What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Witness history being made..... (1 Viewer)

Meh. No one cares about track and field. And besides sub 10 has been around for awhile. If he breaks Bolt's record, then we can talk.
Pay attention, ok?

No sub 10 has never been ran by a HS kid before and it's never been ran by a white USA sprinter before.....ok slugger?  We are talking about things we have never seen before.

I just left a place where everyone is into track and field,  maybe this place needs to widen it's horizons extend those perimeters a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
or whiten its horizons
Cute.

The last white American sprinter to win the Olympic 100m was Bobby Morrow out of Abilene Christian that was in 1956.  The last white sprinter to run on a USA Olympic 4x1 team was Dartmouths Gerry Ashworth in 1964.

Whites just don't have...IT...when it comes to running fast. So if we see a white kid running fast, yep, news.

Pay attention, ok?

No sub 10 has never been ran by a HS kid before and it's never been ran by a white USA sprinter before.....ok slugger?  We are talking about things we have never seen before.

I just left a place where everyone is into track and field,  maybe this place needs to widen it's horizons extend those perimeters a bit.
Some French guy did it almost 10 years ago if you want to limit yourself to ethnicity for some odd reason. Great local story for the kid. Not national news to pay attention to unless you have an ulterior agenda.

Some French guy did it almost 10 years ago if you want to limit yourself to ethnicity for some odd reason. Great local story for the kid. Not national news to pay attention to unless you have an ulterior agenda.
Did you miss.....USA...?

And, for a HS kid to be the one to do it, yep, big news.

This is very significant, he broke the 100 meter dash high school world record. No high schooler as far as I can tell has ever ran sub 10 seconds, in the US, in any other country or of an other ethnicity.  

ZenoRazon said:
Pay attention, ok?
This is some of the worst caustic schtick on this board. I immediately tune you out when you start pulling this garbage.

If somebody doesn't care or has a negative word, it's because they're paying attention and finding it either: 

1. Stupid
  2. Irrelevant to what they're thinking about
  3. Unimportant
  4. Slightly racist (especially coming from you with respect to track and field accomplishments)
So get over it, ok? 

Insein said:
Meh. No one cares about track and field. And besides sub 10 has been around for awhile. If he breaks Bolt's record, then we can talk.
I'll second this opinion. No care about track & field. 

This is some of the worst caustic schtick on this board. I immediately tune you out when you start pulling this garbage.

If somebody doesn't care or has a negative word, it's because they're paying attention and finding it either: 

1. Stupid
  3. Unimportant
  4. Slightly racist (especially coming from you with respect to track and field accomplishments)
So get over it, ok? 
maybe move to another topic, ok?

maybe move to another topic, ok?
But track and field, wait!

In all seriousness, Zeno should start an ***Official*** Track and Field thread. It would be a nice catch-all, instead of starting a new thread each time something happens in high school track. I've done the work for the thread title, all he needs to do is cut and past the four words above, beginning with the first asterisk.

What say you, Zeno? You can do the same thing in the Shark Pool, too. 

It's a bizarre character trait to complain that a thread was started.  If you're not interested in the topic or if the topic offends you why not move to a thread where you can comment positively on a topic you're interested in rather than negatively on a topic you're not interested in, but others may be.  There's a reason why that particular video of that kid setting a new high school world record has nearly 59,00 views, 230 comments (nearly all of which are positive), and all track and field publications are covering it -- because his feat is newsworthy.

Far dumber and more pointless topics have received their own thread on this site.

It's a bizarre character trait to complain that a thread was started.  If you're not interested in the topic or if the topic offends you why not move to a thread where you can comment positively on a topic you're interested in rather than negatively on a topic you're not interested in, but others may be.  There's a reason why that particular video of that kid setting a new high school world record has nearly 59,00 views, 230 comments (nearly all of which are positive), and all track and field publications are covering it -- because his feat is newsworthy

Far dumber and more pointless topics have received their own thread on this site.
I usually love your posts, but I disagree with this one. This dude starts the same thread over and over. It's not a one-off, "Hey, that was a dud. Okay. Let's try something different." It's the same ####. Every time. And is delivered with bad punctuation, ranting, fragmented sentences, and a caustic attitude.

I've defended this dude ad nauseam. It's annoying now. 

This is very significant, he broke the 100 meter dash high school world record. No high schooler as far as I can tell has ever ran sub 10 seconds, in the US, in any other country or of an other ethnicity.  
Yep, this is why it's newsworthy.

Edited to add:  It was a wind-aided race.  Per the Houston Chronicle, "[t]he 4.2 mph wind prevents it from counting officially as a national record, but it's the fastest open 100 time in all conditions in high school history."

No not really.  That 9.98 was aided by a plus 4 wind which won't count for record purposes.  Using a chart that deals with the wind.....10.16....is what was actually ran, which is still a great HS time.

1. Stupid
  3. Unimportant
So get over it, ok? 
You ever see me enter any thread to complain about the topic? I simply pass by things that don't interest me.

But track and field, wait!

In all seriousness, Zeno should start an ***Official*** Track and Field thread. It would be a nice catch-all, instead of starting a new thread each time something happens in high school track. I've done the work for the thread title, all he needs to do is cut and past the four words above, beginning with the first asterisk.

What say you, Zeno? You can do the same thing in the Shark Pool, too. 
What is the thing here about making threads?  What is the big deal?  I post other places and nobody cares at all about making threas, here it's some real big thing...why?  Hell, we had what..3....threads talking about farting?

What's the fastest an Arab has ever run the 100m?  
10.17 in 2015  by Naseir Salmein

What we have never seen is a Arab sprinter win an Olympic 100/200 medal.

Putting that 10.16 in perspective.

Deion Sanders  10.26

Tyreek Hill 10.19 in HS

Jamaal Charles 10.18

I usually love your posts, but I disagree with this one. This dude starts the same thread over and over. It's not a one-off, "Hey, that was a dud. Okay. Let's try something different." It's the same ####. Every time. And is delivered with bad punctuation, ranting, fragmented sentences, and a caustic attitude.

I've defended this dude ad nauseam. It's annoying now. 
You take this stuff way too serious guy, just relax and have some fun.

It's a bizarre character trait to complain that a thread was started.  If you're not interested in the topic or if the topic offends you why not move to a thread where you can comment positively on a topic you're interested in rather than negatively on a topic you're not interested in, but others may be.  There's a reason why that particular video of that kid setting a new high school world record has nearly 59,00 views, 230 comments (nearly all of which are positive), and all track and field publications are covering it -- because his feat is newsworthy.

Sure. Its a noteworthy news feat and there isn't a max number of threads that can be started. So cool - good for the kid.

I just don't understand why his race/ethnicity was brought into it. That seems entirely irrelevant.

Someone who gets it, cool~

Sure. Its a noteworthy news feat and there isn't a max number of threads that can be started. So cool - good for the kid.

I just don't understand why his race/ethnicity was brought into it. That seems entirely irrelevant.
Google these names.

Hattie McDaneil

Jackie Robinson

DeFord Bailey

Doug Williams

Joe Perry

George "Little Chocolate" Dixon

Willie Thrower

.....you won't get far before you read...the first black/African American....why?

No white USA sprinter has ever broke 10.00 under any circumstances, that is why we bring up race with this kid.

i get most here don't get sprinting, so here's what is going on with this.

10.00 has never been broken by any white USA sprinter EVER, talking any conditiions. So for some HS kid to be the first, yep, a real big deal IF you know sprinting.

I just thought it was something worth talking about, it is everywhere else I post.

Users who are viewing this thread