What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (11 Viewers)

Only good thing about this mess of a season is Brett will finally be gone. The bad thing is Elton Brand will be picking the new coach. 

Only good thing about this mess of a season is Brett will finally be gone. The bad thing is Elton Brand will be picking the new coach. 
yeah, hoping Josh Harris sells the team and they burn it all down except for Ben,Joel, and rookie contracts. It is hard to have faith in this front office doing anything beneficial for the team. 

Shame really, I thought acquiring J-Rich was going to help the team, but i can't think of another player who has seen his value sink this year like Richardon's has. 

Should give a few 2nds away to trade Horford to anyone too. 

I'm sure they can't sell Tobias, but wondering what a new coach can do with Ben, Joel and Tobias

What a mess of a roster and waste of a season. I tried to like getting Horford, hoping the length would make the defense good enough to hide weaknesses. But they never replaced the 3 point shooting that was lost with Reddick and even those euros. Tobias Harris needs to play the 4 and they need a shooter at the 3. Maybe Thybulle makes the leap next year?  But they should trade Simmons and really should have done that for CP3 last summer. Not sure what the market is for Simmons now.  Embiid is a stud and the team doesn’t compliment him at all. 

What a mess of a roster and waste of a season. I tried to like getting Horford, hoping the length would make the defense good enough to hide weaknesses. But they never replaced the 3 point shooting that was lost with Reddick and even those euros. Tobias Harris needs to play the 4 and they need a shooter at the 3. Maybe Thybulle makes the leap next year?  But they should trade Simmons and really should have done that for CP3 last summer. Not sure what the market is for Simmons now.  Embiid is a stud and the team doesn’t compliment him at all. 
I'm starting to warm to the idea of Simmons on the Warriors to eventually fill the Draymond role because this rookie class has a bunch of question marks at the top.

i don't think there is anyway they should trade Ben or Joel until they try another season or 2 with another coach. 

What sucks the worst is Ben's injury right before the playoffs. Really would have liked to see how he would have done in this series. He owned the C's defensively this year in every game they played, his loss for this series kind of sealed it for them. 

Joel is worrisome too. top 5 player no doubt, but hard to ever consider him a leader for a team. 

Horford is a class act but boy, did the Sixers bail the C's out on that one...yikes!
Just amazing the 76ers gave him that money when his best days are long gone. And he's a terrible fit for the roster 

Brand should've already been ####-canned. Add another 4 moron.

i don't think there is anyway they should trade Ben or Joel until they try another season or 2 with another coach. 

What sucks the worst is Ben's injury right before the playoffs. Really would have liked to see how he would have done in this series. He owned the C's defensively this year in every game they played, his loss for this series kind of sealed it for them. 

Joel is worrisome too. top 5 player no doubt, but hard to ever consider him a leader for a team. 

Joel is a top-5 what? Center? 
As an NBA johnny-come-lately, not sure how you can possibly root for Embiid as your team leader.  7'3' gigantor whiner that wants to float around the 3 point line and stagger into the lane once in a while.  SUUUUCKS.

Just amazing the 76ers gave him that money when his best days are long gone. And he's a terrible fit for the roster 

Brand should've already been ####-canned. Add another 4 moron.
That contract never made sense (and that was before we found out he didn't fit there)...maybe they thought he could be the adult in the room and his leadership would be worth it but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

The way he is playing it may take a few 1sts for someone to take him
wouldn't matter, Elton Brand would F it up and give up more, or at least let other teams know he thinks he wants to draft so other teams can steal more draft picks from him

i love people these days complaining about living in quarantine and having to wear a face mask. Real hell is checking this thread after the Celtic's win 2 games in the playoffs where half the New England area seems to show up after those wins.  :sadbanana: Sixers team has embarrassed us enough suckering us into thinking they would be good with getting rid of multiple shooters to pay a fortune to a back-up Center. Good times

NBA had no problem forcing the Sixers to get rid of Hinkie, where are they now that they gave us Colangelo to #### on our players on Twitter to allow us to have a Plan C Front office? F'ers should have never intervened, let HInkie sink or swim with all of the assets he accumulated

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL KNICKS :lmao:  . FN AWESOME. Missed Durant. Missed Kyrie. Missed Zion. Ripped off in Porzingis deal. Picking somewhere in the back half of the lottery. Worst roster in the league.

