Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste


Recommended Posts

Just now, DJackson10 said:

You are just in denial like everyone other fan. But hey I hope you guys have fun losing in the 1st and 2nd round constantly again.Hey at least you guys will probably end up with Ty Lue as coach. 

Not in denial at all.  Do you honestly think we would have won a title without Embiid or Ben had we won more games those 'tanking' years?  It's ridiculously easy and arrogant to sit on the outside and call it a failure if they didn't win a title.  There's a very small percentage of teams that win titles... 13 teams have done it in the last 40 years!  Out of around 1200 teams over those 40 years.  They were one shot away from possibly taking that step last year, but you're sitting there saying "it didn't work, it all failed, they weren't one of the 1% of teams that win it".

The "process" put them in POSITION to win the title.  A lot of things have to go right to actually win it.  In that sense, Hinkie's strategy absolutely was successful in getting them championship-level talent to at least contend.  If they hadn't done it, we could be (I think would be) in way worse position now.  We could be a Hawks/Bulls/Hornets type team who is even further away from a playoff run.  I can see how you're sad as a Bulls fan, but maybe focus on them rather than your rambling about how Hinkie was a failure when he brought in the best talent we've had in decades. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NBA 2k20 cover released

Well folks, it's your favorite time of year - that's right, it's time for Caustic's second annual mock draft! Putting it in spoilers here as to not clutter up the thread - Go Nets. 

Well, bye.

33 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Ya, you've 'stated the facts' about a million times in here. Move on?

No one said we were winning a title for sure.  Hinkie's strategy put us in a POSITION to possibly win... it hasn't worked.  But we're in better shape now then we would have been without Embiid/Simmons and a bunch of later picks.  Just cause the Bulls arent' doing anything exciting, doesn't mean you have to dedicate your life to making unreadablely long, redundant posts about another team.  Sheesh.

And the Process allowed for the Butler trade. They needed a stretch 4 and they overpaid for Tobias. But the positions they traded for there were the correct needs. Just a few bounces from beating the eventual champs. They just really should have prioritized Butler over Tobias and Simmons and Brett Brown. He was a philly type player all day and seemed to get along very well with Embiid. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

And the Process allowed for the Butler trade. They needed a stretch 4 and they overpaid for Tobias. But the positions they traded for there were the correct needs. Just a few bounces from beating the eventual champs. They just really should have prioritized Butler over Tobias and Simmons and Brett Brown. He was a philly type player all day and seemed to get along very well with Embiid. 

Yep, it's like in the highly likely scenario that we don't win a title, Djax sits and says "ha it didn't work".  There were a lot of errors we made since Hinkie has left. All that work for nothing.

But hey, Djax is bashing us for our 1st/2nd round exits when his Bulls have made it past round 2 ONE TIME in 23 years lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

You are just in denial like everyone other fan. But hey I hope you guys have fun losing in the 1st and 2nd round constantly again.Hey at least you guys will probably end up with Ty Lue as coach. 

Like I was saying 

John Clark

28m  · 

Sixers have interest in Tyronn Lue as a candidate and feeling is mutual, according to @wojespn

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Not in denial at all.  Do you honestly think we would have won a title without Embiid or Ben had we won more games those 'tanking' years?  It's ridiculously easy and arrogant to sit on the outside and call it a failure if they didn't win a title.  There's a very small percentage of teams that win titles... 13 teams have done it in the last 40 years!  Out of around 1200 teams over those 40 years.  They were one shot away from possibly taking that step last year, but you're sitting there saying "it didn't work, it all failed, they weren't one of the 1% of teams that win it".

The "process" put them in POSITION to win the title.  A lot of things have to go right to actually win it.  In that sense, Hinkie's strategy absolutely was successful in getting them championship-level talent to at least contend.  If they hadn't done it, we could be (I think would be) in way worse position now.  We could be a Hawks/Bulls/Hornets type team who is even further away from a playoff run.  I can see how you're sad as a Bulls fan, but maybe focus on them rather than your rambling about how Hinkie was a failure when he brought in the best talent we've had in decades. 

Wasn't the object of tanking was to give them a chance to acquire talent to COMPETE and possible win a title? If that's not the goal then the tank is a waste. They are no where close to that goal at the least with the way this current roster is constructed. Like I said last year you were lucky Butler was around or you'd been one and done to the Nets. Probably with Ben would've still lost to the Celtics this year. Harris has one of the worst contracts in the NBA right now. Theres not much depth as well. 

CHICAGO is building to a bright future right now. They might not be great next year but at least they got an actual plan in mind now. They got a young nucleus to continue to grow and a top 4 pick in this draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

Wasn't the object of tanking was to give them a chance to acquire talent to COMPETE and possible win a title? If that's not the goal then the tank is a waste. They are no where close to that goal at the least with the way this current roster is constructed. Like I said last year you were lucky Butler was around or you'd been one and done to the Nets. Probably with Ben would've still lost to the Celtics this year. Harris has one of the worst contracts in the NBA right now. Theres not much depth as well. 

CHICAGO is building to a bright future right now. They might not be great next year but at least they got an actual plan in mind now. They got a young nucleus to continue to grow and a top 4 pick in this draft. 

Yes it was.  And they did compete and possibly win a title last yer.  And yes we agree on Harris' contract and Jimmy leaving... none of that had to do with Hinkie.  You're arguing both sides of the coin now, and using Brand's awful moves to discredit Hinkie.  You're a waste of time dude, your obsession with anti-sixers stuff is so overly tired.

Ohhhh a top 4 pick in the draft.  So top draft picks are a good way to build for the future?  Who would have thought...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Yep, it's like in the highly likely scenario that we don't win a title, Djax sits and says "ha it didn't work".  There were a lot of errors we made since Hinkie has left. All that work for nothing.

But hey, Djax is bashing us for our 1st/2nd round exits when his Bulls have made it past round 2 ONE TIME in 23 years lol.

I thought the goal of tanking was to get past rounds 1 and two. BTW in those 23 yrs the Bulls in the Derrick Rose/Thibs ERA made the Eastern Conference Finals. Probably would've been in the finals if not for injuries. The last time 76ers reached the finals was with AI. The Bulls had a not been bit by the injury bug could've competed for a long time. So those two times are more then the 76ers have in 23 yrs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

I thought the goal of tanking was to get past rounds 1 and two. BTW in those 23 yrs the Bulls in the Derrick Rose/Thibs ERA made the Eastern Conference Finals. Probably would've been in the finals if not for injuries. The last time 76ers reached the finals was with AI. The Bulls had a not been bit by the injury bug could've competed for a long time. So those two times are more then the 76ers have in 23 yrs 

And we were one shot away from the ECF... yet ours was a massive disaster and the Bulls were successful.  Never seen a more biased poster on these boards and that's saying a lot.  Now you're blaming injuries for the Bulls not doing anything in 23 years lol. 

But hey we'll see if this Bulls strategy works.  Lets talk in 5 years and if the Bulls haven't won a title by then, I'll expect to hear you say how this strategy of theirs was a huge failure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Wasn't the object of tanking was to give them a chance to acquire talent to COMPETE and possible win a title? If that's not the goal then the tank is a waste. They are no where close to that goal at the least with the way this current roster is constructed. Like I said last year you were lucky Butler was around or you'd been one and done to the Nets. Probably with Ben would've still lost to the Celtics this year. Harris has one of the worst contracts in the NBA right now. Theres not much depth as well. 

CHICAGO is building to a bright future right now. They might not be great next year but at least they got an actual plan in mind now. They got a young nucleus to continue to grow and a top 4 pick in this draft. 

What are you going to do when they trade for Simmons?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deamon said:

Yes it was.  And they did compete and possibly win a title last yer.  And yes we agree on Harris' contract and Jimmy leaving... none of that had to do with Hinkie.  You're arguing both sides of the coin now, and using Brand's awful moves to discredit Hinkie.  You're a waste of time dude, your obsession with anti-sixers stuff is so overly tired.

Ohhhh a top 4 pick in the draft.  So top draft picks are a good way to build for the future?  Who would have thought...

Hinkie was never gonna get them over the hump. This is the other issue I have with you guys. you act like Hinkie was some god. He fell into Drafting Embiid do to injuries and medical red flag. He'd have been drafted by Clevland or Mil and you take Jabari Parker. The goal that year was for Wiggins maybe you get him but we've seen how that turned out. Hinkie put himself in a spot also by drafting too many C's as the next year he took Okafor over Prozingis, Winslow and Devin Booker. In his first year MCW over Giannis. They played with zero PG and there were issues with both Brown and Hinkie working together. The plan other then hoarding the assets was hope we draft well and get lucky. Who did Hinkie really get other then Embiid who helped the team? Other then making them a god awful embarrassment his claim to fame is Just drafting Embiid. ANd for arguments sake. If Sam Hinkie was as good as you guys make him to be why is he no longer working in the league? 

In terms of whats going on the Top 4 pick is good but lets be real the Chicago Bulls didn't blatantly tank for 5 yrs to acquire top picks. It was a lot of terrible GM moves and coaching decisions and injuries on top of that. What the Bulls did have at the time of the start of their rebuild was an established player which got them A solid PG/SG all star coming off of ACL issues in Zach Lavine and unfortunately Kriss Dunn hasn't worked out. They got Lauri Markannen moving up in the draft who still has a high ceiling in the right coaching system as a stretch 4 in that trade, they just took a very good playmaking PG in White, They Drafted WCJr and got Gafford who many peg as a steal in the 2nd round last year. The only bad contract is Porter JR's but it's expiring which could be valuable at the trade deadline. The Sixers didn't have a Jimmy Butler or player like him to trade and got better assets either.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Deamon said:

And we were one shot away from the ECF... yet ours was a massive disaster and the Bulls were successful.  Never seen a more biased poster on these boards and that's saying a lot.  Now you're blaming injuries for the Bulls not doing anything in 23 years lol. 

But hey we'll see if this Bulls strategy works.  Lets talk in 5 years and if the Bulls haven't won a title by then, I'll expect to hear you say how this strategy of theirs was a huge failure.

I think you are missing the part where I said you were lucky to get out of the first round. If not for Butler you wouldn't even of had that chance. You keep complaining how Toronto was only there because of a lucky shot however I and others can say the Sixers were just as Lucky to be where they were last year thanks to Butler's hero ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

Hinkie was never gonna get them over the hump. This is the other issue I have with you guys. you act like Hinkie was some god. He fell into Drafting Embiid do to injuries and medical red flag. He'd have been drafted by Clevland or Mil and you take Jabari Parker. The goal that year was for Wiggins maybe you get him but we've seen how that turned out. Hinkie put himself in a spot also by drafting too many C's as the next year he took Okafor over Prozingis, Winslow and Devin Booker. In his first year MCW over Giannis. They played with zero PG and there were issues with both Brown and Hinkie working together. The plan other then hoarding the assets was hope we draft well and get lucky. Who did Hinkie really get other then Embiid who helped the team? Other then making them a god awful embarrassment his claim to fame is Just drafting Embiid. ANd for arguments sake. If Sam Hinkie was as good as you guys make him to be why is he no longer working in the league? 

In terms of whats going on the Top 4 pick is good but lets be real the Chicago Bulls didn't blatantly tank for 5 yrs to acquire top picks. It was a lot of terrible GM moves and coaching decisions and injuries on top of that. What the Bulls did have at the time of the start of their rebuild was an established player which got them A solid PG/SG all star coming off of ACL issues in Zach Lavine and unfortunately Kriss Dunn hasn't worked out. They got Lauri Markannen moving up in the draft who still has a high ceiling in the right coaching system as a stretch 4 in that trade, they just took a very good playmaking PG in White, They Drafted WCJr and got Gafford who many peg as a steal in the 2nd round last year. The only bad contract is Porter JR's but it's expiring which could be valuable at the trade deadline. The Sixers didn't have a Jimmy Butler or player like him to trade and got better assets either.

Who cares if they 'blatantly tanked'?  The players tried their hardest.  Your GM made terrible moves that made them bad and got them high draft picks that helped them.  Ours did the same... except ours did it on purpose.  You're reaching here and your obsession with this is odd and annoying.  We would likely be in worse shape now had Hinkie not been around... he built us a SHOT to get there, and our current system screwed it up.  Would we have won a title if he was still around?  Not sure.  I'd say probably not.  Like I said earlier, teams in the last 40 years have had a 1% chance to win the title.  But I'd much rather that 'strategy' than the one of the Bulls who haven't even made the playoffs in 3 years.  Yikes that's rough.  But I guess when you need someone to cheer for/hate and your team isn't doing it for you, you can obsess and spew garbage about Philly every 2 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

What are you going to do when they trade for Simmons?

They aren't it's just a ridiculous rumor. There is no way they are Trade Luari, Lavine, White and #4 for Ben Simmons. Thats highway robbery for the Sixers and depletes the team. Thats the rumor going around btw started by some knucklehead on Bleacher Report. Also its not even a report just a suggestion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShamrockPride said:

CP 5'8". Completely unlikeable. Bark of a pitbull, bite of a teacup pomeranian.

I'm sick and tired of the State Farm Commercials with him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

I think you are missing the part where I said you were lucky to get out of the first round. If not for Butler you wouldn't even of had that chance. You keep complaining how Toronto was only there because of a lucky shot however I and others can say the Sixers were just as Lucky to be where they were last year thanks to Butler's hero ball. 

Every single thing you say about the sixers success is "lucky to get embiid".... "lucky to get butler".... "lucky to be there".... and every bad thing that happens to them is because of poor management lol.  You are by far the most biased poster I've ever seen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Deamon said:

And we were one shot away from the ECF... yet ours was a massive disaster and the Bulls were successful.  Never seen a more biased poster on these boards and that's saying a lot.  Now you're blaming injuries for the Bulls not doing anything in 23 years lol. 

But hey we'll see if this Bulls strategy works.  Lets talk in 5 years and if the Bulls haven't won a title by then, I'll expect to hear you say how this strategy of theirs was a huge failure.

Why do Sixers fans keep saying this?   This implies they had a chance to win on that shot.  Coming from a guy who just completely trashed us Raptors fans as “unknowlegeable” no less.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Who cares if they 'blatantly tanked'?  The players tried their hardest.  Your GM made terrible moves that made them bad and got them high draft picks that helped them.  Ours did the same... except ours did it on purpose.  You're reaching here and your obsession with this is odd and annoying.  We would likely be in worse shape now had Hinkie not been around... he built us a SHOT to get there, and our current system screwed it up.  Would we have won a title if he was still around?  Not sure.  I'd say probably not.  Like I said earlier, teams in the last 40 years have had a 1% chance to win the title.  But I'd much rather that 'strategy' than the one of the Bulls who haven't even made the playoffs in 3 years.  Yikes that's rough.  But I guess when you need someone to cheer for/hate and your team isn't doing it for you, you can obsess and spew garbage about Philly every 2 days.

No I'm actually just happy Philly sucked because of all the crap I received from numerous people when I said it wouldn't work or said my opinion on teams tanking. Then when I called out the hypocrisy of people I knew or had seen on social media complaining about others tanking but had every excuse in the book for the 76ers I guess they didn't like being called out too much. Then the blatant we're getting Wiggins/Simmons and then getting Lebron or Insert other big name/s here and winning a title in 5-6 yrs. All while I said I had my doubts or reported stuff I had heard that eventually became true (btw) I was called jealous, a hater, upset at competition etc. All I was ever asking for is an apology hey we were wrong to call you those things but no one wants to eat the crow. It's all fun and games when things are going well but theres no need to be upset with someone who basically from the start said this what was gonna happen. Sorry if people had their doubts who called out blatant tanking on the team but such is life. 

My biggest issue wasn't the tanking itself as much as it was the fans who would complain constantly of others doing it, but long comes Sam Hinkie and their beloved 76ers start doing it every excuse in the book comes out. It just makes you look childish. And then the blatant cockiness of it all from the fans. This coming from probably the biggest bandwagon fanbase in the entire city. Up until Hinkie got here I saw more people with Lebron jerseys, Curry, insert superstar of recent won NBA title team, Kobe Jersey's etc. Rarely I'd see a Sixers jersey currently from someone on the team or 76ers gear overall. Occasional AI jersey a Julius Erving at times. Then they start out with some success and I see everyone and their mother acting like they are diehard fans. From 06-2017 only two seasons were the Sixers not in the bottom 10 of attendance and that was before Sam Hinkie those 2 seasons. in 2018 they sky rocketed to 3rd. BTW during that span just so you can't throw it out there but guess who has consistently been top 3? Yep you guessed it Chi. Even going back in ESPN's attendance by team per year standings that goes back to 2001 only once were the bulls not Top 5 but never fell below 9. My point is people here do not care about the 76ers enough. But everyone and their mother becomes a fan when they are good and act like they are a long term fan. Its like living with Dallas fans in PA without the fact the team can't use the we got rings argument. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hxperson said:

Why do Sixers fans keep saying this?   This implies they had a chance to win on that shot.  Coming from a guy who just completely trashed us Raptors fans as “unknowlegeable” no less.

And misses the point without Butler the 76ers aren't even in that series and are out by the Nets in round one 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hxperson said:

Why do Sixers fans keep saying this?   This implies they had a chance to win on that shot.  Coming from a guy who just completely trashed us Raptors fans as “unknowlegeable” no less.

Ok, if he missed that shot we had a 50% chance to make the conference finals... is that better?  Or you could say our missed 3 before that could have won us the game.  No they didn't have a chance to win the game on that shot, but I do believe they would have won in OT.  Either way you're splitting hairs here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

No I'm actually just happy Philly sucked because of all the crap I received from numerous people when I said it wouldn't work or said my opinion on teams tanking. Then when I called out the hypocrisy of people I knew or had seen on social media complaining about others tanking but had every excuse in the book for the 76ers I guess they didn't like being called out too much. Then the blatant we're getting Wiggins/Simmons and then getting Lebron or Insert other big name/s here and winning a title in 5-6 yrs. All while I said I had my doubts or reported stuff I had heard that eventually became true (btw) I was called jealous, a hater, upset at competition etc. All I was ever asking for is an apology hey we were wrong to call you those things but no one wants to eat the crow. It's all fun and games when things are going well but theres no need to be upset with someone who basically from the start said this what was gonna happen. Sorry if people had their doubts who called out blatant tanking on the team but such is life. 

My biggest issue wasn't the tanking itself as much as it was the fans who would complain constantly of others doing it, but long comes Sam Hinkie and their beloved 76ers start doing it every excuse in the book comes out. It just makes you look childish. And then the blatant cockiness of it all from the fans. This coming from probably the biggest bandwagon fanbase in the entire city. Up until Hinkie got here I saw more people with Lebron jerseys, Curry, insert superstar of recent won NBA title team, Kobe Jersey's etc. Rarely I'd see a Sixers jersey currently from someone on the team or 76ers gear overall. Occasional AI jersey a Julius Erving at times. Then they start out with some success and I see everyone and their mother acting like they are diehard fans. From 06-2017 only two seasons were the Sixers not in the bottom 10 of attendance and that was before Sam Hinkie those 2 seasons. in 2018 they sky rocketed to 3rd. BTW during that span just so you can't throw it out there but guess who has consistently been top 3? Yep you guessed it Chi. Even going back in ESPN's attendance by team per year standings that goes back to 2001 only once were the bulls not Top 5 but never fell below 9. My point is people here do not care about the 76ers enough. But everyone and their mother becomes a fan when they are good and act like they are a long term fan. Its like living with Dallas fans in PA without the fact the team can't use the we got rings argument. 

No one is reading that either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Every single thing you say about the sixers success is "lucky to get embiid".... "lucky to get butler".... "lucky to be there".... and every bad thing that happens to them is because of poor management lol.  You are by far the most biased poster I've ever seen. 

