What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator - NOW RELEASED! (2 Viewers)

Simon Shepherd

Footballguy
Hey all,

We have some versions for use now, but a little info first on a big change.

The Draft Dominator is now a free mobile app.

All premium features of the mobile app will be auto-unlocked for subscribers who purchase the Season Long PRO or the All PRO subscriptions. No additional purchase necessary for the mobile app. So if last year you bought a subscription and the app, this year you get all of that for $4.99 less.

Non-subscribers will have the option to pay their $4.99 to unlock everything as an in-app purchase.

We have some versions of the app ready for you to use now, in an early access capacity.

Desktop/Laptop Browser version:

https://draft.footballguys.com

iOS and Android versions are available here: https://www.footballguys.com/footballguys-dominator-mobile.php

Please let me know if you see any bugs or have any feedback for us. Thanks as always!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you guys design it with Dynasty Rookie drafts in mind in the future? 

I have been using this DD for years and converted to Android since I have one redraft league which has helped me dominate for years(missed playoffs only twice since 1995).

I have converted more to Dynasty leagues and I need to rely on another site but I have leagues that draft rookies within a week of the NFL draft so you still may not be able to release the app by then. The app is great for Redraft and Dynasty/Keeper startups but existing Dynasty leagues are SOL.  I like the way the app adjusts based on the picks which would be an aid in Rookie drafts.

Keep up the great work and thank you for integrating the app into the Season Long memberships!!

I would also like to know if the Draft Dominator Classic version will still be available this year and if so, when?

To me, the DD Classic version is worth the subscription by itself, so I hope it hasn't gone by the wayside.

I know that the new Draft Dominator has the capability to do more things, but I really like the familiarity of the DD Classic.

Love the DD for redraft leagues. Still a bit limited and sometimes unusable for dynasty leagues with different rulesets.

For example...32 team superflex with 2 copies of every player. Seems like 2 copies should be a fairly easy build in?

I looked online and did not see any 2019 rookies - is the online DD not really ready yet for 2019?

Also - agree with Blue Thunder - I have tried both and honestly the Classic DD is much better IMHO

The projections/rankings are from last year - what do I need to do to get the new rankings?

@Simon Shepherd

@Joe Bryant

Any plans to update the projections/rankings for the 2019 season?  The DD isn't very useful right now without the rookies or the 2019 rankings.
Use https://draft.footballguys.com . We will be updating links around the site navigation soon.

I looked online and did not see any 2019 rookies - is the online DD not really ready yet for 2019?

Also - agree with Blue Thunder - I have tried both and honestly the Classic DD is much better IMHO
If you're looking at the 2018 version of the new app, you have not tried the new version. Give it a try with an open mind using the link above, as I have listened to feedback about things like sliders and wanting to directly edit VBD baselines. I've put a ton of time into the feedback you guys have given me last year so I do hope you can check it out before passing judgement.

Love the DD for redraft leagues. Still a bit limited and sometimes unusable for dynasty leagues with different rulesets.

For example...32 team superflex with 2 copies of every player. Seems like 2 copies should be a fairly easy build in?
2 copies is not an easy build in at all I'm afraid. The players database is keyed by player ID. So putting in 2 copies of every player would cause ID conflicts. This is not something we're looking to support any time soon.

I have been using this DD for years and converted to Android since I have one redraft league which has helped me dominate for years(missed playoffs only twice since 1995).

I have converted more to Dynasty leagues and I need to rely on another site but I have leagues that draft rookies within a week of the NFL draft so you still may not be able to release the app by then. The app is great for Redraft and Dynasty/Keeper startups but existing Dynasty leagues are SOL.  I like the way the app adjusts based on the picks which would be an aid in Rookie drafts.

Keep up the great work and thank you for integrating the app into the Season Long memberships!!
I think it best to level with you guys on this and be as clear as possible. There are no plans to support dynasty leagues in the Draft Dominator; not this year and almost certainly not next year either. Sorry. The workaround is to use Edit Rankings to enter your own dynasty rankings.

Will the original downloadable program be available as it always has been in years past?
Yes. I understand it will be available soon.

One thing I do want to make sure everyone knows about because it's something that's been asked for a lot.

The mobile versions of the Draft Dominator are now completely free for subscribers.

People kept asking for this. We have listened.

For everyone else, the app is free to download but rankings will not be customized for your league and some premium features are kept back.

If you've never tried it before, now is a great time to give it a go. The online version too is free to use with those same restrictions, to anyone with a Footballguys account (free to sign up for from inside the app/web version).

One thing I do want to make sure everyone knows about because it's something that's been asked for a lot.

The mobile versions of the Draft Dominator are now completely free for subscribers.

People kept asking for this. We have listened.

For everyone else, the app is free to download but rankings will not be customized for your league and some premium features are kept back.

If you've never tried it before, now is a great time to give it a go. The online version too is free to use with those same restrictions, to anyone with a Footballguys account (free to sign up for from inside the app/web version).
Thanks Buddy. This was by far the biggest request we saw from folks and we've listened. Super excited to have this year for our subscribers. 

One of the main things that I like about DD Classic is the ability to resize the windows to fit a LOT of information on the screen at the same time.

In my normal DD Classic setup, I can have the player pool, team stats, draft status, keeper list (not that important but I had room for it), team strengths, best value pick, draft summary, and team data all on the same screen, which is really helpful in an online live draft situation when you only have 90 seconds to make your pick.

It is also helpful in slow draft situations in being able to easily compare from team to team because the information isn't as "spaced out". So I can tell at a glance which team is strong at some position and weak at another, which helps with trade negotiations. I guess what I'm saying is that it works REALLY well as an organizational tool to keep me aware of both team-specific and league-specific situations.

I also like that it shows the ranking of each player next to the name, QB4, RB21, etc., as well as the projected points for the year instead of the points per week. This is also helpful after the draft when I am looking to add free agents. I simply update the projections and go from there.

I would be happy with the exact same setup for the DD Classic as last year (no changes needed) with the ability to download the current projections, but I realize that I'm probably in the minority on this one.

I've spent some time looking through the new DD version and I can definitely see how it would appeal to a lot of people. I just happen to prefer the DD Classic look and feel.

So... will the DD Classic still be made available at some point or it is a thing of the past now?

One of the main things that I like about DD Classic is the ability to resize the windows to fit a LOT of information on the screen at the same time.

In my normal DD Classic setup, I can have the player pool, team stats, draft status, keeper list (not that important but I had room for it), team strengths, best value pick, draft summary, and team data all on the same screen, which is really helpful in an online live draft situation when you only have 90 seconds to make your pick.

It is also helpful in slow draft situations in being able to easily compare from team to team because the information isn't as "spaced out". So I can tell at a glance which team is strong at some position and weak at another, which helps with trade negotiations. I guess what I'm saying is that it works REALLY well as an organizational tool to keep me aware of both team-specific and league-specific situations.

I also like that it shows the ranking of each player next to the name, QB4, RB21, etc., as well as the projected points for the year instead of the points per week. This is also helpful after the draft when I am looking to add free agents. I simply update the projections and go from there.

I would be happy with the exact same setup for the DD Classic as last year (no changes needed) with the ability to download the current projections, but I realize that I'm probably in the minority on this one.

I've spent some time looking through the new DD version and I can definitely see how it would appeal to a lot of people. I just happen to prefer the DD Classic look and feel.

So... will the DD Classic still be made available at some point or it is a thing of the past now?
As above, the DD Classic will be available soon.

I think all of your feedback is stuff that I have heard here and addressed with the new app.

It does fit a TON of information on the same screen. All at once you can have: draft board, list of available players (and you can switch to the column set you want at any time), list of rosters or a specific roster, and a roster comparison chart showing weaknesses and strengths for each team.

So please do give it another try. The rankings are far superior in the new version and adapt as the draft progresses. For instance, the app will move high upside players up the rankings as the draft progresses. It will also move positions up/down according to the needs of your roster and according to the projected drop-off at each position between your current and next picks.

It is well worth the original effort to get used to, especially now that we are offering the full version on mobile too, included in the subscription.

Thanks, Simon, for answering my questions. I definitely appreciate all of your efforts to produce a quality product. I will spend some more time getting acquainted with the newer DD version.

I am very glad to hear that both versions are still available as even if I do become more comfortable with the newer version, I don't see myself totally abandoning DD Classic. I can see how both versions have their strengths and can be used in conjunction together.

Thanks Buddy. This was by far the biggest request we saw from folks and we've listened. Super excited to have this year for our subscribers. 
This was a great decision on your part, Joe. I would add that the original app was wonderful(especially when you are in the middle of a draft) but it only had the projections/rankings of a handful of your staff. 

Can't speak for others that consume the product but I'd be more than willing to pay for a premium app product that used the player projections of your entire staff(of course with the ability to filter out a few of those gentleman as is the option on the website). Maybe fold in some of the Who-Should-I-Start stuff into the *PREMIUM" version of the app and for those folks that just don't have the time or inclination to consume all the information associated with a full-blown subscription to the site. Maybe a weekly waiver-wire-list broken down by each expert on your staff as well. I think a lot of more casual consumers might be willing to pay the $5-$10 to have access to a premium app with broader player rankings/projections in the summer and the waiver-wire and WSIS throughout the season. A lot of folks just want a "cliff notes" version of FBG's in an app that allows them to compete competently in their home league and just saves them time by bringing that data together in an app that updates throughout the season. 

Some could argue that an app like that might cannibalize your full subscriptions but I strongly disagree. Right now I would think that a vast majority of your subscribers are "hardcore" FF players and those players value the articles or contest of other very specific parts of your content. I just think WSIS and waiver-wire lists benefit the casual fan much more than the "hardcore" players. If anything, I think that it could be argued that a free-app would lead to some percentage of people willing to pay for a premium app that helps then in a similar way throughout the season. And in turn, a premium app that people were willing to pay for would lead some of those folks that found a lot of value in that yearly app to try a full FBG subscription to see what else they might be missing. Once you've played in the contest it's pretty tough not to pay for the subscription just for the contest itself imo but as I said earlier I think most people find that ONE THING in the FBG content that they can't fine anywhere else.

Just a thought and thanks again for adding even more value to the FBG subscription. 

To give some feedback from the user perspective.....the DD app is world class.  There’s truly nothing out there even close.  Once you spend some time getting comfortable with it the idea of using something else feel like stepping back 10yrs.  Simon and his team really have done outstanding work and I can’t recommend the product highly enough.  

To give some feedback from the user perspective.....the DD app is world class.  There’s truly nothing out there even close.  Once you spend some time getting comfortable with it the idea of using something else feel like stepping back 10yrs.  Simon and his team really have done outstanding work and I can’t recommend the product highly enough.  
:goodposting:

Couldn't agree more.

thanks @dkp993 - means a lot especially from you!

This was a great decision on your part, Joe. I would add that the original app was wonderful(especially when you are in the middle of a draft) but it only had the projections/rankings of a handful of your staff. 

Can't speak for others that consume the product but I'd be more than willing to pay for a premium app product that used the player projections of your entire staff(of course with the ability to filter out a few of those gentleman as is the option on the website). Maybe fold in some of the Who-Should-I-Start stuff into the *PREMIUM" version of the app and for those folks that just don't have the time or inclination to consume all the information associated with a full-blown subscription to the site. Maybe a weekly waiver-wire-list broken down by each expert on your staff as well. I think a lot of more casual consumers might be willing to pay the $5-$10 to have access to a premium app with broader player rankings/projections in the summer and the waiver-wire and WSIS throughout the season. A lot of folks just want a "cliff notes" version of FBG's in an app that allows them to compete competently in their home league and just saves them time by bringing that data together in an app that updates throughout the season. 

Some could argue that an app like that might cannibalize your full subscriptions but I strongly disagree. Right now I would think that a vast majority of your subscribers are "hardcore" FF players and those players value the articles or contest of other very specific parts of your content. I just think WSIS and waiver-wire lists benefit the casual fan much more than the "hardcore" players. If anything, I think that it could be argued that a free-app would lead to some percentage of people willing to pay for a premium app that helps then in a similar way throughout the season. And in turn, a premium app that people were willing to pay for would lead some of those folks that found a lot of value in that yearly app to try a full FBG subscription to see what else they might be missing. Once you've played in the contest it's pretty tough not to pay for the subscription just for the contest itself imo but as I said earlier I think most people find that ONE THING in the FBG content that they can't fine anywhere else.

Just a thought and thanks again for adding even more value to the FBG subscription. 
Thanks for the feedback @BoltBacker!

The staffers whose projections are in the app are in fact the only staffers who publish actual projections with footballguys.

Most staffers do staff rankings, but those are just lists of players - not projections.

The difference is with projections we can adapt to a user's league scoring system, but we cannot adjust a rankings list to different leagues in the same way.

But I think the app you describe is similar to what we offer with the Draft Dominator and Lineup Dominator apps. Both are available at lower prices in the app stores if you don't want to pay the full subscription.

Thanks @dkp993   Our challenge is get that word out so the rest of the world can see what you already know. Thanks for the kind words. 

It's meaningful from someone as knowledgeable as you. It's the opposite of what I experienced a while back serving BBQ. A guy came up to me after dinner and said, "That's the best BBQ I've ever had." 

I said, "Thank you. Where are you from?"

He said, "Rhode Island".  :bag:

But when someone as knowledgeable as you loves it, that's something else. Thanks. 

Thanks. @Simon Shepherd answered already. We're doing some of this with our yet to be released Lineup and Waiver apps. Hang on. And thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. 

Agree 100% with this.

Tex

Hey all,

We have some versions for use now, but a little info first on a big change.

The Draft Dominator is now a free mobile app.

All premium features of the mobile app will be auto-unlocked for subscribers who purchase the Season Long PRO or the All PRO subscriptions. No additional purchase necessary for the mobile app. So if last year you bought a subscription and the app, this year you get all of that for $4.99 less.

Non-subscribers will have the option to pay their $4.99 to unlock everything as an in-app purchase.

We have some versions of the app ready for you to use now, in an early access capacity.

Desktop/Laptop Browser version:

https://draft.footballguys.com

iOS and Android versions are available here: https://www.footballguys.com/footballguys-dominator-mobile.php

Please let me know if you see any bugs or have any feedback for us. Thanks as always!
Doesn't open for me on android. Have tried uninstalling a couple times with no luck.

Beautiful app.  I have the Android version and it works flawlessly.  I think most of the guys at our draft used the app last year, so the secret is out 😁.  The amount of customization is really nice and the layout is perfect.  This year's Dominator is by far the best it's been and I've had it every year.  The only thing it's missing for me if I recall is being able to set s TD scoring for distance on defense and special teams.  Great work!

Doesn't open for me on android. Have tried uninstalling a couple times with no luck.
Please let us know the device you have there.

Beautiful app.  I have the Android version and it works flawlessly.  I think most of the guys at our draft used the app last year, so the secret is out 😁.  The amount of customization is really nice and the layout is perfect.  This year's Dominator is by far the best it's been and I've had it every year.  The only thing it's missing for me if I recall is being able to set s TD scoring for distance on defense and special teams.  Great work!
thanks @elshagon appreciate it!

We don't support defense or special team distance scoring right now, but we don't think this is something worth worrying too much about. I don't think anyone could credibly project one defense to have a differing distribution in terms of how long their touchdowns are to another, in the way that we can reasonably highlight speedster RB or WRs to score longer touchdowns. I appreciate it's always nice if all the rules are 100% supported all the same!

