What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (4 Viewers)

Awards and notable teams of the week.

Strongest Living Team: Last week, we went from 1568 teams averaging at least 200 points per week down to only 790 teams. Of those, an unlucky 13 have been eliminated. The strongest entry is Entry 107906, averaging almost 233 points per week.

Strongest Dead Team: Entry 112041 died in week 3 but is averaging 205.11 points overall, sitting in 370th place.

Keep Your Day Job Award:  The list of lowest-scoring teams is littered with gimmick teams, most notably those with lots of QBs. If I only count teams that have at least two rostered players at each position, the worst team is still Parrot Head (Entry 110903), averaging 112.49 points per week.

Safest Team: Entry 100071 has cleared the cutoff by at least 66.95 points every week. After an ordinary week 1, this team has the 28th-highest score over weeks 2-4.

Just Skating By Award: Salty Dog (Entry 101113) has cleared the cutoff by 1.8, 0.5, and 0.9 points, easily the team cutting things the closest.

Icarus Award: Interesting. Last week’s Icarus Award winner was in 20th place through two weeks before faceplanting. This week, the award goes to Entry 102947, who was sitting in 20th place overall after 3 weeks but collapsed to 136.15 this week and is now eliminated. Having Trubisky and Prescott as their only QBs surely hurt them this week. I’m not predicting anything, but if I were in 20th place right now, I’d be a little nervous. I’m looking at you, Blind Luck (Entry 102595).

Woulda Coulda Shoulda Award: I’d probably be pretty mad, but maybe Coolerheads (Entry 108328) are true to their name. This team was eliminated in week 2 but has had the 7th-highest average since then.

Notable Teams:

QBs: There are 25 teams with 8 or more QBs. Only two of them are still alive in what has been a brutal season for that position. Entry 107204 has 11 rostered; Entry 106359 has 9.

RBs: We lost one of the two 12-RB teams this week. Sugarbears (Entry 100544) is still with us, but Double Great (Entry 104347) was singularly bad, getting eliminated with a dismal 114 point showing.

WRs: The one 15-WR and the two 13-WR teams have been eliminated. Plenty of 12-WR teams are still alive.

TEs: The three 7-TE teams—Road Rage (Entry 104111), Entry 102377 and Entry 110983—are all still with us.

PKs: All 8 teams with more than 7 kickers are gone. There are two 7-PK teams left: Entry 107296 and Entry 112043.

DEFs: All three 7-DEF teams have been eliminated. There are lots of 6-DEF teams still around.

And me, you ask? I’m alive but this week was tough: I cleared the cutoff by less than 20 points. Thank heaven for Jameis Winston. Surprisingly, I only dropped from 136th overall to 144th, though.

More to come later...
Who has been Mr. (Or Mrs.) Consistency? I’ve (100427) been pretty good with 175, 190, 180, 182. (SD ~5.5). Skating by team (Salty Dog) fairly close to that at around 7. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaunz33 said:
Who has been Mr. (Or Mrs.) Consistency? I’ve (100427) been pretty good with 175, 190, 180, 182. (SD ~5.5). Skating by team (Salty Dog) fairly close to that at around 7. 
Great question! You're the 131st-most consistent team overall, 114th among survivors.

The most consistent team is Entry 111553, with scores of 152.95, 153.85, 153.25 and 155.5, for a standard deviation of 1.14. But this team is dead.

The most consistent living team is jblasbalg (Entry 103943), with scores of 181.65, 182.7, 183 and 185.05, for a standard deviation of 1.42. That owner's got to be feeling pretty good, especially with the score increasing slightly every week.

That has to cause some serious cardiac moments!  
Yeah. I don't know which is worse, having nobody on Monday night and watching the average crawl up toward you (that's what happened to Salty Dog week 2), or having players on Monday night and needing them to come through (they needed Allen Robinson to get 11.5 on Monday in week 3; he got 12), or both (they had Juju this Monday night, who ended up providing nothing, but still squeaked through).

I have to have the most consistent team in the field

195.8, 201.5, 195.85, 184.45 are my scores so far.
Is this good?  I have no clue how you guys look this stuff up or whatever you do.

TOTAL                        243.30 175.00 225.20 198.85

Starting week 5 with Rams vs Seahawks, and cutting down to 6250

QB - Goff (1546), Wilson (262)

RB - Carson (3586), Brown (459), Gurley (184), Henderson (80), Penny (78)

WR - Lockett (2923), Kupp (1111), Cooks (269), Woods (221), Metcalf (173), Reynolds (133), Brown (97), Moore (65)

TE - Dissly (175), Everett (165)

K - Zuerlein (664), Myers (360)

D - Seahawks (1593), Rams (288)

I will be starting with Goff & Lockett, as will 623 others.

WR - Lockett (2923), Kupp (1111), Cooks (269), Woods (221), Metcalf (173), Reynolds (133), Brown (97), Moore (65)

I have zero of these.

Off topic a bit but the A's elimination tonight made me realize that Billy Beane is the patron saint of a certain kind of entry in this contest - the very good entry that will go a good distance bit have virtually no chance of winning.  You stick to the formula and your regression and it all ends up too safe - no room for the anomoly or the happy accident.  I fear my entries still have too much of this but I try to let more of the art take over.

