What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Devy draft talk (1 Viewer)

A combined Rookie/Devy draft taking place here. Going on it's 8th season now.

https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=48419&O=17

You can look at the rosters and see which Devy's are already rostered under the Taxi Squad title. Yes, I still have Demetris Robertson on my taxi squad. It feels like I drafted him a decade ago and he's still in college.
Looks like Gibbs was taken twice 1.09 and 2.04. 24 teams row conferences?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here was our combined rookie / devy (only 2 years out eligible, 22/23) SF TEP draft.  I just picked up the Grease team before the dispersal draft.  QB, RB, WR, TE, 5 Flex, 1 SF.  24 teams and two copies of each player. Can only draft one copy as devy so at least one copy of each still available as rookies.

Fantasy Football: Face/Off Dynasty League Draft Results (myfantasyleague.com)
Where’s Spencer Rattler?  Perhaps I missed it, or is he already on a roster?  He should have been no worse than the 2nd college QB taken.

Looks like Gibbs was taken twice 1.09 and 2.04. 24 teams row conferences?
Yea, he had to redo his pick. 

12 teams, He missed the Gibbs pick earlier and picked him thinking he was still available.
I'm Canton there. That person traded me his 2.7 and 2022 2nd round pick to move up to 2.4, thinking Gibbs was available.  Felt bad for him, since he had to wait 12 spots to re-do his pick (so, he basically ended up trading me 2.7 and 2022 2nd for 3.4).

I'm Canton there. That person traded me his 2.7 and 2022 2nd round pick to move up to 2.4, thinking Gibbs was available.  Felt bad for him, since he had to wait 12 spots to re-do his pick (so, he basically ended up trading me 2.7 and 2022 2nd for 3.4).
He shouldn’t have been penalized.  Just let him pick a different player.  I would quit a league like that.  Mistakes happen and it shouldn’t have been that big of a deal.

JohnnyU said:
He shouldn’t have been penalized.  Just let him pick a different player.  I would quit a league like that.  Mistakes happen and it shouldn’t have been that big of a deal.
Did nobody notice the error until 12 picks had already passed?  I am guessing that must be the case, and at that point, how do you correct it aside from allowing him to designate an alternate pick (among players then-presently available)?

JohnnyU said:
I don’t like the rule either, as unduly harsh. I’m going to propose to change next year.

Did nobody notice the error until 12 picks had already passed?  I am guessing that must be the case, and at that point, how do you correct it aside from allowing him to designate an alternate pick (among players then-presently available)?
Not what happened (see @Don Quixotepost).  Just a harsh penalty.

Not what happened (see @Don Quixotepost).  Just a harsh penalty.
Ok.  I never read anything about that definitively being the result of a penalty.  If so, that is unreasonably harsh.  It was obviously just a mistake.  As soon as it was identified, the draft should have been paused to allow the mistake to be corrected.  What is the benefit of imposing such a harsh penalty?  If, on the other hand, it simply went unnoticed for 12 picks, I would propose awarding the affected owner a compensatory second round pick in next year's draft.

@JohnnyU, I agree that I would quit a league which imposed unreasonably harsh penalties.

Users who are viewing this thread