Simon Shepherd said:
Please let us know the device you have there.

thanks @elshagon appreciate it!

We don't support defense or special team distance scoring right now, but we don't think this is something worth worrying too much about. I don't think anyone could credibly project one defense to have a differing distribution in terms of how long their touchdowns are to another, in the way that we can reasonably highlight speedster RB or WRs to score longer touchdowns. I appreciate it's always nice if all the rules are 100% supported all the same!
Hi simon. Have an older Samsung galaxy smt tablet. Showing android version 4.4.2 if that means anything. Thanks.

Why can't a player file with just the current season rookies be made and we would have a choice as to which file to use in the application?  Being in all dynasty leagues, I have never used the application until today and in using for the first time, an option to choose the input file into the application would be a way to have the best of both worlds.

Use https://draft.footballguys.com . We will be updating links around the site navigation soon.

If you're looking at the 2018 version of the new app, you have not tried the new version. Give it a try with an open mind using the link above, as I have listened to feedback about things like sliders and wanting to directly edit VBD baselines. I've put a ton of time into the feedback you guys have given me last year so I do hope you can check it out before passing judgement.

2 copies is not an easy build in at all I'm afraid. The players database is keyed by player ID. So putting in 2 copies of every player would cause ID conflicts. This is not something we're looking to support any time soon.

I think it best to level with you guys on this and be as clear as possible. There are no plans to support dynasty leagues in the Draft Dominator; not this year and almost certainly not next year either. Sorry. The workaround is to use Edit Rankings to enter your own dynasty rankings.

Yes. I understand it will be available soon.
Simon,

I appreciate the honesty in the goals that FBG is developing the product over the next couple of years and a possible solution with the current product. 

Hi simon. Have an older Samsung galaxy smt tablet. Showing android version 4.4.2 if that means anything. Thanks.
Ok thanks @steelerfan1 - that version of android is not supported. This is most likely an error on my part for not setting the lowest android version correctly in the manifest. I'll do that in the next release. My apologies again that we can't support that device!

There is a complicated tech reason. The app is HTML5 so is actually running in a web browser without the status bars. Up until last year I packaged the app with its own browser using the crosswalk plugin, but that is no longer available with the android SDK I am forced to use. So the app is forced to run in whatever web browser it can find on your phone already. And in older versions of android, some device suppliers shipped them with funky web browsers, hence the issue. Android 3 was worst for this but it affects android 4 also.

Why can't a player file with just the current season rookies be made and we would have a choice as to which file to use in the application?  Being in all dynasty leagues, I have never used the application until today and in using for the first time, an option to choose the input file into the application would be a way to have the best of both worlds.
This app doesn't live in the world of files and loading them in. It's an app that runs off data feeds. I have tried my best here to be as straight as possible with you guys. If it was easy, I would just implement it as we have so many other features that have been asked for here. I guess I must just ask that you guys take my word that it's not as easy as that!

There is a filter in the filters list to filter the players down to rookies only. You can also edit rankings to adjust to your own dynasty rankings if you wish. That's the best we can do here.

Simon,

I appreciate the honesty in the goals that FBG is developing the product over the next couple of years and a possible solution with the current product. 
Thank you @hedzookeeper

One large mistake we made early was trying to hit every conceivable customer and situation. 64 team auction dynasty league with IDP edge rushers, we tried. What we did was in trying to hit the stuff on the edges, we weren't as good as we could be for the vast majority of our customers. We shifted that focus significantly last year. 

It's much better to be totally up front and let you know something just won't be supported and then the expectations are clear. That's what we'll try to do here. Thanks for being part of the FBG family.