Gotta be able to sacrifice a little perceived value for the chance at a unique difference maker.  Two guys on my team represent this - one with so far better results than the other.  Keenan Allen is the success - be it the late bye or injury history or unfashionable team or sense that the price was too high compared to neighbors but few own him and that so far is to my benefit.  The other case is Conner which has been a bit less of a success but be it because he inherited a role above his ability or again just other guys in his price nieghborhood that have better book value but I am glad I sacrificed a little by the book numbers for that chance.

Anyway just a thought.

-QG

Off topic a bit but the A's elimination tonight made me realize that Billy Beane is the patron saint of a certain kind of entry in this contest - the very good entry that will go a good distance bit have virtually no chance of winning.  You stick to the formula and your regression and it all ends up too safe - no room for the anomoly or the happy accident.  I fear my entries still have too much of this but I try to let more of the art take over.

Gotta be able to sacrifice a little perceived value for the chance at a unique difference maker.  Two guys on my team represent this - one with so far better results than the other.  Keenan Allen is the success - be it the late bye or injury history or unfashionable team or sense that the price was too high compared to neighbors but few own him and that so far is to my benefit.  The other case is Conner which has been a bit less of a success but be it because he inherited a role above his ability or again just other guys in his price nieghborhood that have better book value but I am glad I sacrificed a little by the book numbers for that chance.

Anyway just a thought.

-QG
How many entries do you have?

Wow. 119 for last week. This week I'll be without a couple. Darnold, Hockenson, and K. Johnson. Next week will be tough. Bye weeks are gonna slam me, as I keep using the same guys over and over. 

QuizGuy66 said:

Anyway just a thought.

-QG
Ummm...nice eloquent thought other than the premise being wrong.

The less unique you are, the better in this contest.  

Wow. 119 for last week. This week I'll be without a couple. Darnold, Hockenson, and K. Johnson. Next week will be tough. Bye weeks are gonna slam me, as I keep using the same guys over and over. 
What do you mean? You scored 119 last week? Typo or misunderstanding on my part?

No Byes for me this week but I have to survive one more week without Tyreek Hill, DeSean Jackson, and Michael Gallup.  

My QB duo of Wentz/Jackson has been money.  

3 players to get 25 to start the week.

Chris Carson's 18.80 likely the only number to sticker.

Reynolds caught 100% of his targets at lease 😕

Gotta hope the Bengals or Jets top the measly 4 points put up by the Squawks defense.

-QG

It would be cool to see witch game every week had the most active players This would be helpful to see biggest cut line mover

off to a decent start with Goff-Carson-Lockett

Seattle D only 4 though

Prater is my only bye this week

QB - Goff (1546 - 24.85), Wilson (262 - 40.60) - Great score for Wilson, decent score for Goff

RB - Carson (3586 - 18.80), Brown (459 - 0.30), Gurley (184 - 19.20), Henderson (80 - 0.00), Penny (78 - 5.90) - Carson's good score likely the biggest line mover

WR - Lockett (2923 - 14.30), Kupp (1111 - 26.70), Cooks (269 - 6.60), Woods (221 - 9.80), Metcalf (173 - 12.40), Reynolds (133 - 2.20), Brown (97 - 5.60), Moore (65 - 8.00) - Lockett with a good game, Kupp with a monster game; these 2 moved the line a fair amount

TE - Dissly (175 - 14.80), Everett (165 - 24.10) - Two great scores, but rarity won't move the line much

K - Zuerlein (664 - 13.50), Myers (360 - 7.20) - Good score for Zuerlein, average score for Myers

D - Seahawks (1593 - 4.00), Rams (288 - 3.00) - Nothing to see here
Cutline sits at 6.9.  Darrell Henderson has yet to register any points and has played only 2 snaps.  Malcolm Brown started strong, but has since ceded work to Gurley.  Gurley seems to be holding up pretty well thus far, and was RB15 entering last nights game.  I rostered none of these 3 RB's, but am sure curious to see how this situation plays out. 

Same here. One of the 623.

TheWinz said:
Cutline sits at 6.9.  Darrell Henderson has yet to register any points and has played only 2 snaps.  Malcolm Brown started strong, but has since ceded work to Gurley.  Gurley seems to be holding up pretty well thus far, and was RB15 entering last nights game.  I rostered none of these 3 RB's, but am sure curious to see how this situation plays out. 
nice

Anyway just a thought.

-QG
wait, the billy beane era A's have had 'virtually no chance of winning'???

lol oh my bad.  i thought beane had put together a bunch of division champion 95+ win teams that were more than good enough to win it all despite them never actually doing so.  ive been wrong before though.
Good enough to get far.  Never good enough to win.  :shrug:

-QG

Team picked up the pace in the 2nd half.

Weird week - only 2 4pm games so the line may not move quite so much as usual.

Anyway just two guys left for me

163.40 + (K Allen - 10.90) + (Seibert - 2.00)

Cautiously optimistic :boxing:

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread