than crowd noise. Don’t underestimate players being able to sleep in their own beds, eat breakfast with the fam, poop in their own bathrooms, get treatment in their own facilities, etc. 

Vikings are going to have their hands full on Saturday. I’m not a cousins hater & I kinda predicted that the Vikes would win at NOS in the Subscriber contest (called it a coin flip) - they’re a tough & complete team with a legit defense.

but I’m not feelin the Vikes on Saturday. Can’t see them running or passing as well, especially if the Niners get some key players back. 

i just can’t believe this isn’t the prime time game. I’m taking the weekend off to bond with the new puppY so I won’t miss any of it, but it sure seems like the better game on paper of the 2 on Saturday. Not saying Seattle at GB isn’t compelling but the 1-seed should be the premier time slot. 

ah well - maybe SF will use that as further motivation. Go Niners! 

If I'm the #1 seed I want the early game on Saturday.  If I win that gives me an extra day to prepare for the Conference championship game.  8 days verses 7 for a team that then has to travel as well.  A substantial advantage. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

If I'm the #1 seed I want the early game on Saturday.  If I win that gives me an extra day to prepare for the Conference championship game.  8 days verses 7 for a team that then has to travel as well.  A substantial advantage. 

Good point. Never considered that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wingnut said:

Kwon activated.

Streets to IR again. How long are we gonna give this guy before we cut him loose? 2 years on IR. SMH.

Dee Ford is gonna be a GTD. Ugh.

Hopefully both are active, but Kwon is a little more of a rare commodity for his coverage skills.  Happy to see him back. Rudolph & to some extent Cook will have their hands full with Kwon roaming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think it’s gonna be a 21-17 Niners win with the Vikings driving at the end to try and win. I’ll probably change my mind 100 times before I land and make it to the sports book but that’s my lean today, that and the under 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

I really think it’s gonna be a 21-17 Niners win with the Vikings driving at the end to try and win. I’ll probably change my mind 100 times before I land and make it to the sports book but that’s my lean today, that and the under 

Funny, my gut is that is that this will be higher scoring than people are anticipating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thecatch said:

Funny, my gut is that is that this will be higher scoring than people are anticipating. 
 

I’m torn on this.

if the Niners are going to win, I expect them to score their usual 30 (they were the highest average scoring team in the NFC at 29.9), and the defense should be able to contain Cook to some extent. 

of course there’s always the possibility of Cook breaking one to the house on any touch, but if they can keep Cook bottled up & force Cousins to throw to win, I don’t think he’ll be able to beat that pass rush often enough.

on the other side of the ball, it seems crazy to type this but the Niners may have too many receiving weapons between Deebo, Sanders & Kittle plus the peripheral players like Juice & all 3 RBs who can also catch the ball. 

anything can happen any given Sunday, but IMO Cousins has used up his mojo a bit. He’s always been a big game choker & it took everything the Vikings had to go on the road & beat the Saints. I have a hard time believing they’ll do that again against a well-rested 13 win Niners team. 

gimmie the Niners 27-16. I like the cover and the under if the Niners win this one. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Hopefully both are active, but Kwon is a little more of a rare commodity for his coverage skills.  Happy to see him back. Rudolph & to some extent Cook will have their hands full with Kwon roaming. 

Their defense is at their best when Ford/Bosa are on the field at the same time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright boys, big day today!!

Got matching black Bosa jerseys for me and the kids, fridge is stocked, handling all the rest of the errands now, gonna throw the ball around after and the start getting my chef on ... It’s game day!!!

It’s been so long I forgot the feeling.

My son wakes up, first thing he says to me is “49ers gonna win today dad, right?!”

Like “hell yea jr!!”

I can’t wait...

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Their defense is at their best when Ford/Bosa are on the field at the same time.

Not denying that, but Quan does add a unique skill set whereas they have a little more depth at other positions.

The only question is how close to 100% is Kwon?

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

50 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

 

what’s on the menu, chef? 
 

I’mma keep it simple. I’ve got 2” thick bone-in ribeyes, asparagus & wild rice. 