You don't think they were lucky to get Embiid? Without the medical reflags he was a consistent top 2 pick. I never said they were lucky to get Butler. I said they were lucky to have Butler on the team and acquired him in terms without him last year they lose to the Nets in Round 1. 76ers played horrible most of that series btw. So yes they were lucky to even have a chance when they did vs the Raptors because of Butler. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wilked said:

That Harris / deal and contract should be a fireable offense

Should but the owner looks to be keeping Brand and STILL keeping the Collangelo front office. They have no one to blame but themselves for ####### this up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

You don't think they were lucky to get Embiid? Without the medical reflags he was a consistent top 2 pick. I never said they were lucky to get Butler. I said they were lucky to have Butler on the team and acquired him in terms without him last year they lose to the Nets in Round 1. 76ers played horrible most of that series btw. So yes they were lucky to even have a chance when they did vs the Raptors because of Butler. 

You and this "lucky" word.  You can say that about anything.  The Bulls were "lucky" that Jordan wasn't picked first.  Dallas was "lucky" that Luka didn't go #2 in the draft, so are you going to bash Dallas forever and take away from their success because they were "lucky to have him"? 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wikkidpissah said:

only two and a half years since i announced on this board that BBrown could not teach Simmons & Embiid to play together. trust the process!!.

Yep you were right.  Brown likely should have been moved on from years ago.  You live you learn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deamon said:

Without Jordan you wouldn't have won those championships.

You really are missing the point. I've never met a poster so butt hurt about his teams before from other fans. Actually edit that I did and he posted on the Phillies MLB message board. But I will say one thing you have over the dude is you are a much nicer poster/person in general then he was. 

My point is Butler delayed the issues you have now to address. Maybe the team doesn't acquire Tobias if they don't get Butler I don't know even though both came on the same day. My point is having Butler mitigated those problems. In a sense maybe you guys should be glad he didn't extend as he'd have delayed the issues with the team a lot longer. You guys were seeing everything through red and blue glasses last year. Everyone and their mother not a Sixers fan who watches Basketball said the 76ers got by in round one thanks to Jimmy Last year. I remember media saying Joel and Ben need to step up for them to have any chance going far. The Sixers didn't play a very sound series. It was incredible ugly to watch at times. Thats my point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

only two and a half years since i announced on this board that BBrown could not teach Simmons & Embiid to play together. trust the process!!.

its been 7 since I announced on Facebook the Process wouldn't work and was a complete sham. It's been about 5 or so since I said Simmons wouldn't learn how to shoot in the NBA. We both agreed on the above though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

only two and a half years since i announced on this board that BBrown could not teach Simmons & Embiid to play together. trust the process!!.

Process died when Silver appointed Collangelo the sixers GM. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

You really are missing the point. I've never met a poster so butt hurt about his teams before from other fans. Actually edit that I did and he posted on the Phillies MLB message board. But I will say one thing you have over the dude is you are a much nicer poster/person in general then he was. 

My point is Butler delayed the issues you have now to address. Maybe the team doesn't acquire Tobias if they don't get Butler I don't know even though both came on the same day. My point is having Butler mitigated those problems. In a sense maybe you guys should be glad he didn't extend as he'd have delayed the issues with the team a lot longer. You guys were seeing everything through red and blue glasses last year. Everyone and their mother not a Sixers fan who watches Basketball said the 76ers got by in round one thanks to Jimmy Last year. I remember media saying Joel and Ben need to step up for them to have any chance going far. The Sixers didn't play a very sound series. It was incredible ugly to watch at times. Thats my point. 

And I don't think anyone has ever seen a poster write such long unreadable posts that no one reads, and has this much of an obsession with an NBA team they don't even cheer for.

The Embiid 'lucky' draft thing is ridiculous.  So many people bashed that pick saying it was too risky.  We took the risk, it paid off, and you call it 'lucky'.  Honestly the Sixers could win the title next year and you would find something negative to say about it... your bias is on a whole other level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Yep you were right.  Brown likely should have been moved on from years ago.  You live you learn. 

it's weird cuz i'm pissed, too. i'm a b-ball fan before i'm a Celts fan and i wanted to see perhaps the most unprecedented duo ever put togetherr light it up. not saying there's a coach out there who can turn that around - it's just that Brown was never going to get either to put Ws over their brand/ego or work together

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

its been 7 since I announced on Facebook the Process wouldn't work and was a complete sham. It's been about 5 or so since I said Simmons wouldn't learn how to shoot in the NBA. We both agreed on the above though 

