What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll: Greatest TV Show Ever (1 Viewer)

Which Tv Show is the best of all time?

• Cheers

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Mash

Votes: 21 7.9%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 57 21.5%
  • The Wire

Votes: 35 13.2%
  • Sopranos

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • Breaking Bad

Votes: 85 32.1%
  • Game of Thrones

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • Saved By The Bell

Votes: 14 5.3%

• Total voters
Didn't I just vote on this in the FFA like two months ago?

I went with Friday Night Lights or The Wire's first season. I remember having to explain away why I didn't like The Sopranos or Mad Men.

Had a very hard time deciding between BB and Seinfeld.   Went BB only due to the drama vs comedy element but it was very close.  

I voted Seinfeld. The reruns hold up well in syndication, still funny and quotable. Just this weekend we made references to close talkers and getting a great parking spot.
No doubt.  Also if running today many of the episodes wouldn’t get made (world’s too PC) but are still on point.  No way “the contest”, “not that there’s anything wrong with that”, Elaine in the “interracial” relationship, to name a few happen in today’s environment.  

Also I know I am in the minority and will get flamed but Breaking Bad wasn’t that great. Good show but I never got the best show ever hype. Some of the acting outside of the 2 leads is ok to bad at times, the dialogue wasn’t anything special and there are some definite weak spots/holes in the plot. Also the schtick of showing you something that you have no context for in the cold opening that you will only understand at the end of the episode got tiresome.

Also I know I am in the minority and will get flamed but Breaking Bad wasn’t that great. Good show but I never got the best show ever hype. Some of the acting outside of the 2 leads is ok to bad at times, the dialogue wasn’t anything special and there are some definite weak spots/holes in the plot. Also the schtick of showing you something that you have no context for in the cold opening that you will only understand at the end of the episode got tiresome.
Grok ya onnat. Most of the home stuff was tedious, esp once Walter's wife thought she could expunge the sin of knowing by being a bad wife, and what of WW's choices Gilligan embued with Shakespearean heft were actually too psychologically inconsistent for the effort. Cranston was great, Jesse was a revelation (and a personal guidebook for care & feeding of that gen) and my old home town (my house was in it twice, the Burque types were puro and i was there for the blowing up of the "KEN WINS" car) shines throughout.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pretty great show, but the "zomg, best show ever" spoogefest that was going on during the airing of the two half seasons they closed out with was definitely too excessive. One big point in its favor is it ended on a high note whereas GoT obviously is leaving a lot of people dissatisfied with how the last 2 seasons went. I personally find big chunks of that 3rd season of BB pretty tedious and the midair collision and all the cold opening build up to it was sooo disappointing and out of left field in the 2nd season.

You ####ers just can't like anything.
I assume that’s in reference to Breaking Bad. I said it was good, is that not liking something?

No, not just you.  Just tired of the internet becoming a gigantic ##### fest.   I understand nothing is perfect, but the nitpicking of everything has become tiresome.  We get it.  You're too cool to like what other people like.

(not you in particular)

No, not just you.  Just tired of the internet becoming a gigantic ##### fest.   I understand nothing is perfect, but the nitpicking of everything has become tiresome.  We get it.  You're too cool to like what other people like.

(not you in particular)
Yeah I get it, lots of haters out there and I’m of course guilty as well. I do try to approach it more as criticism and not so much as “_____ sucks” or bragging about not liking something.

(not you in particular)
I stopped reading most of the tv show threads on this board a while back for this very reason.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
This.  Seinfeld quotes never get old and never end. 
Actually they do. It was a good run, must have received 18-20 years of light chuckles dropping them randomly in most any crowd.

The last few years I have had them fall flat and received blank stares. Nothing makes me feel older than realizing there's a whole generation coming up that has idea what "I'm out!" means.

Breaking Bad is the only series that I can think of that was solid from beginning to end with no fillers.

Users who are viewing this thread