 

We’ve got a total of 8 people in my apt today. 4 adults and 4 kids. Making one last supermarket run after a stop in park to toss the ball around. So far we’ve got:

Sausage & peppers, wings (Buffalo & bbq), chips/dip, pretzel wrapped dogs, Bagel bites, French fries... gonna stroll through the store real quick to see if I should anything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

 

We’ve got a total of 8 people in my apt today. 4 adults and 4 kids. Making one last supermarket run after a stop in park to toss the ball around. So far we’ve got:

Sausage & peppers, wings (Buffalo & bbq), chips/dip, pretzel wrapped dogs, Bagel bites, French fries... gonna stroll through the store real quick to see if I should anything.

On my way to the store myself right now to pick up appetizers. Might get fancy and wrap some pickled jalapeños and cheese in  salami and slap a toothpick through that Ish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boneless NY Strips and 16/20 Key West Pink Shrimp are on the menu today on this 80 degree day in sunny Florida. 😎

 

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!! :pickle::football:

 

 

Edited by Wingnut
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

With Ford back in, our dominant defense is back!!! This game was a beautiful thing to watch!!

Enjoy it, gentlemen. It's been a while.

:pickle:

 

Oh yeah!

Shut them down after Moseley came in. Great defensive game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:57 PM, Wingnut said:

Forgone conclusion? No. But do I think the 49ers will win? Yes. There would be no point in talking about who we'd prefer to face in the Championship round if we thought we were gonna lose this week, and we have no reason to think the Vikings will beat the 49ers at home, especially with the Tartt, Ford, and possibly Kwon back this week. I havent looked at Cousins' numbers under pressure, but I for one dont think he will respond to it well if the 49ers pass rush shows up (and I think it will with Dee Ford back). IMO the biggest thing to watch is gonna be 3rd downs - I dont see the Vikings converting a high percentage against the 49ers defense that is rested and healthier than its been since the Packers game.

I don't toot my own horn often  but when I do, it's after a divisional round playoff win.

Minnesota went 2 for 14 on 3rd/4th downs.

Choo-choo, MFers!!!! Let's GOOOOO!!

Edited by Wingnut
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’m torn on this.

if the Niners are going to win, I expect them to score their usual 30 (they were the highest average scoring team in the NFC at 29.9), and the defense should be able to contain Cook to some extent. 

of course there’s always the possibility of Cook breaking one to the house on any touch, but if they can keep Cook bottled up & force Cousins to throw to win, I don’t think he’ll be able to beat that pass rush often enough.

on the other side of the ball, it seems crazy to type this but the Niners may have too many receiving weapons between Deebo, Sanders & Kittle plus the peripheral players like Juice & all 3 RBs who can also catch the ball. 

anything can happen any given Sunday, but IMO Cousins has used up his mojo a bit. He’s always been a big game choker & it took everything the Vikings had to go on the road & beat the Saints. I have a hard time believing they’ll do that again against a well-rested 13 win Niners team. 

gimmie the Niners 27-16. I like the cover and the under if the Niners win this one. 

So glad I listened to my own gambling advice. 
:pickle: 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chinawildman said:

Really really really good to see the defense back to their dominant ways w/ the 3 starters back and Ahkello taking his rightful spot on the bench. Bring on the packers! (cuz I really really really don't wanna lose to the seahawks)

I don’t think Seattle has a chance against the Niners at full strength. Their OL is a shadow of what it was, and the Niners D is playing legit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I don’t think Seattle has a chance against the Niners at full strength. Their OL is a shadow of what it was, and the Niners D is playing legit. 

I don’t know man, Wilson always works miracles against them. With Ford back I’m much more confident, but I’d never say they have no chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thecatch said:

I don’t know man, Wilson always works miracles against them. With Ford back I’m much more confident, but I’d never say they have no chance. 

I’m not saying they have no chance, but they’ve taken a lot of hits on both sides of the ball.  And now they’ve got yet another game AT the frozen tundra. If they get past the Packers (which I wouldn’t bet) they could be even more banged up - in the least less rested. 

all things considered, the Vikings were a relatively soft opponent today. 

football is a game of attrition. Niners have more healthy bodies right now. 

tomorrow should be fun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...