Simon Shepherd said:
There is a filter in the filters list to filter the players down to rookies only. You can also edit rankings to adjust to your own dynasty rankings if you wish. That's the best we can do here.
unless I missed something, the filter does not work correctly as when I was doing my test, I did not see a "Rookie only" filter, the filter I saw was just for the team I was in control of.  Other teams got players that were not rookies only.

unless I missed something, the filter does not work correctly as when I was doing my test, I did not see a "Rookie only" filter, the filter I saw was just for the team I was in control of.  Other teams got players that were not rookies only.
The filter will only apply to your own list I’m afraid.

so there is a way you can get this to work for dynasty real drafts but not for dynasty mock drafts.

I'm seeing QB Taysom Hill, Nawlins, with a ranking of 163, an ADP of 69, ranked between L. Jackson & D. Carr. None of his projections should place him there. Is his ADP correct? What gives?

eta: nevermind, just ran a projections update and he slotted in between Tannehill and Lock with no ADP. Cool.

I'm enjoying toying around with this again this year. Even still, I prefer the DD Classic for many of the reasons mentioned above. I'm not a tech guy so I keep wondering why the need to stray away from the windows based format of Classic. Another way to pose this would be, why can't the new Dominator be set up with a format that I can open and close information windows at will?

Thanks again Simon and team. Great work. I like this years version much better than past versions. Kudos to all.

I'm enjoying toying around with this again this year. Even still, I prefer the DD Classic for many of the reasons mentioned above. I'm not a tech guy so I keep wondering why the need to stray away from the windows based format of Classic. Another way to pose this would be, why can't the new Dominator be set up with a format that I can open and close information windows at will?

Thanks again Simon and team. Great work. I like this years version much better than past versions. Kudos to all.
The new version is HTML5. So in one way or another, it runs in a browser, in a single window. Multi-windows is therefore impossible.

But as I posted above, you can get a TON of information all on the screen at the same time: draft board, cheat sheet, a specific roster, roster comparison charts etc can all be shown simultaneously.

The problem with coding specifically for windows as the DD Classic is that Mac users get a raw deal as that version has never had the same feature set, and the code cannot in any way translate onto mobile. We have to be giving people the same best answer on desktops and mobile. Otherwise we'd be maintaining 3 different code bases and then we wouldn't be able to get close to any of the advanced features we like to provide.

This is the way forward for us here and I think you guys can see that as the DD Classic has not had improvements recently whereas ever year we invest a ton of time into making this new version as good as we can.

I think the great thing about where we are now is that it's been a process where you guys here in the shark pool have had enormous and invaluable input into how this mobile app has translated onto desktop. I think 3 years ago was our first desktop version and it was little more than the ipad app forced to work with keyboard and mouse. You guys suggested more info on the screen, better mouse interactions, better sliders, and more advanced league support. We've done it all save dynasty leagues and we'll continue to listen and work on what you guys throw at us. We can't say enough how grateful we are for that feedback.

But the work going forwards is all going to be on this new format, not DD Classic.

I can appreciate all of the time and effort put into the new DD, but there are situations in which the DD Classic can be used that the new DD cannot.

Most of the leagues (7 out of 11) that I play in are either keeper or dynasty leagues, which the DD Classic handles with no problems.

For instance, I play in a 32-team IDP keeper league with an 18-player roster (no duplication of players). Every year we keep nine and draft nine. I can't even open the file for the new DD for this league. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the league using a Team QB and a Team K position, so that every team is guaranteed to have one. I can work around this in the DD Classic by considering the starter as the TM QB and also assigning the backup (as a quasi-keeper) to that team when the player is drafted to keep the valuation consistent. I just have to have an extra roster spot, no biggie.

Also, I am involved in the Zealots IDP dynasty leagues like I know that a lot of the other folks here are as well. Now, we've already had our rookie drafts (which is fine), but I use the DD Classic in these leagues after the draft to find good FA pickups and to analyze other teams' strengths and weaknesses when considering making trades. I do this with the 32-team league mentioned above as well. In fact, I would say that it is critically important to me, in the 32-team league especially. Plus, it is an EXCELLENT program at simply keeping things organized efficiently. I know that the new DD does some of this, but I still feel like I can do a lot more in these leagues with the DD Classic.

