2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NBA 2k20 cover released

Well folks, it's your favorite time of year - that's right, it's time for Caustic's second annual mock draft! Putting it in spoilers here as to not clutter up the thread - Go Nets. 

Well, bye.

1 hour ago, modogg said:

Draft Day prediction.....

with pick 1.24, the Philadelphia Sixers take......... Chuma Okeke, Auburn

I know @caustic went with a different strategy, but as a Sixers' fan if there is one thing i know, it is that no 1st round pick (or at least first player selected in the 1st round) can play for the Sixers their rookie year. Or at least only play a handful of games. It i like the mystery of the cosmos, we don't question it, we have just come to accept it. The team is likely worried that if they break this trend something like a Joel Embiid injury will occur, so they need to keep the trend alive. better if the injury is already in existence so that they don't have to try and poison their rookie with allergic reactions. 

I can see the rookie reactions now as the 24th pick comes up and they all run and hide, refusing to answer their phone. Should be a Game of Zones episode. this would be the 6th year in a row i think (Noel, Embiid, Simmons, Fultz, Smith)?

Okafor played. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Capella said:

Anthony Davis has turned into:

- Lonzo Ball

- Brandon Ingram

- Josh Hart

- No. 8 pick in 19

- No. 17 pick in 19 

- No. 35 pick in 19 

- L.A.' 21 pick if top 8

- L.A.' 22 pick if not

- L.A. swap in 23

- L.A.' 1st in either 24 or 25

And got rid of Solomon Hill's contract.

And another pick from Atlanta (protected cle 1st in 2020). 

Lakers didn’t try to send out their guys as part of this deal still?  According to Woj, this is 100% June 6 deal now. 

???

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Minnesota is engaged in multiple conversations on the No. 6 pick acquired in the deal with Phoenix, league sources tell ESPN.

6:36 PM · Jun 20, 2019

10 minutes ago, caustic said:

???

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Minnesota is engaged in multiple conversations on the No. 6 pick acquired in the deal with Phoenix, league sources tell ESPN.

6:36 PM · Jun 20, 2019

Probably their only chance to get out from Dieng and/or Teague.

I really hope this kid Zion lives up to all this media hype or he's gonna be eaten alive. Every FN' year I hear the #1 overall player was the best talent since Lebron. I've yet to see anyone do it.

1 minute ago, ShamrockPride said:

#### ESPN killing these interviews tonight.

I'm not crying you're crying...

yeah really dusty here---wow, glad for ESPN to showcase great dads instead of the past love affair with the idiot Ball Sr. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I really hope this kid Zion lives up to all this media hype or he's gonna be eaten alive. Every FN' year I hear the #1 overall player was the best talent since Lebron. I've yet to see anyone do it.

The press here is easy, he’ll be embraced no matter what.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The press here is easy, he’ll be embraced no matter what.

Not talking about NO talking nationally and fan wise. He's at a decent place city wise where the Media is low key. 

3 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

yeah really dusty here---wow, glad for ESPN to showcase great dads instead of the past love affair with the idiot Ball Sr. 

Think the media is finally learning their lesson. You put a clown on you get a clown show. 

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

It's beyond stupid the NBA does not announce the pick with the team actually getting the player.

Because technically the draft happens before the leagues NEW YEAR which is dumb. Just make the NBA draft the NEW YEAR or move the draft back and FA up 

• Like 1

Bathrobe aside, I'm anxious to see how Garland works out. He's a dude who shot up draft boards without playing (he was around the 15 kid coming out of high school). He's proof positive that most 5 star kids should either sit out the year or go to a mid-major school and dominate. 

7 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Who do you want the Bulls to take?

I wanted Garland but if they can't get White I'd honestly trade back for more assets and take BPA 

3 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Looks good, sounds good, feels good. I like it. Pels need to figure out size and leadership but I’m actually excited,

I am curious to see if Zion is more of an alpha personality than Anthony Davis turned out to be.