What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (12 Viewers)

I've joked before but Djacking is the new Hippling right?
He has his own weird style with the ridiculously long posts and constant personal "insider" type references.  It is quite comical and has to be extremely time consuming.

I don't think I'll ever block him, but I rarely read much of what he posts anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a bad or good thing? 
Been on this board for 18 years... I still don’t exactly know what Hippling is. I remember the poster it’s named after, but that hasn’t been enough of a clue.

People bring it up sometimes, but I could never quite figure it out from context? Just plain “overposting”? Explaining too much or in too much detail? Replying to a bunch of different people in many consecutive posts? Still don’t know.

Is Kawhi Leonard the kind of guy who would, after making a decision, but then learning that his decision was accurately guessed by many in the media ... might he want to do a 180 merely to make sure he wasn’t “figured out”?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been on this board for 18 years... I still don’t exactly know what Hippling is. I remember the poster it’s named after, but that hasn’t been enough of a clue.

People bring it up sometimes, but I could never quite figure it out from context? Just plain “overposting”? Explaining too much or in too much detail? Replying to a bunch of different people in many consecutive posts? Still don’t know.
We had a term of our own on my old baseball board. We called it Grundeling which referred to anyone who took a thread off topic which usually happened. You always had that one poster who tried arguing something you weren't even trying to argue/debate and get the thread completely off topic. From what Ive seen on here the posters are pretty good keeping threads on topic 

Is Kawhi Leonard the kind of guy who would, after making a decision, learn that his decision was accurately guessed — and thus want to do a 180 merely to make sure he wasn’t “figured out”?
I think it's just a matter of defending your title vs being close to home. Winning the title really messed up his plans I think.

Is Kawhi Leonard the kind of guy who would, after making a decision, but then learning that his decision was accurately guessed by many in the media ... might he want to do a 180 merely to make sure he wasn’t “figured out”?
Uh no.  He does what he wants and doesnt give a ####.  That's what I like about him

Ben golliver 3h

Riding Zion Williamson excitement, Las Vegas Summer League has sold out 17,500 seats for Friday's Pelicans vs. Knicks.

- General admission day passes are being scalped for $80.

- Lower bowl tickets re-selling for $400+.

- 1,000 media credentials have been issued, a new record.

100% this.  Everyone lines up around the block to watch Jeannie buss play Dan Gilbert in one on one.  They are the important ones.
The players are babies today. "Wah coach was mean to me get rid of him or I'm gonna leave." "Wah said teammate made fun of me" "Wah coach wants to discipline me for being an idiot and showing up late to meetings and practice for the last week." 

I wish I had as much say in my job Jesus Christ. If I tried to leave my store for another store I wouldn't even be allowed and if I got the Union involved it'd become even more messy situation. These guys today are the biggest group of babies ever. I really wish some of these old school players were coaches because these current athletes need their entitled asses to get a reality check the world doesn't revolve around them. Show up late constantly to meetings and practice? Have fun riding the bench next to me during the next 3 games. When we lose those games you can then be a mature adult take accountability for your actions and tell everyone it's not the coaches fault for sitting me. I was just being an entitled immature brat. Just like everyone else if I don't do my job or what's expected of me and don't follow team rules I can be in trouble and disciplined too. It's just at a bigger stage. 

People need to stop babying these guys and literally letting the run the league at this point. You are only encouraging the behaviors here. Hopefully next CBA the owners grow a pair and try to take back their teams. Have it so players are held accountable for being idiots and can be properly disciplined. 

Uh no.  He does what he wants and doesnt give a ####.  That's what I like about him
Yeah I kind of agree here. Everyone thinks he should've just signed already. He's just saying I don't give a #### I'll decide when I want to leave me the #### alone. 

Ben golliver 3h

Riding Zion Williamson excitement, Las Vegas Summer League has sold out 17,500 seats for Friday's Pelicans vs. Knicks.

- General admission day passes are being scalped for $80.

- Lower bowl tickets re-selling for $400+.

- 1,000 media credentials have been issued, a new record.
For summer league? Thats crazy. I mean I'd like to go one of these years as I've heard it's a great time but I'm not spending anymore then $20 to see exhibition games rookies and 2nd and 3rd yr players are playing in. Thats just crazy. If I wish I knew one or two people who paid 400+ to watch Zion because if he ends up sucking I could always be like remember when you were dumb enough to pay $400+ for a exhibition game ticket to summer league for a guy who was only in the league for 5 yrs? But like it's been said in the video game thread about people buying the VC and loot boxes people are dumb enough to pay it

NOTE: I'm not saying I hope Zion fails I just think it'd be funny to know someone and be able to joke about it with someone who paid money like that for an exhibition game that counts for nothing for a guy who hasn't proven a thing yet. 

And honestly if I really wanted to watch a bunch of rich entitled people ##### and complain about not getting their way Celebrity Rehab is some great programing and less taxing to watch. It's quite entertaining in fact. For some of these people you don't feel sorry for because they were that person who thought "I'm rich and famous and I'm unstoppable." and then hit a wall. Some you feel sorry for wasting all that talent away doing stupid ####. Either way it's also less time consuming. 

The players are babies today. "Wah coach was mean to me get rid of him or I'm gonna leave." "Wah said teammate made fun of me" "Wah coach wants to discipline me for being an idiot and showing up late to meetings and practice for the last week." 

I wish I had as much say in my job Jesus Christ. If I tried to leave my store for another store I wouldn't even be allowed and if I got the Union involved it'd become even more messy situation. These guys today are the biggest group of babies ever. I really wish some of these old school players were coaches because these current athletes need their entitled asses to get a reality check the world doesn't revolve around them. Show up late constantly to meetings and practice? Have fun riding the bench next to me during the next 3 games. When we lose those games you can then be a mature adult take accountability for your actions and tell everyone it's not the coaches fault for sitting me. I was just being an entitled immature brat. Just like everyone else if I don't do my job or what's expected of me and don't follow team rules I can be in trouble and disciplined too. It's just at a bigger stage. 

People need to stop babying these guys and literally letting the run the league at this point. You are only encouraging the behaviors here. Hopefully next CBA the owners grow a pair and try to take back their teams. Have it so players are held accountable for being idiots and can be properly disciplined. 
How much money do you make for your store?

@Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete would usually reply to a thread later after most conversation had happened and quote 5-10 posts in a row. So you'd just so a long string of hipple posts in a row. 

It's not a bad thing. It's just Djax has taken the position over since Hipple is long gone it seems.

Having fun revisiting this 2015 article from Bleacher Report, Predicting the League's Top Stars in 2020. Lebron and Kawhi did not make the list, but Dragan Bender did!

1. Anthony Davis

2. Andrew Wiggins

3. Demarcus Cousins

4. Kevin Durant

5. Russell Westbrook

6. Kyrie Irving

7. Blake Griffin

8. Steph Curry

9. Paul George

10. James Harden

11. Giannis Antetokounmpo

12. Klay Thompson