What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (12 Viewers)

Kawhi and PG13 teaming up in LA to play for the Clippers, and Kyrie and KD teaming up in NYC to play for the Nets.  :wub: Couldn’t have written it better myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lakers fans gotta swap the Laker jerseys that they just swapped back in for their Warriors jerseys for some Clippers jerseys. Phew.
Don't know what gives you the impression that Lakers fans are bandwagon. You obviously don't live in LA. All you need to know about Lakers fans and Los Angeles is that Kawhi and George will be booed profusely on Clippers night at Dodger Stadium next year.

Flip side of that (from Bill Simmons) - Did OKC really just get Shai and Gallo and 5 firsts and 2 swaps for Paul George?
You could say the same thing about the Lakers trading all that for Anthony Davis, but then they also were able to...uh, huh...add Danny Green, KCP, and JaVale?

How does George go from loving OKC and forgoing free agency to forcing his way out without any indication??
No club parties this year from Westbrook?  In the end both Paul George & Kawhi Leonard (as most expected) ended up in Los Angeles.

As disappointed as some OKC & Toronto fans may initially feel this morning...they both came out better from adding the player.  The Raptors got that elusive title with Kawhi and the Thunder just turned the PG13 FA re-signing into a huge commodity payday.

Westbrook will be due $47MM in the ‘22-‘23 season, I can’t imagine other GMs viewing that as a positive-value contract.

I don’t get the part where the Thunder “had no choice” but to trade George. He had 3 more years in that deal. What was he going to do?

Thunder should try to dump Westbrook on Miami. I’m a big fan of SGA.  OKC fans should be happy after getting over the shock.

Amazing how the Paul George stuff didn’t leak.

I feel bad for the Raptors  but it should be a fun season to watch!

I don’t get the part where the Thunder “had no choice” but to trade George. He had 3 more years in that deal. What was he going to do?
I mean when you can get 5 non lottery draft picks, you have to do it, right?

Shai is nice though.  

I do think one of the takeaways for the future is that FA destination draft picks are basically worthless (LAL, LAC, GS, MIA).  Maybe you’ll have enough of them that you get lucky at some point, but those four teams seem to have wiggle room to rebuild through FA.

Now I cant wait for the Westbrook trade so we can see we can compete with Washington for the most washes up PG making 40+ million.  At least they can’t trade for him until Dec 15th.

From leonard requesting that the lakers hold off on the AD trade, it seems that if PG didn’t get traded to the Clippers, that He was going to the Lakers.  Seems he just wanted to go to Los Angeles and not be in a rebuild, but preferably not with Lebron and AD. 

If OKC blows it up, that first rounder that the sixers got for Fultz becomes a second, right?  Fultz has to be the Worst trade and pick in NBA history. 

If the Lakers don’t do well this year then AD could walk. That would give you Laker haters something to cheer about because if he does it would effectively destroy the franchise for years. 
After all that trade drama, you’d think he wouldn’t but crazier things often happen in the NBA.

The biggest unknown for the Lakers is how rapidly LeBron will succumb to age.  He’ll be 40 when AD’s next contract ends.

After all that trade drama, you’d think he wouldn’t but crazier things often happen in the NBA.

The biggest unknown for the Lakers is how rapidly LeBron will succumb to age.  He’ll be 40 when AD’s next contract ends.
They need to keep AD (obviously) and sign another elite player to pair with him in 2 years. 

If the Lakers don’t do well this year then AD could walk. That would give you Laker haters something to cheer about because if he does it would effectively destroy the franchise for years. 
I think they are done anyway.  Lebron has maybe, maybe 2 more overly productive years and then thats that.  You have AD (hopefully) and no other assets to build with.

From leonard requesting that the lakers hold off on the AD trade, it seems that if PG didn’t get traded to the Clippers, that He was going to the Lakers.  Seems he just wanted to go to Los Angeles and not be in a rebuild, but preferably not with Lebron and AD. 
Also shows that Stephen A is completely wrong again. 

Users who are viewing this thread