What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (2 Viewers)

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 1m1 minute ago

More

Indiana's Bojan Bogdanovic has agreed to a four-year, $73M deal with the Utah Jazz, league sources tells EPN.

Whoa: Shams says Rubio to the Suns, 3/51
Yuck.

I don't know how you pay Rubio more per year than Rose just got over 2. Rose was the far better player in 2018-19. To think they could have gotten Rose+Beverly for what they're going to pay Rubio is mind numbing.

Good thing Rubio will be useful off the ball when it's in the hands of Booker & Ayton 75% of the time.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic are going to try to win games 83-81. Amazing zig
What they’re doing is fine. If Kawhi leaves Toronto and Butler/Harris leave Philly there is a path for them to make the second round in the east. That is a monumental upgrade over where the franchise was. The thought that you either have to win 25 games or a title is silly. Pro sports isn’t that linear. 

Also, they have plenty of young talent that could develop and leap into a star. Bamba, the auburn kid whose name eludes me and possibly Isaac, at least defensively for him. 

What they’re doing is fine. If Kawhi leaves Toronto and Butler/Harris leave Philly there is a path for them to make the second round in the east. That is a monumental upgrade over where the franchise is. The thought that you either have to win 25 games or a title is silly. Pro sports isn’t that linear. 
I’d sign up for 15 wins at this point :kicksrock:  

What they’re doing is fine. If Kawhi leaves Toronto and Butler/Harris leave Philly there is a path for them to make the second round in the east. That is a monumental upgrade over where the franchise is. The thought that you either have to win 25 games or a title is silly. Pro sports isn’t that linear. 
I doubt Vooch nor Ross would have gotten that kinda cash in free agency. I could be wrong.

Orlando was in a tough spot imo. They had momentum and their two best scorers were up for FA. Either option wasn't exactly appetizing. I don't think this team competes until Fournier goes. He just isn't a good enough player to make the money he is making. I would have preferred they let both of them walk or keep flexibility for next summer. They didn't do that and now we are betting on this team to develop the young talent but oh we are keeping vets around to take minutes. Shrug. Either way wasn't going to be great.

Woj:

Free agent F Rodney Hood has agreed to a two-year, $16M deal to return to the Portland Trail Blazers, CAA agents Ty Sullivan and Austin Brown tell ESPN. Deal includes a player option.

What they’re doing is fine. If Kawhi leaves Toronto and Butler/Harris leave Philly there is a path for them to make the second round in the east. That is a monumental upgrade over where the franchise was. The thought that you either have to win 25 games or a title is silly. Pro sports isn’t that linear. 

Also, they have plenty of young talent that could develop and leap into a star. Bamba, the auburn kid whose name eludes me and possibly Isaac, at least defensively for him. 
Orlando is in decent shape but the roster is really heavy in the frontcourt and in serious need of a young guard to get them set up.  In theory that player could be Fultz, but more likely is a pick or trade to acquire one in a year.

Yuck.

I don't know how you pay Rubio more per year than Rose just got over 2. Rose was the far better player in 2018-19. To think they could have gotten Rose+Beverly for what they're going to pay Rubio is mind numbing.

Good thing Rubio will be useful off the ball when it's in the hands of Booker & Ayton 75% of the time.....
For the Suns Rubio >> Rose.  The Suns have some young talent and adding a player that will always look to get them the rock in good positions to score is huge.  Rose is a limited minute, high usage player.  He also isn't the ideal player I'd want showing the young players how to take care of business off the court.  Plus, Rubio is a good defensive player that will keep Booker and his energy focused on fillin' it up.

I can hardly wait to see what collection of Floatsam the Lakers manage to gather together this year. I can hear it now - starting at point guard Ron Baker!

I doubt Vooch nor Ross would have gotten that kinda cash in free agency. I could be wrong.

Orlando was in a tough spot imo. They had momentum and their two best scorers were up for FA. Either option wasn't exactly appetizing. I don't think this team competes until Fournier goes. He just isn't a good enough player to make the money he is making. I would have preferred they let both of them walk or keep flexibility for next summer. They didn't do that and now we are betting on this team to develop the young talent but oh we are keeping vets around to take minutes. Shrug. Either way wasn't going to be great.
Vooch would’ve gotten paid. I don’t know about Ross but some mediocre guys are getting bags, so yea probably. 

The nba season is 82 games. There are plenty of minutes to go around. 

Brogdon to the Pacers...ZING!
Great addition for the Pacers.  Indiana will love his game and the type of person he is.  First class individual all the way.  Only risk is his right foot.  It was red flagged at the draft and contributed to his fall to the 2nd.  He also hurt his left foot last year, so there is risk with that deal.  On the court though he's an ideal fit next to Oladipo.

Pacers sending a first and two seconds to Milwaukee for Brogdon. Contract is 4 yrs 85MM.
Decent commodities to the Bucks if they were not going to match.  Those will be much needed by Milwaukee to add another player at some point.  Suspect they'll now bring back George Hill to be that 3rd guard now.

Harris staying in Philly, 5/180
yeah, i am digging that:

Woj: Tobias Harris, will re-sign a 5year deal with Philadelphia 76ers for $180million, according to his agent and father, Torrel Harris of Unique Sports Management, International.

Well we got Tobias back. So that's something. Butler seems like he's gone though. Not sure how Miami is paying him but looks like he's heat bound.

yikes, just saw this. this is sad. Wondering what the Sixers were going to offer him. 2 years for 26 million doesn't make much sense. JJ always gave the impression he loved it in Philly, so wondering if Elton talked to him about how they might not be able to sign him. can't figure this one out

Dunk'd on podcast did their annual free agent predictions. I know @Long Ball Larry is a fan, but it is always a fun listen. Some interesting outcomes, Nets and Sixers would be happy if this is how it turns out. Knicks will be sad
With the FA signings now hitting it reinforced the single biggest take away from those 3 pods - the number of point guards available was lower than the number of teams with a need there.  Which meant the market would be there to get the players below Kemba & Kyrie get paid.  ...and they are.  Rubio, Brogdan, and we wait on a few others like Rozier, etc

Dunk'd On is the best 'serious' bball pod out there.

So the best 4 teams from the East last year are all likely worse next year?
still early, but losing JJ will hurt. there were times last year when they had too many guy who needed the ball and wanted to shoot, but this is a strange one for JJ to make this move this fast. With Butler, who knows. as long as they don't lose him for nothing. Maybe they have a potential sign and trade on the table that would have effected JJ

Users who are viewing this thread