What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Diontae Johnson, CAR (4 Viewers)

Oh boy. Look these views are going to be received bad. Yes. Jaylen Samuels > Conner and this will be revealed as the season goes on. Maybe as soon as this weekend. 
Just to be clear:  this isn’t some source/tip, this is your opinion and speculation.  True or false?

Note:  the post I quoted above is the style that rubs others the wrong way.

Just to be clear:  this isn’t some source/tip, this is your opinion and speculation.  True or false?

Note:  the post I quoted above is the style that rubs others the wrong way.
The post you quoted seems pretty damn clear that it is his opinion and a controversial one at that but anyone that takes that as a fact is on them. Nothing wrong with stating his opinion. If someone takes that as some kind of a fact, please invite me to their league. There is nothing wrong there. How boring would the board be without guys like Milkman hanging their nuts out there to be chopped off?

The post you quoted seems pretty damn clear that it is his opinion and a controversial one at that but anyone that takes that as a fact is on them. Nothing wrong with stating his opinion. If someone takes that as some kind of a fact, please invite me to their league. There is nothing wrong there. How boring would the board be without guys like Milkman hanging their nuts out there to be chopped off?
Uh, if you read back one page you will see that I agree.  

With D Johnson, he claims to have a source for the rumor.  All I’m asking is for him to clarify if the Samuels thing is pure speculation or part of the same rumor.  That isn’t an unfair ask.

I'm also confused and it isn't clear at all. I am not a dumb guy by any measure, and read it in its context, too. 

I read that last night and it gave me pause and made me wish I'd sided with Iceman03 more. Can't have that sort of stuff worded that way.  

Uh, if you read back one page you will see that I agree.  

With D Johnson, he claims to have a source for the rumor.  All I’m asking is for him to clarify if the Samuels thing is pure speculation or part of the same rumor.  That isn’t an unfair ask.
Go back one page? "Ain't nobody got time for that"

It's the Milkman. Step off yo

Lot of uptight board members in here.  My word.  

Of course he’s posting speculation. If you interpret “Yes. Jaylen Samuels > Conner and this will be revealed as the season goes on. Maybe as soon as this weekend” as fact, that’s on you.  Of course that’s not fact.  How in the world could it be a fact? 

Man, I feel like this last page or so is much ado about nothing. If guys can't post opinions, good or not, what is even the purpose of the boards?

I read it as Milkman saying, "I have reason to believe Johnson will soon be a starter, I have no evidence, but my own opinion on the matter" and then doubling down on Samuels>Conner. I don't agree with either point, but I don't see anything wrong with having those opinions. 

Okay. This is really, really bad. Stop it. 
I'm in a different time zone then you. After you have bbq'ed all day along with beers come back and I will accept your retraction of this statement and allow you back on the Milkman express.

thank you in advance

I'm in a different time zone then you. After you have bbq'ed all day along with beers come back and I will accept your retraction of this statement and allow you back on the Milkman express.

thank you in advance
Heh. I stand by my confusion, but I'll definitely allow for BBQ posting with beers. Just say so. :lmao:

What freaking time zone are you? 

Man, I feel like this last page or so is much ado about nothing. If guys can't post opinions, good or not, what is even the purpose of the boards?

I read it as Milkman saying, "I have reason to believe Johnson will soon be a starter, I have no evidence, but my own opinion on the matter" and then doubling down on Samuels>Conner. I don't agree with either point, but I don't see anything wrong with having those opinions. 
He mentioned he had a source as in insider information. 

Lot of uptight board members in here.  My word.  

Of course he’s posting speculation. If you interpret “Yes. Jaylen Samuels > Conner and this will be revealed as the season goes on. Maybe as soon as this weekend” as fact, that’s on you.  Of course that’s not fact.  How in the world could it be a fact? 
See, you'd think so. But there are some board members, like there are on boards everywhere, that have connections to inside info and skirt the line as quasi-tipsters. You'd be surprised. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a ton of humor on this board, just not when someone is both skirting the line of passing off insider info. and giving a "Yo, son," opinion.

