What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 rookie rankings Post NFL draft pick 1.04 (Closed) (1 Viewer)

TE premium scoring leagues

• 1 Kyler Murray QB Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 Noah Fant TE Broncos

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • 50 Irv SMith TE Vikings

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 5 Jace Sternberger TE Packers

• 25 Marquise Brown WR Ravens

• 36 Deebo Samuel WR 49ers

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 51 AJ Brown WR Titans

• 53 Miles Sanders RB Eagles

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 56 Mecole Hardman WR Chiefs

• 57 JJ Acrega Whiteside WR Eagles

• 59 Paris Campbell WR Colts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 64 DK Metcalf WR Seahawks

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 73 David Montgomery RB Bears

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Dont play in this format

Votes: 28 39.4%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
Well that took forever it seems. Now that all the picks are in, here we go again.

The purpose of these polls is to get an idea of who the majority of voters prefer at a specific pick in a rookie draft. These drafts assume that all 2019 rookie players are available. For the 2QB poll there may be some variance in scoring. Some may be standard, others PPR. I think a lot of 2QB leagues may involve IDP as well so these differences are not accounted for here. Only looking at the offensive skill players in the two most common formats and also 2QB leagues, to get a sense of where the QB are valued relative to other positions, when there is actually scarcity at the QB position. For the TE premium poll this assumes the scoring format is PPR because that is what these leagues almost always are. The polls assume 12 teams and likely 24-26 roster spots as the most common format for dynasty. Short bench dynasty leagues should only care about the top 6-12 rookie players.

If a player isn't listed that you would vote for please vote other and then post the name of the player that you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll. Also please suggest players not listed that you would vote for soon, even if not on the particular poll that is active.

I don't have any lists to follow for populating the poll, so I will just add players based off their draft position for now. As always I appreciate suggestions of players you think should be listed in a poll.

Thanks everyone for voting. Discussion welcome.

Resits so far

Standard

1.01 Josh Jacobs RB Raiders 72% of the vote

1.02 NKeal Harry Patriots 32% of the vote

1.03 David Montgomery RB Bears 26% of the vote

1.04 Miles Sanders RB Eagles 50% of the vote

PPR

1.01 Josh Jacobs RB Raiders 68% of the vote

1.02 NKeal Harry WR Patriots 71% of the vote

1.03 Miles Sanders RB Eagles 

1.04 David Montgomery RB Bears 44% of the vote

2QB

1.01 Kyler Murray QB Cardinals 57% of the vote

1.02 Josh Jacobs RB Raiders 35% of the vote

1.03 NKeal Harry WR Patriots 21% of the vote

1.04  Dwayne Haskins QB Redskins 23% of the vote

TE premium

1.01 Josh Jacobs RB Raiders 52% of the vote

1.02 NKeal Harry Patriots 31% of the vote

1.03 TJ Hockenson TE Lions 27% of the vote

1.04 Noah Fant TE Broncos 23% of the vote

Links to previous polls

Last edited by a moderator:
barackdhouse said:
I just don't see Hockenson going that early in TE premium. I sure hope so though.
Went 1.05 in one that started Monday, so kinda sorta close.

Biabreakable said:
Yeah I think it is interesting that Mongomery won the standard poll while Sanders won the PPR poll.

I do believe Montgomery is the better receiver of the two.
I'd think the logic would be that Sanders could become the Eagles best catching RB, where that has no chance of happening for Montgomery in Chicago. 

I'd think the logic would be that Sanders could become the Eagles best catching RB, where that has no chance of happening for Montgomery in Chicago. 
I hadn't considered that angle. Makes sense.

I still think Montgomery is a better receiver than Sanders.

Biabreakable said:
Yeah I think it is interesting that Mongomery won the standard poll while Sanders won the PPR poll.

I do believe Montgomery is the better receiver of the two.
That as well.  I need to study up more on both of these guys.  Certainly can see the appeal of Sanders situation and always love a RB that displays that much vision. 

Went at picks 2 and 4 in the two drafts I am doing that started last night.
I've done all my TE premium drafts now and he went as early as 1.05. I sold two 2020 2nds for 1.12 and got him there. But in about four other such leagues he has been between 6 and 10 mostly. 

Users who are viewing this thread