Process wasn't a Sham. It got us 2 top 20 players and a bunch of capital that landed Tobias and Butler in the same season. The problem is that the NBA sabotaged the process for making them look like fools. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

You and this "lucky" word.  You can say that about anything.  The Bulls were "lucky" that Jordan wasn't picked first.  Dallas was "lucky" that Luka didn't go #2 in the draft, so are you going to bash Dallas forever and take away from their success because they were "lucky to have him"? 🤣

No I'm more so saying Hinkie shouldn't get the credit he does for the pick. It was beyond obvious he should take him. Good job of him doing his job. But then again you guys give standing ovations when it comes to a guy shooting a jumper and making it finally. Those GM's made the obvious move. The credit should go to how they built around those players though. Hinkie did zero to build around Embiid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Insein said:

Process died when Silver appointed Collangelo the sixers GM. 

Yep.  I don't know how people can say "trust the process failed!  the harris deal was terrible!".  We all agree that the moves Collangelo and Brand made were bad.  There's no argument there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Insein said:

Process died when Silver appointed Collangelo the sixers GM. 

Process died when Harris decided to meddle between the Coach and GM and players. Brown told the team he wasn't extending unless Hinkie was gone and the team desperately wanted Simmons. The NBA didn't screw the 76ers. The 76ers Screwed the 76ers 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wikkidpissah said:

it's weird cuz i'm pissed, too. i'm a b-ball fan before i'm a Celts fan and i wanted to see perhaps the most unprecedented duo ever put togetherr light it up. not saying there's a coach out there who can turn that around - it's just that Brown was never going to get either to put Ws over their brand/ego or work together

Ya I think we hoped he could do it.  At the end of the day he demanded no accountability at all.  Was too soft on them.  It worked somewhat for a bit, and I don't think he deserves all the heat (The moves Brand made were bad) but it's clearly not working and they need a new coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Insein said:

Process wasn't a Sham. It got us 2 top 20 players and a bunch of capital that landed Tobias and Butler in the same season. The problem is that the NBA sabotaged the process for making them look like fools. 

Here we go with its the leagues fault. No Hinkie and Brown weren't getting along. Yes Silver wasn't happy but he didn't do anything. What the Sixers won't admit is they asked the league to help them find a new GM. The league didn't hold a gun to their head and say change things since you make the league look bad.  Also if you guys paid any attention to my Story on the game I went to 4 yrs ago for insight you'd know the issues were far beyond this. 

Also why is it ok for the 76ers to tank but people complained when the Penguins, Nationals, Cavs, etc did it? 

Edited by DJackson10
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Here we go with its the leagues fault. No Hinkie and Brown weren't getting along. Yes Silver wasn't happy but he didn't do anything. What the Sixers won't admit is they asked the league to help them find a new GM. The league didn't hold a gun to their head and say change things since you make the league look bad.  Also if you guys paid any attention to my Story on the game I went to 4 yrs ago for insight you'd know the issues were far beyond this. 

Also why is it ok for the 76ers to tank but people complained when the Penguins, Nationals, Cavs, etc did it? 

Nobody complained near as much about those as you have about the Sixers.  Not even close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Nobody complained near as much about those as you have about the Sixers.  Not even close.

I disagree. I'm not solely talking about this board I mean in general btw. Everyone in this city and their mother complained about these teams even somehow including the Colts tanking for Luck into it. But then the Sixers start doing it every excuse in the book comes out and no body could give me a legit reason why its ok for the 76ers to do it and not those teams. I got the typical BS "Its the only way in the NBA to get better." as the other comment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

I disagree. I'm not solely talking about this board I mean in general btw. Everyone in this city and their mother complained about these teams even somehow including the Colts tanking for Luck into it. But then the Sixers start doing it every excuse in the book comes out and no body could give me a legit reason why its ok for the 76ers to do it and not those teams. I got the typical BS "Its the only way in the NBA to get better." as the other comment. 

Yep, NBA is by far the league that's the hardest to turn around your team without drafting a super star.  If you don't draft a star (Milwaukee, Dallas, Warriors) or have a team where top FA's flock to (Houston, Clippers, Raptors), you're a nobody.  Much easier to turn around a bad team in the other 3 sports.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...