I hate being the heavy but you ought to be able to see where that gets confusing.

Ok guys I'll try to tone it down with stuff like this. Doesn't seem to be received real well. No worries. 

I think Johnson is going to be starting soon too.  Simply because Moncrief has looked absolutely horrible and Johnson has good draft capital.  I think the Steelers consider 3 WR starters, so you will see Johnson, Juju, Washington as soon as Johnson can officially pass Moncrief with his work in meetings and practice. 

It's nothing more than the usual crappy veteran yielding to young draft pick when the young guy proves he is ready. 

Ok guys I'll try to tone it down with stuff like this. Doesn't seem to be received real well. No worries. 
Big fella, if you got inside info., we'd love to hear it. Just couch opinions as opinions, say something like "I might have heard..." for other stuff, and link things to be read. Nobody wants to kill your vibe. You were entertaining as hell to read about Air Raid, and you caused me to think. It's clear that it was your opinion. This seems different.

Big fella, if you got inside info., we'd love to hear it. Just couch opinions as opinions, say something like "I might have heard..." for other stuff, and link things to be read. Nobody wants to kill your vibe. You were entertaining as hell to read about Air Raid, and you caused me to think. It's clear that it was your opinion. This seems different.
All good brother. 

All good brother. 
Indeed. All good. I really don't want to kill what you got going. You got some smaht people on these boards here reading you very carefully.

Heh. I say that in a non-creepy way, hopefully. I read everybody with care.   

See, you'd think so. But there are some board members, like there are on boards everywhere, that have connections to inside info and skirt the line as quasi-tipsters. You'd be surprised. 
Inside connection or not, saying “Samuels > Conner and this will be revealed as the season goes on” isn’t a statement that could ever be considered a fact. It’s an opinion, no matter who it comes from.  This isn’t that hard, and you guys are jumping all over a poster for no reason.  It’s really silly.

Inside connection or not, saying “Samuels > Conner and this will be revealed as the season goes on” isn’t a statement that could ever be considered a fact. It’s an opinion, no matter who it comes from.  This isn’t that hard, and you guys are jumping all over a poster for no reason.  It’s really silly.
This has been cleared up, I think, both publicly and privately, and I think my language and my general tone and demeanor towards Milkman should lead a reader to believe that I'm really pulling for him, unfettered as possible communication and fun, while still balancing clarity regarding the situation.

Thanks. I'm really not a bad dude, nor fulminating and condemning him. I'd ask you read how cautious my language is towards the situation. Tons of caveats and hope. 

This really should be the last of it. As far as I'm concerned, it's done and I'll still listen to Milkman, who is partly responsible, as I point out, for me rethinking the Air Raid in the NFL through his inference and opinion and passion alone. 

Can we move on? Now it's time to think about Johnson/Washington and Samuels/Conner in fair and real terms. Those WR2 and RB1 positions weren't fully settled last year, IMHO. WR2 looks to be inhabited by a guy with a finger problem who dropped at least three balls last week and Conner got hurt at the end of last year and Samuels performed well in his absence.

Now that's fact.

Oh boy. Look these views are going to be received bad. Yes. Jaylen Samuels > Conner and this will be revealed as the season goes on. Maybe as soon as this weekend. 
Lmao, ok. Why do you think that? Give us some detail and analyzation. 

How can any statement that purports to tell us what will happen in the future possibly be considered a statement of fact?

I think you're pushing this idea a little too hard.  Any prediction is necessarily subject to error, is it not?

How can any statement that purports to tell us what will happen in the future possibly be considered a statement of fact?

I think you're pushing this idea a little too hard.  Any prediction is necessarily subject to error, is it not?
When that statement comes from someone purporting to have a connection to an insider on the team, that kinda changes things. 

