What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (5 Viewers)

Bucks

sixers

clippers

rockets

jazz?

nuggets?

i guess they would be Top 6 off the top of my head, though I probably haven’t fully comprehended all of the offseason moves yet.
I would be surprised if gsw won the title but not totally shocked depending on matchups in the playoffs.  Russel/klay/green/steph would have a fighting chance to knock off one of the LA teams. 

The top 7. And I said I wouldn't be totally shocked. If you think this year isn't as wide open as it's been in a decade than you're kidding yourself. 
I didn't say that it "isn't as wide open as it's been in a decade."   So please don't put words in my mouth.

i just don't see 7 teams who have any realistic shot of winning it all.  Both LA teams, Milwaukee, Philly.  That's it.  Nobody else really has a prayer.

Still, even having 4 teams with a real shot sounds exciting after what we've witnessed the past 5 years.

Bucks

sixers

clippers

rockets

jazz?

nuggets?

i guess they would be Top 6 off the top of my head, though I probably haven’t fully comprehended all of the offseason moves yet.
Lakers still have second-best odds in Vegas. They have to be included. If they get in Lebron and AD may be enough with the spaced out playoff schedule. 

Gotta say this is the most I've been excited about the NBA in years. Would not be totally shocked if any of those top 7 teams won the title. We haven't had a year where more than 3 teams had a shot in like what, a decade?
Yeah, here's to hoping we're past that "3 guys in their prime superteam" phase for a bit. Thanks again for that LeBron...

Rockets and Nuggets have no chance this year.  

Both LA teams, Milwaukee, Philly.  That's it.  Nobody else really has a prayer.

Rockets have no chance? :loco:
Again I'm not arguing that they're gonna win it and would never bet on it. But I think GS and HOU have a BIT of a chance. The LA teams aren't as dominant as GS has been in the past, and there's an outside chance it's not an LA team in the finals this year. That's my opinion though. 

Clips still have 1sts in 2020, 2021 and 2023, plus shamet, magruder and probably zubac. (And Jerome robinson, I guess) so at least the cupboards not completely bare.
I don't think Mcgruder (he's way older than you think and was cut last season - even if the circumstances were odd) and Zubac (he all the sudden probably has a little more leverage to get overpaid and he is a giant slow center) are much in the way of assets. Those 1sts also can't be traded (until the picks are made) - hopefully they use them to draft some back end roster talent and actually build the team rather than what the Warriors or all LeBron teams seem to do.

The Nuggets were the 6th youngest playoff team ever last season. They haven't made any moves to improve the team, but their internal growth should make them a few wins better than last year.
So are you going on the record as saying that the #2 seed from the previous year that you think has actually gotten a little better has a chance?

Lakers still have second-best odds in Vegas. They have to be included. If they get in Lebron and AD may be enough with the spaced out playoff schedule. 
I think people are going to be surprised to see what father time has done to Lebron this season.  I think it all hits the fan next year based on what I watched this past season.  He cannot carry a team anymore and those minutes, man those minutes are going to catch up with him.  He wrote that check and I think it gets cashed this season.  Not saying he has a major injury or anything but I just feel his body is just worn down.

Jokic and Murray are too great young players.  Of course they have a chance.  Barring injuries they should be a 3-5 seed out West.  Closer to a 3 with Clippers and Jazz being 1 and 2.
The West is gonna be so fun to watch. Gonna be an awesome playoffs, and we could have a gs/clippers round 1 rematch which would be a ton of fun. 

There's a new "a California team will win the title" odds in Vegas right now haha. 

Jokic and Murray are too great young players.  Of course they have a chance.  Barring injuries they should be a 3-5 seed out West.  Closer to a 3 with Clippers and Jazz being 1 and 2.
The same Nuggets team that lost to a Portland team.....who got swept by GS?

Not impressed with the Nuggets.  A bunch of teams around them got better.

I think people are going to be surprised to see what father time has done to Lebron this season.  I think it all hits the fan next year based on what I watched this past season.  He cannot carry a team anymore and those minutes, man those minutes are going to catch up with him.  He wrote that check and I think it gets cashed this season.  Not saying he has a major injury or anything but I just feel his body is just worn down.
Quite possibly, but you have to think they're a lock for a top 6/7 seed in the West.  Even as a 5/6/7 seed, I wouldn't bet against lebron+ad in a playoff series against a team like denver/utah/portland. 

The same Nuggets team that lost to a Portland team.....who got swept by GS?

Not impressed with the Nuggets.  A bunch of teams around them got better.
They are young and Portland is a legit team too.  In fact Both those teams along with the Jazz and Clippers are better than the Lakers.  

I still am not sold on the lakers.  I guess I need to let it all sink in and see what else they can do to round out the team.  But as of this moment, I am not convinced that they should really be that highly thought of for the title given their lack of depth.  Vegas is of course going to make their odds better because they are the lakers and lebron.  I guess it’s fair to say that they should be in the top 7 and given consideration though.

They are young and Portland is a legit team too.  In fact Both those teams along with the Jazz and Clippers are better than the Lakers.  
Agreed. But playoffs are a different story and I think lebron/ad could beat portland or Utah in a series. 

Lebron and AD are obviously great man Lakers are trash after that.  Will all the talented young teams out West I just can’t see them keeping up all season
and they painted themselves into a corner now

But I am crazy interested in watching how james and AD play with each other

I still am not sold on the lakers.  I guess I need to let it all sink in and see what else they can do to round out the team.  But as of this moment, I am not convinced that they should really be that highly thought of for the title given their lack of depth.  Vegas is of course going to make their odds better because they are the lakers and lebron.  I guess it’s fair to say that they should be in the top 7 and given consideration though.
Ya they still have time to land iggy/korver/boogie type players.  And money now to do it. 

Lebron and AD are obviously great but Lakers are trash after that.  Will all the talented young teams out West I just can’t see them keeping up all season
Gun to your head, who do you take in a nuggets/lakers 4vs5 round 1 matchup?

I'm looking forward to the Drake memes.  I mean did Kawhi even consider Drake's feelings?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Gun to your head, who do you take in a nuggets/lakers 4vs5 round 1 matchup?
Right now Nuggets but if the Lakers get Iggy and or Korver then I’d go Lakers. It’s close though imo.  Going to be a fun season especially in the West.

GSW will fall a bit but their experience will carry them to about the 4-5 seed.
Curry has a lot of wear and tear on his body and now has to shoulder a much larger piece of the load especially without Klay for most of the season.  I wouldn’t be shocked if they miss the playoffs all together.  Curry is certainly capable of carrying them but anything happens to him and they’re toast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curry has a lot of wear and tear on his body and now has to shoulder a much larger piece of the load especially without Klay for most of the season.  I wouldn’t be shocked if they miss the playoffs all together.  Curry is certainly capable of carrying them but anything happens to him and they’re toast.
They also did add another all star

Users who are viewing this thread