What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jerry Jeudy, CLE (3 Viewers)

Per Pro Football Focus, Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy contributed a 125.1 passer rating when targeted last season.

Jeudy (6'1/192) and QB Tua Tagovailoa clicked on all cylinders last season with 1,315 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns on 68 receptions. The Biletnikoff winner flashed speed, route-running prowess, and great hands as a sophomore. As long as Tagovailoa stays healthy Jeudy is a great bet for another 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns. The hype may have gotten a bit out of control with Jeudy being mocked inside the top-5 of multiple 2020 mock drafts but he's a great player nonetheless.

SOURCE: Pro Football Focus on Twitter

May 26, 2019, 1:47 PM ET

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller grades Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy as the top prospect in the 2020 NFL Draft class.

Jeudy got the same treatment from Mel Kiper Jr., and we don't think it's going to be the last time we see the Crimson Tide star at the top of rankings. "How good is Alabama wide receiver Jerry Jeudy?" Miller asks, "He's the next Odell Beckham Jr." Keep in mind that Jeudy has not just shown immense talent, he's been incredibly productive; winning the Biletnikoff Award in 2018. It's been a long time since we've seen a wideout go with the first pick (Keyshawn Johnson, 1996), but it's certainly possible Jeudy challenges for the top spot in 2020.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

May 21, 2019, 8:42 PM ET

On his early 2020 big board, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy as the No. 1 draft-eligible prospect.

"Jeudy doesn't have the size of Julio Jones and A.J. Green, who were picked in the top six in the 2011 draft," Kiper writes, "but he's the most talented receiver since that duo entered the NFL." He is far from alone in his lofty estimation of the 6-foot-1, 192-pound Alabama junior, with both Bleacher Report's Matt Miller and the Sporting News' Bill Bender slotting Jeudy in at No. 2 on their own respective 2020 big boards. The reigning Biletnikoff Award winner posted a 68-1315-14 receiving line during the past campaign.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

May 16, 2019, 4:26 PM ET

ESPN's Todd McShay projects Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy to be taken second in his first 2020 mock draft.

Alabama players are projected to be the top two picks in McShay's mock, with QB Tua Tagovailoa being the top pick. Jeudy (6'1/192) is coming off of a sophomore season in which he caught 68 passes for 1,315 yards and 14 touchdowns, emerging as Tagovailoa's top deep threat. Arizona is the team projected to select Jeudy in McShay's mock, and that could be a good landing spot for the talented wideout as the Cardinals will need to prepare for the eventual end of the Larry Fitzgerald era.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

May 2, 2019, 11:34 AM ET

Sporting News' Bill Bender ranks Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy No. 2 overall in his list of 2020 NFL prospects.

Bender has Jeudy (6'1/192) ranked only behind his teammate at Alabama, Tua Tagovailoa. "Jeudy - who averages an absurd 19.3 yards per catch through two seasons - will join Julio Jones, Amari Cooper and Calvin Ridley as the next Alabama first-round receiver under Nick Saban," Bender writes. Jeudy racked up 1,315 yards and 14 touchdowns on 68 receptions as a sophomore, consistently clicking with Tagovailoa for deep. If Jeudy's combine times match his game speed we could see a sub-4.3 40-yard dash and potential top-10 selection in the 2020 NFL Draft.

SOURCE: Sporting News

Apr 28, 2019, 1:22 PM ET

My worst team (in rebuild) is probably not quite bad enough to get the 1.1 so I think I'll miss out. I'm guessing one or more of the other top WRs could close the gap between Jeudy and the rest of the WR class (which I don't think most evaluators view as huge anyway). But I'd love have a chance at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
My worst team (in rebuild) is probably not quite bad enough to get the 1.1 so I think I'll miss out. I'm guessing one or more of the other top WRs could close the gap between Jeudy and the rest of the WR class (which I don't think most evaluators view as huge anyway). But I'd love have a chance at him.
IMO 3 of the top 4 picks are probably rbs. I really dont think a wr goes 1.1, even Jeudy

IMO 3 of the top 4 picks are probably rbs. I really dont think a wr goes 1.1, even Jeudy
Good point. I was thinking specifically in terms of the league I have a rebuild in, where WRs are very valuable. That, along with the possibility that Jeudy is the top skill player taken in the draft, means I think he may go 1.1 in that league. I do anticipate some debates in ppr leagues more generally about Jeudy vs. the top RBs (especially guys like Swift) next spring. A lot to happen between now and then. Should be interesting.

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy has 30-to-1 odds of being the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

The betting markets are confident in an elite quarterback being the first overall pick. Tua Tagovailoa is a heavy favorite at -200 odds, but Justin Herbert (+400) and Jake Fromm (+500) are also in the mix. Every other player, including Jeudy, have at least +2000 odds. Jeudy (6'1/192) has been one of the most touted receiving prospects to enter a final collegiate season, but wide receivers just aren't drafted first overall. However, Jeudy has a chance of being a top-10 pick next April.

SOURCE: Las Vegas Review-Journal

Jun 29, 2019, 3:15 PM ET

Jeudy is my favorite WR prospect in a long time.  He is the complete package, except for freakish size. 

I'd rather have him than any RBs in his class at this point, at least in a vacuum where landing spots are all equal. 

Jeudy is my favorite WR prospect in a long time.  He is the complete package, except for freakish size. 

I'd rather have him than any RBs in his class at this point, at least in a vacuum where landing spots are all equal. 
Could you say how long of a time?  

I can remember I was in love with Watkins as my last "for sure" stud to come out.

Julio and AJG were before that, these two I think were pretty universally liked, however.  

I wasn't playing FF before that.  

Could you say how long of a time?  

I can remember I was in love with Watkins as my last "for sure" stud to come out.

Julio and AJG were before that, these two I think were pretty universally liked, however.  

I wasn't playing FF before that.  
Probably since Julio and AJG.  I liked Evans but he had more flaws.  I really liked Watkins too. 

As prospects, Jeudy and Watkins are similar. 

Probably since Julio and AJG.  I liked Evans but he had more flaws.  I really liked Watkins too. 

As prospects, Jeudy and Watkins are similar. 
This is where I am too. Jeudy feels as can't-miss to me as Julio/Green, and as intriguing as Watkins/Evans. 

The 2014 WR class is an interesting parallel too. Watkins and Evans got all the attention while the FF community was mostly paying less attention to Beckham, who ended up being the best of the group. There's so much WR talent in 2019 that the best guy could very well be someone other than Jeudy. I'd still lay my bets with Jeudy, and I also like him more than the RBs in ppr.

This is where I am too. Jeudy feels as can't-miss to me as Julio/Green, and as intriguing as Watkins/Evans. 

The 2014 WR class is an interesting parallel too. Watkins and Evans got all the attention while the FF community was mostly paying less attention to Beckham, who ended up being the best of the group. There's so much WR talent in 2019 that the best guy could very well be someone other than Jeudy. I'd still lay my bets with Jeudy, and I also like him more than the RBs in ppr.
I love Jeudy but Shenault seems to be someone not getting as much attention. But that could be my CU bias

Shenault has ridiculously good hands.  Higgins, Ruggs, and Lamb are all really interesting...  Then there are the seniors like Edwards and Johnson.

This is the best looking class of rookies I've ever seen if everyone comes out.  6 stud RBs.  4 stud WRs, maybe more... 3 QBs... 

I have Jeudy at the top of it. He looks that good. 

I love Jeudy but Shenault seems to be someone not getting as much attention. But that could be my CU bias
I've not watched Jeudy as closely (CU alum, live in Colorado) but Shenault looks really special to me.  The offense has not used him to the full extent (tons of short passes, bubble screens, motion stuff) but when he is let loose he looks unstoppable.

If he stays healthy I expect him to push Jeudy for the #1 WR in this class.

I feel like I've read a lot of lists where Shenault is projected to skyrocket if he has a productive season. I'm an SEC guy so I watch more of Jeudy. Helpful to get insights on players from conferences I don't get to see as much.

Shenault has ridiculously good hands.  Higgins, Ruggs, and Lamb are all really interesting...  Then there are the seniors like Edwards and Johnson.

This is the best looking class of rookies I've ever seen if everyone comes out.  6 stud RBs.  4 stud WRs, maybe more... 3 QBs... 

I have Jeudy at the top of it. He looks that good. 
I'm actually more excited about Jeudy and Shenault than the RBs. I love 2 RBs in this draft, and dislike the one everyone seems to be crazy over (swift). 

NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah said Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy "reminds me a little of Robert Woods coming out of USC."

Some will take this as an insult to Jeudy (6'1"/192), but Jeremiah elaborates by comparing their frame and instincts. Woods was ultimately drafted with the No. 41 overall pick, but Jeudy is expected to be drafted far before that. In fact, Jeudy has 30-to-1 odds to be the first overall pick. Consider Jeudy the Round 1 version of Woods, who has turned into a plus-level starter in the NFL.

SOURCE: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Jul 1, 2019, 9:59 PM ET

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller mocked Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy to the No. 5 overall pick.

Jeudy (6'1/192) is Miller's top prospect in the class, calling him "special" with "dynamic and smooth" route-running. And it's true. Jeudy is a rare receiver prospect with top-five overall pick potential. In fact, the betting markets give Jeudy 30-to-1 odds of being the first overall pick. NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah compares Jeudy to Robert Woods.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

Jul 13, 2019, 6:48 PM ET

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy said, "I either watch film, train, or watch highlights. That’s mostly like my hobby is football. I won’t say I love football. I’ll say I’m addicted to it."

The perfect "scouts are listening" answer. But Jeudy's comments are probably actually true. The potential top-five pick is one of the most intelligent receivers in recent memory and can run routes with the best of them. On top of that, Jeudy offers elite speed and tons of on-field production. There's basically zero holes in his games, making him as close to a first-round lock as a receiver can be before the college football season starts.

SOURCE: Reddit CFB on Twitter

Jul 17, 2019, 2:30 PM ET

The Athletic's Dane Brugler believes that Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy needs to improve his play strength.

Brugler ranks Jeudy third among wide receivers in the 2020 class; coming in behind Colorado's Laviska Shenault and Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb. This is far from the consensus we've seen from other analysts, as many have not only ranked Jeudy as the top wideout, but the top player overall in the 2020 class. Brugler notes that the wideout's play speed is near elite, but that he needs to get stronger to fight through tackles and win in separation. Brugler also writes that he thinks the top 10 talk is "a little rich," but calls him a solid first-round prospect a la former Crimson Tide wide receiver Calvin Ridley.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jul 24, 2019, 11:37 AM ET

Jeudy >>>> Ridley. 

I know that Brugler is highly respected, but I do not agree with this take at all.  Perhaps Jeudy looked weak because he was 19 last time you watched him.. 

ESPN's Matt Bowen compares Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy to Odell Beckham.

Bowen writes, "Jeudy has an extremely deep tool box of pro traits -- he's a complete receiver." Specifically, it's Jeudy's route running that makes his dynamic, but he's also a plus athlete, although there is some difference of opinion on how fast he'll run. Jeudy's production is elite and he was incredibly efficient, especially on deep targets. It's not a lock that he's the WR1 in the 2020 NFL Draft, but he is the favorite and a near-lock for the first round. Expect Jeudy to be in the mix for the most receiving touchdowns this year.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Aug 6, 2019, 6:53 PM ET

On his preseason Big Board, ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy as the No. 1 draft-eligible prospect in college football.

"Jeudy can run every route, has elite ball skills, and he dominates SEC defensive backs every week," Kiper writes of the 6-foot-1, 192-pound junior. The evaluator ranked Jeudy as his No. 1 prospect back in May, and nothing has swayed him off that opinion in the interim. Kiper colleague Matt Bowen compared Jeudy to Odell Beckham Jr. earlier this summer. As Kiper notes, no wide receiver has been drafted No. 1 overall since Keyshawn Johnson back in 1996.

SOURCE: ESPN Insider

Aug 22, 2019, 9:49 PM ET

Kyler Murray vs. Lamar Jackson; LeSean McCoy's renaissance

NFL DRAFT PROSPECT TO WATCH THIS WEEKEND

Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

Alabama at South Carolina: Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET | CBS

If you're looking for a classic WR1 with a polished game and dependable hands, you might want to settle in for Jeudy's game against South Carolina this weekend. No. 4 is a precise route runner with exceptional stop-start quickness and an assortment of moves that consistently help him get open against top corners. He complements his superb route-running skills with an outstanding combination of hand-eye coordination and ball skills that make him the ultimate chain mover on the outside. Jeudy's consistency and reliability as a No. 1 receiver earn him rave reviews from scouts, and he is only going to rise up the charts when NFL coaches have a chance to really dig into his advanced game.

