Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

40 minutes ago, Boston said:

If you are looking to trade for him that is not bad news.

This is true.  It could also mean he's still not healthy enough to be the player we saw at Stanford.  If we don't see his earn touches at some point this season, he may just enter that Marcus Lattimore prospect category.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It took me way too long to realize you meant Washington Football Team medical staff and not the WTF medical staff. Then again, what's the difference?

The last guy known as "the weapon" was in Jacksonville and he's out of the league. Nyheim Hines...what are the Colts really doing with him? Ohio State's Curtis Samuel was a good running back

I'm probably as big of a Love fan as there is on this board, if he hadn't gotten hurt, I think he was arguably the best RB in this draft class, but his injury happened at the worst possible time. He a

Just now, trader jake said:

This is true.  It could also mean he's still not healthy enough to be the player we saw at Stanford.  If we don't see his earn touches at some point this season, he may just enter that Marcus Lattimore prospect category.

Definitely...he's a real tricky one...if you want to deal for him you have factor that into the equation.

• 3 weeks later...

Washington placed RB Bryce Love (knee) on injured reserve.

Love was inactive the first three weeks and is now dealing with swelling in his knee. He'll be eligible to return from IR in Week 7. Coach Ron Rivera said he thinks Love can return this season.

SOURCE: ESPN

Oct 2, 2020, 1:04 PM ET

It had been unclear to me if Bryce Love had been a healthy scratch the first 3 weeks, so there is a small part of me which is relieved it has been injury related, although this is certainly not good news for Love.  Antonio Gibson is not running away with this job, so there is still reason for some optimism that Bryce Love might return from IR and become a significant factor down the stretch.  If it does not happen upon a return this season, it no longer makes sense to hang on to Love except perhaps in very deep dynasty leagues.  For now, I will ride this out to see what develops, if anything.  

39 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Unfortunately, another example of why we need to take glowing training camp reports with a grain of salt.

It's one thing to see glowing reviews from coaches and a player being really cruddy in action.

It's another when a guy may have actually been looking good in camp before suffering injury.

3 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

It's one thing to see glowing reviews from coaches and a player being really cruddy in action.

It's another when a guy may have actually been looking good in camp before suffering injury.

Maybe I got the sequence of events wrong. I thought despite his strong camp, he was inactive the first few games and the injury is a recent thing.

16 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Maybe I got the sequence of events wrong. I thought despite his strong camp, he was inactive the first few games and the injury is a recent thing.

Looking that up, you are right, he was inactive for WKs 1 and 2. I thought the comment was in relation to the knee swell given timing. But it is a valid point if he was talked up in camp only to be sat down during game day.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, foxco said:

Returned to practice yesterday. Anyone still holding out hope in dynasty?

Still have him on IR in a couple of leagues where there was no roster cost.  If he gets activated, I'll have to decide between him and someone currently on each roster.  No idea at this point.

3 hours ago, heckmanm said:

Still have him on IR in a couple of leagues where there was no roster cost.  If he gets activated, I'll have to decide between him and someone currently on each roster.  No idea at this point.

Same and same decision. It gets to a point with someone like him where I wonder if I’m just being stubborn by keeping hold of him. 

20 minutes ago, sandlotshrink said:

Count me in as a Bryce Love fan, but I'm just not seeing where he will fit in this WFT system.  So much love for McKissic and Gibson seems to be a capable back that's only getting better.  Anyone have a more optimistic view for 2020?  

Well, Gibson is apparently nursing a shoulder injury right now so that could open the door for Love. 

48 minutes ago, sandlotshrink said:

Count me in as a Bryce Love fan, but I'm just not seeing where he will fit in this WFT system.  So much love for McKissic and Gibson seems to be a capable back that's only getting better.  Anyone have a more optimistic view for 2020?  

More importantly for keeper/dynasty - any likelihood he's on a new team in 2021?

21 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

More importantly for keeper/dynasty - any likelihood he's on a new team in 2021?

Without bothering to lookup the details, isn't he on a 4-year rookie deal?

22 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Without bothering to lookup the details, isn't he on a 4-year rookie deal?

Yeah probably.  I was thinking more whether they might release him - I thought there was speculation about that during training camp. Or maybe a trade.  I'm sure he's not due to hit free agency just yet.

9 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

There's just no incentive for the team to do that unless he's a cancer (cough, Haskins, cough).

I found a blurb upthread (late August) that mentioned him possibly not making the 53-man if they only kept 3 RBs.  But I think that was while ADP was still there, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Washington Football Team RB Bryce Love (knee, injured reserve) will not be activated this season. 

It has been exactly two years since the No. 112 overall pick of the 2019 draft played a football game. He suffered a devastating ACL tear at Stanford. Love made the Football Team's initial 53-man roster but was a "healthy" scratch before landing on injured reserve following a setback. Going on 24, Love is facing increasingly long odds of making NFL noise following his voluminous college usage and subsequent injury. 

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter 

Dec 1, 2020, 5:12 PM ET

I have held onto Love for two seasons now in Dynasty, but, sadly, it is time to accept the reality that Love is unlikely to ever fulfill his immense promise in the NFL.  Two years removed from his injury, Love is still unable to take the football field.  I am releasing him from my dynasty squad this week.  Although not nearly as gruesome an injury, this reminds me a bit of the situation with Marcus Lattimore.  Such a shame.