I think that the new DD will work great in redraft leagues and I plan to use it for that. I don't want to seem like I'm complaining at all. I just want to have the ability to be able to use both versions (New DD and DD Classic) as each has their own strengths. I'm fine with the DD Classic being exactly like it was last year. No big upgrades or huge cosmetic changes needed, just the ability to update to the latest projections, and I'll be extremely happy.

Again, thank you Simon and Joe, for all you guys do and for even making these programs available. As Joe often says, "You guys rock!"

I have used the draft dominator for my keeper leagues (Yahoo) for several years.  I manually put in expected keepers, works well.  Rookie projections are for this year only, so use accordingly.  I use prior draft history to predict "rookie fever" level for each league.   The mock draft mode is not indicative of how any of my drafts occur, so I find using real draft works best.  I try a couple of scenarios (ex. RB heavy, wait on QB, etc.) to see where my own trigger points are in different areas of the draft.  I have also conducted in real draft mode with the dynasty/keeper league scoring settings, then starting a draft from scratch drafting best player available from each teams roster.  Helps me evaluate my roster, and also shows strengths/weaknesses of other owners.  It is a fun tool to play around with and very helpful in finalizing my rankings.

I have used the draft dominator for my keeper leagues (Yahoo) for several years.  I manually put in expected keepers, works well.  Rookie projections are for this year only, so use accordingly.  I use prior draft history to predict "rookie fever" level for each league.   The mock draft mode is not indicative of how any of my drafts occur, so I find using real draft works best.  I try a couple of scenarios (ex. RB heavy, wait on QB, etc.) to see where my own trigger points are in different areas of the draft.  I have also conducted in real draft mode with the dynasty/keeper league scoring settings, then starting a draft from scratch drafting best player available from each teams roster.  Helps me evaluate my roster, and also shows strengths/weaknesses of other owners.  It is a fun tool to play around with and very helpful in finalizing my rankings.
thanks @miqws

I don't know if you discovered setting rankings profiles for other teams. You can customize the mocks however you want this way.

I did not see a way to customize for the fact that dynasty/keeper values are more long term and different than this year values.  Nevertheless I still find draft dominator to be useful as I stated.    

I did not see a way to customize for the fact that dynasty/keeper values are more long term and different than this year values.  Nevertheless I still find draft dominator to be useful as I stated.    
That can be done using the Edit Rankings screen; although it may take a little while depending on how thorough you want to be.

Ok thanks @steelerfan1 - that version of android is not supported. This is most likely an error on my part for not setting the lowest android version correctly in the manifest. I'll do that in the next release. My apologies again that we can't support that device!

There is a complicated tech reason. The app is HTML5 so is actually running in a web browser without the status bars. Up until last year I packaged the app with its own browser using the crosswalk plugin, but that is no longer available with the android SDK I am forced to use. So the app is forced to run in whatever web browser it can find on your phone already. And in older versions of android, some device suppliers shipped them with funky web browsers, hence the issue. Android 3 was worst for this but it affects android 4 also.
Thanks Simon. I actually have an older nexus lying around and the app does work  on it.

The new version is HTML5. So in one way or another, it runs in a browser, in a single window. Multi-windows is therefore impossible.

But as I posted above, you can get a TON of information all on the screen at the same time: draft board, cheat sheet, a specific roster, roster comparison charts etc can all be shown simultaneously.

The problem with coding specifically for windows as the DD Classic is that Mac users get a raw deal as that version has never had the same feature set, and the code cannot in any way translate onto mobile. We have to be giving people the same best answer on desktops and mobile. Otherwise we'd be maintaining 3 different code bases and then we wouldn't be able to get close to any of the advanced features we like to provide.

This is the way forward for us here and I think you guys can see that as the DD Classic has not had improvements recently whereas ever year we invest a ton of time into making this new version as good as we can.