Epic.

Wolves, Warriors, Hornets, Bulls

Predictions?
:kicksrock:  Was hoping for #1 pick for Bulls but I like Obi Toppin a lot. (Wouldn't be shocked if Wiseman actually fell to Bulls either. Whether they'd take him is another story)

Wouldn't surprise me either if they went for one of the more defensive minded 3's to replace Porter after this year (don't see him opting out this offseason).

:kicksrock:  Was hoping for #1 pick for Bulls but I like Obi Toppin a lot. (Wouldn't be shocked if Wiseman actually fell to Bulls either. Whether they'd take him is another story)

Wouldn't surprise me either if they went for one of the more defensive minded 3's to replace Porter after this year (don't see him opting out this offseason).
I would love Wiseman.  He’s my favorite in the draft.  I’d be happy with Deni Avdija. I think he’s my target at 4 at this point.  We’ll see.

I would love Wiseman.  He’s my favorite in the draft.  I’d be happy with Deni Avdija. I think he’s my target at 4 at this point.  We’ll see.
Like most, I didn't get a chance to see much of him. He could obviously develop an outside shot but I think his type is really devalued in today's NBA. Why I think he'll (potentially) fall in the draft.

I think Toppin will destroy the NBA Combine (assuming they have one...TBH haven't kept up on that). NBA ready game and body with elite athleticism and position versatility that can score indoor or out. I expect the Warriors to deal their pick but I think he's a better fit there than Wiseman. 

Like most, I didn't get a chance to see much of him. He could obviously develop an outside shot but I think his type is really devalued in today's NBA. Why I think he'll (potentially) fall in the draft.

I think Toppin will destroy the NBA Combine (assuming they have one...TBH haven't kept up on that). NBA ready game and body with elite athleticism and position versatility that can score indoor or out. I expect the Warriors to deal their pick but I think he's a better fit there than Wiseman. 
What type of deal do you think the Warriors would be looking for?

What type of deal do you think the Warriors would be looking for?
I think it'd have to include Wiggins/Draymond (salary) + 2 get another star. (Who knows if we'll see a star demand a trade)

Wiggins might seem like the more likely to go but who knows. Tremendous role player for them but paying Draymond that for his 30s does scare me a bit. Particularly after a nondescript 19-20 (understanding he's a role player). Not saying he's Draymond, but I like what Eric Paschall bought to the table. 

Huh. We are looking at the box score of the Blazers-Lakers game tonight. Seems like ESPN forgot to add the Blazers 4th quarter points to their total.  My son went to bed cursing technology.  Stupid internet.

I think the Warriors should take Toppin. Wiseman's going to really cramp their spacing if you play him together with Green, and he's going to be targeted on PNR incessantly. Toppin can shoot, run PNR, and score inside on smaller defenders.

Edwards leaves them pretty small, Ball's shooting has a ways to go and his dad's a pain in the ###, and probably needs the ball in his hands more. Toppin makes a lot of sense. Or maybe the Israeli cat, but I don't know much about him.

LOL KNICKS :lmao:  . FN AWESOME. Missed Durant. Missed Kyrie. Missed Zion. Ripped off in Porzingis deal. Picking somewhere in the back half of the lottery. Worst roster in the league.

Epic.
well, technically, they don’t have the worst roster since almost everyone will be a UFA.  but anytime you have nkilitina and dennis smith rostered, you will be at the bottom.  and think, they picked up the rookie options on those 2 slugs.  maybe we can tank for bron bron.

If the Knicks are willing to take another PG, one of Hayes or Haliburton will probably fall to them.  Both show promise and apparently have high basketball IQs.

Users who are viewing this thread