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy caught six passes for 96 yards and two touchdowns in a 49-7 crushing of Southern Mississippi on Saturday.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Jeudy (6'1/192) was sensational again, and for the third-straight contest in 2019, he was able to score multiple touchdowns. The 2018 Biletnikoff winner caught a 17-yard dime from Tua Tagovailoa in the second quarter, and they connected on a 20-yard score a little under two minutes into the second half. Jeudy is sensational, and he's going to continue putting up monster numbers in this offense. The Ole Miss defense gets to try to stop him next Saturday.

Sep 21, 2019, 3:00 PM ET

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy caught four passes for 50 yards in a 47-28 win over Texas A&M on Saturday.

Normally a four-catch, 50-yard performance wouldn't be noteworthy, but considering Jeudy (6'1/92) hadn't been held under 60 yards all year -- and especially considering the fact that he's considered one of the top prospects in the class -- it is. The fact of the matter is that there are just a lot of weapons in this offene, and even though Jeudy is the best of the bunch, it's not surprising to see an average game. They just happen, folks. Expect Jeudy to be back in the end zone next Saturday against Tennessee.

Oct 12, 2019, 7:20 PM ET

Speaking with Fran Duffy on the 'Journey to the Draft' podcast, NFL Films Greg Cosell called Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy "silly good."

Cosell and Duffy both see shades of OBJ in Jeudy's game, with the former noting that Jeudy is "so dynamic" in his run-after-catch abilities, notably in his "stop-start, his fluidity" and "a natural juice to his movement that you don't see very often." Cosell said that assuming that there is nothing in the 6-foot-1, 192-pounder's off-field background to scare teams off -- there's certainly nothing that we're aware of -- he could absolutely see Jeudy flying off the board as a top-five selection next spring (assuming a declaration). While Henry Ruggs and Devonta Smith have been bandied about as first-round talents this fall, Jeudy remains the best prospect in that trio. He might not be quite as fast as Ruggs (we're talking relatively speaking) but every aspect of his game exudes a brilliant refinement.

SOURCE: Journey to the Draft

Oct 18, 2019, 1:26 PM ET

As an Auburn season ticket holder I always use what I call the "Auburn Test" against players from Alabama, certainly on RBs. Alabama is always loaded with so much talent, especially on the Oline, that it looks All-World against the Arkansas and Ole Miss teams but I've seen some of those guys come down a notch in the Iron Bowl.  Auburn has a great D this year and a good coordinator, I'm not sure they can stop Juedy (I'd like to see him get hit hard and his reaction)- but it would be how I gauge him for the NFL - and also how he does against Georgia if they meet in the SEC Championship as a DB Kirby might have some ideas. These early games have be awful.

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy caught seven passes for 103 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 48-7 dismantling of Arkansas.

Jeudy's two touchdowns highlighted exactly why he is coveted as one of the best WRs in the 2020 draft class. Jeudy's first touchdown was a slippery catch-and-run for a score off a screen pass, while the other was a deep bomb down the right hash. That Jeudy (6'1/192) can win so easily both underneath and over the top -- with and without the ball -- is incredibly valuable. Jeudy will look to bring the same fire against LSU in two weeks.

Oct 26, 2019, 10:22 PM ET

Best WR prospect since Calvin in my opinion. He's basically Odell Beckham, with none of the attitude issues. 

Alabama junior WR Jerry Jeudy caught seven passes for 114 yards in Saturday's 38-7 win over Mississippi State.

While Jeudy was unable to find the end zone in this one, the 6-foot-1, 192-pound junior ended up leading Bama in both receptions and receiving yardage on Saturday. This was Jeudy's fourth showing over 100 yards in 2019. Through 10 games played, the star wideout owns a 64-867-9 receiving line. Western Carolina shows next on Alabama's schedule.

Nov 16, 2019, 3:24 PM ET

I hold 1.2 and 1.3, and probably my own which, thanks to a few things, is looking like 1.6. I'm least deep at rb and pretty deep at wr. Still excited to likely take him with one of those 2 higher picks. 

Yeah, I hope he falls to me at 1 04 due to recency bias.  I think he's a major stud.  

My dream is to take the best landing spot of Swift or Taylor at 1.01, and then get Jeudy at 1.04 and Lamb at 1.06 in Superflex. 
We have similar picks. I was flirting with the idea of going Taylor or Swift, then best RB for 1.2 and 1.3, and going Lamb at 1.6. I just cant pass on Jeudy. I think hes a major stud as well. I'm trying desperately to get 1.4

Users who are viewing this thread