I think the great thing about where we are now is that it's been a process where you guys here in the shark pool have had enormous and invaluable input into how this mobile app has translated onto desktop. I think 3 years ago was our first desktop version and it was little more than the ipad app forced to work with keyboard and mouse. You guys suggested more info on the screen, better mouse interactions, better sliders, and more advanced league support. We've done it all save dynasty leagues and we'll continue to listen and work on what you guys throw at us. We can't say enough how grateful we are for that feedback.

But the work going forwards is all going to be on this new format, not DD Classic.
Thank you for your response Simon. I know you & I clashed a couple years ago when working on beta testing these apps but, please, I hope you know it wasn't personal at all. I love what you kids have done with it!!!! I don't think I ever imagined it could be as good as it is right now in 2019. As you already are aware, I'm a DD Classic old head. What I want out of the new DD is what I could/can get out of the Classic version. I know, I'm stubborn and old and struggle with change..........but, willing to learn and grow. 

I can appreciate all of the time and effort put into the new DD, but there are situations in which the DD Classic can be used that the new DD cannot.

Most of the leagues (7 out of 11) that I play in are either keeper or dynasty leagues, which the DD Classic handles with no problems.

For instance, I play in a 32-team IDP keeper league with an 18-player roster (no duplication of players). Every year we keep nine and draft nine. I can't even open the file for the new DD for this league. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the league using a Team QB and a Team K position, so that every team is guaranteed to have one. I can work around this in the DD Classic by considering the starter as the TM QB and also assigning the backup (as a quasi-keeper) to that team when the player is drafted to keep the valuation consistent. I just have to have an extra roster spot, no biggie.

Also, I am involved in the Zealots IDP dynasty leagues like I know that a lot of the other folks here are as well. Now, we've already had our rookie drafts (which is fine), but I use the DD Classic in these leagues after the draft to find good FA pickups and to analyze other teams' strengths and weaknesses when considering making trades. I do this with the 32-team league mentioned above as well. In fact, I would say that it is critically important to me, in the 32-team league especially. Plus, it is an EXCELLENT program at simply keeping things organized efficiently. I know that the new DD does some of this, but I still feel like I can do a lot more in these leagues with the DD Classic.

I think that the new DD will work great in redraft leagues and I plan to use it for that. I don't want to seem like I'm complaining at all. I just want to have the ability to be able to use both versions (New DD and DD Classic) as each has their own strengths. I'm fine with the DD Classic being exactly like it was last year. No big upgrades or huge cosmetic changes needed, just the ability to update to the latest projections, and I'll be extremely happy.

Again, thank you Simon and Joe, for all you guys do and for even making these programs available. As Joe often says, "You guys rock!"
Oh sweet baby jeebus, you talk a good game as to why DD Classic should NEVER, EVER GO AWAY!!!!

Hey Joe, please promise you'll always have the DD Classic available every year. Simple request. Keeps me happy.

Thank you for your response Simon. I know you & I clashed a couple years ago when working on beta testing these apps but, please, I hope you know it wasn't personal at all. I love what you kids have done with it!!!! I don't think I ever imagined it could be as good as it is right now in 2019. As you already are aware, I'm a DD Classic old head. What I want out of the new DD is what I could/can get out of the Classic version. I know, I'm stubborn and old and struggle with change..........but, willing to learn and grow. 

Oh sweet baby jeebus, you talk a good game as to why DD Classic should NEVER, EVER GO AWAY!!!!

Hey Joe, please promise you'll always have the DD Classic available every year. Simple request. Keeps me happy.
I still haven't read one thing in this thread that DD Classic can do that the new version can't.

As always, I am all ears to hear what those things are and to add support to them into the new version.

Whatever those things are, let me know. I want to make sure the new app works for everyone. Because ultimately, I don't personally want our subscribers using an application that I know does not get them as good rankings as the new application does.

(aside: not mentioned in this thread, but custom projections and custom ADP are the two I'm aware of, and they are on the road map for 2020)

custom ADP!!!!

My only complaint about the DD app.  I loved DD classic, but I have been converted and the ADP has always not worked quite the way I thought it should!  Looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread