What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Diontae Johnson, CAR (2 Viewers)

I'm hearing he might be a surprise starter this week. I don't have a link and I'm not starting unless completely desperate but I like picking him up now if you have an easy drop. If he hits it will be explosive. 

Yep this is the train to be on before the masses realise. Huge second half upside if the Steelers give him the #2 opportunity 

I have found two articles... 

This one: https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/ben-roethlisberger-im-excited-for-donte-moncrief-this-week/

and this one: https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Pittsburgh-Steelers-search-for-playmaker-could-end-with-rookie-receiver-135527197/

Honestly, I don’t appreciate the suggestion of him starting based on a posters clear bias. Perhaps Johnson gets more of a chance tomorrow or maybe not. Definitely NOTHING suggesting he is a starter and if that wants to be debated we can take it up with the mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think he’s a starter this week. It’s a second half of the year play, he should be on radars especially because he played more in week 1 than I think anyone expected.

Ben will say the right things about Moncrief but he’s not very good and even if he bounces back this week it’s unlikely he’ll be consistent. They will see that they need to get Johnson more involved, particularly if the offense continues to struggle.

i still think it will take a few weeks but I think Johnson represents the highest potential upside on waiver wires right now (non-dynasty).

I still think James Washington is the more likely guy to step up than Johnson, but I 100% agree someone will/needs to, because Moncrief is awful. 

I say this with zero hyperbole: I think Moncrief is the worst WR on the Steelers roster, and I can't imagine they won't figure that out soon, if they haven't already.

The Steelers might be panicking. They just got smoked. That's why they might shove Diontae in there. They need him and I believe he's ready if he's healthy. 

I still think James Washington is the more likely guy to step up than Johnson, but I 100% agree someone will/needs to, because Moncrief is awful. 

I say this with zero hyperbole: I think Moncrief is the worst WR on the Steelers roster, and I can't imagine they won't figure that out soon, if they haven't already.
Here's the problem. Washington isn't Moncrief's back up. Diontae is. 

You are right about Moncrief though......

• Laughing
Reactions: ATB

I know, but the way the Steelers are using their WR's in asinine. 

It should be Washington and Johnson outside, and JuJu in the slot. Why they moved JuJu to Brown's spot is beyond me. If a guy has 1400-7 (mostly from the slot) in year 2, why mess with that?

You do know it’s equally or moreso likely that Switzer gets pulled off the field and not Moncrief right? JJSS in the slot with Washington and Moncrief on the outside. In fact that happened a bit in the second half last week IIRC. Switzer is the worst WR on this team no matter how much people want to #### on Moncrief... and from all indications Ben likes Moncrief a ton for whatever reason.

You do know it’s equally or moreso likely that Switzer gets pulled off the field and not Moncrief right? JJSS in the slot with Washington and Moncrief on the outside. In fact that happened a bit in the second half last week IIRC. Switzer is the worst WR on this team no matter how much people want to #### on Moncrief... and from all indications Ben likes Moncrief a ton for whatever reason.
No sir. No it's not. 

Ben is going to say he likes every receiver on the team. He just chased off the best WR the league has seen in the last decade. 

You have not posted anything of fact... in fact you have done so in multiple threads. Post links or stop wasting people’s time trying to hype up people for whatever reason you think is beneficial to you.
Sure kid. Ignore button is that >>> way. No hard feelings. Sorry you own Moncrief. 

Lol if saying sorry gets me banned well then it is what it is. Yikes. 

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
I picked him up because he clearly has potential and I think getting embarrassed the way they did against a divisional opponent could open the door to giving the rook a chance to show up the vets. 

I will be using it and reporting you to the mods for acting like this. 
That’s ridiculous.  This forum exists for debate and sharing of perspectives.  There is nothing wrong with posting an opinion - yet you’ve asserted multiple times that he should only offer facts, not opinions.  Which is absurd.

That’s ridiculous.  This forum exists for debate and sharing of perspectives.  There is nothing wrong with posting an opinion - yet you’ve asserted multiple times that he should only offer facts, not opinions.  Which is absurd.
Thanks man. I'm really trying to clean my act up and think I've done well. I'm not trying to attack anybody. Just trying to throw stuff out there I think I might be ahead on. 