Donte Moncrief WR, Pittsburgh Steelers

Donte Moncrief dropped his only target in the Steelers' Week 2 loss to the Seahawks.

He played just 18 snaps and was benched after a third-down drop popped off his hands and into a waiting Seahawks defender's arms for an interception. This comes a week after Moncrief turned 10 targets into three catches for seven yards and four drops Week 1 against the Patriots. Moncrief may be a healthy scratch come Week 3 and can be cut in all redraft formats. Sep 15, 2019, 5:16 PM ET

From another topic:

Snap counts for Steelers WR week 2

JJSS 47 (86%) 8 targets 5 receptions

Washington 34 (60%) 3 targets 2 receptions

Johnson 27 (47%) 4 targets 1 reception

Moncrief 18 (32%) 1 target 0 receptions

Switzer 13 (23%) 4 targets 1 reception

Guessing that D Johnson didn’t start.....yes or no?

Diontae Johnson didn't start but he took another step toward starting. His snap count went up significantly. Moncrief took another step toward the bench. His snap count dropped even more significantly. 

It's coming. 

Mason Rudolph being the starter the ROS is good for Washington though......they were college teammates. So that connection could change some things. 

We'll see what happens moving forward. 

Guessing that D Johnson didn’t start.....yes or no?

Moncrief and JuJu started.
According to the game book Moncrief and JJSS started. Grimble was also listed as a starter.

Snap counts for the WR

J Smith-Schuster WR 47 82%
J Washington WR 34 60% 
D Johnson WR 27 47% 
D Moncrief WR 18 32%
R Switzer WR 13 23%

Jason Shetler (@Jason_Shetler) Tweeted:
#Steelers have informed Diontae Johnson that he will be the #2 WR moving forward https://twitter.com/Jason_Shetler/status/1175107570266181632?s=17

I don't know who that guy is but he has 1200 followers. 
Johnson (47% snaps in Week 2) as well as James Washington (60%) played more than Donte Moncrief (32%), Ryan Switzer (23%) and Johnny Holton (11%) in Week 2. We're expecting Johnson and Washington to work as the offense's primary outside WRs moving forward, with JuJu Smith-Schuster seeing enhanced usage from the slot. Mason Rudolph's target distribution in Week 2 was as follows: JuJu (5), Vance McDonald (4), Johnson (3), James Conner (2), Washington (1), Jaylen Samuels (1), Switzer (1), Moncrief (1) and Xavier Grimble (1).
from Roto

• So what % of FAAB is everyone thinking?
I wouldn't go more than 5-10%, mainly because of Rudolph. If Dionate was starting with Ben, I'd go around 30% - 35%. Most backup QB's, especially young ones, are just way too afraid of making mistakes and dink and dunk most of the game. Plus Rudolph's familiarity with Washington is something to factor in as well. 

How Steelers, three other NFL teams can be better in Week 3

Excerpt:

Pittsburgh pass catchers rank 29th in the league when it comes to separation, per Next Gen Stats. Johnson, a third-rounder out of Toledo, has the highest separation (3.1 yards) among Pittsburgh's receivers with at least five targets this season -- and he was, without a doubt, the most impressive receiver in the team's two-point loss to Seattle, making a terrific one-handed catch on third down to keep a drive alive.

Yeah, I'm still wondering if he or Washington is the play here.
I'd say Diontae no doubt if Big Ben was still playing but with the relationship Washington and Rudolph have it clouds this picture more. 

Talent wise it's not close though. Diontae is the best WR in the draft class. I think it will win out in the end but might take 4-5 weeks. Washington could pop immediately. 

I'd say Diontae no doubt if Big Ben was still playing but with the relationship Washington and Rudolph have it clouds this picture more. 

Talent wise it's not close though. Diontae is the best WR in the draft class. I think it will win out in the end but might take 4-5 weeks. Washington could pop immediately. 
Over McLaurin? Samuel? Metcalf?

Users who are viewing this thread