What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (3 Viewers)

Jameis better carry me through Darnold. This is going to be an early year for me. I think I allocated better this year; picked the wrong guys, frankly. Oof.

I'll see you all next year, most likely. 

Jameis better carry me through Darnold. This is going to be an early year for me. I think I allocated better this year; picked the wrong guys, frankly. Oof.

I'll see you all next year, most likely. 
First actual cut week and I’m already out. 

Down at a lowly 133-ish. So much for my "studs" lineup. I mean, how does an RB line up of Kamara, Carson, Jacobs, Singletary and Breida not make the cut. 

I’d like to say it was fun while it lasted, but it didn’t last much at all. 

Good luck everyone. 

Really regretting my last minute swap outs of Lamar Jackson/Waller for Darnold/Uzomah  so I could fit in Singletary and an extra WR.  Still, 200 + both weeks and pressing on, but will most likely bow out on Carson's bye....if he even makes it through the year with the way QB's are dropping.

200.4 with Crowder (-17.9) and Jets DST (-5)

I’m at 139.2 (6.05 over cutline) with Jets D - 6. Odds of me making cut??
I'm in the same boat as you at 142.35 with no one left.  I can not believe I may get cut the 2nd week that really blows.  I think the cutline only moved about 10 points last night so have to hope for a real stinker tonight.

I'm in the same boat as you at 142.35 with no one left.  I can not believe I may get cut the 2nd week that really blows.  I think the cutline only moved about 10 points last night so have to hope for a real stinker tonight.
I mean....it’s the Jets and the Browns. Not that tall of an order. 

The good news is, there's a very high likelihood of that happening. 

140.5 + (CLE DEF - 5) here

Last year there was an actual cut in week 1 and it got me.  Could be out with the Turk's first visit this year as well :(

210 so far, with Jets D and browns kicker left (-6 and -16), though I am super concerned about my WRs, since I only have 6, none of them more than $16 and some looking like they are on the downswing like Moncrief and Gordon. 

Pleasant surprise: I forgot that I loved the Pats schedule and D for this contest. I got sniped elsewhere with that thought in mind.

183 and comfortably over the cut line with my WRs of Godwin and Ridley, in addition to Lockett and John Brown flexing.

Nice. 37 points for Pats D. I have Cleveland D/ST, Chubb, and Siebert to come. On to Wk Three.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeSteeler said:
Not to mention the 1200 Roethlisberger owners

and the 64 that have both :RIP:
Wonderful day. Gambled on 2 QBs this year for the first time and lose Ben. Don't have Brees, but losing him probably crushes Kamara's value. And, oh yeah, let's toss in Gallup and Singletary, too. 

I'm officially a dead man walking.

Wonderful day. Gambled on 2 QBs this year for the first time and lose Ben. Don't have Brees, but losing him probably crushes Kamara's value. And, oh yeah, let's toss in Gallup and Singletary, too. 

Goff will have to carry you.  At least his bye is 3 weeks earlier than last season.  No idea how hurt Singletary is right now, but he should be money later in the season.

165 with Chubb and Jets D to go.

Watson/Jones

Watson played against Jax, so I didn't expect a huge day.....Jones is going to start sooner rather than later.

Elliott/Chubb/Carson/Breida

Only real concern is the Carson fumbles.

Julio/Lockett/Watkins/Hardman/Gordon/Samuel/Quinn

Love Julio and the KC connection

Engram/Andrews

Originally was concerned with only 2 TE, now I'm just happy I didn't pick Cook/Henry/Howard etc....

Kickers/Def....eh, who cares

If Watson goes down, I'm obviously screwed, and I wonder how my KC guys do once Hill gets back, but overall I'm pretty happy with my team going forward.

Honestly, this is the most excited I've been about a team since I started doing this.

Dak & Josh Allen

McCaffrey, David Montgomery, Carson, Breida, Singletary (😱), Ty Mont (hopefully he sees some action as the year goes on)

Godwin, Kupp, Dede (not sure of him going forward), Gallup (hopefully not a serious injury concern), Sanu, John Brown

Njoku, Mark Andrews, Waller

Succop (hopefully he comes back...would've swapped but forgot), McManus

Chiefs, Falcons

TwinTurbo said:
best pts/$ upside of any player in the contest. 
right now I would actually say that's Lamar Jackson and John Ross III...

202.9 this week. Loving my max-30 player team I set up. ZERO super studs, went mid and super-cheap priced guys I thought might be undervalued...

I think Kamara's value might actually go up without Brees, if he's only out 6 weeks. 

Finished 3300th (or thereabouts) with 181.10.  Down from week one but still pretty solid :)

Week 2 review and second thoughts on my team

QBs - 3 for $32

QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/8 - $12  5542 roosters  (2 times used)
QB - Tom Brady - NE/10 - $11  2363
QB - Derek Carr - OAK/6 - $9 1374

Again Jackson and Brady lead the way.  Given the massive number of QB injuries I feel better having Carr just in case.

RBs - 5 for $84

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $29  685 roosters (used 1 time)
RB - Josh Jacobs - OAK/6 - $20  1849  (used 1 time)
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18  5391 (used 1 time)
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9  5246 
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6 - $8  5023 (used 1 time)

Last week I expressed a little concern about Conner - thankfully for my entry it looks like he avoided serious injury.  Hoping Duke Johnson's bad week is a blip.  Having 4 of the 5 factor in already is a good sign though.

WRs - 7 for $78

WR - Keenan Allen - LAC/12 - $25  450 roosters (used 2 times)
WR - Tyler Boyd - CIN/9 - $20  1181 (used 1 time)
WR - Curtis Samuel - CAR/7 - $12  2532 (used 1 time)
WR - A.J. Brown - TEN/11 - $7  324
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6  7177 (used 1 time)
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/10 - $4  413 (used 2 times)
WR - Josh Reynolds - LAR/9 - $4  230

Reynolds definitely looking like a waste - I don't think he amounts to anything in this contest unless the Rams get hit with a WR injury or two.  Nice bounce-back for Samuel.  Very thrilled with my Allen and McLaurin picks.  Only 14 entries have both of these WRs.  5 out of 7 used already is good.  Get a feeling Gordon is going to underperform expectations now but with Belichick the odds that he'll be high variance (a few big weeks and a ton of clunkers) is actually good for this contest.

TEs - 3 for $35

TE - Evan Engram - NYG/11 - $18  1534 roosters (used 1 time)
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9  3896 (used 2 times)
TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/5 - $8  110

Andrews with another huge week.  Engram didn't count this week but still but up a decent number.  Hoping Gesicki isn't a waste (I still have confidence in him but the Dolphins are so ridiculously bad).  I think Rosen playing will give him a better chance at points.

PK - 3 for $10

PK - Matt Prater - DET/5 - $4  2066 roosters (used 1 time)
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/6 - $3  1582
PK - Austin Seibert - CLE/7 - $3  1416 (used 1 time)

Seibert came through this week as Hauschka and Prater put up miniscule numbers.  Happy that the young kicker got 3 field goals - should solidify his hold on the job and erases doubt of his status.  This week shows why 3 is the way to go.

DEF - 3 for $11

DEF - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/11 - $5  2550 roosters
DEF - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  549
DEF - New York Jets - NYJ/4 - $3  2172  (used 2 times)

5 points from the Jets isn't great - but good enough to be used and is better than a stone 0.  Diversification helped avert total disaster.

On to Week 3 :excited:

-QG

Birdie048 said:
Yeah, but I need him to have a big game for me to have a chance to continue..... 

sitting at 124.5 with Chubb (2.8), Robby Anderson (10.9) and Seibert (4.1)....  This could be my fastest exit ever! 
WOW!  I survived!  All 3 helped carry my on!  Finished 156.45 but was not sure midway thru MNF.... 

Heading into week 3...

QB - Jackson (5279), Brady (2097), Goff (2068), Winston (1738), Mahomes (1585) - no order change

RB - Carson (4907), Duke Johnson (4745), Singletary (4622), Breida (3627), Chubb (3385) - no order change

WR - Gordon (6473), Lockett (3678), Westbrook (3035), Valdes-Scantling (3015), Gallup (2441) - Westbrook jumped Valdes-Scantling

TE - Andrews (3844), Waller (2966), Kelce (1940), Engram (1387), Henry (1301) - Engram jumped Henry

K - Butker (2032), Prater (1839), Seibert (1489), Boswell (1399), Hauschka (1255) - no order change

D - DAL (2558), SEA (2250), NYJ (1951), CLE (1699), NE (1370) - no order change

Heading into week 3...

QB - Jackson (5279), Brady (2097), Goff (2068), Winston (1738), Mahomes (1585) - no order change

RB - Carson (4907), Duke Johnson (4745), Singletary (4622), Breida (3627), Chubb (3385) - no order change

WR - Gordon (6473), Lockett (3678), Westbrook (3035), Valdes-Scantling (3015), Gallup (2441) - Westbrook jumped Valdes-Scantling

TE - Andrews (3844), Waller (2966), Kelce (1940), Engram (1387), Henry (1301) - Engram jumped Henry

K - Butker (2032), Prater (1839), Seibert (1489), Boswell (1399), Hauschka (1255) - no order change

D - DAL (2558), SEA (2250), NYJ (1951), CLE (1699), NE (1370) - no order change
My roster similarities are in bold. Godwin's omission from the popular kids surprises me the most. He was an FF darling.

My backs have Kerryon Johnson and Sony as the only ones different from the mainstream. I guess my FF life depends on NEP and NEP disciples' use of their backfield. I don't like that. I wish I hadn't swapped out Jacobs for Sony, as I think Jacobs winds up more heavily involved in the passing game, groin, permitting.

Pts. this week: 190, rounded. Good for about 1800th place. Hwarf.

Comfortable start to the contest - 202,199.

My stud heavy roster is being carried in scoring by the likes of Terry McLaurin and Mark Andrews... not sure if that bodes well or not long term.   :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread