What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (7 Viewers)

Cap numbers for 2019-2020, per Shams:

Official salary cap: $109,140,000

Official luxury tax line: $132,627,000

Stein is saying the Pelicans are not in the market for four-year deals and are not actively pursuing Horford, despite his recent social media follows. The identity of the mystery team offering him 4/100 remains unknown - Mavs are denying it's them, Pels are denying it's them. Maybe my initial guess of Sacramento was on the mark after all? 

Stein is saying the Pelicans are not in the market for four-year deals and are not actively pursuing Horford, despite his recent social media follows. The identity of the mystery team offering him 4/100 remains unknown - Mavs are denying it's them, Pels are denying it's them. Maybe my initial guess of Sacramento was on the mark after all? 
Nets.  Kyrie and Horford together again.

Dallas?

They insist it's not them.
I’m so confused about tampering this year.  When I first heard that, I thought Dallas was protecting themselves from getting in trouble.   But now Kyrie, Kemba and other seem to be committing before they can even listen to teams. 

Probably not Sacramento. Huh.

Carmichael Dave @CarmichaelDave

Interest between the Sacramento Kings and free agent center Dewayne Dedmon is mutual, and strong. Nothing set yet, but there is confidence on both sides. Expect a resolution tomorrow.

7:25 PM · Jun 29, 2019

So to recap possible landing spots for Horford:

*Knicks - probably haven't offered him anything if they're still in the running for Kawhi + KD

*Clippers - probably haven't offered him anything if they're still in the running for Kawhi + KD

*Nets - probably haven't offered him anything if they're still in the running for KD

*Lakers - probably haven't offered him anything if they're still chasing a max player

*76ers - maybe? Seems like they want to keep Jimmy/Tobias, though

*Kings - seem to be prioritizing Dedmon

*Mavs - insist they aren't the team offering Horford 4/100

*Pelicans - not in the market for 4-year deals, not offering Horford 4/100

*Pacers - seems like they're prioritizing Bogdanovic, plus they already have Sabonis, Turner, and Goga

Who knows, man. 

Sounds like the Kings are getting Dedmon. Edit: should have read the rest of the thread first. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So to recap possible landing spots for Horford:

*Knicks - probably haven't offered him anything if they're still in the running for Kawhi + KD

*Clippers - probably haven't offered him anything if they're still in the running for Kawhi + KD

*Nets - probably haven't offered him anything if they're still in the running for KD

*Lakers - probably haven't offered him anything if they're still chasing a max player

*76ers - maybe? Seems like they want to keep Jimmy/Tobias, though

*Kings - seem to be prioritizing Dedmon

*Mavs - insist they aren't the team offering Horford 4/100

*Pelicans - not in the market for 4-year deals, not offering Horford 4/100

*Pacers - seems like they're prioritizing Bogdanovic, plus they already have Sabonis, Turner, and Goga

Who knows, man. 
Yeah, I’ll double down on Dallas.

I really wouldn't give Horford 4 years. 

JMO I think something similar to how Denver setup Milsap's deal would be ideal to offer by a franchise (team option)

Woj: 

Charlotte has been scouring the free agent point guard market, considering such options as Elfrid Peyton, TJ McConnell, Ish Smith and Emmanuel Mudiay, league sources tell ESPN.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Orlando free agent All-Star Nikola Vucevic plans to commit to a four-year, $100 million deal to return to the Magic, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

10:54 PM · Jun 29, 2019

The four-year supermax extension for John Wall and James Harden has been adjusted to:

19/20-$38,199,000

20/21-$41,254,920

21/22-$44,310,840

22/23-$47,366,760

Total: $171,131,520

John Wall for almost 50M in 2023 seems like a good idea. 

next years UFA class really is super craptastic.  Every terrible player who has been overpaid will either be opting in to some crazy amount or hitting the market.

after draymond, there are a few decent guys: Eric Gordon,  Jeff Teague, maybe Gallo, Dragic, Iguodala and Ibaka can squeeze just a little bit more out and maybe Harkless, VanVleet, Harrell, or Roberson can show just enough to get some teams kind of interested, but that is really it.  

A lot of intriguing RFAs though (though some presumably will be extended in the next few months).  Really seems like these teams who try to save their cap space for next year will be in a bad spot.

Marc Stein @thesteinline

It's June 30! Deals coming later today on Day 1 of free agency:

*Kyrie Irving & Nets (4/$141M)

*Kemba Walker to Celtics (4/$141M)

*Klay Thompson & Warriors (5/$190M)

*Kristaps Porzingis & Mavs (5/$158M)

*Nikola Vucevic & Magic (4/$100M)

*Harrison Barnes & Kings (4/$88M)

11:01 PM · Jun 29, 2019

I swear some of these so called journalists should have to come back and admit they were completely wrong when none of their stupid hot-takes come true.  

My prediction for tomorrow--uneventful.

I swear some of these so called journalists should have to come back and admit they were completely wrong when none of their stupid hot-takes come true.  

My prediction for tomorrow--uneventful.
Huh?  There will be a dozen big signings and the Kawhi & KD rumors will be on fire.  More buckle-up than uneventful.  It's more likely Shams or Woj will have something to unleash right after FA officially kicks-off than an uneventful night.

Woj: 

Charlotte has been scouring the free agent point guard market, considering such options as Elfrid Peyton, TJ McConnell, Ish Smith and Emmanuel Mudiay, league sources tell ESPN.

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:  
There's no reason to expect CHA to do it correctly, but if any team needs to bottom out, it's the Hornets. Kemba's awesome. It'll be nice to see him get to play with a real franchise. 

There's no reason to expect CHA to do it correctly, but if any team needs to bottom out, it's the Hornets. Kemba's awesome. It'll be nice to see him get to play with a real franchise. 
Perhaps you didn’t see Mudiay’s work For the Knicks this year.  If you are looking to bottom out, he’s your guy.

Magic giving Vuc 100/4 makes me ill. This team is just trying to be mediocre so much we might as well rename ourselves to the Minnesota Timberwolves. 
What are the alternatives? You want to go back to being 5th/6th in the lottery every year? 

Users who are viewing this thread