Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Diontae Johnson, Steelers


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly. Except Enron was a disaster for the whole country, Ebron just one in Detroit. 

And then what on 2nd and goal?

Near zero chance he plays this week. He's just not tough enough. 

2 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Now sweating a game vs a guy that started Edelman, Hooper and Sanders

I love when people are on top of their teams. My dynasty opponent WOULD NOT TRADE NEVER for a QB this week even though his only viable one is on bye.

So, I likely win. Problem is, his refusal just makes it easier for him to tank and beat me out for non-playoff seeding (the low kind).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Diontae Johnson caught 1-of-3 targets for six yards in the Steelers' Week 8 win over the Ravens. 

Johnson left the game for half of the first quarter with a hamstring issue. He returned and didn't seem hobbled, but was uninvolved in the Pittsburgh passing attack. Coming into the game with a team-high 22 percent target share, Johnson saw just three of Ben Roethlisberger's 33 attempts against Baltimore. If healthy, Johnson should serve as a low-end WR2 play next week against Dallas. 

- Rotoworld

 

Edited by The Frankman
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so glad that I got outbid at the auction on this guy. He would have demolished my season.
 

I wanted him on my team, but I didn’t save enough at the end of the draft. He’ a very good football player, but not a good fantasy option. If another team cuts him, I would add him to my bench... but I would hesitate to play him.

Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Quote

Diontae Johnson was a full participant for Wednesday's practice.

It's a positive sign after Johnson was sidelined for a short period in Sunday's win over the Ravens. He's expected to enter Week 9 at full strength in a tremendous spot against Dallas' sieve of a secondary.

SOURCE: Steelers Depot on Twitter

Nov 5, 2020, 10:01 AM ET

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see the game but he had a terrific 1st half. What happened in the 2nd half? Shift in coverage? Injury? I'd like to think the dropoff was because they were up big but JuJu and Claypool racked up 2nd half stats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

Didn't see the game but he had a terrific 1st half. What happened in the 2nd half? Shift in coverage? Injury? I'd like to think the dropoff was because they were up big but JuJu and Claypool racked up 2nd half stats.

My assumption is they moved coverage his way but won't know for sure without watching the All 22 tape. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

I lose when this guy is in my lineup, and I lose when I leave him on the bench. Just end it already.

It is just a matter of health with this dude. He's had 5 games where he started AND finished in 2020... averaged almost 12 targets/game.

Can't do anything about injuries that occur in-game, but if he's healthy going in? Crazy to leave him on the bench... arguably the WR1 in a prolific passing game.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, tombonneau said:

I lose when this guy is in my lineup, and I lose when I leave him on the bench. Just end it already.

If it helps, I started him even in his good game and still lost.

Edited by FUBAR
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dizzy said:

It is just a matter of health with this dude. He's had 5 games where he started AND finished in 2020... averaged almost 12 targets/game.

Can't do anything about injuries that occur in-game, but if he's healthy going in? Crazy to leave him on the bench... arguably the WR1 in a prolific passing game.

Yes, his volume is too high to ever sit him when healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When he's healthy and has no major issues going into the week during practice, he's on auto-start for me. And I drafted Thielen, Godwin, Robinson, and have Aiyuk in the league I speak of. It's a start 3WR league, but Johnson, when healthy? In there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be a strange comparison, but he gives my this LaDainian Tomlinson feeling when he is in a 1on1 with a defender. You just know that he will make him miss without even being touched. It is a thing of beauty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did he make it out unscathed? When I was watching Redzone I thought I heard one of the announcers say something about him leaving the game, but then he must have returned.  Anyone know what happened? Hoping I just heard them wrong. 

Edited by Jail
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen Claypool double and even triple covered on some of his TD catches. The safety and CB couldn't stop him on the 31 yard TD down the right sideline yesterday. The attention paid to Claypool especially on deep patterns has to benefit Johnson and others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Can’t trust this guy.

I'm not sure I'd beat that drum quite yet. He did, all by himself, cause me to lose 3 games. Which indirectly ruined my season this year. Maybe he was just getting unlucky, maybe he's injury prone. Jury is still out imo. 

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...


 

Quote

Diontae Johnson caught 8-of-13 targets for 46 yards in the Steelers' Week 12 win over the Ravens.

