What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We can't do what we keep voting for, so what are you worried about? (1 Viewer)

Henry Ford said:
Chuck Grassley at a town hall answering questions.  He seems a little defensive.

https://twitter.com/ProgressIowa/status/1121546361634197504
It’s nihilism. Besides the policy question, what is Grassley doing? He doesn’t vote on principle. He feels no need to represent constituents. He’s taunting a sick woman, mocking her really. How do we end up with this level of cynical, amoral representation?

The comment about McCain. Lord. If you stand on principle, the level of hatred and anger is like nothing else. Get in the way of the powerful and their millions and you are in for a hellstorm. 

It’s nihilism. Besides the policy question, what is Grassley doing? He doesn’t vote on principle. He feels no need to represent constituents. He’s taunting a sick woman, mocking her really. How do we end up with this level of cynical, amoral representation?
It’s been a long and winding road. 

I personally believe we had a chance to stop this after Nixon.  But the Iranian Hostage Crisis and the way that all (allegedly) went down ended that chance. 

I am not arguing with many of your points but when it comes to supporting agriculture, especially midwest farmers he has done a good job when it comes down to farm Bill's, ethanol etc. Actually one of his pet projects has been wind energy and he recently attacked Pres Trump when he said some negative false things about wind turbines. (Actually Trump recently incorrectly called them windmills but these are the kinds of things that come out of mouths of folks that aren't that bright)

I am not arguing with many of your points but when it comes to supporting agriculture, especially midwest farmers he has done a good job when it comes down to farm Bill's, ethanol etc. Actually one of his pet projects has been wind energy and he recently attacked Pres Trump when he said some negative false things about wind turbines. (Actually Trump recently incorrectly called them windmills but these are the kinds of things that come out of mouths of folks that aren't that bright)
I can understand that, I was speaking specifically to that clip. In that clip he’s completely hollow. How can he vote 7 times for something and have absolutely nothing substantive to say about it? But worse than that he displayed a deep level of cynicism about his role as a Senator.

Maybe if the question was about agriculture he would have been better versed.

I can understand that, I was speaking specifically to that clip. In that clip he’s completely hollow. How can he vote 7 times for something and have absolutely nothing substantive to say about it? But worse than that he displayed a deep level of cynicism about his role as a Senator.

Maybe if the question was about agriculture he would have been better versed.
That clip reminded me of how I’m still a fairly big proponent of term limits.

Because we are a country full of cynical amoral people?

I dunno, I hope not. Maybe.
Look at social media where people reveal their inner thoughts. Look at who we elected President to represent us. Look at the news everyday. Lool at our inability to even attempt to solve most of our most pressing problems. We kind of suck as a hole right now. Look at me, I’m being cyclical in complaining how cynical we are.

I dont believe we are a cynical or amoral people. I believe that we are a people that have been sold out. We have been beaten down. We have elected people and they dont represent us they represent their donors. I think we are seeing people try to change that. Especially our young people. They give me great hope.

Users who are viewing this thread