He posted that Johnson IS a starter. That’s wholly inappropriate.
Here is what he wrote:

”I'm hearing he might be a surprise starter this week. I don't have a link and I'm not starting unless completely desperate....”

People post stuff like that all.....the.....time.  It’s a rumor.  Maybe it is reliable.  Maybe it isn’t.   Time will tell.

There is ZERO wrong with posting that.

Here is what he wrote:

”I'm hearing he might be a surprise starter this week. I don't have a link and I'm not starting unless completely desperate....”

People post stuff like that all.....the.....time.  It’s a rumor.  Maybe it is reliable.  Maybe it isn’t.   Time will tell.

There is ZERO wrong with posting that.
Seriously? Well I hear that Benny Snell is a secret starter tomorrow... and the entire Seahawks defense backfield is all sick with the flu... see how dumb this game is.

Seriously? Well I hear that Benny Snell is a secret starter tomorrow... and the entire Seahawks defense backfield is all sick with the flu... see how dumb this game is.
Then you should add " I don't have a link and I'm not starting unless completely desperate."   It's pretty easy to make a call on that rumor and disclaimer.

Then you should add " I don't have a link and I'm not starting unless completely desperate."   It's pretty easy to make a call on that rumor and disclaimer.
Funny that I’m being called on it when thats exactly what he did but good job everyone. 

I'm sorta in the camp that I took it with an added grain of salt because I know Milkman is in the tank for Johnson and I know I think that Washington is a better receiver.

That said, it should come with a "...this is pure speculation, but..."

That's really what people do all the time. Not a hit-and-run declarative for someone they've already weirdly pumped in other threads. I know Milkman cursorily so I take it with a grain of salt, but maybe more discretion or cautionary language should be used. That said, this is a place for opinion and speculation, just properly framed. I think there's a middle ground here between the Iceman03 and Milkman, or we're all grasping at either simple reportage or simple opinion with no deciphering of the in-between, which is where this place thrives. 

Back to football: It is my opinion that in my brief time getting to watch them, Washington smokes Johnson as a receiver, but I'm biased by having Washington on a roster in a league. 

Ice buddy no hard feelings. I got some info. I prefaced that with basically "if you don't believe me I understand but I'd grab this kid if you can". 

I'm honestly just trying to help people grab him before he pops. If he pops it's going to be big imo. Lots of targets and Diontae is their best outside receiver imo. He can't be pressed. 

20 something snaps and 7 targets! 2 were taken back because of penalties. I think he's on the cusp of breaking out. 

Considering the Steelers might run a lot of 2-1 personnel, it will be interesting to see if Washington/Johnson lines up outside and JuJu either on the other side or stacked in the slot.

And if they run 2-2, then JuJu lines up and nobody else, likely. 

I'm sorta in the camp that I took it with an added grain of salt because I know Milkman is in the tank for Johnson and I know Washington is a better receiver.

That's really what people do all the time. Not a hit-and-run declarative for someone they've already weirdly pumped in other threads. I know The Milkman cursorily so I take it with a grain of salt, but maybe more discretion or cautionary language should be used. That said, this is a place for opinion and speculation, just properly framed. I think there's a middle ground here between the Iceman03 and The Milkman, or we're all grasping at either simple reportage or simple opinion with no deciphering of the in-between, which is where this place thrives. 
Fair... I certainly don’t want to stop opinions. I was asking him for fact because of the hit and run. I posted two links from yesterday 9/13, one praising Johnson, one praising Moncrief. There has been zero speculation on twitter for anything other than suggestions that Johnson could get more snaps. Not hard considering he was 5th in snaps last week for Pitt. Also do not like suggesting I’m the one operating in black and white here. 

1) I don’t like Moncrief

2) I’m a Steelers fan and Johnson’s success is good for me as a fan.

3) I believe the ideal set could include all three of JJSS, Washington and Johnson. 

I just do not like people trying to stuff their opinion as fact. 

I'm sorta in the camp that I took it with an added grain of salt because I know Milkman is in the tank for Johnson and I know Washington is a better receiver.

