What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (4 Viewers)

defense definitely upgraded.  RoCo and Culver will be tough to deal with.

who did you want?  white?
I wanted Garland.  When that didn’t happen I talked myself into the upside of  White.  But Culver it is.  Ugh.  I think Culver will be fine.  Just feels like more Wolves mediocrity.  

You literally don’t hear this. 
Uh Yeah Andrew Wiggins, Simmons, etc and if it's not Lebron its some other guy. Really tiring but I get it the media and NBA work together to get high ratings for the draft and keep fans of teams who suck still interested. 

I wanted Garland.  When that didn’t happen I talked myself into the upside of  White.  But Culver it is.  Ugh.  I think Culver will be fine.  Just feels like more Wolves mediocrity.  
I wanted Morant till I realized CHI had zero chance in getting him after the Tourney he had

I would certainly agree that he doesn’t really feel like a player worth trading up for.  

So how are these proposed-trade picks executed? Someone from the Pelicans texts someone from the Hawks, and then the Hawks walk up the card?

So how are these proposed-trade picks executed? Someone from the Pelicans texts someone from the Hawks, and then the Hawks walk up the card?
basically the team currently owning the pick waits for the team acquiring it to call them or something. Then the team currently with the pick takes up the card 

And here’s a Woj Bomb:

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Atlanta has acquired New Orleans No. 4 pick in the draft for No. 8 and 17 and 35, league sources tell ESPN. Pelicans are sending Solomon Hill, No. 57 pick and a future second-round pick.

4:58 PM · Jun 20, 2019
Pels are next, right?

ehh?

brandon ingram is the only SF and they Pels have needed shooting and wing defense forever, which are not totally ingram's strong suits.

i do see the C need, but I guess I don't trust Hayes
Darius Miller and Stanley Johnson are still on the roster as 3s. Thought Zion would get some of minutes at SF, too.

... though, now I'm wondering if Rui and Zion could've worked together somehow.

Darius Miller and Stanley Johnson are still on the roster as 3s. Thought Zion would get some of minutes at SF, too.

... though, now I'm wondering if Rui and Zion could've worked together somehow.
stanley johnson is horrible and expiring and will not be back.

Darius Miller tries, but not all that good and certainly not an ideal 3.

You are right that Zion will probably get some minutes at SF, but I am talking about getting a real 3 and D guy in the perfect mold for the NBA today.  I will admit that I am focusing too much on his body type and theoretical skill set, but I would still rather take that chance with that pick as opposed to a rim-running big, which is a little easier to find.  though hayes certainly has a great build and skillset for that in the modern NBA too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garland doesn’t totally make sense in Cleveland and Culver was dumb for the Wolves, any chance they have a deal in place for a swap?  

Im going to pretend that’s the case so that as a Wolves fan I can enjoy just one f#cking NBA draft in my lifetime.

At work so all I have is twitter...Am I allowed to talk about the Suns pick yet? :lmao:  
i'm watching/listening through bleacherreport so i am bit ahead too.

I was thinking this guy was going to the 6'ers........... like 15 picks later

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Ball Larry said:
stanley johnson is horrible and expiring and will not be back.

Darius Miller tries, but not all that good and certainly not an ideal 3.

You are right that Zion will probably get some minutes at SF, but I am talking about getting a real 3 and D guy in the perfect mold for the NBA today.  I will admit that I am focusing too much on his body type and theoretical skill set, but I would still rather take that chance with that pick as opposed to a rim-running big, which is a little easier to find.  though hayes certainly has a great build and skillset for that in the modern NBA too.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Patrick Mahomes likes this

James Jones isn't going to last long as Suns GM :lol:  
i mean i like the player. but when you literally see him in all mock drafts going in the mid 20's you would think you should trade out a bit. At least i guess they didn't take him at 6. but yeah, maybe get some value out of it, like the 6'ers did to the Suns last year

SayWhat? said:
Garland doesn’t totally make sense in Cleveland and Culver was dumb for the Wolves, any chance they have a deal in place for a swap?  

Im going to pretend that’s the case so that as a Wolves fan I can enjoy just one f#cking NBA draft in my lifetime.
Cavs arent playing for the next 2 years. If you think Garland can be great then you pick him and task the newly acquired player developer with figuring it out. 

Users who are viewing this thread