What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In here we post the crazy thing you saw today (1 Viewer)

AAABatteries

Footballguy
Every once in a while I’ll see something and think about sharing here but it’s almost never thread worthy on it’s on.  So, in here post the weird/awesome/funny thing you saw today.

I actually had 2 yesterday:

- Driving out of my neighborhood I see a couple on a tandem bike riding back in to the neighborhood.  I’m not sure I’ve seen a tandem bike in use in many years but what made it even more unusual was that it wasn’t just a for fun thing - both of them were in serious bike gear and looked to be in training

- Later that day my wife and I went to the park to walk.  As we are done and leaving we get to the parking lot and there’s a guy standing at the back of his truck with the tailgate down.  He has dumbbell weights in the back of his truck and he’s pulling them out and doing curls and then sits them back in the truck.  I was :confused:  

So, what craziness did you see today?

- Driving out of my neighborhood I see a couple on a tandem bike riding back in to the neighborhood.  I’m not sure I’ve seen a tandem bike in use in many years but what made it even more unusual was that it wasn’t just a for fun thing - both of them were in serious bike gear and looked to be in training
I bike with a couple that has a tandem mountain bike.  Those are crazy. 

I can’t imagine they can do jumps on it or intense trails - or am I wrong about that?
They do, just not well.  I wouldn't call it "jumping" either, but they do go over bumps and hills just fine.  I'm pretty sure this is the frame they are on.

The amazing part about it was/is that the husband was/is in cancer treatment. 

Another couple friends of mine (that's weird to say, but how does one phrase it?) tandemed around one of the great lakes a few year's back.  Previously, he had biked across the US - but they wanted to do an epic ride together.  Amazingly, they stayed married. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This didn't happen today but one of the craziest things I ever saw was at a neighborhood market. I was sitting at the stoplight, and this larger woman comes out of the store, along with a Little Person carrying a case of Bud Light.

She walks over to the John Deere riding lawnmower, gets on the seat and fires it up, and he crawls into the wagon that was hitched up to it, holding his beer. They then drove off into the neighborhood. I literally about pissed all over myself laughing.  :lol:

on the way to work this AM, guy in front of me on a motorcycle rode a wheelie through an intersection, and then for another 300' or so. and this was more of a "hog" style bike.

Chelsea, W 16th St - outside the Rubin Museum of Art

I was sitting on a stoop catching up on emails (my stylist is on W 17th)

He was on a leash, owner was on a longboard next to him
I've seen a guy in the EVil with two bulldogs that have matching Adidas coats, one riding on a skateboard.

Also lately, a guy near Tomkins Sq Park has been walking his pig on on a leash. Not a little thing either.

Not sure if this qualifies as “crazy” but it was odd enough to catch my attention. Passed a car (sedan) on the way home from work today, it was going about 55 ish, had both it’s back doors open. Looked like wings. I assume it was transporting something too big to fit in backseat and had bungied  the back doors open or something. Hadn’t really ever seen that before.

I've seen a guy in the EVil with two bulldogs that have matching Adidas coats, one riding on a skateboard.

Also lately, a guy near Tomkins Sq Park has been walking his pig on on a leash. Not a little thing either.
I know that pig. He’s a service animal for emotional support for a veteran. Pretty sure his name is Wilbur.

The pig I mean, no idea the hoomins name.

minivan gun shoot out thing going on with police out by oconomowoc this afternoon really made my car ride a test in staying on the path of the brohan take that to the bank bromigos 

I spoke to a self described guerilla gardener tonight who was flinging flower seeds (Cosmos he said fittingly) over a fence onto a dirt patch in front of a school administration building. 

ETA:  I can't top the wrestling tow truck family :bag:

This happened a couple days ago but I just saw it today.

The heavyweight Champion of the world (boxing) who was a big muscled up young cat got his butt kicked by a big fat guy, with flab wobbling with every punch.

Yesterday evening I got to see a guy breaking into my truck. 

I kinda paid him to do it too. I locked my keys in my truck and had to have AAA come and open it. 

They used a balloon like a blood pressure cup to jar the door open enough to fit a slim Jim. 

Thanks @AAABatteries.

I never saw it coming. 

I saw a guy wearing a bikini and makeup prancing and dancing down the street.
What neighborhood? I've come to expect people in drag...although bikini is fantastically extreme. 

As RC knows, the neighborhood I live in was historically the artistic/poor/creative/anarchist/squatter/immigrant hood in NYC. Now, not so much. But in the past I'd see all kinds of nutty stuff involving outfits, hair, tattoos drugs, illegal and wacky behavior, homemade bicycles, cars (rents too damn high)...felt like the "crazy" was more the norm than anything else, so didn't really think twice about most stuff after a while.

One day, not long after 9/11, I was walking up the street (Ave A) on a summer weekday -morning. Usually a quiet time in the hood- not much business here. I pass a couple people while lost in thought and something pulls my attention to this fashionable guy walking the other direction. Perfectly in the height of style,  coiffed hair, really cool expensive glasses, patterned short sleeve shirt, shorts, and shoes.

The guy's a walking fashion show...strutting the sidewalk with absolute confidence while the rest of us are still waking up. But something drew my original attention and then a double take- the shorts seemed...different. I look again- diapers. Imagine a male model in a fashion show, but wearing diapers.

I thought maybe he lost a bet...but there were no buddies walking along laughing, and this guy wasn't embarrassed or trying to hide. He completely owned his look- like he was on his way to an interview where he knew he'd land the job...a job where wearing diapers was de rigueur.. It was that matter of fact confidence and ease, combined with the expensive and stylish rest of outfit that to this day is the craziest thing I've seen.

What neighborhood? I've come to expect people in drag...although bikini is fantastically extreme. 

As RC knows, the neighborhood I live in was historically the artistic/poor/creative/anarchist/squatter/immigrant hood in NYC. Now, not so much. But in the past I'd see all kinds of nutty stuff involving outfits, hair, tattoos drugs, illegal and wacky behavior, homemade bicycles, cars (rents too damn high)...felt like the "crazy" was more the norm than anything else, so didn't really think twice about most stuff after a while.

One day, not long after 9/11, I was walking up the street (Ave A) on a summer weekday -morning. Usually a quiet time in the hood- not much business here. I pass a couple people while lost in thought and something pulls my attention to this fashionable guy walking the other direction. Perfectly in the height of style,  coiffed hair, really cool expensive glasses, patterned short sleeve shirt, shorts, and shoes.

The guy's a walking fashion show...strutting the sidewalk with absolute confidence while the rest of us are still waking up. But something drew my original attention and then a double take- the shorts seemed...different. I look again- diapers. Imagine a male model in a fashion show, but wearing diapers.

I thought maybe he lost a bet...but there were no buddies walking along laughing, and this guy wasn't embarrassed or trying to hide. He completely owned his look- like he was on his way to an interview where he knew he'd land the job...a job where wearing diapers was de rigueur.. It was that matter of fact confidence and ease, combined with the expensive and stylish rest of outfit that to this day is the craziest thing I've seen.
The bikini guy is in Hoboken.

I'm thinking the diaper guy was either hung over or high and simply forgot to put his pants on.

The bikini guy is in Hoboken.

I'm thinking the diaper guy was either hung over or high and simply forgot to put his pants on.
hoboken is hipster central, right? people in drag normal there? (granted- bikini dancing likely not common anywhere outside of gay pride parade or club)

see... I thought of all possible situations for diaper-man- and yeah, all of those could have factored in. but it was the absolute owning/confidence/strutting that made me think he was none of that. just a male-model guy going about his day. outside of the diaper- I wanted to be him. hell... given that level upper-tier confidence, I'd even take the diaper.

speaking of bikes... I had hoped to find pictures of the guy in my hood who rode something similar to this... but couldn't.

hoboken is hipster central, right? people in drag normal there? (granted- bikini dancing likely not common anywhere outside of gay pride parade or club)

see... I thought of all possible situations for diaper-man- and yeah, all of those could have factored in. but it was the absolute owning/confidence/strutting that made me think he was none of that. just a male-model guy going about his day. outside of the diaper- I wanted to be him. hell... given that level upper-tier confidence, I'd even take the diaper.
Hoboken is more yuppy than hipster.  The crazy isn't nearly as prevalent here as compared to parts of NYC.

Hoboken is more yuppy than hipster.  The crazy isn't nearly as prevalent here as compared to parts of NYC.
Bleh. Most of manhattan, including my hood, is more bro-monster than anything else. Makes me want to get the hell out of Dodge.

Bleh. Most of manhattan, including my hood, is more bro-monster than anything else. Makes me want to get the hell out of Dodge.
i find your words insensitive and hurtful el guappo take that to the bank bromonsterhan

SWC said:
minivan gun shoot out thing going on with police out by oconomowoc this afternoon really made my car ride a test in staying on the path of the brohan take that to the bank bromigos 
so it ends up this whole mess lasted like 5 or 6 hours and they used tear gas on the driver and a hostage in the minivan and then they fled from the minivan with him pointing a gun at the supposed hostage girl but then when the bad guy got shot a bunch of times by cops the hostage was actually resisting too and stabbed a police dog before she got caught the bad guy is still alive barely and the maybe hostage is also in the hospital wild times out west o the city take that to the bank bromigos 

SWC said:
so it ends up this whole mess lasted like 5 or 6 hours and they used tear gas on the driver and a hostage in the minivan and then they fled from the minivan with him pointing a gun at the supposed hostage girl but then when the bad guy got shot a bunch of times by cops the hostage was actually resisting too and stabbed a police dog before she got caught the bad guy is still alive barely and the maybe hostage is also in the hospital wild times out west o the city take that to the bank bromigos 
holy hell... that's bad. crazy too I guess. 

I've been staying at my 84 and 80 year old parents house the past few days to help them out. Today was haircut day. A stylist droped by a few hours ago.

My mom's older brother (84) came by for his doo as well . Since the 70's he has been getting the Mike Brady 

He looks a whole hell of a lot like Robert Reed too. So, I ended up having Brunch with a Brady.

ChiefD said:
This didn't happen today but one of the craziest things I ever saw was at a neighborhood market. I was sitting at the stoplight, and this larger woman comes out of the store, along with a Little Person carrying a case of Bud Light.

She walks over to the John Deere riding lawnmower, gets on the seat and fires it up, and he crawls into the wagon that was hitched up to it, holding his beer. They then drove off into the neighborhood. I literally about pissed all over myself laughing.  :lol:
Didn't realize you had moved to Florida......

I stood behind a woman at Dunkin Donuts while she ordered 3 dozen donuts...and very indecisively called out every single donut.   "Two chocolate frosting and ummm...two french crullers and ah ummm let me see what's in those ones?  Okay and ummm...." 

It felt like forever

:wall:  

Users who are viewing this thread