What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The first time (1 Viewer)

ZenoRazon

Footballguy
I grew up listening to music because my parents always had something on the radio or the record player.  I knew every Hank Williams song before I was 10. But, it was a record my Aunt Mildred owned that would become my first....favorite...song.

We'd visit her at least once a week and the minute we parked it was a jump out of the car and a run to her record player and....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvMl6MDjdak

This was the first time any song really moved me and I;d heard a lot of songs.  I still love the first 30 seconds, still about as good as it gets.

So, what was the first song you heard that just stood apart from everything else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up listening to music because my parents always had something on the radio or the record player.  I knew every Hank Williams song before I was 10. But, it was a record my Aunt Mildred owned that would become my first....favorite...song.

We'd visit her at least once a week and the minute we parked it was a jump out of the cart and a run to her record player and....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvMl6MDjdak

This was the first time any song really moved me and I;d heard a lot of songs.  I still love the first 30 seconds, still about as good as it gets.
My pop had this album. It is not the 1st song I remember, but it is close.

My pop had this album. It is not the 1st song I remember, but it is close.
Really, well I'll be damn. Funny thing is I can't remember any other song on that album.

My parents were into country music, so that was pretty much all I'd heard, and while I love country it was  different than Ray Charles....obviously.  Yes I know he also did some country but not on that album.

He did turn me towards R&B, Soul.

I think the 1st song that moved me was:

Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy

And, I have no idea where I 1st heard it. My parents never had it. I never even bought it.

I just remember singing it.
I came to them blues later on,  more mid 70's, but didn't really get deadly serious until later than that.

The first Muddy Waters song I liked was Hoochie Coochie Man.  Actually that was first Muddy Waters song I knew about, do like all his stuff.

Extremely serious when it comes to $$$$$/music. 

I just found it strange that with all that great music out there anyone would find that song their first favorite.
lighten up, Frances ... ferchrissakes, we get it - we're not all as pretentious, i assure you ... not everyone needs to be as compelled as you seem to be to prove their old school chops.  #### can be light sometimes, ya dig?

oh, btw ... was there an oil change w/Aunt Mildred?

:popcorn:

lighten up, Frances ... ferchrissakes, we get it - we're not all as pretentious, i assure you ... not everyone needs to be as compelled as you seem to be to prove their old school chops.  #### can be light sometimes, ya dig?

oh, btw ... was there an oil change w/Aunt Mildred?

:popcorn:
How do you talk your first favorite song and not return to those golden days of yesteryear?  Has...0...to do with proving anything, ok amigo?

Was that song really your first favorite song, really?

Why would anyone enter a thread to just wimper around and complain?  No respect at all for the topic.

I only see this kind of thing here, why is that?  Everywhere I visit everyone shows that cool, that respect, only here do I see the rude, the uptight poster.

Why would anyone enter a thread to just wimper around and complain?  No respect at all for the topic.

I only see this kind of thing here, why is that?  Everywhere I visit everyone shows that cool, that respect, only here do I see the rude, the uptight poster.
:fishing:

A Razon not in the sun.
Razon Arizona :tumbleweed:

... sans the brilliant Coen bros script/direction, Cage, Hunter, Goodman, Forsythe, Cobb, the baby, the hayseeds, the huggies, the guy from the Tracy Ullman show, the old clerk who's still prolly counting down from1,000, the pack of wild dogs, painted furniture, and the Dr. Spock baby manual.

Seriously. Never used this feature except when some FFA'er is trolling the SP. This is awesome.

All I can read from this guy is "You've chosen to ignore content by ZenoRazon. Options"

Razon Arizona :tumbleweed:

... sans the brilliant Coen bros script/direction, Cage, Hunter, Goodman, Forsythe, Cobb, the baby, the hayseeds, the huggies, the guy from the Tracy Ullman show, the old clerk who's still prolly counting down from1,000, the pack of wild dogs, painted furniture, and the Dr. Spock baby manual.
Oh, that's not fair. You're not being razonable. 

Seriously. Never used this feature except when some FFA'er is trolling the SP. This is awesome.

All I can read from this guy is "You've chosen to ignore content by ZenoRazon. Options"
Asking people what was their first favorite song is trolling, hahahahahaha~~~~~~~

Is this one weird cat or what?

Every time I click the update to this thread, I get that lovely message...

the first time wasn't the best, the last time was. 

That’s a pretty interesting cover. I like how they stripped it down from the Zep version but I do miss the drums.
*shakes fist

you need be learnt, boy! Bonzo ain't a pimple on the ### of Slappy Sinclair bangin' the oak cans! 

Users who are viewing this thread