Those 13 targets led the team. On the heels of back-to-back 110-plus yard performances, Johnson pieced together a befuddling game against Baltimore with arguably three or four drops that left multiple chunk gains on the field. Johnson is a great player with an extremely promising career ahead of him, but these inconsistencies pop up a bit too often and limit the total efficiency of the offense. Still, you live with the miscues because Johnson is capable of the spectacular - just not on Wednesday afternoon football. He is an easy start against Washington in Week 13.

Dec 2, 2020, 7:12 PM ET

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 8:05 AM, SoBeDad said:

I've seen Claypool double and even triple covered on some of his TD catches. The safety and CB couldn't stop him on the 31 yard TD down the right sideline yesterday. The attention paid to Claypool especially on deep patterns has to benefit Johnson and others.

The combination of these two, juju, and even E² makes for a scary offense.

Maybe not Chief scary, but as close as they come when firing on all cylinders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

The combination of these two, juju, and even E² makes for a scary offense.

Maybe not Chief scary, but as close as they come when firing on all cylinders.

The first sentence is dead on, and I'd like to offer up the real difference maker which is Mahomes' deep ball, his youth, and his mobility. Roethlisberger was always great at extended plays and going deep, but a little bit is lost with age.

Steelers overall have better depth options in pass catching than the Chiefs do, IMO. If the AFC runs through Pittsburgh, I would love to see a KC/Pitt matchup in the SFC Championship. This is a bad year to not have two byes, as both teams have been so dominant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rockaction said:

The first sentence is dead on, and I'd like to offer up the real difference maker which is Mahomes' deep ball, his youth, and his mobility. Roethlisberger was always great at extended plays and going deep, but a little bit is lost with age.

Steelers overall have better depth options in pass catching than the Chiefs do, IMO. If the AFC runs through Pittsburgh, I would love to see a KC/Pitt matchup in the SFC Championship. This is a bad year to not have two byes, as both teams have been so dominant.

I'm definitely cheering against that (go titans) but that seems likely. 

The Chiefs shouldn't have much trouble with Miami or Indy but you never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

I'm definitely cheering against that (go titans) but that seems likely. 

The Chiefs shouldn't have much trouble with Miami or Indy but you never know.

The team I see giving either of those two fits is exactly that Titans team. I think they're really underrated, and if they're healthy, they can make a serious playoff run. It's gonna get colder and Tennessee has their thumper at running back. KC and Pittsburgh lack that type of RB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cobbler1 said:

He was really bad today. But so good overall. Happy 100% ownership guy right here.

He killed me in a must win game I was going against JuJu head to head today. First time I have been disappointed in his play, still think he is undervalued for long term dynasty value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

The team I see giving either of those two fits is exactly that Titans team. I think they're really underrated, and if they're healthy, they can make a serious playoff run. It's gonna get colder and Tennessee has their thumper at running back. KC and Pittsburgh lack that type of RB.

Along those same lines, I could see Cleveland being an issue. They run the ball even better than Tennessee, and probably have a better defense than the Titans when Garrett isn't out with COVID. Of course Tannehill>Mayfield usually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Along those same lines, I could see Cleveland being an issue. They run the ball even better than Tennessee, and probably have a better defense than the Titans when Garrett isn't out with COVID. Of course Tannehill>Mayfield usually.

I had the same thought about Cleveland, and the boldface font from the quote is why I thought Tennessee was the biggest threat. But I shouldn't forget Baltimore, either. They hung with the Steelers today despite serious losses in manpower. Just Tennessee strikes me as the most complete offense out of the three. Defensively, I think Cleveland's front gives teams fits with Garrett and Richardson and others and is probably better than Tennessee's front. So yeah, if they can make it through the year, the NFL has a really interesting situation for their playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dmac37 said:

He killed me in a must win game I was going against JuJu head to head today. First time I have been disappointed in his play, still think he is undervalued for long term dynasty value.

Feels like we saw his floor yesterday, and all due to DJ... dropped a likely TD, dropped a big gainer that fell right in his lap... the 10+ targets seems like a guarantee at this point. Imagine a game where the Steelers are playing catch-up/loss. He could see 20 targets with some garbage time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dizzy said:

Feels like we saw his floor yesterday, and all due to DJ... dropped a likely TD, dropped a big gainer that fell right in his lap... the 10+ targets seems like a guarantee at this point. Imagine a game where the Steelers are playing catch-up/loss. He could see 20 targets with some garbage time.

He had another deeper td in his hands but it got knocked away. Should have caught that too. He was also open by several yards and Ben made a poor throw allowing the db to get back in the picture.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...