That's really what people do all the time. Not a hit-and-run declarative for someone they've already weirdly pumped in other threads. I know The Milkman cursorily so I take it with a grain of salt, but maybe more should be used. That said, this is a place for opinion and speculation, just properly framed. I think there's a middle ground here between the Iceman03 and The Milkman, or we're all grasping at either simple reportage or simple opinion with no deciphering of the in-between, which is where this place thrives. 
You bring up a good point.  I'm basically a lurker, but I've been around for a few years and I pretty much have a feel of who to trust, who gets all "fanboy" on certain players and who enjoys being the devil's advocate.  

Fair... I certainly don’t want to stop opinions. I was asking him for fact because of the hot and run. I posted two links from yesterday 9/13, one praising Johnson, one praising Moncrief. There has been zero speculation on twitter for anything other than suggestions that Johnson could get more snaps. Not hard considering he was 5th in snaps last week for Pitt. Also do not like suggesting I’m the one operating in black and white here. 

1) I don’t like Moncrief

2) I’m a Steelers fan and Johnson’s success is good for me as a fan.

3) I believe the ideal set could include all three of JJSS, Washington and Johnson. 

I just do not like people trying to stuff their opinion as fact. 
I really think that's very fair, too. The last sentence you typed is also fair. I think in that knowing the board the past few years, I know the poster's tendencies and I took that statement with a lot of caution, which not everyone might do.

I'm going to make posts like I did over and over in here. If that's not what FFG wants they can permanently ban me and I'll happily move on. I did nothing wrong. 

I'm going to make posts like I did over and over in here. If that's not what FFG wants they can permanently ban me and I'll happily move on. I did nothing wrong. 
You just have a very odd way of stating stuff, it always will rub people wrong until you get better at communication. Unless the bad rub is your point (as many do on the internet).

*I have no issues with your DJ takes, but then again I agree as a Steeler fan who has watched every iota of this play out and how we* do things in Pittsburgh.

You just have a very odd way of stating stuff, it always will rub people wrong until you get better at communication. Unless the bad rub is your point (as many do on the internet).

*I have no issues with your DJ takes, but then again I agree as a Steeler fan who has watched every iota of this play out and how we* do things in Pittsburgh.
Ok so when I prefaced it by saying no link and i wouldn't start him unless desperate it was bad. I got some info. I wanted to share it with the board. I wanted people to value it how they wanted but if I'm right and a few guys grab him early. I'm happy for those guys. 

I want to add if the Steelers are panicking they might do things differently than they have. 

Ok so when I prefaced it by saying no link and i wouldn't start him unless desperate it was bad. I got some info. I wanted to share it with the board. I wanted people to value it how they wanted but if I'm right and a few guys grab him early. I'm happy for those guys. 

I want to add if the Steelers are panicking they might do things differently than they have. 
I have no problem and see no problem with what you stated. None. Was perfectly fine by me.  But you have a certain fbg history.

If the Steelers go down 14-0 at half and come out starting Jaylen Samuels and Diontae Johnson......I'll come in here and give everybody a big hug. They are both coming.......

Be way cooler and keep it 100% on football and not lame slapfights at each other. If that doesn't work for you, find a new board. TIA. 
That's crazy. All I did was share some info I had....trying to help other posters on the board but I will try to do better when other posters get mad at me for doing that. 

I know, but the way the Steelers are using their WR's in asinine. 

It should be Washington and Johnson outside, and JuJu in the slot. Why they moved JuJu to Brown's spot is beyond me. If a guy has 1400-7 (mostly from the slot) in year 2, why mess with that?
I read somewhere today that juju was in the slot 70 percent of the time against NE.

If the Steelers go down 14-0 at half and come out starting Jaylen Samuels and Diontae Johnson......I'll come in here and give everybody a big hug. They are both coming.......
Hold up. You think Conner is getting supplanted too? Now I’m suspicious. Conner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Samuels

Hold up. You think Conner is getting supplanted too? Now I’m suspicious. Conner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Samuels
Oh boy. Look these views are going to be received bad. Yes. Jaylen Samuels > Conner and this will be revealed as the season goes on. Maybe as soon as this weekend. 

Users who are viewing this thread